PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Subscribe    Donate
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Quick links
Latest news
Sep 10, 2013 Vin Diesel Getting the Gang Back Together for New Chronicles of Riddick Game
Apr 22, 2009 x360a Review: Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Mar 16, 2009 Riddick Dev Diary Sets the Scene
Mar 04, 2009 The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Demo Now Available
Feb 27, 2009 Over 5 Minutes of Riddick Gameplay Goodness

Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
TheToiletBrush

Gamertag: TheToiletBrush
BlueSkin Side Quest (Butchers Bay)

SPOILER WARNING

Has anyone done this yet? I was looking around on some other sites at FAQs and it has said in a few spots that if you don't kill the first Blueskin in the very first level (the one that gives you a pack of smokes) after killing the boss, you cannot finish the mission later in the game. Anybody know if this is true? I have seen on other sites that when the quest is given to you, the three cats you need to kill are in that same level where the quest is given you. Anybody know, because I don't want to start over because I missed something early that will haunt me later in the game.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
yarminKun

Gamertag: yarmin Kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush View Post
SPOILER WARNING

Has anyone done this yet? I was looking around on some other sites at FAQs and it has said in a few spots that if you don't kill the first Blueskin in the very first level (the one that gives you a pack of smokes) after killing the boss, you cannot finish the mission later in the game. Anybody know if this is true? I have seen on other sites that when the quest is given to you, the three cats you need to kill are in that same level where the quest is given you. Anybody know, because I don't want to start over because I missed something early that will haunt me later in the game.
To complete the sidequest, you only need to kill the three Blueskins located in the upper mines.

By the way, after killing Harmaan, be sure to go to the Feed Ward and kill the Blueskin who will attack you at the entrance of the cafeteria, just in case. (Baasim also has to go, just in case ).

yarminKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
TheToiletBrush

Thanks, man.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
Old 04-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
Obsulete

Gamertag: Obsulete

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The 3 blue skins the game is talking about are in the Upper Mines, one of them is being guarded. Kill the guard, then talk to him, DO NOT KILL HIM, some guides tell you to but don't, if you do the 2 other blue skins will NOT show up. Make your way down into the mines, to the dude you need to talk to then head back up. Go visit that blue skin again and he will have his two friends with him, one will drop the other half the snitch list if your wonder where it was.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
yarminKun

Gamertag: yarmin Kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsulete View Post
The 3 blue skins the game is talking about are in the Upper Mines, one of them is being guarded. Kill the guard, then talk to him, DO NOT KILL HIM, some guides tell you to but don't, if you do the 2 other blue skins will NOT show up. Make your way down into the mines, to the dude you need to talk to then head back up. Go visit that blue skin again and he will have his two friends with him, one will drop the other half the snitch list if your wonder where it was.
That's weird. I killed him before his friends showed up, and his friends still showed up later in the game.

yarminKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:22 AM   #6
DiamondD

Gamertag: TheDiamondD

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarminKun View Post
That's weird. I killed him before his friends showed up, and his friends still showed up later in the game.

Yep same here. In fact, he began to fight me after I found Shurik's glasses, so I think he'll automatically fight you after you kill the guard with the keycard and find Shurik's glasses since I've never gone 3 on 1 before.

Join the Fight!
Coming April 2nd!
DiamondD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
Obsulete

Huh, maybe I am just unlucky and I hit a glitch every time I've played Butcher Bay.

Better safe then sorry though, my advice to anyone would be to not kill the guy till you come back up, I've played this game on every system and every time I killed the blue skin under guard, his friends would not spawn when I got back up.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
Midnight Malice

Gamertag: Midnight Malice

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for the heads up. I was hesitant to go into the mines before I got all the sidequests done, I forgot this part from the origional and wasn't sure I could go back to the cell blocks.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
CrusadingKiller

Gamertag: Crusadingkiller
I kept the first guy in the upper mines alive, and killed him after recieving the bomb, but his friends never appeared. Which makes things a bit difficult.

May just have to rerun through the game on easy to get everything done.
CrusadingKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
Obsulete

Did you talk to him after you killed the guard? I am wondering if that might be the problem with his friends not spawning (regardless if you kill him before you go down or not).
Old 04-11-2009, 05:32 AM   #11
CrusadingKiller

Gamertag: Crusadingkiller
Yeah I think I did, though I may have died and forgotten to talk again. Either way I'll have to run through it again because of the difficulties not stacking.
CrusadingKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
TheToiletBrush

I talked to him, killed the gaurd, went and got the glasses and came back up. Talked to him again and he didn't attack. So, I killed him and did the rest of the mission in the fumed room. No new blue guys.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #13
MadMonkeysUncle

Gamertag: MadMonkeysUncle
I killed the guard and then talked to the blue skin but did not kill him. I killed the other guard and got the card for the door. I went down and talked to Jagger. I went and got the box for Jagger. I went back up the same way I got down there and when I walked out of the door I used the card on all 3 blue skins where there. I killed them and went back to the recreation area and talked to Useem and he thanked me on a fine job and gave me a pack of cigs. I tried this 4 times all different ways and the only way that worked for me was not killing the 1st blue skin guy before you go into the mines. Hope this works for you, good luck and were all counting on you, not really.

Last edited by MadMonkeysUncle; 04-16-2009 at 01:13 AM.
MadMonkeysUncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
TheToiletBrush

Thanks, Man. If I restart the checkpoint, will I have all those sidequest listed in my log?

Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #15
pathogen

Gamertag: HATE SUMM3R
i killed Mosley (first blueskin) and his two buddies did not show up. i had to reload a checkpoint and play through that whole section again (including collecting a bunch of moths). i knew i shouldn't have killed him... but it was SO tempting.

pathogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
ZYM

Gamertag: ZYM0T1C

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Killing the 3 blue skins in the upper mines are not the only blueskins to kill, you also have to do the fights in which you kill two blueskins there, as for the first in the mines whether you kill him first or not doesn't make a difference just make sure you talk to him before killing him . . .
ZYM is offline   Reply With Quote