PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #61
Jedi ObiJoe

Jedi Obijoe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
What a frustrating boss! The first two fights were ok and got easier. The suggestions listed in this thread worked for the most part. Could not get the quick hit to work more than once. After knocking him down spamming the Y button (the jumping stab while he is on the ground) worked well. Got knocked off the damn tower too many times to count. Finally done and shipped back to GameFly. Glad I didn't buy this one.

Hit 100,000 GS on 12/22/2011 with Mile High Club - thanks to all the boosters and this great site.

Looking to Boost: Bioshock 2, Ghostbusters, Quantum of Solace, GTA IV Multiplayer, Halo Reach DLC

Message me on XBox Live if you need an extra player for any of those.
Jedi ObiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #62
TheRoadHead

theroadhead's Gamercard
Man, I have no idea how some of you got this on the 2nd or 3rd try. After trying for an hour and a half last night and throwing in the towel at about 3am (I really wanted to get it back to gamefly in hopes i'd get another game this weekend). I've died about 20 times and have gotten him to 10% many times. I'll probably get home tonight and get it on the first or second try, well i really hope i do.

For what I thought was a really fun game considering the crap movie it's tied to this final boss fight is the worst part of the game.

I really liked the leveling, combat, and graphics (excluding the pre-rendered cut scene) and was just really surprised how much fun I had with this game. The second play thru for the last 50 points has been annoying but until this final boss fight I died very few times.

Hopefully no controllers get thrown tonight because I haven't done that in ages but man I came close last night.
TheRoadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #63
TheRoadHead

theroadhead's Gamercard
And after a weird death where I fell off of the wall during the 2nd part of the fight (before he starts blowing away the wall) i beat him on the 2nd try. I knew I should have given up sooner than I did last night.

anyways good game, awesome game really but back to gamefly you go.
TheRoadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #64
Starz 007

Starz 007's Gamercard
He wasn't too bad. I used the uppercut move a lot, and dodged the blasts when he knocks out the ground. Also, if you get him on the ground, you can sometimes chain jumps with Y, so that you pound him into the ground 4 or 5 times in a row, rather than him kicking you off.
Starz 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #65
Mort

SilentCompany's Gamercard
I beat him first time on hard.
Just pound on him. When you manage to get him knocked over just leave him. If you try and hit him on the ground he ports away.
Whenever he ports away run away from him, then quickly turn around a few times and bash attack. If you let him port in and don't attack he gets you to easily. Bt if you're already attacking you can get in a few lucky hits.
Blocking/Countering is the best way to do damage.
There was a commotion near the door, and Pucci Lavish swept in. Or, at least, tried to sweep. But a good sweep needs planning, and probably rehearsal. You shouldn't just go for it and hope. All you get is a lot of shoving.
- Making Money

'Why does everyone run towards a blood curling scream?' mumbled the Senior Wrangler. 'It's contrary to all sense.'
- Reaper Man
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #66
specterSD

specterSD's Gamercard
Dude, you are the fucking man. Finally, a cheap way to counter his cheap one-hit kill. Seriously, bro, thanks. You are hereby awarded one internets and a cookie for your insights!

100% Retail: (46)
110% Retail (+DLC): (8)
100% XLA: (9)
110% XLA (+DLC): (1)
specterSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #67
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the info Im about to tackle him on normal mode, so Ill put these tips into practice there and see what It can do. Thanks again
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #68
slowpantz

Slowpantz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Worked like a charm, Thanks OP!

facebook:http://facebook.com/letsaskalady
slowpantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #69
xHBZxVendetta

xHBZxVendetta's Gamercard
wow this boss is one annoyin bastard, been pulling my hair out, shouting at the tv for the past 2 hrs trying to beat this guy but thanks to your tips i managed to get the final 50g thanks a bunch 1000/1000
xHBZxVendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #70
LumberJock

LumberJock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinster View Post
Stand near Deadpool obviously. From here either...

-Lunge at him if he's at medium-range. Keep pressing "Y" to attack him on the ground until he teleports away.
-Keep letting go of the block, and then re-blocking. Basically, keep trying to "Counter" him. Once the screen begins to slow down, hit "Y". You will be forced to tap "X", and then do some pretty good damage. Keep mashing "Y" and if he landed correctly, you'll continue to pounce on his face until he teleports away.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Edit: Just a suggestion to try if you are having trouble with the TC's suggestion. But I'm sure what I said is how most people go about fighting Deadpool anyway.
Exactly how I beat him. The only other thing I'd add is that you need to start jumping as soon as the world slows down. Not really hard to finish him off.

LJ
Retail: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Lego Batman, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Lego Indiana Jones, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Bourne Conspiracy, The Incredible Hulk, Fable 2 (1350/1350), Assassin's Creed 2
LumberJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #71
Ptit Ver

Petit Ver's Gamercard
Wow. I'm amazed to see how many of you are having trouble with Deadpool. I have been reading the forums before getting to him and was a bit afraid the fight would be extremely tough. In the end, it wasn't. At all...

In fact, I beat him at my first attempt. I Think you just have to equip the right mutagens and play smart. I equipped Shredder, Savage and Unstoppable. I used the berserker move a lot to deal more damage and kept counter his attacks. Whenever he got away and fired his lasers to destroy the wall, I escaped with the dodging move (LT+RT) and lunged at him as soon as I got the chance. Worked like a charm

Easiest boss of the game IMO
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #72
Virgin

Virgin's Gamercard
Thank you so much, this guy was really starting to piss me off.

Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #73
wendy2643

Wendy2643's Gamercard
I have tried over ten times to beat this jackass. I keep falling on the 2nd stage where he shoots the ground out from under neath Wolverine.

I have swapped out my mutagens so I am using ones that all increase health or reduce damage...

I'm only level 34...

I know I was level 40 when I kicked his ass on easy...

I have tried all the techniques mentioned, but none work.

I have tried spamming "y" after lunging, I can only get one attack off before he kicks me away.

I have tried using "y" to do the charging uppercut... as soon as I hit "x" once, Deadpool flies off the edge and teleports...

I figure maybe I just need to level up more and maybe complete the rest of my combat reflexes... This achievement is do-able... but I notice Deadpool is healing back way to fast... That is why I want to increase my level....
wendy2643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #74
basis

i found the steps given by the TS worked well for Deadpool's 2nd phase which is the one on the top of the reactor funnel, with him teleporting alot.

however once he enters his 3rd phase, which has the ability to destroy sections of the reactor, i either make mistakes with the steps, or i just cannot get to DP because he destroyed too many sections. if i do leap, i miss because he blasts me with his optics and i'm then falling down the chimney

i tried sticking close to him, but to me he's tricky to be close as well.

does anyone have anymore suggestions? i tried the Claw Drill but sometimes it pushes him away and then he teleports. i tried Fury, but maybe i'm just using standard attacks which just damages him, but not fast enough. again any suggestions? thanks in advance.
basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #75
pazza5000

Pazza5000's Gamercard
Thanks so much OP, that battle was driving my insane and now I've finally managed to do it!
pazza5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #76
slipintonite

Send a message via AIM to slipintonite

slipintonite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i swear to god, he is unbelievably predictable but if i get push down a hole one more time i am throwing this game out. ungoddamnreal! how stupid.

thanks to Gackt for the amazing sig!
slipintonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #77
Realkilla781

Realkilla17's Gamercard
Thanks For the post u just saved me hours of frustration
Realkilla781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #78
morseypoo2000

morseypoo2000's Gamercard
Anyone else have any other ideas because its crap. He auto transports when he gets down about a quarter and half and at a quarter so we need an alternative!!!!!!!!!!
morseypoo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #79
SANFORD 31

SANFORD 31's Gamercard
that SOB was pissing me, i will be trying this when i get off of work today.
SANFORD 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 AM   #80
IVIR BLOBBY

IVIR BLOBBY's Gamercard
im still stuck
IVIR BLOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #81
Xynical

Xynvincible's Gamercard
Ahhh, you bastard. I never saw this thread, but this was the EXACT method I used to beat him, haha! I was gonna post this! Great job figuring this method out nontheless.

10K - Danger Close in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
20K - Psych Out in Crackdown
30K - Show 'em who's boss in Blur
40K - Walking Apocalypse in Overlord II
50K - Yub Yub in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
60K - Roscoe and Friends in L.A. Noire
70K - Foxiest of the Hounds in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
80K - The Bird is the Word in The Darkness II
90K - Loyal Customer in Brütal Legend
100K - Champion of Cyrodiil in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Xynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #82
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
It's 3 AM and I've died at least ten times - on my first normal playthough. I wouldn't mind this so much if WE GOT A DAMN CHECKPOINT BEFORE HE STARTS BLASTING AWAY THE GROUND.

FINALLY. I didn't do the lunges or repeat ground pound, I did nothing but counterattacks. He never teleported away once - hopefully the same is true on hard.

Last edited by CIF; 11-11-2010 at 10:28 AM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #83
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Gotta say thanks for this. My counterattack method didn't work because it takes so little health off and you can see it regenerating each time you're mashing X. Tried this and beat him second try for the full 1000.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #84
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddyk View Post
I found dead pool to be fairly easiy. When he was close I used counter to build up my rage meter and then claw drill. Once he teleported away i just lunged at him so he couldn't shoot out the ground from under me. Beat him in one try on hard. Hope this helps.
this helped me a lot thanks

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 50/50
Completed Retail: 198/200
Completed Retail with DLC: 198/200
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #85
unkled20

unkled20's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Thanks OP! The crazy thing is he was so much easier on hard!! It took me a few tries on normal and only one on hard! He only knocked out a single small part of the tower on hard. Thanks for the method though, it helped a ton.
unkled20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #86
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, TC. I finally beat Deadpool on hard using this method. It still took me a lot of tries because of his BS with knocking me off the tower, but this thing is done finally with 1000/1000. Very much appreciated.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #87
GreenL420

GreenL420's Gamercard
this has to be one of the most frustrating battles for an achievement kept getting knocked over the side but ended up getting after about 2hrs lol
GreenL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #88
padraiglovesyou

Padraigx's Gamercard
I don't remember it being as hard as people are making out at all?
Old 04-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #89
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
On my fifth attempt, I had one hit left and what happened he teleported and I was went for the lunge he used his laser and I fell down!! With that I give up and will re-try tomorrow as I'm really pissed off.

I played this on easy and I found it harder, it took me lot more than 5 times to get it close, mainly due to me falling over.

EDIT: I put it on yesterday and killed him at first attempt, I found blocking and doing the counter move to be effective.

The worst part is I have 1 dog tag left from 100% and from the list and no idea which one it was, I may have been killed and forgot it. Going to re-play some episodes to get it rather than play a new game.

Last edited by cjdavies; 04-04-2011 at 07:00 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #90
bobby86long

bobby86long's Gamercard
I did it like said in the first page of this thread:
Keep Y to launch Deadpool in air, X for 5 times and then B to grab him and smash him on the ground.
This method works 80% skills (it's harder to say) and 20% luck.
I kept doing this and after 3 matches I got it (I always fell down XD). Good Luck Everybody
bobby86long is offline   Reply With Quote