PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Banjo Tooie
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Pixo

Send a message via AIM to Pixo

Pl4ti7Vum826's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Least Favorite Level

My least was Jolly Roger's Lagoon. Grunty Industries is a close second though. I just hated going through the whole level tapping X. I also don't like the boss here (Lord Woo Fak Fak).
Pixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Starmud

Send a message via MSN to Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
You don't need to tap the button, you can just hold it.

I dislike Cloud Cuckoland the most. It feels like somebody made a joke when they came up with the levels, and nobody understood that it was a joke. I've always hated it for the lack of more warp pads which combined with the confusing layout, makes the level a maze.
They should've made something more serious as the last level. Like in Banjo-Kazooie. Click Clock Woods was a masterpiece.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
To be honest, I like every level in Banjo-Tooie. Every one has good things that make me like them!

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
BigFellaJake

BigFellaJake's Gamercard
Except for the boss fight I didn't really enjoy witchyland? that much. There wasn't enough things for me to do to keep occupied. And I agree with you StarMud about ClickClock woods being a masterpiece of a level, especially the music to it aswell
BigFellaJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
x lil psycho x

Send a message via MSN to x lil psycho x

x LiL Psycho x's Gamercard
I really, really, REALLY HATE GRUNTY INDUSTRIES!!! IS S**T!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
jacklanky

jacklanky's Gamercard
Grunty Industries

Definetely Grunty Industries. Very un-Banjo-Kazooie like. Great game altogether though.
jacklanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixo View Post
My least was Jolly Roger's Lagoon. Grunty Industries is a close second though. I just hated going through the whole level tapping X. I also don't like the boss here (Lord Woo Fak Fak).

You realize there is a way to swim faster? Not to mention Lord Woo Fak Fak is much easier with the submarine (infinite ammo)
Old 05-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Pixo

Pl4ti7Vum826's Gamercard

I know there's a way to swim faster in Banjo-Kazooie, not tooie.. and I used the submarine for him after the first few tries, it was a lot easier. I don't like the aiming that this game has with eggs.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
CunningFox

z ShockWave x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixo View Post
To swim twice as fast you have to unlock it.
Go to Spiral Mountain, and Bill drill the boulder near banjos house that Roysten the goldfish is trapped under.
Then just jump in the water and you get double air and the ability to hold A and X to swim twice as fast.
CunningFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Gamechamp

Send a message via AIM to Gamechamp

Gamechamp3000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Grunty Industries. It takes far, far too long to get anything accomplished in that level. I could have Cloud Cuckooland 100% completed by the time I was halfway through Grunty Industries.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #11
Kakansho

Kakansho's Gamercard
I also hated Jolly Rogers Lagoon.

Underwater levels have never been my thing in video games, and the Lagoon was torture.

Special thanks to: Farnham, Jiiim2k for achievement assistance.
Kakansho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
jacklanky

jacklanky's Gamercard
Post Jolly Roger's Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklanky View Post
Definetely Grunty Industries. Very un-Banjo-Kazooie like. Great game altogether though.
I'm changing my opinion. I have been playing through the game for the 1st time in 7 years and have just been playing through Jolly Roger's Lagoon. I have remembered just how annoying it is to control, to aim, to move. Just altogether annoyance. Clanker's Cavern was my least favourite world in Banjo-Kazooie, so it's probably just the whole swimming theme I don't like.

Actually, here's a list of best to worst in my opinion:

#1: Hailfire Peaks
#2: Witchyworld
#3: Cloud Cuckooland
#4: Glitter Gulch Mine
#5: Mayahem Temple
#6: Terrydactyland
#7: Grunty Industries
#8: Jolly Roger's Lagoon

I'd like to see what everyone thinks is the best-to-worst worlds in Banjo-Tooie?
jacklanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
Senate4242

senate4242's Gamercard
Grunty Industries has been bad for me. I keep getting lost.

Senate4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #14
YoshiMiyamoto

Send a message via AIM to YoshiMiyamoto

YoshiMiyamoto's Gamercard
Grunty Industries is by far the worst...an awful combination of confusing and annoying. I like a lot of the other levels, with my favorite being Hailfire Peaks.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #15
Starmud

Send a message via MSN to Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakansho View Post
The Lagoon was torture.
Urgh, that reminds me of the level in Ecco the Dolphin called The Lagoon.
That level was torture.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
I Slippery I

I Slippery I's Gamercard
I like Grunty Industries .

My least favourite is Glitter Gulch Mine.
I Slippery I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
Pixo

Pl4ti7Vum826's Gamercard

Quote:
Grunty Industries. It takes far, far too long to get anything accomplished in that level. I could have Cloud Cuckooland 100% completed by the time I was halfway through Grunty Industries.
Same for me. I think Terrydactyland and Grunty Industries are tied. Both of those places take way to long to get one jiggy.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
allen t is on

Send a message via AIM to allen t is on

allenfreakingt's Gamercard
def grunty industries because i still dont remember where to find the jamjars for the sticky boots
Gears Of War 2: Level 100
allen t is on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I absolutely hated it in Terrydactyland. That level seemed to just go on forever and kept going round in circles.

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
RinkXing

DARTH RINKXING's Gamercard
Grunty Industries, ugh.

I find the whole thing overly complicated to navigate and progress in, always have. You can tell from the word go that it's going to be hell after the whole 'getting into the building by train' thing.
RinkXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #21
cybenddragon

cybenddragon's Gamercard
Wow... memories...

Where to start? I used to love this game, and I am playing thorugh it again for the first time in about.... 4 years? Haven't been able to beat it again yet because of staying at my friend's for 4 days but.... I think my least favorite was Grunty Industries. That and Cloud Cuckooloand were the only ones I never had the paitence to 100%. My opinoin from best to worst were:

1. Mayhem Temple- I love the music, which is the only reason it beats #2. I played this level 1,000,000 times and enjoyed it everytime. The kickball is fun, and I love the lines when you sneak inside (look it up if you don't remember what you say to the guard.) Targetzan's a really fun boss.
2. Witchyworld- Large amount of variety, fun minigames, and 2 jiggies you have to come back for; which I enjoy. The boss is very unique. I also love the inferno... fire, yay.
3. Hailfire Peaks- Music= pure s*x. Also, the alien thing is one of the coolest part in any BK game ever. It's also huge, and I love it even though I used to get confused constantly.
4. Terrydactyland- I enjoyed becoming a dinosaur and the Terry fight was fun. You also make a caveman pee himself, c'mon guys, thats f***ing awesome.
5. Glitter Gulch Mine- I love the King Coal battle, but the underwater maze makes me mad, I also hate destroying the dynamite. Mary is probably my favorite mini-game, I love button presses (call me weird). I dislike the dynamite transformation. Great music.
6. Jolly Roger Lagoon- Besides Hailfire Peaks, I love this music the most. However I dislike water levels a little, the boss sucks, and it's confusing navigating in my opinoin. I enjoyed the mutants though.
7. Cloud Cuckooland- Well... it's a big level. Evil Mumboo's cool... and infuriatingly hard. It's confusing as s**t. I enjoy seeing Mary again I guess. Not my favorite level, to say the least.
8. Grunty Industries- *sobs* I'm okay. But this level... it's so bad. You have to use the train to get inside. There's multiple times you have to come back, which in itself isn't bad, but it's for the stupidest stuff. Weldar is a stupid boss, story wise and fighting wise. If I remember right (I haven't got to this level again yet) it's huge, which just makes it that much worse. I do not feel rewarded for playing this level like I do most BK levels. Worst level in both games.

I probably gave far too much information with this post, but whatever, this is why I think what I do, and if you have a differing opinoin, that's great. Just don't be an arse about it.
cybenddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 3   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'll go with a tie between Grunty Industries and Witchyworld.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
exit9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #23
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Grunty Industries. Way too complicated to navigate, the hard-to-locate security cameras that respawn soon anyway, and the FPS area was irritating. Normally I like factory levels, but in this case I'm making an exception.

Agent CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #24
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've only gotten up to Dinosaur Land (screw trying to spell the actual name ) and so far I hate it the most. I wandered around for about an hour yesterday and only managed to get 2/3rds of a Jiggy (helping the dino family) and the spring shoe move. I don't want to go back to that hellhole, so I'm trying to mine whatever jiggies I can out of earlier levels instead.

EDIT: Hailfire Peaks just took an amazing lead. I especially hate the fire side. Annoying hands coming out of the wall, the fire rocks being launched from the sky, the other fire rock launching dudes, and those annoying as **** little dudes on the magic carpet laughing constantly. Ice side is less annoying, but the fire side... Damn. I hate that side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 05-16-2009 at 04:31 AM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #25
SCA KAZUMA

burnshadow's Gamercard
Definitely Grunty Industries. It sucked. Too much going on for one level. The washing machine was by far the worst part of it. "I'm gonna shoot you with underpants that arc before they can even reach you! What now?" The powers that you learn, though, are pretty awesome. Like the super jump (Kazooie) and the claw clamber shoes. But they still don't make it worth the many tears I cried at how terrible the level was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atanatos View Post
I feel the same way sometimes. I sometimes search the forums for questions that people may have, only to find they are rudely referred to google or how they dare not to search the entire forum before they post the question, because someting similar can be found in the archives of 2007.
100%
See My Profile

SCA KAZUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #26
Professor Pie

Jedgesaurus's Gamercard
Jolly Roger's Lagoon. While I liked the town area, the main underwater areas were pretty annoying. I'm not sure why, but I've always disliked underwater levels in platform games. Not even Tiptup could make me enjoy those bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmud View Post
I dislike Cloud Cuckoland the most. It feels like somebody made a joke when they came up with the levels, and nobody understood that it was a joke. I've always hated it for the lack of more warp pads which combined with the confusing layout, makes the level a maze.
They should've made something more serious as the last level. Like in Banjo-Kazooie. Click Clock Woods was a masterpiece.
But there were a few flight pads littered about and, considering you could fly to pretty much anywhere in the level, you didn't really need warp pads. Still, would've been nice to have both, I guess.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #27
TheFalcon

IXI FalcoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
grunty industries takes the cake. i've never liked "factory" levels in any game, they just bore me. but this level is just painful. i can't remember where any of the shit is and it takes FOREVER to progress through the level because you get lost or just have no clue what to do. that and just getting inside the place was a bitch because i completely forgot you had to use the train to get in and spent 20 mins figuring just that out. my time for this level is 1:38 without a single jiggy.

jolly roger's lagoon is a close 2nd least favorite. anything out of the water is fine, but since 2/3 of the level is underwater and i just HATE swimming in this game it really ruined it. plus it has a layout on par with grunty industries' confusing layout because everything looks the same.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #28
WithTheDawn

WithTheDawn's Gamercard
Grunty Industries, of course. I'm glad I remembered how to do everything on it this time round...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #29
Kailon791

Kailon791's Gamercard
Grunty Industries : ( whoever created that level needs to be drug out in the street and beaten down. bad layout, hard jiggies, hard terrain. all around fail!

100% Retail: Mass Effect 3 (1550), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Fallout 3 (1550), Assassin's Creed II, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1000), Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man EoT, Resident Evil 4 HD, Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs (1225), Bioshock Infinite (1000), Deadpool,

100% Arcade: Shadow Complex, Monday Night Combat, DR2C:0, Battlefield 1943, Bastion, THPS HD, SP Tennorman, The Walking Dead, BG&E HD, Castlevania SOTN, FC3:BD, Brothers ToTS, Dust ET
Kailon791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #30
Kailon791

Kailon791's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithTheDawn View Post
Grunty Industries, of course. I'm glad I remembered how to do everything on it this time round...
lol i actually skipped it this time around, since achieves arent for finding everything i just went in, got abilities, and got out!

100% Retail: Mass Effect 3 (1550), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Fallout 3 (1550), Assassin's Creed II, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1000), Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man EoT, Resident Evil 4 HD, Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs (1225), Bioshock Infinite (1000), Deadpool,

100% Arcade: Shadow Complex, Monday Night Combat, DR2C:0, Battlefield 1943, Bastion, THPS HD, SP Tennorman, The Walking Dead, BG&E HD, Castlevania SOTN, FC3:BD, Brothers ToTS, Dust ET
Kailon791 is offline   Reply With Quote