PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Monsters vs. Aliens
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
nate23

Nate23 the man's Gamercard
how are some of these guys getting these kinda scores on a level

Ive just looked at the leaderboards on the different levels and some of the scores are crazY. The 1st level for example people are getting over 60k. The best I get is 30k thats with getting all the mulitpliyers and not getting hit. Any advice on how to improve????
nate23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
she haunts me

Zombie Disko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Don't get hit on a level. Plug in a spare controller and shoot a few times. You'll get some bonus points for that.

The Missing Link has some good levels to farm points in. There are several of his levels that enemies keep re-spawning unless you do something to advance the level. So you can just keep killing them over and over. B.O.B. has a few levels like that as well.

I'm at 9 million points right now. I had to take the rental back to Blockbuster missing two achievements. But my son loved the game so I'll probably rent it again in the future.

Props to Boiled Frogs for the kick ass sig!
she haunts me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
More importantly WHY are they doing it? Yes, some levels have infinite enemy spawns, meaning if you WANTED to you could sit there for hours on end farming points, but once you reach enough points for the 10,000,000point achievement why on earth would you keep going to have 20,000,000 points in one level? I'm pretty sure I saw that score on one level. Just seems kinda silly to me as I'm quite sure the monsters vs aliens leaderboards aren't going to earn you any street cred lol. I actually managed to attain 1st place on one of B.O.B.'s levels simply by playing through the level single player without getting hit for the 2x multiplier, but that was still only 1,074,000. I'm sure someone's passed that by now easily by plugging in a second controller for some bonus points. Still though it begs the question why they wanna be at the top of the leaderboards so bad.

If you're looking for tips on getting a higher score check out the other thread I posted, "important tips", but basically just use the 2nd controller, get all the "bonus" points like "bonus hugger" and the ones for riding the turrets with Missing Link, Dizzy Ooze with B.O.B. which I think is using his attack at least 10 or 25 times or something, etc. Then if you don't get hit at all you're looking at hundreds of thousands more points at the end of the level once all those bonuses kick in with the 2x multiplier.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 04-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
nate23

Nate23 the man's Gamercard
lol yeah im not looking for any street cred on the leaderboards. I'm just getting sick of playing the level over and over again for hardly any points. Just need to get the scores achievements then im done.
nate23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
Ralph The Rogue

Ralph The Rogue's Gamercard
Probably posted already, but level 12 with a second turbo controller. Easy DNA and 10million. I made 9.7 million on my first try and picked up both DNA collection achievements. Number 17 on the leaderboard for this level. WHOOP!!! It should take you no more than 30 minutes.

Ralph The Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote