PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mirror's Edge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
hibbsy2005

hibbsy87's Gamercard
this games like marmite you either love it or hate it!!!!

personally i hate it, i had it for the ps3 and was only 26p from gamestation. easily understand why! maybe if it were 3rd person then i could of got into it but gave up after the training level
hibbsy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
LethalRabbid

LethalRabbid's Gamercard
This game is indeed a love or hate thingie.... personally I love it, for me it was a whole new genre of gaming... you should just try to get yourself into the game
LethalRabbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I was fairly indifferent to be honest. I neither loved it or hated it. I really liked some parts and really disliked others. So all in all, it's not at all like marmite.

But saying that, i'm not too fussed about marmite either.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
snazzyskier

Skie2live's Gamercard
This game is driving me insane!

"Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else...noticed"--Bob Loblaw

Be nice to people.
snazzyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
keaneplay

Keaneplay's Gamercard
I love this game, already finished it for the PS3 but couldn't resist playing it again on the 360. I don't know what it is but there's something about this game that draws me back time after time...
keaneplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf's Gamercard
I'm not very good at it or anything, but I love this game. Probably one of my favorite games ever. The "in the zone" feeling I get when I'm running fast, hitting every jump perfectly (which is rare, but still), rolling and coiling at just the right moment... it's simply mind-blowing the way it flows, I can't even explain it. This is one of those rare games I will pick up and play for years off and on. I only recently put it on my GT, but I've played and re-played multiple times before.

I have never tried marmite though, what's it like?
SmarmySmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
aB1s

aB1s's Gamercard
This game is by far one of the best games ever! The game is much better on PC because you can play with wasd and a mouse but it's still a great game on the xbox360. It's a bigger challenge with a controller what i really love!
Besides that it's a shame that part 2 isn't out yet and also bad that there aren't any new time trials DLC.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I agree with you. Marmite is AWFUL. Just ew. Mirrors edge on the other hand kicks serious ass
Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
MORON2

Mirror's Edge is pretty awesome. You just have to try and get into it aswell as keep practising. Once you're good at it the game is much better rather than frustrating It's worth getting into it as I regularly come back to it just to do some more speedruns to try and beat my score. Maybe in the next game I'll be first on the leaderboards?
MORON2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
I absolutely LOVED the new style of gameplay they incorporated into Mirror's Edge, it really put me "in the zone" as well and opened up a whole new dimension of "first person" in my opinion. However, on the downside I think the execution could have used significantly more polishing and think they probably got a little too eager when releasing the game. In the end I had to forfeit the game before I could finish it because one of the levels was utterly impossible for me to overcome, and my normally unending patience wore out. And I think that it simply is a matter of the controls being the obstacle. Some of the moves in the game are difficult to the point of pure aggravation, no matter how many times I attempted, and it eventually wore me out.

Despite this, I would definitely like to see more of this style in the future. It just needs more love and care and doable controls before being put on the shelves.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmarmySmurf View Post
The "in the zone" feeling I get when I'm running fast, hitting every jump perfectly (which is rare, but still), rolling and coiling at just the right moment... it's simply mind-blowing the way it flows, I can't even explain it.
This game is graceful....

... But it can be soooo frustrating!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
slimepunch

x slimepunch x's Gamercard
I love Marmite and I love Mirror's Edge.

Quote:
I have never tried marmite though, what's it like?
A salty, dark flavoured spread. BEAUTIFUL on toast with a cup of tea!
slimepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
lifetimegamer

ll Eldave0 ll's Gamercard
I love Marmite and Mirrors Edge, while my brother hates Marmite and Mirrors Edge so I would have to agree with your statement
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #14
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think this game has an interesting concept, I don't think it is my favorite game that I have played, but it certainly isn't bad.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #15
PeenutsDx

dxdavid212's Gamercard
On my first go, I quite enjoyed this. Special concepts decently executed. But when it comes against facing the time, the game really shows a lack of polish and quality. Physics are inconsistent and baffling: missing poles and ledges despite having jumped right in front of them is only the tip of the iceberg. Opponents are ridiculously unfair especially on speedruns: having to fail a mission not because of your parkouring ability but because of getting fired at and killed by someone extremely far away is frustrating to say the least.

If the developers were going to make a game based on time trials, speed and accuracy, they should have made the physics excellent otherwise the game feels disjointed and crippled. Not having a 'rewind' function is criminal as well. I'm not asking for a drastically lower difficulty: having one more opportunity to put you against unfair cops and awful set pieces is more than fair!

This is one of those games that are fun until you start taking them seriously. Then you get mad really quickly because this game shoots itself in the foot, much like Faith's inconsistent jumping ability.