PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Family Game Night > Sorry!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sorry! Achievement Guide

Sorry! Achievement Guide

Road map:
  • Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
  • Offline: 10 (200)
  • Online: 0 (All achievements can be done online)
  • Approximate amount of time to 200: 1 hour
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
  • Number of achievements that can be missed: None
  • Glitched achievements: None
  • Cheats: None
Welcome to Sorry!, the latest addition the the Family Game Night. Just like the other games, Sorry! comes with 10 achievements worth 200 points. Sorry! is priced at 800 MSP and available in all regions.

Guide:

My Apologies
Moved one pawn of an opposing team back to the Start Zone

Simply move a pawn of an enemy back to the start zone. You may do this using a Sorry!-card, a yellow slide or several bonus cards (Sideswipe, Wipeout) found in the Bonus Cards mode of the game. This one will definitely come while you're doing the other achievements.

I am not Sorry at all
Won a multiplayer game of Sorry! in under 10 minutes

Win any match in less than 10 minutes. Easiest done in Bonus Cards mode with 2 controllers. The quickest route is to go directly to the right, not the left. You may do this if you have a 1 or 2 to place a pawn on the actual board and then use a 4 to reach the rightmost corner.

Note that getting 1's and 4's right at the start won't happen every time, so this one is a little luck-based.

Win!
Won one game of Sorry!

See 5 Times Win.

5 Times Win! - 25
Win a total of 5 games of Sorry! against a friend

Simply set up any match with 2 controllers. The quickest way to do this is the Bonus Cards mode. One match endures approx. 7-8 minutes; 5-6 if you're lucky at receiving cards. That's a total of about 30-40 minutes for all games.

As stated by the user Rocket, these wins don't have to be against a friend at all, as wins against the CPU will count, too. Whilst wins with 2 controllers will be a lot faster, this is good news for everyone with only 1 controller.

Fragile Alliance
Finished Sorry! without sending any of one teams pawns back to the start

This one might be tricky. You are requested to finish a match without ever having any other pawns moved back to their starts. That means you won't be able to use Sorry!-cards, the bonus cards "Wipeout" and "Sideswipe" or yellow slides.

This may become really annoying, especially if you end up having only Sorry!-cards available. Small hint: If you have a steal card available on any other player besides you, use it to steal the Sorry! card of your cheevo-account on purpose. You will need to remember the correct position of the card as the enemy cards are covered while in steal mode.

Red Vengeance
Used Sorry! on an opponent within one round of them using Sorry! on one of your pawns

Simple: Right after one of the other teams used a Sorry!-card on you, do the same on them.

Rainbow Dancing - 10
Win a game after moving one pawn from each team back to the start zone

See All Out Offensive.

All Out Offensive
Move 2 pawns from every opposing team back to the start in one game

Set up a match with 4 controllers (GH controllers work, too). Now you don't want to finish the match unless you moved 2 pawns of every team back to their starts. If you're unsure, write a list and cross them off as you move them back.

The Yellow Dart
Use a Sorry! yellow slide to send a pawn back to start

Slide over an enemy while he is standing somewhere in the middle of a yellow slide. There are 2 on every side of the board.

Have the enemy player stand somewhere between A-D whilst you directly hit E to start the slide (You won't start it when you hit some other spot than E).

Note: Slides may appear in different colors.

Master of the Cards
Use all the Sorry! Bonus Cards in one game

Simple. Just avoid winning a Bonus Cards game unless you're sure to have used all available Bonus Cards.

There are 5 different cards:

Steal (Steal any card from any player)
Sideswipe (Take out every pawn standing on a certain side of the board)
Wipeout (Take out at least 1 pawn of every player)
All Change (Get a complete new set of cards)
Freedom (Get pawns onto the actual board without being needed to have a 1 or 2)

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011

Last edited by T0b3; 05-21-2009 at 08:35 PM.
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
nice guide thanks

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
Svatos

svatz40's Gamercard
Thanks it helped a lot!!!

Svatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
spilner100
Banned User

Spilner's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yay a guide nice one, shame i gave my mates controllers back i need um again
spilner100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Quickie

Send a message via ICQ to Quickie Send a message via AIM to Quickie

Cheezewhizz's Gamercard
You might want to add that achievements pop after the someone has won the game, easy achievements such as My Apologies and Red Vengeance do not pop as soon as you complete the requirements for them, they pop after a winner has been declared.

Awesome guide though!
Quickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
Invader999

wdog999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Fragile Alliance - 10 Finished Sorry! without sending any of one teams pawns back to the start

This one might be tricky. You are requested to finish a match without ever having any other pawns moved back to their starts. That means you won't be able to use Sorry!-cards, the bonus cards "Wipeout" and "Sideswipe" or yellow slides.

This may become really annoying, especially if you end up having only Sorry!-cards available. Small hint: If you have a steal card available on any other player besides you, use it to steal the Sorry! card of your cheevo-account on purpose. You will need to remember the correct position of the card as the enemy cards are covered while in steal mode.

I think they mean that at least one team can't be gotten out by you, hence the fact that it says "...Any of ONE teams..." and not "...Any teams...". Sorry I didn't do a quote, but I backspaced the quote coding by accident.

Last edited by Invader999; 05-03-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Invader999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, had to use it for yellow dart to make sure I was doing it right, as well as master of the cards. 59030 at the time of this post. Thanks.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickie View Post
You might want to add that achievements pop after the someone has won the game, easy achievements such as My Apologies and Red Vengeance do not pop as soon as you complete the requirements for them, they pop after a winner has been declared.

Awesome guide though!
Since many people have problems with thr achievement-popping, I won't add such notes. Sometimes they pop directly after you have done what the achievement "says" and sometimes you need to click through leaderboards/achievements in my stuff to get them to pop.

Edit: Updated achievement solution for The Yellow Dart.

100% Retail:
trueachievements

Last edited by T0b3; 05-03-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You may also want to put in there, as I confirmed this with 2 accounts, that for the 5 wins, they don't have to be against a friend at all. I got my 5 wins while playing against the computer, I didn't even plug in a second controller getting my 200. I did the same thing with my wife's account.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 AM   #10
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You may also want to put in there, as I confirmed this with 2 accounts, that for the 5 wins, they don't have to be against a friend at all. I got my 5 wins while playing against the computer, I didn't even plug in a second controller getting my 200. I did the same thing with my wife's account.
Has been added.

Thanks!

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
For some reason I cannot get yellow dart to unlock.I've sent pawns back on every coloured arrow on the board,checked achievements/trophies/stats in my stuff and still will not unlock.Any ideas?

EDIT Well it popped eventually.I captured 2 pieces on both yellow arrow sections and after that it unlocked.

Last edited by ponypo2001; 05-08-2009 at 01:13 AM.
ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
LveMyBAYBEE
Banned User

LveMyBAYBEE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Great Guide Signed: 200/200

LveMyBAYBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
Invader999

wdog999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader999 View Post
Fragile Alliance - 10 Finished Sorry! without sending any of one teams pawns back to the start

I think they mean that at least one team can't be gotten out by you, hence the fact that it says "...Any of ONE teams..." and not "...Any teams...". Sorry I didn't do a quote, but I backspaced the quote coding by accident.
I got this achievement even though I got one blue pawn out.
Invader999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Joshy8632

Joshy8632's Gamercard
LIES ALL LIES i can never unlock the master of the cards achievement I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING swear i have gotton all five and still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *whimpers* help.........

played like a six hour game and nothing!!!!!!!!
Joshy8632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #15
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader999 View Post

That was my experience ... in fact, I got Red Vengeance and My Apologies in the same game as Fragile Alliance. There was one team that I never bumped (quite by accident, but a fortunate one it seems).

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #16
Amazed
Banned User

Ahmazed's Gamercard
For that achievement i just played with one other person and i just kept moving around the board and making sure that my next move wasnt to hit my opponent. So eventualy after all the pawn moving i did my partner won the game and i still got the achievement.
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #17
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post

The Yellow Dart
Use a Sorry! yellow slide to send a pawn back to start

Slide over an enemy while he is standing somewhere in the middle of a yellow slide. There are 2 on every side of the board.

Have the enemy player stand somewhere between A-D whilst you directly hit E to start the slide (You won't start it when you hit some other spot than E).

Note: Slides may appear in different colors.
There are only two yellow slides on the board; slides match the colors of the Start and Home spaces on that side of the board, and pieces do not slide on slides of their own color.

I do not believe you will get this achievement unless you hit a piece on a yellow slide (on the opposite side of the board from red).

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #18
Vivi

BlackMageV1V1's Gamercard
Very easy. I have 1000/1400 now.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:35 AM   #19
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
really even though you only have a total of 225 achievement points hmm ok
Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #20
Sal Sandoval

Vegas Chaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
wow really you have 145/1400 on Family Game Night
and 625 total gamerscore overall
what a NOOB
Sal Sandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #21
OutlinedDragon

do you need 4 profiles to sign in 4 controllers? because i cant figure out how to play with 4 controllers.
OutlinedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #22
sigron12

Starscream8312's Gamercard
??????

I still don't understand how I could've gotten the All But Offensive achievement and not the Rainbow Dancing one...It's just not possible..

I tried it again last night, this time with 4 controllers and I made sure, just in case, that I ONLY sent back 1 pawn from each team, and I also won the game...still nothing!! someone help!!
sigron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
ZW_

ZW's Gamercard
nice guide,gotta go try it out...
ZW_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #24
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
the rainbow achievement is all i have left. i could swear i sent one of every team back before i won. it will take a few more tries to win again. the AI gets too lucky sometimes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #25
tk29wbspen

call1800gruntfr's Gamercard
can anypne help me with scrabble online achievement? its the last one i need pllleeeeaaassssseeee lol
tk29wbspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #26
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk29wbspen View Post
can anypne help me with scrabble online achievement? its the last one i need pllleeeeaaassssseeee lol
Whats that got to do with Sorry!

WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #27
qSasukep

chaos420666's Gamercard
very nice guide, i didnt know how to play sorry! but the *move to the right instead of left* makes alot more sence when i found out how to play, nice guide, ty
qSasukep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #28
qSasukep

chaos420666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigron12 View Post
I still don't understand how I could've gotten the All But Offensive achievement and not the Rainbow Dancing one...It's just not possible..

I tried it again last night, this time with 4 controllers and I made sure, just in case, that I ONLY sent back 1 pawn from each team, and I also won the game...still nothing!! someone help!!
to be truthful, i got both those achievements my first game with 2 controllers and it was my first time playing sorry ever...... i guess i got ultra lucky becuz i wasnt even trying for those achievements lol and ended up missing the one i was aiming for

only advice, is play dirty!!! or its your save??
qSasukep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:21 AM   #29
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i guess a quick tip for fragile alliance is only swap positions with other pawns and don't knock them back home. i got this today and i wasn't even trying for it. you also don't have to win the game.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #30
t mart 007

T Mart 007's Gamercard
For anyone having trouble with the Yellow Dart achievement:

I kept sliding into only one opponent on a single yellow slide and wasn't getting it. I finally got it by using a second controller and setting myself up so I could slide into a bunch. I slid into 2 at once on one yellow slide, I also slid into one on the other yellow slide, and then also into a few on other colored slides. So I probably went overboard but I wasn't getting it any other way.

In summary, make sure you take opponents out with both yellow slides, and possibly 2 at once. It's pretty easy to do if you use a second controller and set yourself up.
t mart 007 is offline   Reply With Quote