PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Velvet Assassin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
i Eat Kittenzx

Furppe's Gamercard
i actually don't mind it, to be honest i thought it would have been a bit better but from playing the first two missions it doesn't seem all that bad just have to get used to all the sneaking in it lol not used to it but yeah its not a bad game well worth the money in my opinion
i Eat Kittenzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #32
R3DR1NGOFDEATH

for me its a great game and i love it. lots of fun and like every other game ever made it has its flaws but what game doesn't. all in all its one of my favorit games.

Last edited by R3DR1NGOFDEATH; 06-08-2009 at 03:59 AM.
R3DR1NGOFDEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
cornishpixie88

Cornish Pixie88's Gamercard
I am quite enjoying it even though I dont normally like these sort of stealth game! The only thing that is negative is the collectibles- Im worried Im going to miss one lol
cornishpixie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #34
silencer018

silencer018's Gamercard
I was not really a big fan of it. It had its good moments like the story line but, the problem for me was the aiming of the guns was really bad, which I know you really aren't meant to shoot that much but, for the last level it just made it that much harder.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #35
TheRealPsiPhi

KGI Psience's Gamercard
I just finished this game with my full thousand. Beat the last two levels today on Agent first then did my Blitzkreig achievement and this is what I have to say:

The game was solid. I enjoyed myself for the first 10 levels. The run and gun bit at the end was crappy, mostly because the AI is stupid hard. I did find that if you wait around a corner that they will just march into your bullets. The poor gun mechanics ruined what was otherwise a very fun game. When I shoot someone in the head 3 times, I expect them to go down. Don't get me started on the crappy ending either.

Fun while it lasted, but not a keeper. I'd give it a 6.
TheRealPsiPhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Teflondon187 View Post
I love this game. It is a fun game. Not the best game in the world but I really like it. Everybody I talk to says they hate it. Everybody complains about the checkpoints. It is supposed to be hard. They are just a bunch of little girls. This game is also very realistic. So am I the only one who likes this game?
Stop. Adding. So. Many. Periods. Please. Learn. How. To. Write. Fluently.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #37
ReaLiStiiC

I really like the game. Not the best game but still quite fun, although going back for a collectible kinda sucks, but any its really fun. And Venomized likes it too, were playing through at the same time. He's already beat it since I had to go back for stupid missed collectibles.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #38
Baptized N Fire

Purified N Fire's Gamercard
The game plays and feels alot like a Splinter Cell only placed in WWII. It is still a great game though
Baptized N Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #39
Mindless Dogg

Send a message via AIM to Mindless Dogg

Mindless Dogg's Gamercard
So i'm thinking about getting this game I go for all around types of games so I read about the needed checkpoints & all that so if y'all would so kindly tell me if I should buy this or just skip on by. It would be best for who ever is going to reply to this hit me up on LIVE GT - Mindless Dogg
Mindless Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #40
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
i'm liking this game alot.
the stealth is done well, many ways to get to the enemy but not too much. in Splinter Cell you can have thousand of gadgets which makes the game too easy some times.
VA requires you to think about situations more.

I would rate this game a 80+ if it wasn't for the crappy checkpoint-system and not being able to revisit a level for missed collectibles. So it's stuck on a 75/100
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #41
amishroadkill79

Send a message via AIM to amishroadkill79 Send a message via Yahoo to amishroadkill79

amishroadkill79's Gamercard
nah i got it too and not knowing anything about it i really enjoy it
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #42
vx Ducky xv

Evil Duck Lady's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I loved the game!

It had an incredible atmosphere to it, I was comepletely immersed when playing it. Plus the gameplay was solid; I can't remember encountering any glitches or control issues at all.

Definately worth an 8/10

I really want a sequel but I know it's highly unlikely

Completed Retail (23) Completed Arcade (5)
vx Ducky xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #43
BIG ED 06

BIG ED 06's Gamercard
I realy enjoyed this game but there are afew point that i did not like, E.g the long and boring convisations, or the fact that the enemy do not notice your shadow lmao

Retail games 1000+ - (12)
>>> Operation flashpoint: Dragon rising(1000/1000), Halo 3(1680/1750),Halo 3: ODST(1000/1000), Fallout 3 (1470/1550), Call of duty 4(1000/1000), Call of duty: WaW(1000/1500), Elder scrolls: Oblivion(1220/1250), EA Sports FN round 3(1000/1000), King kong(1000/1000), Hitman: Blood money(1000/1000),Velvet assassin(1000/1000), Call of juarez(1000/1000)

Working on -
>>> Dragon age, LEGO Batman, Pure, Dead space,AVP<<<
BIG ED 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #44
ncczjx611

ZJXY's Gamercard
To be honest I like this game very much although it is worse than Spliter Cell and Metal Gear. The plot is pretty strait-forward and I often get mixed-feeling when i go through the whole story line. But the stealth kill system disatisfy me. Quite a pitty.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #45
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I hate to bump a thread up so much, but I think this is a great game! It definitely flew under the radar!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #46
Tasty Empire

Tasty Empire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I just picked this one up from GameFly today. It wasn't on the top of my list, but I'm actually really glad I got it. So far, I've only played through the first few levels, but I'm really enjoying it.

The fact that you can walk right in front of someone just because you're in a shadow is a little silly, but all stealth games suffer from this sort of thing from time to time.
Tasty Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #47
Jayour

Jayour's Gamercard
I enjoyed this game, didn't even mind the flaws in it, I thought the scenery was nice and story was done at a nice pace.

Of course, never had so much fun stealth killing a bunch of blind Nazi's!
Jayour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #48
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
just bought this game. looking forward to playing it, hopefully i will like it

Tweekfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #49
Vanilla Coke Zero
Banned User

canzz's Gamercard
it seems like a fun game. i plan to get it when there's a huge price drop.
Vanilla Coke Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 AM   #50
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
Well after playing it and so far being half way through i am liking the game.

a little annoying with the distance between checkpoints but besides that its good.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #51
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
After completing my first play through i still think its a good game.

there is a lot of silly things about it with the ancient stealth mechanics but its good fun for $10.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #52
Tinysmitty

BIoodyEagle's Gamercard
i have never played it but i heard it sucked. but i will still try it soon. i liked WET and Hitman: Blood Money. So i will def try it.
Tinysmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #53
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
I liked all the times you had to sneak around. It felt like I was playing Thief. My biggest disappointment is when the game puts shooting segments in it. I like when you have to sneak around but I don't like it when they make shoot people. The enemies are also kind of gay. You can whistle in one side of the room and hide in the other but the enemies will always point their guns in your direction.

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #54
Cravon

BoNDra FIN's Gamercard
Overall, the game is quite enjoyable, with no "major" flaws, except the horrendous combat and that the last mission forced me to do it (I got pissed off and stopped playing). but as a stealth game it was good, there ain't many on xbox. I would purchase the sequel, if they ever make one.
Cravon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #55
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
This is one of my favourite games for the 360. Its only problem is its re-playability. The enemies react the same and are positioned the same no matter what the difficulty which is a shame.
Corrupt. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #56
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
anybody that thinks this game is good is a fuckin' retard.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #57
Boots Orion

Boots Orion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Tha Pro View Post
anybody that thinks this game is good is a fuckin' retard.
That's a little harsh bro. I can't really form a complete opinion because I haven't played the game much (just picked it up a couple days ago), but from what I saw there are some interesting elements in the game.

Also, there are very few games with a female lead; I can only think of Wet, Mirror's Edge, Perfect Dark, Tomb Raider & Kameo off the top of my head. This coupled with the fact that it is based on a real person makes the game more interesting than most. It is also a WWII game that focuses on something other than the epic action-laden war battles which is a nice change.

If you don't like stealth games, this isn't for you but that hardly means its as bad as you've made it sound.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #58
xxNIGHTWINGxxx

ShadowMachine X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just pick this one up for 5 bucks. Figured what the hell.

http://xboxamerica.com/?r=stw-9365

xxNIGHTWINGxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #59
doctorsparkles

Doctor Sparkles's Gamercard
Just finished this one today. It reminded me of a less-polished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, which is one of my favorite games of all time.

I could have done without the combat sections (especially since the gunplay is so lousy), but the stealth was relatively well done (not perfect, but pretty good).

My main complaints: This game really would have benefited from a manual save feature to supplement the checkpoint system (Oh, I can't wait to hear these soldiers' five minute conversation again). And no level select option? That's just inexcusable, in my opinion.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #60
justG0Twicked

justG0Twicked's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I have played thru the first 2 chapters, and this kind of game drives me crazy. I honestly, wish I had never started it. Still got 900 points to go to finish it off. Games that ask you to collect batches of items and make you do it all in one campaign annoy me. Collectibles are a side-note for me, and I like to run though at the end and grab whatever I missed. Can't do that here
justG0Twicked is offline   Reply With Quote