How can you host online ranked games?

Tufty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well this is not good news, i recently got the game but no one is ever playing ranked game,s i set one up, thinking it was ranked and someone joined, and i played thinking i was going to get a decent few points, then completed and nothing unlocked!

how do we get the online points these days?

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

If you go to the host game section, you CAN host ranked matches, but as of me trying last night with a mate, some of the cheeves wont pop tho. I got the 5 and 10 kills without death and the 20 hat knock off thing, but the Top score and winning a round without dying didnt pop. Glitchy maybe? If there are any people out there who want to make a group to get the cheeves out of the way, my mate and I will def be up for a go. Cheers.

• 10 months later...
If you go to the host game section, you CAN host ranked matches, but as of me trying last night with a mate, some of the cheeves wont pop tho. I got the 5 and 10 kills without death and the 20 hat knock off thing, but the Top score and winning a round without dying didnt pop. Glitchy maybe? If there are any people out there who want to make a group to get the cheeves out of the way, my mate and I will def be up for a go. Cheers.

i think they are not glitchy :(

5 & 10 kills and the 20 hats (and the 20 suicides as well) dont need a ranked match and are still obtainabl.

• 2 weeks later...
i've never heard of that. where did you? would be great and i'm up as well ;)

Some guys on TA also an other gaming forum (can't remember which one I checked many) mentioned this, they tried to check the servers at some kind of regular time basis and got lucky once, it happened that they could get a match runnin'. As they said it was after Aug 2011 so later than the official server shutdown. Btw if u load up the game, the MP menu says "dedicated servers are not available at this time, PLS TRY AGAIN LATER" hopefully it means stg and not a bullshit from THQ.

are you really going do put the disc in on a regular base just to see "try again later"?

i'm almost tired of playing gears 3 every weekend for the achievements and there are the servers runnig for sure!

It's not a huge sacrifice, I'm playing stg almost every evening, not a big deal to load up Frontlines for 2 minutes and check the status while I'm goin'out for a smoke:) We are speaking abt 3 very easy and absolutely not time consuming cheevos, worth to spare some mins daily to be in picture instead of counting the game as one of the "won't be 1000G ever" section of my collection...:)

if you are willing to do that *thumpsup*

it would be awesome if you could post it here should the servers be up someday

so long...

I'll do, besides that one of my friends on XBL will do the same in different time frame bcs he's at EST, an other one started to collect people on TrueAchievements for a future session when it will work... one game pissed me off extremely bcs of 2 unobtainable zero-pointer cheevos (Kane and Lynch) hopefully Frontlines won't be the 2nd...