Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Stormrise
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
JK Ferret

JK Ferret's Gamercard
General tips for each mission

So, I'm going through the game on hard mode. And that's no lie, it is HARD. I was battling through countless enemy forces on Mission 3 for a good few hours before saving and giving up.

Now, I thought it may be a good idea to pool everyone's hints for each mission into a handy thread - what do you guys think? (Also I'm open to help for mission 3, after opening the achievement portal and getting Coop )

JK Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
The Ben Machine

The Ben Machine's Gamercard
Im stuck in the same place, endless amounts of Sai spawning, Ive got it so they arent getting far before being cut down but I cant get past that bloody high level turret at the top of this ramp. Its practically a stalemate... Is there anyway around this? Im lacking the firepower to bring down the shields on this turret...

Edit - Managed FINALLY.. crikey that took a while..

Last edited by The Ben Machine; 04-17-2009 at 03:30 PM.
The Ben Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
II METALCORE II

II METALCORE II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ben Machine View Post
Im stuck in the same place, endless amounts of Sai spawning, Ive got it so they arent getting far before being cut down but I cant get past that bloody high level turret at the top of this ramp. Its practically a stalemate... Is there anyway around this? Im lacking the firepower to bring down the shields on this turret...

Edit - Managed FINALLY.. crikey that took a while..
I was stuck here too for a good while. This level requires some patience, as you wait for your currency to go up. Here's what I did:
Send 10 prowlers to that turret. They should fail to move up the ramp and just sit at the bottom. Frustrating, yes. But they hold off advancing enemies for some time. Now, if you highlight the enemy control node atop the ramp and move back towards your extraction point until you are at the control node that is at the bottom of an incline of rubble, you will see a roadway to the left. Looks like a dead end but it isn't. There are two control nodes around the corner. the first a level 3, so when you liberate that you can summon more units with a warp gate to take the other one. It is important not to get carried away with this, you must keep checking the status of your Prowlers because if they die, you'll be in a situation. It''ll be best to load if that happens. Back to those two turrets, send some prowlers, enforcers and infiltrators to take it. It would be wise to wait while your currency increases in case you need back up. When you have the control nodes, the two extra refineries should make the difference. Send more prowlers to that turret atop the ramp until you have 10 again and wait for your currency to increase. Any units you have out that are idle, you'll need to either use them or send them to that turret for death as their presence on the map adds to the population which of course has a limit. To the left of the ramp is a reasonably large open area, while your prowlers remain a stronghold, send Infiltrator units, until population limit occurs, to the corner of that open area. Next, send some enforcers and prowlers until you have an army you think will win. Remember to save so if things don't go well you can load and try different things. It would be wise to continue to wait for your currency to increase so that when you finally take this node you can afford the turrets and shields etc. Now, when you are happy with your army and they are in position (lined up against the back wall and behind the pillar), either wait until your prowlers at the base of the ramp are destroyed or move them to your army. The Sai will now continue to advance toward your control nodes. They will shoot at your army but they only attck the units nearer the back but this shouldn't cause a problem. You should be able to see the enemy control node icon and any enemy units defending it. You need to wait until all enemy units have left the node. Now, timing is everything, you need to wait until they are so far from the ramp that they don't come back too quickly because as soon as you issue a command to attack that node, all enemy units will be coming back to it. And that's simultaneous. The beauty of AI, annoying. You also don't want to wait too long as more Sai units will be moving up a ramp just past the node. But as I said before, save so you can load and experiment yourself for when you think you should act. Don't forget to group your units beforehand. Send Enforcers first, and then Infiltrators. Sending Enforcers first will enable your Infiltrators to get close enough to the turret to use their demo bombs without dying first. And the reason not to send the prowlers first is probably obvious, they'll get stuck at the bottom of the ramp. Weird though, after you send your Enforcers and Infiltrators, the Prowlers don't have much trouble getting up the ramp. They also hold off the enemy units coming back from your side of the map. Once you take the node, a Warp Gate would be extremely useful so that you can immediately summon more units for defence until the Sai attck dies down. After this, you shouldn't have any trouble with the remainder of the level.
Sorry for this rather long post but I hope it helps.
II METALCORE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
The Ben Machine

The Ben Machine's Gamercard
That makes sense, in the end I just sent Geary with enforces while infiltrators & prowlers mowed down any Sai that spawned, took a while..

Thats a nice strategy though, I`ll keep it in mind for hard mode

Turrets -_- god theyre horrible.. well, at least further on you have the units to balance it out a wee bit (Matriachs ftw lol)
The Ben Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:52 AM   #5
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
lol @ that wall of text, that just hurts.

My tip, give up and trade the game :P lol Games aren't meant to be this frustrating!

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #6
Turtles

have you got any tips for the level where you start to control the proper humans again?
mission 9 i think
Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote