PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The History Channel Civil War: Secret Missions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
oldaddyjoker

Skills and The Minuteman Medal

Ok, so this is my first thread started and I hope it's responded to well. On to the meat.....

1. How many skill points do you get total? I've beaten the game on easy and only got 4 points, but I've seen threads referring to the skills being "maxed out".

2. When running thru the time trials what skills should I be using? (i.e. max ammo or health and regen)

Anybody who has had the game, or is working on it, that can throw out some ideas or pointers would be great. Thanks.
oldaddyjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
RK1 BulletBait

RK1 Facepalm's Gamercard
I know this is a bit late, sorry.
So far I have only four total skill points and I've gone through all missions on both Easy and Hard, and I never got any extra points on the second playthrough.
When going for time records, I recommend having one point on Damage, one on Regeneration, none on Ammo, and two on Health. You could use two for Damage or Health, but I used the way I described for my Hard playthrough. Ammo doesn't matter really, you will find a lot of it on the ground from fallen foes or ammo packs, and Regeneration is more important on Hard than on Easy so if you want I guess you can just focus on Damage and Health alone split 50/50 with each being at level 2.

Again, sorry this is late, I just got the game myself and I hope my input can help others who get this game (by renting/GameFly of course).
RK1 BulletBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
BTDeluge

BTDeluge's Gamercard
I played thru on easy followed by hard and still only had 4 total skill points. I unlocked 4 more as soon as I completed the overachiever achievement which I did immediately following the play thrus.
BTDeluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
buck wyyld

buck wyyld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Odd, for my Overachiever run-through, I didn't get any skills. At times during the campaign on Easy, it would seem to glitch and not reward me a skill point when it said it was going to do so. Weird. I don't think you need to worry about much more than health and damage, anyway.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck wyyld View Post
Odd, for my Overachiever run-through, I didn't get any skills. At times during the campaign on Easy, it would seem to glitch and not reward me a skill point when it said it was going to do so. Weird. I don't think you need to worry about much more than health and damage, anyway.
Hmm. might have been what happened to me. Oh well. I have just 2 missions to go. I guess I dont need the extra points.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
bobbowski

bobbowski's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I received the extra four points after I completed the game on hard. I already had the overachiever achievement. From the above post and my experience it seems like once those two things happen, overachiever and completing the game on hard, you will receive the extra 4 points.
bobbowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
swaveman

Swaveman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK1 BulletBait View Post
I know this is a bit late, sorry.
So far I have only four total skill points and I've gone through all missions on both Easy and Hard, and I never got any extra points on the second playthrough.
When going for time records, I recommend having one point on Damage, one on Regeneration, none on Ammo, and two on Health. You could use two for Damage or Health, but I used the way I described for my Hard playthrough. Ammo doesn't matter really, you will find a lot of it on the ground from fallen foes or ammo packs, and Regeneration is more important on Hard than on Easy so if you want I guess you can just focus on Damage and Health alone split 50/50 with each being at level 2.

Again, sorry this is late, I just got the game myself and I hope my input can help others who get this game (by renting/GameFly of course).
I agree. This is exactly how I ran through Hard. Made life a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamelessSoul View Post
So you made a thread to complain about the threads that people make and complain about stuff? Hrrrrmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
you make a game about the civil war and you spell Lincoln's name wrong?
swaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
FallThrone

yah thats weird. i only got 4 points and ive done everything except the timed runs. i just have damage and health at level 2 and thats all i have. must be glitchy.
FallThrone is offline   Reply With Quote