PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #121
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Radar View Post
Actually in Chapter 1.1 there aren't Spawning Machete, I also notice that they did not count for the Machete reflexes. Use 5.1 for Jungle Mutants like the Hunters or Leviathans.
The first part is right, there is no spawning machete enemies in 1.1, but the second part is wrong. I used 1.1 to get my machete reflexes to lvl 3. It took a bit longer here than if you play a later chapter, but it does work.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #122
Ikonix

Ikonix's Gamercard
WoW achievement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_eF3dGl6AU
Ikonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #123
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
I'm so happy I read this after going through the game once because I would lost it if all stats and kills have restarted by starting hard... Got 41 achievements just playing through Only secret I missed was that where you have to destroy stuff while fightin fatman Bob. Don't know why but I found the hatch, cake and sword WoW thing without any trouble and found 89/95 dog tags. Anyone know if there is going to be video for those tags??? and also anyone has the same thing with reflexes as I do. All other than machetman just jump levels and they are almost max but my machetman is still one and a half

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #124
reddevil63

Mumbo Jumbo UK's Gamercard
Quick question on 'Threading the needle' achievement.

According to guide the 'O' shaped piece comes away after taking out both of the engines on the Sentinal. This piece came at me after taking out the first engine.

Is it random?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #125
realitysucks102

Syst3m Deadlock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil63 View Post

According to guide the 'O' shaped piece comes away after taking out both of the engines on the Sentinal. This piece came at me after taking out the first engine.

Is it random?
It flew towards me after taking out the first engine as well.

realitysucks102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #126
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil63 View Post

Is it random?
You're totally right, replayed it myself to make a vid of the achievement and it comes after taking out the first engine. Was gonna amend that in the guide.

Update on the videos, I have put on of my video editors at work to make some pro edits of my streamed footage, so vids will take a bit longer (either Friday of next Tuesday), but they will be 100 times better.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #127
SubzeroDarkJedi

SubzeroDarkJedi's Gamercard
Regarding the "Hot Potato" achievement, there is another way that it can be done without having to reload a level and can do it while going through your 1st playthrough.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Hope this helps a few people out

SubzeroDarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #128
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Thanks for the info . jwmc1971 already noted that in another thread, didn't get round to updating it in the guide yet.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #129
Grantmargera360

GrantMargera360's Gamercard
Any chance you can add the best locations, levels and checkpoints for building each combat reflex?

Would be much appreciated.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #130
Spinner

Carpo31's Gamercard
cheers for this mate it has been super helpful
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #131
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Added grinding locations for three reflexes, gonna do the rest tonight. Also, I typed some kick ass descriptions for the last two boss fights yesterday, but then my internet quit on me, so have to do that again last night.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #132
Mandalorian63

Mandalorian63's Gamercard
A little tip for the clean up on all aisles on, instead of hitting all the items yourself or simply dodging Dukes attacks to have him hit them, about halfway through the fight he will start running at you and then do a jumping tackle after which his is vulnerable to a lunge or grab where you jump on his shoulders and stab him while he runs around, when you're doing this it's much easier just to direct him into things.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #133
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
question on the quick kills, everytime I try to do this the enemy kicks me or stops it, is there an easy way to get the three in a row and 20 total?
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:45 AM   #134
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
game would be more replayable if i had weapon x arena
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 AM   #135
Celestial Being

C3L3STIAL B3ING's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest08 View Post
question on the quick kills, everytime I try to do this the enemy kicks me or stops it, is there an easy way to get the three in a row and 20 total?
on the machete people you can quick kill right away. they dont have to be weakened. enemies tougher than that usually have to be weakened first. if you want you could just replay the first chapter part 1 and since they are so weak they'll be easy to beat. make sure u get to a checkpoint before u decide to restart.

Celestial Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #136
BigTymer2047

Send a message via AIM to BigTymer2047

Bigtymer2047's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Thank you, Madcat NL, for this guide. I would have never got the aerial master ach without your tip! Thanks for the heads up!
BigTymer2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #137
BigTymer2047

Send a message via AIM to BigTymer2047

Bigtymer2047's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest08 View Post
You have to wait after you pick them up, for the claws to flash, then press Y again, so its B, Y, (wait for claws to flash), then Y again. Its all about timing just like the Boomerang ach. Hope this helps!
BigTymer2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #138
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Like it says in the achievement guide, wait for Wolverine's hand to glow and a sound to play, before pressing Y for the second time. Once you know how to do it, it's easy to get three in a row.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #139
LitaOsiris

LitaOsiris's Gamercard
Thanks MadcatNL! Fantastic guide

I just have some quick questions about the Clean up on all Aisles achievement.

-Are the trolleys considered as things to be destroyed? If so, at what point are they debris as nothing seemed to be happening when Blob was trying to pound me.
-There's a middle section behind the four walls with a line of counters. I tried to get Blob to run into these as well as steering him into them but they did not smash. Is this right?

Other than the above I cleared out everything else. So I'm not sure what else to do to get this achievement.
LitaOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #140
bambamfn
Banned User

Notoriious BAM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitaOsiris View Post
Thanks MadcatNL! Fantastic guide

I just have some quick questions about the Clean up on all Aisles achievement.

-Are the trolleys considered as things to be destroyed? If so, at what point are they debris as nothing seemed to be happening when Blob was trying to pound me.
-There's a middle section behind the four walls with a line of counters. I tried to get Blob to run into these as well as steering him into them but they did not smash. Is this right?

Other than the above I cleared out everything else. So I'm not sure what else to do to get this achievement.
When using the feral senses, whatever is yellow needs to be destroyed.

As for getting the blob to run into everything... you can destroy many of the items in the store with Wolverine alone. It might take a while, but I found it easier in a way.
bambamfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #141
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

The trolleys aren't orange, but need to be destroyed. Let Dukes pound on them, or close by. A video will be following later for that and more achievements, as the edits are done now . Just gotta upload em to Youtube and add them in the guide
Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #142
Mega Scottie

Mega Scottie's Gamercard
Great guide, came in really useful. Thanks.

Mega Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #143
HALO3 SnIpEr

HM Tactiikz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thx for the help
HALO3 SnIpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #144
NeoRizer
Banned User

NeoRizer's Gamercard
I know your guide is complete and most people have 1000 but for those of you just starting I have WAAAAAY easier methods for some of the following achievements. When I say that I mean it. Great guide but I think you like doing things the hard way.

Hot Potato 20
Light 20 enemies on fire

Okay I actually discovered a formula for this one in the very first level. I'll actually give you a tally of how many enemies you can potentially light on fire.

After you push the Jeep down the hill and crash through the gate a barrel blows up and lights two guys on fire automatically. (2)

In this same area you'll notice 4 machete guys and about 5 or 6 gunners. Lunge at all the gunners and take them out first, this is important. Take out only TWO of the machete guys and it will spawn a Machete Master. Guess what? Get hit by the Machete Masters fire attack and lunge at the other two guys to set them ablaze. (2)

Now in the next portion you will be inside. There will be exactly 4 gunners on some stairs to the right and 4 machete enemies. This time do the opposite, Kill ALL FOUR machete enemies to spawn a Machete Master. Get hit by his fire attack and systematically take out each of the 4 gunners with lunge attacks. (4)

This is the final spot where you can light guys on fire. Progress the stage a bit more after the last part and you'll notice a wide open area where there are no enemies but guess what? A Machete Master spawns, instead of taking him out, take him for a walk a bit further through the stage. Get hit by his fire attack and lunge down the hole at the two gunners at the bottom. (2)

The Machete Master will follow you down the hole, this is the part where you have to grab the crank and bring it back across the tiny bridge. As you cross the bridge it spawns 3 machete guys. You know what time it is? That's THREE more guys right there. (3)

Grand total of enemies you can set on fire in the VERY FIRST LEVEL: 13!!

That means you only need to play the first portion of the first level twice to get this annoying achievement.

Aerial Master 15
Got 6 enemies airborne at once

Very first level again. As soon as you get to the part with the long ass bridge there's a convenient check point..hmmm wonder what that's for?

As you cross the bridge you'll get a cut scene of machete enemies trying to cut the bridge. All you need to do is back yourself up to where the break in the bridge is and block until all the machete guys surround you.

Jump in the air and hit Y then smash Y some more when you hit the ground in case you missed any one. It took me about 6 attempts to get it right and I was on level 18 when I did it...easy as hell. If you screw up, reload the check point, it takes 15 seconds to try again. The trick is to make sure that all of the machete guys are in an attacking animation because they have a tendency to jump in the air when you jump.

Slice n' Dice 15
Killed 6 enemies with a single attack

See above achievement. Bridge in the first level again, all you gotta do is hold RT and press and hold X once all the machete guys surround you. POP.

I have officially discovered where these achievements are supposed to be done

Thank me later.
NeoRizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #145
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Vids are added . Guide is (almost) done now. Will give it another read through later on and see if there are any things that can be done easier, or that can be clarified.

Aerial Master and Slice 'n Dice are achievable in a lot of places. Hot Potato is the easiest in the section as described in the achievement guide. Cause you can get it in the course of a normal playthrough.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #146
Lithiumnicus

Lithiumnicus's Gamercard
i was just going to let you know that the "Drop Dead" achievement is actually unlockable in the very first level. in the very beginning scene a lot of machete guys come at you and you can just keep throwing them off the side of the cliff. i got about 8 there but i wasnt really trying. later on in the first level though i had another opportunity to throw some more machete guys off and i did and i got the achievement.
Lithiumnicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #147
bamm243

Fluffman88's Gamercard
You can get alomst all of these achievements in one playthrough of the game.
bamm243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #148
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcatNL View Post
The trolleys aren't orange, but need to be destroyed. Let Dukes pound on them, or close by. A video will be following later for that and more achievements, as the edits are done now . Just gotta upload em to Youtube and add them in the guide
Just the answer I need. I'm positive I had everything destroyed... except those trolleys. Nothing seemed to happen when Blob was smashing nearby, but I'll try again.

Thanks.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #149
uhchevmnts101
Banned User

I have unlocked 45 achievements for this game. I only need to beat the game on hard, fully upgrade wolverines skills, find all dog tags ,raise the rest of my combat skills, and get the hot potato achievement. I seen someone mention they didnt know how to set enemies on fire. Just let the Machete Master that glows red to become enflamed then he will jump up and lunge at you and when he lands he will set you on fire and knock you back. Now while your on fire just lunge at any other enemies in the area to set them on fire excluding the Machete Master. Keep in mind you only have like 5 seconds before your fire burns out. when it does just repeat the sequence over.
uhchevmnts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #150
uhchevmnts101
Banned User

just use feral sense in the supermarket to reveal what needs destroyed. I did this achievement. It takes a few minutes.
uhchevmnts101 is offline   Reply With Quote