PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Banjo Tooie
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Thinreaper

Thinreaper's Gamercard
Anyone else think Banjo Tooie sucks compared to Banjo Kazooie?

Nowhere near as good or as fun.

Am i the only one who feels like this?
Thinreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
CunningFox

z ShockWave x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Youre not he only one.
Im not personally but some people do prefer to keep it very simple so fair enough...
CunningFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Starmud

Send a message via MSN to Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
I don't think it sucks, but I prefer Banjo-Kazooie any day of the week.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
NightTied

NightTied's Gamercard
I admit, it isn't as good as the first one.
Maybe because I've never played it before unlike Banjo Kazooie.
NightTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I wouldn't say that it sucks, it may not be as fun, but I still like them both alot.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
Itsbrown4606

Itsbrown4606's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 2   Road Map - Bronze   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Banjo-Kazooie is stale to me, Banjo-Tooie is much more fun.

Especially because you don't need to hunt down 100 notes and just 16 note nest and one treble clef.
Itsbrown4606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
AjL227

Send a message via AIM to AjL227

AjL227's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Both are good. I think we can all agree that the new one is a complete mess, compared to either of these legendary games.

Looking for multiplayer friends in:::
1. GTA IV
2. Risk: Factions
3. Worms
4. Left 4 Dead
AjL227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #8
Norman Coxwell

Monkalrus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I actually kind of consider them the same game. I mean Banjo Tooie goes basically right off of the ending of Banjo Kazooie so smoothly I just count it as like Part2. So few games transition so well. Plus starting out with all your moves and gain new ones? Never seen that before Banjo-Tooie.

Though i agree that BanjoTooie is not as great as Banjo-Kazooie, I don't believe either are bad. Much better than most retail games out there.
Norman Coxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
fnac323

XI NACLERIO IX's Gamercard
There both great games. But to be honest, Banjo Tooie KILLS the first one any day. Much longer also
fnac323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #10
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I could never say it sucks, although like many I found the first more enjoyable. I will, however, agree that the note collecting in the first game is too much
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinreaper View Post
Nowhere near as good or as fun.

Am i the only one who feels like this?
Agreed 100%. Just 5 more achievements and then I can forget that I bought Tooie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #12
Rockin141

UnarmedKayLoom's Gamercard
I honestly feel number one is superior too number two... but nuts and bolts on the other hand... what a disappointment.
Rockin141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #13
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
I haven't given that game much of a chance, but even I think what i've played so far has been pretty good
Old 05-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
allen t is on

Send a message via AIM to allen t is on

allenfreakingt's Gamercard
i like tooie alot more but i do like kazooie
Gears Of War 2: Level 100
allen t is on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
RinkXing

DARTH RINKXING's Gamercard
I only believe the first one is better because of nostalgia and the magical feeling your get from experiencing the game for the first time.

The second is superior in almost every way, but I'll always like the first one more.
RinkXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
silentbob0

Send a message via ICQ to silentbob0

UltimateAssault's Gamercard
I like Banjo-Kazooie miles better than Banjo-Tooie. Sure BT is alot longer and has some fun minigames but I just much prefer the more fun and laid back nature of the first game, BT gets a bit complex and frustrating at times. I especially prefer the music in BK aswell. Back in the N64 days I finished the first game 100% about 5 times and only finished the second game once. My opinion has not changed all these years later. Everything about BK is better to me. Still both games are awesome and destroy the awful excuse for a game that is Nut's and Bolts.
silentbob0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #17
Exodist

Exodist's Gamercard
I definitely prefer the first game, but how I feel for Tooie, I'm not sure. When I first got the original I loved it played it, beat it. Came back to it a few years later, got 100% on it, then did it again without delay when the XBLA version came out. I've briefly played Tooie before, I actually own it on N64 but I never finished it, I just stopped playing it. I'm trying to get through it now on XBLA, but it can get a bit complicated at times. Some people may say its just to offer a challenge, but even when using a guide (I got this mini-guide book ages ago with my N64 copy so I'm putting it to good use) I still get confused a lot of the time. I do like how each level connects, but I think some levels rely on abilities earned later on too much. Essentially, I'm getting a little bored of Tooie, but I've almost finished it so I guess I should at least do that.
Exodist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
Thinreaper

Thinreaper's Gamercard
Exodist just summed up exactly how i felt about Tooie!

I also had it on N64 and never bothered finishing it, but i was excited about it coming out on XBLA so i could give it another go, as i loved playing Kazooie again after all these years

But about a couple of hours in (after the extremely long and boring opening cutscene) i remembered why i didn't like the game that much.

The levels are waaay too long, overly complicated and in the later worlds you spend ages wondering around a level trying to find something you can actually do as they all seem to involve moves you haven't learnt yet.

Making worlds really big and complex does not = challenge or fun. It's just poor game design imo which is why i didnt like what Rare did with Donkey Kong 64 either. Banjo Kazooie was simple yet hugely enjoyable and that is what makes a good 3d platformer imo.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
epik499

epik499's Gamercard
This is my first game of the franchise and I cannot see the appeal to it. Maybe back in the day... but by todays standards, yuck.
Thankfully I only played part of the demo and didn't waste the money.

: 100% 7 retail 3 arcade
epik499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
Exodist

Exodist's Gamercard
I've almost done it, I only need to do the Sabreman achievement and then I'll probably go and pick up a few more jiggies so I can go fight Grunty, once I beat it I'll probably leave it alone. I may go back to it later and finish it off properly, but the levels are just too daunting and confusing. Its a good game but no where near as fun as the original.
Exodist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #21
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

IIRC you need all 90 jiggies to fight Grunty.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #22
MK English Jash

Southern jash's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
My mates have said the same
MK English Jash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #23
Thinreaper

Thinreaper's Gamercard
You only need 70 to face Grunty, i did it this morning

I think it's 70 anyway, DEFINITELY under 80 and not 90, i missed loads of jiggies, especially on Grunty Industries
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
FinTacular

FinTacular's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
It's 70 jiggies.
My feelings about Tooie ? In my opinion it's the better one. The massive levels and their interconnectedness was a huge step and took BK to another level. The splitting of the duo, variety of eggs, Mumbo as a playable character, cooler moves (not forgetting individual moves), more creative transformations, multiplayer...
I can go on why Tooie is the superior one of the two. Banjo-Kazooie is an excellent game but Tooie is just a bit better. Rare in it's prime.

FinTacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #25
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjL227 View Post
Both are good. I think we can all agree that the new one is a complete mess, compared to either of these legendary games.
Not a chance. Nuts and Bolts might not be your standard platformer, but what it does do, it does very well and is quite a unique and fun game.

Quote:
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #26
KingSigy

Send a message via AIM to KingSigy Send a message via MSN to KingSigy Send a message via Yahoo to KingSigy Send a message via Skype™ to KingSigy

KingSigy's Gamercard
I honestly feel that Tooie is the better of the two. Banjo-Kazooie was a favorite of mine back in the day. I bought Tooie when it first came out, but I never played it (my dad took it and was playing it constantly). Now that I am finally experiencing it, I feel its a little more original. The only problem is that it is exactly like all Rare sequels.

Rare has a tendency to produce a sequel that is superior in everyway, but still the same game. This is like Nintendo and PokeMon syndrome. So while I do like Tooie better, Kazooie is a better game. If you are on the fence about which to buy, I'd say go with Tooie. There are so many subtle improvements that the game is simply better, but if you already have Kazooie, skip it.

KingSigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #27
x lil psycho x

Send a message via MSN to x lil psycho x

x LiL Psycho x's Gamercard
i like them both in different ways like banjo is better because it is the original but tooie is more fun that banjo!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #28
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
I feel the series is a downward spiral, Kazooie being the best and N&B being the worst. I like the pure challenge of finding all the notes in Kazooie and that if you die you have to get them all again. I feel this gives gamers more of an incentive to play better, as most current games have no real consequence for death. For example, Halo 3 and CoD get new checkpoints every 2 minutes and if you die, you just revert to the last one, whereas Kazooie makes you restart everything, without making the game ridiculously hard. Tooie was also a great game, just not as great as Kazooie, as it seems like they tried to change the series into something different. I hated the idea of 5 note packs, but I adjusted to it. I thought the level connections (e.g Mayahem Temple to Glitter Gulch Mine/ Terrydactyland / Hailfire Peaks) were an amazing idea, as it opened up having to remember to come back to levels to get jiggies that were, at that time, unreachable. (GGM's waterfall jiggy required Spring Shoes). When N&B came out, I was excited at the concept of vehicular platforming, but when I played it, I found that I much preferred the classic style. Sure, the graphics were good and everything, but it felt more of a kiddies game (and don't say it's because I'm older now, because I still enjoy Banjo Kazooie/Tooie.)

I got 1000G on Sonic the Hedgehog. I didn't like the game, I'm just insane.
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #29
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompl33t View Post
I feel the series is a downward spiral, Kazooie being the best and N&B being the worst. I like the pure challenge of finding all the notes in Kazooie and that if you die you have to get them all again. I feel this gives gamers more of an incentive to play better, as most current games have no real consequence for death. For example, Halo 3 and CoD get new checkpoints every 2 minutes and if you die, you just revert to the last one, whereas Kazooie makes you restart everything, without making the game ridiculously hard.
Unless they changed something via a title update since I last played, they took that part out of Kazooie when they put it on the Arcade. You could die, leave levels, even turn of the game and the notes you collected would stay collected.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #30
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
I can't remember Kazooie on the Arcade, I finished it a while ago. I assumes the notes stayed..

I got 1000G on Sonic the Hedgehog. I didn't like the game, I'm just insane.
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote