PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Battlestations: Pacific
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Anglomaniac
 
Anglomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80

Anglomaniac's Gamercard
Hero of midway

Ok im not sure if this warrants a new thread but its something being spoken about quite a bit due to Eidos's sneaky Hero Of Midway achievement which requires you to of played the first version (Battlestations Midway).
Ok i fully understand the anger in the community due to this action being against the Microsoft policys, terms and conditions but none the less i think (and im assuming this will wok) there is an easy way around aquiring this achievement but again unfortuantly you will have to rent, purchase or borrow Battlestations Midway but be assured this first game will not show up in your achivement list because the simple fact is you will only need a SAVE FILE of this game on your PROFILES MEMORY and not actually have any unlocked achievements from this first version and what can we now do with 0 point games? yes thats right delete them!! so just to clarify you can have a 1000 on PACIFIC without even having MIDWAY on your achievement list, but yes the bummer is you have to get your hands on MIDWAY to atleast to aquire the save file.
And yes you may think how the hell does he know he hasnt even played or got it, all i can say is im relying on my instincts that this theory will work! if it does not then yeah i am a fool with egg on his face! LOL.
Im just finishing off Midway now so will still have it when Pacific comes and can try this theory on a dud profile and update this thread if the above mentioned works.
Anglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Toasty411
 
Toasty411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: My Computer
Posts: 453

Toasty411's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement doesnt really bother me. Everyone should play the first one it was awesome.
__________________


DO NOT SEND FRIEND REQUESTS WITHOUT A MESSAGE

Battlefield Bad Company Achievement Guide - Click here

Dead Space Achievement Guide - Click here

Call of Duty: World At War Achievement Guide Click Here

Dirt 2 Achievement Guide Click Here
Toasty411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Anglomaniac
 
Anglomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80

Anglomaniac's Gamercard
Yep i agree with you 100% there toasty, i loved it it was just a heads up for the cheevo junkies out there that might of otherwise overlooked this game because they might of thought they needed to play (i.e unlock achievements) in Midway to get a full 1000gs in Pacific, which hopefully as i mentioned above wont be the case.
Anglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
ILikePopCans
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 29

ILikePopCans's Gamercard
Wow, just saw this thread. But like I said in the other thread, I played the demo, not to bad. But that batttlestations midway achievement is really pissing me off. Why whould they? It makes no sense, and I really don't want to play this game cause of it. eidos interactive
__________________


ILikePopCans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Unibrow88
 
Unibrow88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 206
Send a message via MSN to Unibrow88

x Everto x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Not quite sure it might read your played game list and not the save games on your memory unit.
__________________
Unibrow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
zimzvm
 
zimzvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: poland
Posts: 636

zimzvm's Gamercard
either way it's one the biggest bullshit achievements ever... if not the biggest !
__________________
Let the vodka FLOW like... uhh... the rivers in Egypt! Yeah!!!

- Rob Flynn


zimzvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Tieg
 
Tieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 682

Tieg's Gamercard
I think there is a lot of crying when in all fairness...why not reward those who had and played the game Battlestations Midway. Personally I think this game is only for a few diehards that like this kind of stuff. A lot of peeps on my friends list wouldn't touch Battlestations Midway because they thought it sucked. I thought it was great. Great enough that I still have the game and started playing it recently just to brush up on my skills for this game. If your a diehard chievo whore...your going to rent or buy a used copy of Battlestations midway just to get the achievement. Gamestop will make a killing on that deal.

If you hate the idea SO MUCH that it makes you not want to play this game...get off this board...you probably don't belong here anyhow. Go find a game that will bring less hate to you like those viva pinata critters.

Otherwise, stop bitching, buy, rent, or borrow the game Battlestations Midway, and on 5/12 look me up via Friend request and lets get it on. I'm looking forward to getting this game almost as much as I'm looking forward to that very first achievement popping....HERO OF MIDWAY YEAH!!!!
__________________
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
zimzvm
 
zimzvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: poland
Posts: 636

zimzvm's Gamercard
why are you so mad, actually ?
everyone has its right to say it's wrong or not. stop pestering yourself, it's not worth you nerves ; ]

if it was adrresed to me, I have only one thing to say... I'll get BS:Pacific no matter whether I'm able to 1000gs it or not.
__________________
Let the vodka FLOW like... uhh... the rivers in Egypt! Yeah!!!

- Rob Flynn


zimzvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
Tieg
 
Tieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 682

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzvm View Post
why are you so mad, actually ?
everyone has its right to say it's wrong or not. stop pestering yourself, it's not worth you nerves ; ]

if it was adrresed to me, I have only one thing to say... I'll get BS:Pacific no matter whether I'm able to 1000gs it or not.
Amen brother....amen.
__________________
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
Anglomaniac
 
Anglomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80

Anglomaniac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieg View Post
I think there is a lot of crying when in all fairness...why not reward those who had and played the game Battlestations Midway. Personally I think this game is only for a few diehards that like this kind of stuff. A lot of peeps on my friends list wouldn't touch Battlestations Midway because they thought it sucked. I thought it was great. Great enough that I still have the game and started playing it recently just to brush up on my skills for this game. If your a diehard chievo whore...your going to rent or buy a used copy of Battlestations midway just to get the achievement. Gamestop will make a killing on that deal.

If you hate the idea SO MUCH that it makes you not want to play this game...get off this board...you probably don't belong here anyhow. Go find a game that will bring less hate to you like those viva pinata critters.

Otherwise, stop bitching, buy, rent, or borrow the game Battlestations Midway, and on 5/12 look me up via Friend request and lets get it on. I'm looking forward to getting this game almost as much as I'm looking forward to that very first achievement popping....HERO OF MIDWAY YEAH!!!!
Again like i said above with the other poster, i agree with you Tieg, as a strategy fan i loved BM alot (still have not finished it know due to a never ending pile of to do's but hopefully will do before i get BP ) and would advise anyone to give it a go as this game for me was a darkhorse and i personally would of got the new one even if i had not played the first, but aside the personal views i posted this thread to hopefully help anyone else to obtain an achievement in away that they might of thought otherwise not possible (again hopefully it is the case) .

P.S. Tieg if you fancy hooking up on BP hit me up.
__________________
[URL=http://halocharts.com/index.php?player=Anglomaniac][IM]G]http://halocharts.com/images/rsb/gen/Anglomaniac_1433.jpg[/IMG][/URL
Anglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
silencedlight
 
silencedlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 181

code 117's Gamercard
Achievments are meant to reward you for your work in the game, so i understand the uproar aswell, but it does seem okay to award people for returning to the next installment. It would have been better to give it a 0 gs. This way people who enjoyed the previous game returning are happy and we are able to get a completionist 1000 without having to buy an old title for 10 seconds.
Luckily, i like these games but usually on pc but i'm getting midway from a mate. Plus with pacific now out, midway will probably go for less than 10. Seeing as a few on my friends list play midway from time to time, its gotta be worth a tenner.
silencedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
Tieg
 
Tieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 682

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencedlight View Post
Achievments are meant to reward you for your work in the game, so i understand the uproar aswell, but it does seem okay to award people for returning to the next installment. It would have been better to give it a 0 gs. This way people who enjoyed the previous game returning are happy and we are able to get a completionist 1000 without having to buy an old title for 10 seconds.
Luckily, i like these games but usually on pc but i'm getting midway from a mate. Plus with pacific now out, midway will probably go for less than 10. Seeing as a few on my friends list play midway from time to time, its gotta be worth a tenner.
In all fairness I totally agree in regard that maybe it would have been fair to give the achievement a 0 gs. Of course me, if I had been in charge I would have been real mean and give it like 1 gs muhhaahhaahhaahhaa.
There is one 0 gs that does tick me off...thats the 0 gs you get for reaching Prestige 10 in COD: WAW.

Anglomaniac: Sure dude .... shoot me a FR and we'll hook up. Tag is Tieg. Hasn't changed in 9 years. I might be not very multiplayer oriented for the first week. I tend to like to play the single player campaign first just to get a feel for the game before I try to challenge human nature.
__________________
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
tripp
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
When does this unlock? I played this back in the day but got a new console. I put the Midway in and played a training mission, and a plane challenge creating a save with my gamertag. Going back into Pacific thou doesnt unlock the achievement

When and how does it appear?
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #14
Tieg
 
Tieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 682

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripp View Post
When does this unlock? I played this back in the day but got a new console. I put the Midway in and played a training mission, and a plane challenge creating a save with my gamertag. Going back into Pacific thou doesnt unlock the achievement

When and how does it appear?
It unlocked for me as soon as the title screen came up.
__________________
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
BoyDay
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 338

BoyDay's Gamercard
It unlocks once you've selected the storage device at the title screen - it checks the device to see if you have a Midway saved game.
BoyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #16
Unibrow88
 
Unibrow88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 206
Send a message via MSN to Unibrow88

x Everto x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Has Anyone unlocked this achievo on the PC version yet?
__________________
Unibrow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #17
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited
 
The Pants Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 16,950

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibrow88 View Post
Has Anyone unlocked this achievo on the PC version yet?
I probably won't play the game, but I was interested to see if it would still work for the PC version - and it does.

http://www.battlestations.net/en-US/...achievement-pc

It appears you need a save game file (this applies to both the PC and 360 versions - it does not read off your gamercard), but the save file (or maybe a "player profile" - just move everything) needs to be inside the same EIDOS folder that Pacific installs itself to.
__________________
~Alan | Anime | Books | Twitter



I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #18
Anglomaniac
 
Anglomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80

Anglomaniac's Gamercard
Hmmmm i loaded up B:Midway on a dud profile with only a game save file (No Achievements are unlocked on the dud profile itself for Midway to clarify) from Midway on the memory and then put Pacific in to see if it read i had played Midway and unlock the achievement for me, but unfortuantly the dud profile did not? can anyone else clarify this? (just a thought, the dud profie has not actually played any missions it just has the save data? maybe i should try completeing the first mission on regular?) plus if this is not the case what actually does trigger this achievement to unlock? an achievement unlocked from the Midway game maybe or even having to complete the Midway campaign? either way for the people who have not played Midway (excluding myself) and like to play Pacific its a bit of a slap in the face? why are Microsoft policies being broken to often now? something dont smell right if you ask me personally?
__________________
[URL=http://halocharts.com/index.php?player=Anglomaniac][IM]G]http://halocharts.com/images/rsb/gen/Anglomaniac_1433.jpg[/IMG][/URL

Last edited by Anglomaniac; 05-15-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: making slighty more sense. (im an idiot, lol)
Anglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Unibrow88
 
Unibrow88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 206
Send a message via MSN to Unibrow88

x Everto x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I probably won't play the game, but I was interested to see if it would still work for the PC version - and it does.

http://www.battlestations.net/en-US/...achievement-pc

It appears you need a save game file (this applies to both the PC and 360 versions - it does not read off your gamercard), but the save file (or maybe a "player profile" - just move everything) needs to be inside the same EIDOS folder that Pacific installs itself to.
Very Interesting :P
__________________
Unibrow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #20
tarekegypt
 
tarekegypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 586

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
It appears you need a save game file (this applies to both the PC and 360 versions - it does not read off your gamercard), but the save file (or maybe a "player profile" - just move everything) needs to be inside the same EIDOS folder that Pacific installs itself to.
What do u mean by move everything? What exactly to be moved! I played Midawy on my XBox360 just got the PC version for Pacific. I my trying to unlock this more details please! Obliviously the Achievement did not unlock once i played the PC pacific.
__________________
tarekegypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #21
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited
 
The Pants Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 16,950

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekegypt View Post
What do u mean by move everything? What exactly to be moved! I played Midawy on my XBox360 just got the PC version for Pacific. I my trying to unlock this more details please! Obliviously the Achievement did not unlock once i played the PC pacific.
You need to have played the PC version of Midway to get the achievement on the PC version of Pacific. Likewise, you need to have played the 360 version of Midway for the 360 Pacific.

To get the PC achievement, you need the Midway files inside the same EIDOS folder that Pacific installs itself to so it can verify that you've played the game. That is where it looks to unlock the achievement.
__________________
~Alan | Anime | Books | Twitter



I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #22
liam892008
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7

Liam892008's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglomaniac View Post
Ok im not sure if this warrants a new thread but its something being spoken about quite a bit due to Eidos's sneaky Hero Of Midway achievement which requires you to of played the first version (Battlestations Midway).
Ok i fully understand the anger in the community due to this action being against the Microsoft policys, terms and conditions but none the less i think (and im assuming this will wok) there is an easy way around aquiring this achievement but again unfortuantly you will have to rent, purchase or borrow Battlestations Midway but be assured this first game will not show up in your achivement list because the simple fact is you will only need a SAVE FILE of this game on your PROFILES MEMORY and not actually have any unlocked achievements from this first version and what can we now do with 0 point games? yes thats right delete them!! so just to clarify you can have a 1000 on PACIFIC without even having MIDWAY on your achievement list, but yes the bummer is you have to get your hands on MIDWAY to atleast to aquire the save file.
And yes you may think how the hell does he know he hasnt even played or got it, all i can say is im relying on my instincts that this theory will work! if it does not then yeah i am a fool with egg on his face! LOL.
Im just finishing off Midway now so will still have it when Pacific comes and can try this theory on a dud profile and update this thread if the above mentioned works.
The first one was awesome.
Was a gem in the rough if you ask me.


Nice avatar btw
liam892008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #23
tripp
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
you have to be online to get the Hero of Midway achievement as well on the 360.

it didnt unlock for me after 3 days of playing until I connected the network cable.
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #24
HardkorePrawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 131

HardkorePrawn's Gamercard
I have played Midway, but, do NOT have a save on my HDD.
Yet, I got the achievement. So, it may not be save game related.
HardkorePrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #25
Anglomaniac
 
Anglomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80

Anglomaniac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardkorePrawn View Post
I have played Midway, but, do NOT have a save on my HDD.
Yet, I got the achievement. So, it may not be save game related.
What a bummer! if Eidos did make this unlock only when you have unlocked an achievement for midway, well lets say thats just down right skanky! (i have got it but its a shame for the people who want to 1000gs Pacific)

Eidos. lol
__________________
[URL=http://halocharts.com/index.php?player=Anglomaniac][IM]G]http://halocharts.com/images/rsb/gen/Anglomaniac_1433.jpg[/IMG][/URL
Anglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
BoyDay
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 338

BoyDay's Gamercard
Serves them right for not playing Midway because it was awesome!
BoyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #27
Anglomaniac
 
Anglomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80

Anglomaniac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyDay View Post
Serves them right for not playing Midway because it was awesome!
Lol, i guess there is that side of it too. i loved Midway
__________________
[URL=http://halocharts.com/index.php?player=Anglomaniac][IM]G]http://halocharts.com/images/rsb/gen/Anglomaniac_1433.jpg[/IMG][/URL
Anglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #28
elite879
 
elite879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Posts: 9

elite879's Gamercard
Veteran of Midway ------------------------------Hero of Midway
Complete all SinglePlayer missions----------Played Battlestations Midway.


=

That's what I think
__________________
Anyone want to do co-op or "friendly" matches on LP2 just hit me up on XBL
elite879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #29
Sasco1st
 
Sasco1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 72

Sasco1st's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardkorePrawn View Post
I have played Midway, but, do NOT have a save on my HDD.
Yet, I got the achievement. So, it may not be save game related.
Odd, I didn't get the achievement until I did have a Miday save in the My Documents\Battlestations-Midway Dir!
Sasco1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #30
CKRONIKX
 
CKRONIKX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 47
Not Sure But

I'm Not sure but i rented this game a while back and i own Midway so i had already played it but not beaten it. i didn't get the Hero of Midway Acheivment but i can't remember if i signed on to live or not.. so if i find something that works i'll post back letting u know. i got a feeling u have to beat the first game tho
__________________
CKRONIKX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07 AM.