PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > UFC 2009 Undisputed
Subscribe    Donate
UFC 2009 Undisputed
Quick links
Latest news
Jul 30, 2009 UFC Patch Hits Consoles
Jun 11, 2009 THQ Knocking Out UFC 2009 Cheaters
May 24, 2009 x360a Review: UFC 2009 Undisputed
May 22, 2009 UFC Launch Trailer & Screens
Apr 23, 2009 Red Faction & UFC Demo Now Available

Old 04-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
scarfaces80

Submitting terrible

ive been playing for a few hours and i almost submit but no matter what he gets out of it.I wait till he is drained and in red but still he gets out of submissions.The worst is that its on beginner they really need to fix this its too hard for beginner on submitting its a joke

Anyone else agree?

Last edited by scarfaces80; 04-24-2009 at 06:27 PM.
scarfaces80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
L Demonic I

Send a message via AIM to L Demonic I

Gamertag: L Demonic I
chuck liddel is really good at submissions
L Demonic I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
Thelorn

Gamertag: Thelorn
IMO I think submissions are fine how they are. The stamina bar doesn't need to be all the way down he just needs to be in a gassed state. I've been able to pull off first round submissions once in a while. I've never had a problem I use the right stick and spin it with the submission. Do Not stop spinning the stick until the fight is over, if you do stop he's just gonna get out, and if you fuck up or half ass the spins he will get out. I bet when the full game comes out and we get online people are going to say submissions are to easy against another player. Since he does not need to be in a gassed state and it's a matter of who has the faster/smoother rotation. I can see a lot of people complaining they keep getting submitted online.
Thelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
scarfaces80

when you say gassed is that when the screen goes black and white? when you knock them down?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Thelorn

Nah that's when their rocked and you can follow up with a few connected punches to get the TKO. If you put on the stamina bars you will notice every time someone attacks,grapples,reverses a bar inside that bar will go down. That is the gas bar. It's inside the regular bar if that makes sense

"I don't bring my family with me, back in the day, a ninja didn’t have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.”

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Contrah

Send a message via Yahoo to Contrah

Gamertag: Arlene PHILLIPS

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Demonic I View Post
chuck liddel is really good at submissions
Shogun is still pretty good.
Contrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
RYRYTHEBEAST

The Submitting is not terrible I thought that at first as well though, it is very important that you watch and complete all of the more advanced tutorials. They Will Greatly Help you out when it comes to Submitting and breaking submissions and once you watch a few of these you pretty much can't lose on Beginner unless you get Flash KO'd. After you watch these tutorials you will probably be able to move up in difficulty, like right now I've been regularly fightin on Advanced to try and betetr my ground game. GOOD LUCK and I HOPE THIS HELPED
RYRYTHEBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
scarfaces80

I have actually got used to it now but bloody hell its tough after a while rotating that bloody stick.If anyone has problems in submissions just go to submissions page and a guy gave me a great hint which worked great to get your first submission.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:28 AM   #9
Midnight Malice

Gamertag: Midnight Malice

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
both the fighters in the demo are better strikers, and have more ground defense, Shogun is pretty good at submitting, but liddel is good at submit D, so you can't judge the submissions based off of 2 fighters. BTW, even if it is hard, they had to make it somewhat balanced or online fights would always end as soon as one person got advantage control, and that would be no fun at all.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:58 AM   #10
Jordbrett

Gamertag: jordbrett84

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Submissions are really hard against the computer. However I have tapped out friends inside the 1st rd quite a few times.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
Jethrow

Gamertag: Jethrow Mulisha

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm having problems trying to transistion behind the person to attempt a rearnaked choke, but i cant. Are you only able to get to this postion when your opponent attempts a shooting takedown and drops to his knees??
Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #12
Thelorn

Yeah you can take someones back from the sprawl position. Also to do a rear naked choke you don't have to have their back first, you can pull it off when you have their back but are still at their side. Hit submission from there and you will auto fully take back and rear naked choke. If you let go of the choke it will give you his back with the hooks in.

"I don't bring my family with me, back in the day, a ninja didn’t have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.”

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz