PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Superman Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
tmthomsen

Frequent Flyer - the MacGyver way

I came up with this brilliant design today and just had to show it:

How did you do this achievement? The "right" way, or MacGyver style?
tmthomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
SuicideFury

SuicideFury's Gamercard
i did it kind of similar i just taped down the fast flying button then used sisters hair elastic thing put that around controller and went to school came back and had acheevo.
SuicideFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
Perfectionist66

Carter x360a's Gamercard
That has got to be the funniest looking thing I've ever seen. AFTER the rock band sock mod.
Perfectionist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
alexsimms

alexsimms's Gamercard
It didn't work for me, my controller 'went to sleep' and the game pauses.... anyway to make that NOT happen?
alexsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
AlphaXGamerXDad

AlphaXGamerXDad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsimms View Post
It didn't work for me, my controller 'went to sleep' and the game pauses.... anyway to make that NOT happen?
You need to use a wired controller. Be careful with the right shoulder button too. Mine came undone so I was only half way to the achieve when I woke up.
AlphaXGamerXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
I gotta admit that's pretty damn creative. Mine turns off even when I got the two right sticks banded to the side, and one holding down RB and RT and it turned off. Tried leaning something on the B button to see if that would make a difference, but it still turns off after 20 minutes, which is bullshit. Sucks cuz my plug n play charger has a short in it, so it doesn't work anymore.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaXGamerXDad View Post
You need to use a wired controller. Be careful with the right shoulder button too. Mine came undone so I was only half way to the achieve when I woke up.

I tried using a wired controller and when I woke up, it did not work. The game was still on and the camera was still rotating around Superman (due to the rubber band), but even though the tape was still holding RB, it seems like the fast flying just stopped automatically. I tried this with several controllers just to make sure it wasn't my controller going bad or something.

I think what I'm going to do now is turn on the game, rubber band the joystick, and watch a movie on my laptop or something while I make sure the controller is still doing what it is supposed to be doing. It'll take longer, but at least I'll stop leaving my xbox on overnight for no reason.

EDIT: Okay, turns out that it was the tape. Duh me. I solved it though. I turned off the vibration, rubber banded the left joystick, propped the controller up against a cabinet and propped a bit toy truck on it so RB would be firmly held down. I recommend this, worked like a charm. Use something heavy and useless, like a toy or a bible.

Last edited by isw42; 06-02-2009 at 05:10 AM.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
Ace 0 Jokers v2

Ace 0f Jokerz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
WOW lmao!! my gf made fun of me when she saw the rubberbands, cant wait till i send her this pic!! thats so damn funny, i give it to you bro.

I Own 3 consoles, looking for multiple console owners to boost.
Ace 0 Jokers v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
lol thats wicked

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
Ellie10

FYI, you only need to rubberband (or turbo) the RB button. Just make sure Supes' is high enough, and have him fly straight from 1 end of Metropolis to the other. He'll eventually hit an invisible wall, turn around, and start turbo-flying to the other direction.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #11
TimespliTT

splittmark's Gamercard
i will try the back and forth method, i am trying the 360 method but after awhile he comes close to hitting something (he does what he wants)
TimespliTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #12
VidGamiac

VidGamiac's Gamercard
Two rubber bands and infinite stamina cheat for me.
VidGamiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #13
Haboc

Haboc's Gamercard
lol, I did something similar and got the achievement while I slept. It's best to do it with a wired controller make sure turn off the rumble on your controller.
Haboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Kovy88

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
All I needed was one rubberband holding down RB, and it worked just fine. I used a wired controller. Not just a bad game design but terrible achievement design too. They didn't even think about it when they made the "10,000 mile" achievement. And this decision was made during the 30 minute lunchbreak they had in the 2 hour development cycle. Then they just shoveled the game out. And this game WAS developed by EA studio, the same studio that has created the Madden and Tiger Woods series. Like somebody wants to hold RB for 8 hours straight AFTER getting 100% completion in the game.

Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #15
Explicitlyy

By Far Superior's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I can't see it

88% Avoided, 40% Unsporting.
Explicitlyy is offline   Reply With Quote