Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Humando Slug Build Guide.

Flipswitch's guide to:

The Human Slug Commando

I dont accept random friend requests, so please send a message prior to your FR explaining what it is you need. Cheers.

Ok so your going to have to bear with me as I write this, as it is the first time Ive got off my ass and bothered actually writing a guide. As a result of this some parts of the guide may seem a little imposing or hard to read, so I apologize for that (Go Go Gadget Wall of Text!) I thank you for your patience and understanding.

First of all, a summary of what this build does and how it works, so that you know whats gonna be happening and dont set your mind on this guide only to find some god-awful twist half way through and decide you really dont want to use it.

This is a build that ignores many of the defensive strategies of building a commando and goes for the raw power aspect, so that everything dies so damn fast you dont have to worry about anything hitting you anyway. I do admit that this build can sometimes be a little bit of a steamroller, meaning it can take a little itme for it to really get going but once it does not much can stop it until the driver (a metaphor for you, dear reader) decides everything is flat enough.

This build is also perfect for spider farming as well as level running / boss killing. The spider dies so stupidly fast on this spec beacause of your battle cry + rate of fire, plus the chances of you getting hit are miniscule, so all the cons of this spec are instantly out the window. For bosses, pumping them full of more holes than a premium swiss cheese has never been easier. More on that later.

Your character will be using a slug rifle, be going down the right path, and will be Human aligned. Also useful for this spec, though not strictly essential, is the Level 3 charm The Force of Two Hundred Hammers, which has a chance to knock down opponents. This allows you to juggle enemies through standard gunfire, and anyone thats played a left path slugmando will know how awesome that is. If anyone has a problem obtaining one, I am happy to dupe my own version for you. However at the
moment it is incomplete, needing another 4000 kills. Ill get on it soon =D

Levels 1-10. Skill Points available: 26.

6 Points into Wrecker of Mead Halls.
6 Points into Adept of the Burning Spear.
4 Points into Tree of Shrieking Flame.
1 Point into Cut to the Bone.
9 Points into Rain of Iron.

In these beginning levels, you are trying to balance laying the foundations for your spec and still having a reasonable damage output. Do not be put of by the 6 points into Adept of the Burning Spear, because even though they feel like wasted skill points now access to the offensive spider and damage boosting battle cry mean its well worth the investment. In the levels prior to placing points into Rain of Iron, dont feel restricted to a slug rifle. Nothing is stopping you from using a plasma weapon at this stage if it does more damage.

Levels 11-20. Skill Points available: 20.

1 Point into Helm Reddener (Human Spiritual Ruiner).
Max Rain of Iron.
Max Cut to the Bone.
9 Points into Gift of Gungnir.

NOTE: Please do not overlook the Ruiner. This skill will save your hide more times than you can count, and should be prioritized.
In these levels your damage should begin to rise a great deal with the points into Gift of Gungnir. This is where you begin to lose your room for improvisation with plasma weapons, as slug rifles become vastly superior. Also, it is not an oversight that the Human Tree has been left untouched thus far, well will come to that.

Levels 21-30. Skill Points available: 20

Max Gift of Gungnir.
2 Points into The Everburning Heart.
6 Points into Hero's Heart.
6 Points into Calm Under Fire.
5 Points into A Need to Survive.

It is at this point that your rate of fire begins to go through the roof. To counterbalance this, you should be socketing increased ammo runes into your armour. This is imperative if you dont want to have to reload everytime you kill a goblin. Increased Reload Speed runes will also be useful.

The runes to prioritize are as follows, in order of importance (most essential first): Increased Ammo, Slug Rate of Fire, Slug Damage, Rifle Damage, Reload Speed, Total Armour, Health, Battle Cry Damage, Rifle Range, Dexterity.

Do not worry yourself unduly with Rifle range or Dexterity, both of these are pretty much optional. The damage gain from dexterity is negligable when compared to a free slot for something else, and getting a little closer to the enemy is not a worry as the rifle still has adequate range.

Levels 31-40. Skill Points Available: 20.

8 Points into Calm Under Fire.
6 Points into A Need to Survive.
6 Points into Daring Shot.
Max Quick to Anger.

These levels are just increasing what you already have: reload speed and rate of fire. The addition of ricochet to your shots is also a nice offensive bonus, as each shot will do substantial damage while your battle cry is active. Quick to Anger is also useful, as Commandos often find it dificult to gain combo level while retaining the freedom of target strafing. Here I will mention again a useful charm to aquire as soon as possible: Force of 200 Hammers. This charm acts like a less effective version of the smoothbore battle cry - knocking down opponents so that your increased rate of fire can juggle them and gain combo level. This combined with Quick to Anger should help to keep combo level plentiful for your ruiners and battle cry.

Levels 41-50. Skill Points Available: 10.

Max Calm Under Fire.
Max A Need to Survive.

Now the remaining 4 points arent vital to the spec and can be placed at the readers discretion. Personally Id say one point into Pinning Shot and maybe 1 into Fenrir, just in case of dire emergencies. However, you may choose to max out Daring shot instead, I leave these points for you to bend to your will.

Credit goes to Dstrukt for the excellent guide layout.

If there are any questions regarding this build, I will be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. Please enquire over PM, or a post on this thread. All feedback is also welcome. Oh, and please no flaming for the "rippage of Dstrukts guide layout you newb" please. Thank you.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 06-24-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the layout, added some extra user friendliness.
FlipSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

My personal build looks like this:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...mandobuild.png

I placed 1 point in Pinning Shot, for a small defensive layer to the build. (I have +4 accross all skills). I also put a point into Fenrir, for the simple fact the point was spare and I thought I may aswell have it. The remaining two points went into Daring Shot, though I was tempted by a larger ruiner radius.

If you have a problem with this build, or theres anything you'd like to know about it that hasnt been covered in this thread, send me a message and Ill see what I can do to help you.

First of all, some general tips on how to make the most of you character.

These are general tips tailored around the average commando. They are largely based on my own experiences as a mando and I realise that playstyle differs for each and every individual player. These tips were not designed to be followed to the letter, and can be altered to your playstyle.

1. Remember to keep your right analog stick pointing towards the enemies at all times, slowly rolling it from side to side. This ensures that your character does not linger on any one target, meaning that as soon as bullets are on thier way to the target, your character is already unloading on the next guy. This is the foundation of Commando's everywhere, and is essential that some form of this technique is used.

2. The main thing people have a problem with on a Ballistic class is dark polarities. When faced with a group of these, remember your fierce attack. You can cut swathes through the enemy before they ever reach you. Another option is ruiners when they get too close, and when all else fails you can even juggle them up in the air and then roll backwards out of the blast radius.

3. Ballistic immune trolls can also be a serious health risk. I have founbd the best way to deal with these is to use an aerial finisher on them to destroy thier armour, and then you can either mount them for the kill, or let off a ruiner to destroy their hammer / gun arm and then concentrate on smaller foes.

4. Remember your battle cry. Whether your character is maxed out in red runed aesir gear or just rolling round in purples, this battle cry will be your most reliable ally. Double damage from your gun means that almost any enemy will pose no more of a threat to you than a gnat poses to an angry rhino.

5. If your in a really tight squeeze and are out of combo level, you can always roll away and slide juggle the enemy up in the air to put some distance between you and it. Distance is the key with a commando, pure and simple.

6. Don't forget your spider. Since it uses no combo to activate it should be used as often as possible to increase your firepower. The plasma damage it hurls out deals alot of splash damage, making it a gtreat weapon for ripping through crowds. Also useful to remember is the fact that this splash damage can destroy enemy projectiles as they are fired. For example, if your spider is firing upon a missile goblin, and the goblin fires his missiles, the missiles will be caught in the splash damage of the plasma and destroyed before they get anywhere. The same applies for GRNDL-1s flying grinders.

7. This build is very much open to alteration, and user adaptation is very much encouraged. If anyone has any changes they believe would improve the build, then please contact me and we can see what happening. Oh, and please no stupid things like "go cybernetic" or "roll a zerker". Because I will give you the ol' one two. POW! To the moon!

A few suggestions on how to set up your gear.

Again, this is completely open to adaptation, and if anyone thinks they can improve this for everyone then please feel free to message me, feed back is welcome.

1. First thing is which charms are best to use. These are obviously going to be Level 3, and may take time for some players to aqquire. The charms I would suggest are a Force of 200 Hammers charm, for knocking down your opponents. This creates a chance for a juggle because of your increased rate of fire with slug weapons. This happens because there is a brief moment in the knock down animation where the enemy is in the air, meaning that any shot that hits him during this moment will initiate a juggle. Although this is not as frequesnt with the charm than with the battle cry Smoothbore, it is still frequent enough to supply you with extra combo meter.
The second charm slot I leave up to you to fill as you see fit - Since you already have ricochet from the human tree a Metalstorm Impeller will do little to aid you, so I would suggest a Necrotization on weapon (or weapon and armour if you can get one) or a graviton charm. Those are just suggestions, it really is open to adaptation depending on your playstyle.

2. I have already mentioned rune priorities, but here is another good place to put them. Runes are in this order of importance for this build:

Increased Ammo, Slug Rate of Fire, Slug Damage, Rifle Damage, Reload Speed, Total Armour, Health, Battle Cry Damage, Rifle Range, Dexterity.

As mentioned in the guide, Dexterity adds little damage, so it is not worth wasting a slot on it that could be used for osmething else. It is really something that is only there to fill an extra slot if you have one left over after capping the others.

3. The altruist gear is easy to obtain and is actually surprisingly powerful. Although it lacks armour rating of level 50 pieces, the extra rune slots can really make a big difference to your characters damage output. I would advise investing in these pieces early on if you do not have Aesir gear to hand. Altruist armour can be obtained within cyberspace - inside the obelisks after you burn away Nidhogg.

4. When firing your ballistic weapon, hold both the triggers down. This causes your cxharacter to automatically reload whenever your ammo capacity becomes insufficient to fire a grenade. This is by far the best way to paly a commando, because Baldur reloads fast anyway removing the delay on this means you can almost have an infinite stream of ammunition flying at the enemy constantly.

In response to the request for stats, here are my commandos:

Health: 2,285
Total Armour: 1933
Blunt Resistance: -15%
Slash Resistance: -15%
Pierce Resistance: -15%
Ballistic Resistance: 0%

Base Melee Damage: 643
Melee Weapon Damage: 1916
Final Melee Damage: 1536

Base Ranged Damage: 91
Ballistic Weapon Damage: 651
Final Ballistic Damage: 1038
Ballistic Range: 3165

Damage Increase: 242%
Rate of Fire Increase: 100% - These are broken down in a later post.
Reload Speed Increase: 75%

My commando also has a 611:1 K/D ratio at 24 hours play. With his battle cry activated, he can break out over 2000 damage per bullet. Couple this with insane rate of fire and your looking at about 20,000 dps. Bosses die in under a minute, most under 30 seconds. I'll post actual kill times when I have actually timed them. Also, he has absolutely no downtime for reloads, so he is capable of an unending stream of subsonic immolation.

Boss Kill Times:

GRNDL-1 = 24 seconds
Hod = 26 seconds (excluding platforms)
Everlasting Hate = 14 seconds
Garm = 16 seconds (never fires a single thorn)
Hel =
- Room 1 - 1-2 seconds
- Room 2 - 1-2 seconds
- Room 3 - 12 seconds

Anybody wishes to arrange a demonstration, PM me on these forums. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 01-09-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
Hellbringer26

zIDark LegendIz's Gamercard
Really good job.

I was just looking to change my skills the other day. Right now I run the left tree. The only real advantage with the left tree is Smoothbore, but I hated not being able to use the rifle damage increase and the battle cry. Your layout fully takes advantage of the skill points. I will have to change my tree.
Hellbringer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

No worries, let me know how it works out for you and if I can at all improve it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Bump. Yes, I did it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
blendfly

A Fancy Gent's Gamercard
Awesome job
Sounds like another top notch build. Should be made into a sticky because its very detailed and helpful. Keep up the good work.
blendfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Thanks blend. I do try.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
Omega Supreme

Predaking GT's Gamercard
What are the pro's and cons from this over Dstrukt's Cybernetic Slug Commando Build?

Can anyone post the stats like Dstrukt did with his build?

Quote:
My Commando Stats

Hit Points: 2361/2361 (1523+55%)
Total Armor: 1759 (1011+74%)

Base Melee Damage : 429
Melee Weapon Damage: 2988 (2299+30%)
Final Melee Damage : 2051 (3417-40%)

Base Ranged Damage: 106 (71+50%)
Ballistic Weapon Damage: 567 (355+60%)
Final Ballistic Damage: 942 (673+40%)
Ballistic Range: 6068 (3161+92%)

Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

I would do, but my mando isnt geared up enough as yet, soon as I can, I will. Accidentaly deleted my old character so Ive had to remake him.

As for pro's and con's, these are both built for different things. The main reason for my posting this was many people were asking about Dtrukt's build as a Human character, and in my experience this is a more effective option than a Human left path.

Pro's:

Massive firepower and rate of fire,
Bosses die within a minute, including Hod,
Extremely fast Spider kills (when farming 3-4),
Faster movement speed than with a cannon,
Dark Polarities die easily,
You really have to try quite hard to make this character die.

Con's:

Less defense than Dstrukt's build, as there's less knockback,
More frequent reloading due to the rifle's smaller clip,
A little less combo meter than a left path, but still sufficient.

Here are the bonuses applied to your damage, reload speed, and fire rate on a maxxed out character:

Damage:

- 30% Slug Damage (Runes)
- 30% Rifle Damage (Runes)
- 42% Rifle Damage (Skills, Gift of Gungnir)
- 140% Ballistic Damage (Skills, Cut to the Bone - battle cry)

Total: 242% Damage bonus.

Rate of Fire:

- 30% Slug Fire Rate (Runes)
- 42% Slug Fire Rate (Skills, Rain of Iron)
- 28% Ballistic Rate of Fire (Skills, A Need to Survive)

Total: 100% Rate of Fire bonus.

Reload Speed:

- 40% Reload Speed (Runes)
- 35% Reload Speed (Skills, Calm Under Fire)

Total: 75% Increased Reload Speed.

If I find anymore, I'll post them here. As I said, this is an alternative build for Human players, not designed to override Dstrukt's build and coerce them into going human instead of cybernetic. Both of these are viable specs, it's the players choice which one to use.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-25-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

In response to the request for stats, here are my commando's.

Health: 2,284
Total Armour: 1933

Base Melee Damage: 643
Melee Weapon Damage: 1916
Final Melee Damage: 1536

Base Ranged Damage: 91
Ballistic Weapon Damage: 651
Final Ballistic Damage: 1038
Ballistic Range: 3165
Rate of Fire Bonus: 100% faster.

My commando also has a 611:1 K/D ratio at 24 hours play. With his battle cry activated, he can break out well over 2000 damage per bullet. Couple this with insane rate of fire and your looking at >20,000 dps. Bosses die in under a minute, most under 30 seconds. I'll post actual kill times when I have actually timed them. Also, he has negligable down time between firing, as he reloads in 0.1 seconds.
Anybody wishes to arrange a demonstration, PM me on these forums. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I added this into the original posts.

Something else I am often asked is what rifle to go for when using this build. Many people get stuck on deciding whether to use the XABR-I337 Experiemental Battle Rifle or Tyr's Carbine of Old. Here are the stats:

LVL50 XABR-1337 Experimental Battle Rifle

Damage: 350 (313+12%)
Align: Human
Class: None
Value: 262000
State: 3000/3000

Increased Ammo +10%
Improved Reload Speed +10%
Slug Fire Rate +10%

Empty Rune Slot

LVL50 Tyr's Carbine of Old

Damage: 350 (313+12%)
Align: Human
Class: None
Value: 255000
State: 3000/3000

Spider Effect Radius +20%
Slug Fire Rate +10%
Metalstorm +6%
Pierce +39%

To me, the choice is clear. In my eyes Tyr's Carbine of Old is far better, and this is for a few reasons. First of all, lets eliminate all the things we odnt need to look at. Both of these are human, so Alignment can be disregarded. As can Class for the same reason. We aren't selling it, so Value is redundant, so is State because it's easily repaired.
That leaves us with Damage and the Effects.
The damage in this case is the same, but I left it in til the end because it is a fundamental thing to look at when deciding between other weapons. However, with these two weapons it can now be disregarded.
Ok, now to look at the effects on these two rifles. We will start with the XABR-I337. Assuming we are using a character that has optimum gear, all three of the preset runes (Increased Ammo, Improved Reload Speed and Slug Fire Rate) have all been maxxed out in our armour and melee weapon rune slots. The last slot in this rifle is a free slot, so let's look at the possibilities of what we could put in there. Our gear has already capped Slug Fire Rate, Slug Damage, Rifle Damage, Health, Total Armour, Dexterity, Loot Drop, Rifle Range and Mastery: All Skills. This leaves useful rune options very limited. The main thing you could puti n this slot is Spider Damage or Cooldown, but if Im honest I rarely ever use my spider, and Tyr's Carbines runes far outweigh XABR's.

Now, lets look at Tyr's Carbine. The preset runes in this can look quite daunting at first to a less experienced player, and this can cause them to choose the XABR instead thinking it is more useful. However, the effects given by Tyr's Carbine are actually farv more useful to a Human Slug user.
The first one is obvious, Spider Effect Radius. A useful rune, while not particularly essential. Slug Fire Rate, a little useless with your gear maxxed, but we can forgive it. Also less geared users will benefit greatly from this bonus. Where this rifle really pulls out into its own is with Metalstorm and Pierce. Metalstorm means that your shots have a chance to ricochet, and therefore hit additional enemies. With this much damage, one hit on a weaker enemy will probably kill it.
Pierce does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It allows your shots to pass through enemies and either hit additional enemies (again killing weaker ones outright) or hit a wall and ricochet. This is a deadly combination of runes, and which the chance on Metalstorm is relatively small when added to the bonus given by Daring Shot (Human Skill Tree) it is a respectable addition to your build.
The main thing that Human character miss out on over a Cybernetic is pierce. With Tyr's Carbine of Old his problem is overcome, providing your character with a massive advantage.

In short, choose Tyr's Carbine of Old.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 08-12-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Just finished my human commando, so here are his stats.

Base Range Damage 91 (61+50%)

Ballistic Weapons Damage 651 (313+108%)

Final Ballistic Damage 1038 (742+40%)

Ballistic Range 3429 (2638+30%)

Rate of fire is unbelievable which is great for spider farming (39-50 in 30mins; proven) but when your killing small fries you have to constantly change target otherwise you waste ammo, it helps to also have ricochet as I usually when I kill 4, 6 die on their own .
Even when spider farming I can walk away when the spider has half of its health left and it will die, it's just ridiculous.

Then again 3 grenades at once can clear a large group of small fries.

If anyone wants my equipement I will gladly duplicate, but only after I get my memory card, which is in like 5-7 days.

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by x2keithm3x; 05-17-2009 at 04:16 PM.
x2keithm3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #12
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Yeah, but wasting ammo isnt really an issue for me as I have near instant reload. 75% bonus is epic. Also, as long as you hold the RS towards the enemy Baldur changes target anyways.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Commandos are by far the most efficient at dealing damage and lots of it despite any of the class' minor drawbacks. A very detailed and solid guide. Great job!

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Well when they're set up properly those drawbacks dont really exist. Damage is insane.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSwitch View Post
Well when they're set up properly those drawbacks dont really exist. Damage is insane.
Commando is bit annoying in Ice Forest, but besides that you're prabably right.

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"- John F. Kennedy
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #16
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, but wasting ammo isnt really an issue for me as I have near instant reload. 75% bonus is epic. Also, as long as you hold the RS towards the enemy Baldur changes target anyways.
For me he changes after I have shot a few into a dead corpse so I have to do it manually, is that just me!?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #17
BarbaricGoose

Richard Bastion's Gamercard

I honestly wish I could use slug sometimes, but literally every time I do, all the enemies I fight seem to be slug resistant.

Maybe my game is bugged or something. It's rather ridiculous.

BarbaricGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

On my commando, I do hav to manually reload but its not really an issue if I use the triggers.

EDIT: See the tips post, tip no. 4 for perfect reloading strategy.

As for polarities, on this build I just pop the battle cry an they die in seconds.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-27-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
BarbaricGoose

Problem is, they're not polarities, they're regular enemies. If I switch to plasma, or laser, they go down in seconds.

I honestly don't know what it is.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #20
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Hmm. Odd, I butcher enemies like there no tomorrow, you fully decked out?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #21
BarbaricGoose

My gear is average.

Fact is, while using the slug rifle that's part of the elite human commando set, it takes me about a minute of non-stop firing to down an enemy. Changing only the weapon, we'll say to that Plasma weapon you gave me, I kill all of the enemies in about 20 seconds.

Both weapons are about the same in damage, but, I believe the plasma weapon is weaker by about 10 or so.

Edit; to make this a little more clear, the testing was done in section 3-4, where it matters, as I use my commando for my farming. Right as I spawn, I unload on them and get the above results.

Like I said, I figure my game must be bugged or something. Sucks.

Last edited by BarbaricGoose; 05-20-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #22
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

It would probably clear up if you were to max out your commando for slug damage, as it's probably just the natural resistances tp slug that everyone feels. Im pretty sure that it will clear up once your mando is beefed out.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #23
BarbaricGoose

Seems like kind of a waste, though, if you've gotta be in the whole Aesir + red runes gear to get benefits of slug.. I used slug while I was leveling, and for awhile while I was 50. I encountered the occasional non-polarity slug-resistant enemy, but it wasn't constant. That seems to have changed..

Is this only happening to me? That's really what I'm curious about.

Has anyone tried to use slug with the full 7-piece elite set, as opposed to full Aesir armor with all red runes?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

I'll go run through helheim a few times tomorrow in the set to check it out. It might just be that your damage is lacking in comparison to the enemies your gfighting or something like that, or it could be that this is what the dev's did to try and even out the damage between ammo types. Not sure, but I'll check it anyways. We'll get it sorted Goose.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #25
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Ok, I was playing through Hall of Heroes this afternoon and I was messing around with reloading strategies, and I have made a discovery that pretty much perfects the reloading issue for slugmandos. Since the rate of fire is so high and ammo capacity is relatively low, quick reloads are a necessity.

Now in the past, I have used the Left Trigger to reload when my ammo gauge turns red - it was a good tactic as clicking the stick can be a pain when it's fully tilted and after a while it grates your nerves. So I was experimenting and playing around with the trigger, when I discovered that if you hold down the Left trigger while continuously firing your weapon, as soon as your ammo gauge lacks the capacity to fire a grenade your character reloads. This removes the need for any actual effort on your part, as you can have your commando constantly fire a steady stream of ammo.

Just remember to keep your Right Stick tilted at the enemies or your mando will lose his target and fire in front of him after every reload, as reloading cancels targetting.

I will also add this to my original posts.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 01-09-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #26
Hero-of-Time

Hero of Time UK's Gamercard
I've been a lurker on these boards for well over a year now and thought it was about time I signed up to thank FlipSwitch for this guide. With it I managed to finish all the levels without dying and make a great character.

I would have just sent you a message on Live but I read your other post in regards to people hassling you with Live PMs so I thought I better do it this way

Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #27
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

No worries, at least someone has some consideration for others. Glad the build worked out for you, and thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #28
Kaelum

Kaelum's Gamercard
Id like to let you guys know...there is a cap on total armor (this was tested by the people on the forums of toohuman.net), that cap is 1528, with altruist and 2 aesir pieces you can get this with +60% total armor you then have an extra slot or 2 for more runes. Nothing ever hits me anyways to really have use for armor anyways. I personally use my Humando all the time (75+ hours of play) and depending on the enemy I do up to 3000 damage. I just went through world serpent, killing the boss in maybe 10 seconds flat, i havnt actually timed it. If anyone wants my armor stats, or a viewing of me, send me a PM and ill let you know when im on next.
Kaelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #29
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

There are a lot of factors on what people choose to wear. One of the large ones is aesthetics. Aesir armour is sexy, simple as. Altruist is ugly. With a commando as powerful as this, smaller details can begin to take a backseat.

I don't really have a use for another 2 rune slots - maybe a spider based one such as cooldown or damage. With how much I use my spider, thats an almost negligible benefit.

By the way, do you have a link for the thread concerning the armour cap?
Old 08-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #30
v00d00master

Send a message via AIM to v00d00master Send a message via Yahoo to v00d00master

v00d00master's Gamercard
Quote:
By the way, do you have a link for the thread concerning the armour cap?
http://siliconknights.net/forums/sho...ight=armor+cap