Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #31
SabreOscar

Send a message via AIM to SabreOscar

o0 SABRE 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Im double posting for a reason. Look at the time of my previous post and then look at the time of this one.

In this short period of time I got 4 epics. My set shoulders, set helm, and 2 runes. This is the best glitch ever!

edit: FYI My Loot Drop Chance is only 14%

^Thanks to Refined Suicide for the Sig^
<<Thanks to xFortyseven for the Avatar

Follow Me At:
@MilitaryGamer on Twitter
http://militarygamer.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SabreOscar; 05-10-2009 at 10:50 PM.
SabreOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #32
BarbaricGoose

Richard Bastion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreOscar View Post
Im double posting for a reason. Look at the time of my previous post and then look at the time of this one.

In this short period of time I got 4 epics. My set shoulders, set helm, and 2 runes. This is the best glitch ever!

edit: FYI My Loot Drop Chance is only 14%
Hot damn.

Congratulations!

I had very similar luck when I first figured it out. Or rather, thought I figured it out.

BarbaricGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #33
Zilding

Zilding's Gamercard
Verified it works. My guess is that it would work by killing Hod as well, although that'd be far more of a pain in the butt. Grendle and Hod's drops have to go to you immediately because the level end a few seconds after they die -- you'd get screwed out of your goodies if you killed them from a distance with a ranged weapon. Looks like 'Go to Aesir' doesn't reset the state. I wonder what else useful that should get reset at the end of a level doesn't get reset with 'Go to Aesir'.
Zilding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 AM   #34
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilding View Post
Verified it works. My guess is that it would work by killing Hod as well, although that'd be far more of a pain in the butt. Grendle and Hod's drops have to go to you immediately because the level end a few seconds after they die -- you'd get screwed out of your goodies if you killed them from a distance with a ranged weapon. Looks like 'Go to Aesir' doesn't reset the state. I wonder what else useful that should get reset at the end of a level doesn't get reset with 'Go to Aesir'.
Now, I can't speak for Hod, but when I kill GRNDL, I find that I've a good 12 seconds or so before the level ends, and I get sent to Aesir. Getting the loot has never been a problem for me. And I'm usually on my Commando, so if I can do it, I think anyone can.

Course, I never end up killing from max range, so perhaps doing so could yield a problem. But that's easy enough to fix.

I may at some point test whether or not it works on other bosses, but, GRNDL is by far the easiest to kill, and definitely the easiest to get to. So, unless killing the other bosses to activate the glitch has some benefit such as increased loot chance -- which I doubt -- I think we'll just be killing GRNDL, anyway.

Best regards,
Richard.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #35
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Its just a precautionary measure put in by the developers. You can imagine the abuse the game would suffer if some 10 year olds didnt get their greens from GRNDL because the level ended too soon.
Hod would probably work, but if you ask me theres no reason to bother trying it, as you spend longer getting to Hod and the fight is more tiresome than simply shooting GRNDL for 30 seconds.

Glad you got it working Sabre. You got hot luck right there, fancy doing some farming on myb behalf?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #36
Elendanis

Send a message via Yahoo to Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
Sounds interesting...i remember when conveyor belt runs were the way to go...lol anyways, when i pick this game back up i will be glad to test this method.
Elendanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #37
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

We have tested it. Extensively. It works, period. The phrase you were looking for was "great find goose, Ill be checking this out soon" I believe. Whoever said I wasnt social.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #38
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendanis View Post
Sounds interesting...i remember when conveyor belt runs were the way to go...lol anyways, when i pick this game back up i will be glad to test this method.
I can personally guarantee the trick will work for ya. Enjoy it!

Completely off topic here; Ashen Chrome color module is fantastic.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #39
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Never tried Ashen Chrome, Absolute Zero gives a nice black though. Tear Drop is another of my favourites.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #40
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSwitch View Post
Never tried Ashen Chrome, Absolute Zero gives a nice black though. Tear Drop is another of my favourites.
It's dark grey with light white & gold accents. There have been others that have struck me as purrty, but, unfortunately, I don't remember them. World tree might've been one.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #41
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Sweet, Ill check it out. Tear drop gives a good metallic blue kind of colour, tis nice looking. Ashen Chrome sounds good, I'll be trying ito ut pretty soon.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #42
SabreOscar

Send a message via AIM to SabreOscar

o0 SABRE 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Im averageing 700 items collected an hour with this new method. Epic drops have varried but Im still getting 5-8 of them a hour. Anyone else seeing less or more?

im keeping track of my items collected by looking at the leaderboard before and after my spider farming sessions.

^Thanks to Refined Suicide for the Sig^
<<Thanks to xFortyseven for the Avatar

Follow Me At:
@MilitaryGamer on Twitter
http://militarygamer.blogspot.com/
SabreOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #43
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreOscar View Post
Im averageing 700 items collected an hour with this new method. Epic drops have varried but Im still getting 5-8 of them a hour. Anyone else seeing less or more?

im keeping track of my items collected by looking at the leaderboard before and after my spider farming sessions.
Haven't yet done that.

I'll do that and show the results next time I decide to farm.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #44
Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
I got my 7,500 items from playing over and over again before the methods came out for farming armor...i have at least 200 hours put into one character XD
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #45
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

I have about 26 thousand items atm I think. Havnt checked lately. Might start checking it like you are Sabre, get some numbers. I'll post some numbers, and time my farming too. Items per hour, number of kills etc.

I'll let you guys know.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #46
qfingers

Another note, this seems to work well before you get to the door with the spider to farm. It was working the whole way from the start of 3-4. (although most of the time i was melee range anyways, i did try killing from a range and it worked). I couldnt find my camera, otherwise i would of posted a vid; but im sure its repeatable.

Quote:
a resident developer stalking these forums to clarify coding and technical matters
well, not a game dev here, but a dev, nonetheless.

loot would be considered an 'object', which has 'properties'; like name, type, rarity.... one of these would be something like 'decayTime' which would be the time from spawn until it gets pulled to you automatically. its default is a minute or so(i'd be surprised if Flip didnt time this at least once ). so every time loot is spawned, it is created with a 1 min decaytime, which continually goes down. When you kill GRNDL, however, it changes that default time, to zero. Quitting right to Aseir would skip resetting the default time.

/end idea

of course, the devs could implement this a dozen different ways. just thought i'd share one.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #47
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

We have already discussed that in earlier posts I believe, yes, the glitch takes effect far before the spider. Since the code affecting the loot is independant of all the levels (aside from 1-3, obviously) it will work on any level, at any time provided it has been activated by killing GRNDL and not cancelled.

Indeed. I do know about objects and things, and I meant a dev to confirm how they did certain things to satisfy our curiosity.

If the "decayTime" was set to zero, the loot would automatically travel to you from GRNDL, but this is not the case. You still have to run and collect the loot that GRNDL drops, which indicates to me that the code that orders the loot to be collected is linked to either a standard timer or a value that indicates when the game is going to port you back to Aesir, my money is on the latter.

Another thought I just had is it could be a previously existing code acting in a different way, rather than a unique method created specifically for the end of HoH. My thinking is that the code that is being activated could be the same code that orders loot to be collected whenever you leave an area or room, and that at the end of the GRNDL fight it considers porting you back to Aesir the same as you leaving the room, and therefore tells the loot in that area to be collected. It stands to reason. Quitting before the port is actually implemented causes the game to continue calling on that particular method, thus giving you all the loot in the room constantly.

If this is the case, it would be a damn good thing because it would mean it's harder to rectify in a patch. Although I'd say a patch at this stage is an unlikely prospect.

Another idea.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
Richie Marley

Richie Marley's Gamercard
amazing find goose this has exponentially increased the rate in which i gain credits and elite/aesir pieces as usually i only wait for the drops if they are red
have gotten 2 pieces of aesir in the half hour that i have been using this so thank you very much
your find is much appreciated
Richie Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #49
Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Marley View Post
amazing find goose this has exponentially increased the rate in which i gain credits and elite/aesir pieces as usually i only wait for the drops if they are red
have gotten 2 pieces of aesir in the half hour that i have been using this so thank you very much
I could have sworn you said you already had a great way of getting elites hmmm...? -points to your older thread-
Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #50
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Heh. Now now, put your handbag down Elandanis. I personally am interested to know his uber methods, but let's not complain about him giving credit where credit's due.

However, perhaps Marley would be so kind as to let us know how he did it before, and what all his research turned up. Cheers.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #51
Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSwitch View Post
Heh. Now now, put your handbag down Elandanis. I personally am interested to know his uber methods, but let's not complain about him giving credit where credit's due.

However, perhaps Marley would be so kind as to let us know how he did it before, and what all his research turned up. Cheers.
-puts hand bag down- well i would to..hopefully he can show us his ultimate method....i would like to get rares every kill lol
Old 05-15-2009, 02:31 AM   #52
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Glad it's workin' for ya! Happy to help.

About how much items are yielded per hour; I haven't gotten a chance to hunker down for an hour and do the glitch, but I was able to do it for about 30 minutes, in which time I got about 5 epics, think it was 3 runes, 1 elite set piece & a weapon, and about 150 items or so? I ran the full HoH -- long story -- so it's probably more, or less than 150. 150 seems about right, though as I had to salvage about 3 times during the 30 minutes.

Got about 10 mill in bounty.

Best regards,
Richard.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #53
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

I've not managed to check it thoroughly either, but your numbers sound about right Goose.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #54
Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
getting my game back today, i will test it out
Old 05-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #55
MesoZombie

MesoZombie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
very nice find, have to work this in before i get back into too human, but after i get done with dead space
MesoZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #56
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Dead Space, great game. I'd recomend this tactic to anyone. Saves so much time it's unbelievable.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #57
Richie Marley

anyone get this to work on multi player?
i can do it single no prob but multi doesnt seem to be working for me
Old 05-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #58
BarbaricGoose

Edit: Guide's been updated with all current knowledge, and a sexy, pink, attention drawing color.

PS: Dead Space rocks. Haven't had time to get 1,000/1,000 yet, but I'm only missing One Gun & impossible mode.

Last edited by BarbaricGoose; 05-16-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #59
Richie Marley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricGoose View Post
Can't help you if you don't go into a little more detail..

I've Only done it in Multiplayer. Literally have not ever attempted it in Single Player.

What have you done to try to get it to work? You may've found a way to stop the glitch from working, so more information would be greatly appreciated, so I can then update Troubleshooting section of the guide. Giving credit where it's due, of course.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Richard.

PS: Dead Space rocks. Haven't had time to get 1,000/1,000 yet, but I'm only missing One Gun & impossible mode.

the method i used for multi was do a 1-3 run, kill grndl, go to aesir as soon as i acquire his drops and then instantly go to 4-3 and follow your instructions from there with both people waiting at the door
did you only have one person waiting at the door? because the 3 times i tried it in multi we both stood right at the spot that activates the door, wait the 5 or so seconds for it to load and open and then proceeded to kill the spider with no results
Old 05-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #60
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
the method i used for multi was do a 1-3 run, kill grndl, go to aesir as soon as i acquire his drops and then instantly go to 4-3 and follow your instructions from there with both people waiting at the door
did you only have one person waiting at the door? because the 3 times i tried it in multi we both stood right at the spot that activates the door, wait the 5 or so seconds for it to load and open and then proceeded to kill the spider with no results
Well, as I said, I haven't tested everything. Doing it with 2 people is something I had not tested. That's probably one way to make it not work. I'll update the guide, and test it myself later.

Thanks!

Edit: Would anyone like to help me to help test this? I'd rather not host a game and then spring this upon some random person who has no idea WTF the glitch is and only wants to run Helheim.

I'd appreciate it!

Last edited by BarbaricGoose; 05-16-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Requesting Help.