PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
HouseOfSyn

HouseOfSyn's Gamercard
Top Battlefield moments.

Thought it'd be interesting to hear some actions on the battlefield which are totally awesome (and make you realise you'll never go back to Call of Duty).

Operation Hastings, Rush, as the attackers. Our team was being totally raped by snipers and mortars on the first objective (Whats new there?) so I sneak around and flank 5 dug-in snipers peering into our base. I cut them down with my M60 Rambo style.

Heavy Metal, Conquest, as the Russians. A level 50 and his level 4 buddy prowling the map in the Apache and nailing any amour we send out. I jump on the anti-tank gun by B base and score a hit on the tail of the Apache as it hovers low firing at our armour moving up from A. Popped the "steady aim" achievement into the bargain.

Oasis, Conquest, as the Russians. Grenading a pesky sniper who'd kept most of our team pinned down for what seemed like the entire match. He was shooting from inside a building with stairs leading up from the outside, my team kept him pinned down while I crept up underneath his window and fragged his ass.

Damn I love this game.

Last edited by HouseOfSyn; 03-23-2011 at 09:25 PM.
HouseOfSyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One day back in summer I got to a Rush on Port Valdez that my friends were playing on. Now the game was evil and didn't let me play along with my friends and kicked me on the defending team. Now my mates are good gamers and they got through the first base fast and were clearing the base up. As I was on partychat with them I could hear them talking and as they were clearing the house behing Alpha I sneaked behind them and managed to knife three of them and shoot the fourth one. It was really fun to hear my mates, "There is a bad guy behind us." "It's Unter!" "Someone get him!". Also I managed to escape to the next base.

Then once on Arica Harbour I noticed a bunch of guys in the last base between the crates next to water. When I managed to sneak behind them there was only two of them there. Now I knifed one of them and a guy spawns right were he was. Knife again and another guy spawns there. Knife again but this time no spawn. Thankfully there was still that other original guy in there.

But best times have been when me and seven other of my friends were in the same side and we just plowed through every match we got in.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
My best moment was on the map where you parachute in with two armoured vehicles on the top of the hill. One guy jumped in the tank to drive and I took the second seat as an engineer. We kept that first tank alive all the way to the end of the map, we worked great together as a team with him backing away from the fight just at the right time to allow me to repair, and all without any microphones for coordination.

I love playing as the support classes, engineer/medic and doing the job they're designed to do. I may not get many kills but I'm normally near the top of the table points wise.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Too many stories, many unbelievable, and would simply result in a "Cool story bro!" comment, because I lack the video to support it. One moment that pops to mind, is flying around port Valdez where the Apache spawns on Rush, and diving down between the water and (for lack of better words) dock/breaking wall. Which barely hides the chopper while dodging rockets, AA, and other shit. I had 1 HP after it was all said and done, and flew back to start to repair

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I roadkilled the same enemy 3 times with a UAV without loosing it in a Conquest match in Nelson Bay map
Old 03-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Stickman400

Slugging the driver out of the Blackhawk from 200+ yards away with the Neostead 3 times. It's one thing to snipe them out, but slugging them just feels so much better just because you can barely even see him when you zoom in. I've had some pretty cool moments, but none of them really stand out like this one.

Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Conquest on Panama Canal.

A tank rolling from A to B (in the warehouse where a friend and I are) takes a pop shot while mortars rain down just outside. I pop some smoke and we make a dash for it and land in a crater created by the tank and mortars. Just as we're getting our bearings as the smoke clears we see the tank rolling right towards us. We duck down the crater and it ups and overs the lip of the crater, we slap C4 on its belly and make a dash out of there from both sides and detonate.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
HouseOfSyn

HouseOfSyn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post

A tank rolling from A to B (in the warehouse where a friend and I are) takes a pop shot while mortars rain down just outside. I pop some smoke and we make a dash for it and land in a crater created by the tank and mortars. Just as we're getting our bearings as the smoke clears we see the tank rolling right towards us. We duck down the crater and it ups and overs the lip of the crater, we slap C4 on its belly and make a dash out of there from both sides and detonate.
Thats awesome! Now what other game could give you something like that online?
HouseOfSyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #9
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman400 View Post
Slugging the driver out of the Blackhawk from 200+ yards away with the Neostead 3 times. It's one thing to snipe them out, but slugging them just feels so much better just because you can barely even see him when you zoom in. I've had some pretty cool moments, but none of them really stand out like this one.
I just wanted to say I sniped a guy out of a chopper twice max? Once for sure, and at the time I wasn't really trying, I was kind of just taking pot shots hoping for the best. That said, I've seen PC gameplay vids of kids that can do it like it's nothing. Makes me jealous lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseOfSyn View Post
Thats awesome! Now what other game could give you something like that online?
Amen /b/rother! I couldn't agree more lol.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
I just wanted to say I sniped a guy out of a chopper twice max? Once for sure, and at the time I wasn't really trying, I was kind of just taking pot shots hoping for the best. That said, I've seen PC gameplay vids of kids that can do it like it's nothing. Makes me jealous lol
Haha yeah same I've only managed to do it bout twice, but damn is it awesome when you do! There are just too many top Battlefield moments, from 1942 through to Bad Company 2. It's why I will keep coming back to BF for as long as I can.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #11
namepending

Too Busy Gaming's Gamercard
i am going to have to agree with the fact tht there are so many moments but one that comes to mind is:

on port valdez i was on the opposite team from my one friend i was playing with 12 vs 12 so i couldnt switch and i was defending and trying to sneak around and knife him the entire game for no other reason than to get his dogtags...i finally got them when i jumped in the blackhawk...flew up and forward... not 2 seconds into my flight i notice him right below me...so the most logical thing to do? jump out of the blackhawk and parachuting through his bullets as he is screaming and shooting just to knife him straight in the face...

sorry for the long paragraph for such a short story...
Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #12
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Ooh, I've had so many! I wish there was a theatre mode! Battlefield 3 definitely needs this. I've had headshots from over hundred of feet away as a recon and so many explosions!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
ONI recon 111

Oni Recon 111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumMelanin View Post
Ooh, I've had so many! I wish there was a theatre mode! Battlefield 3 definitely needs this. I've had headshots from over hundred of feet away as a recon and so many explosions!
If i remember correctly, one of the devs at DICE said they were looking into a theatre mode for BF3. I hope they do it too, so many awesome or epic things happen in battlefield, it'd be a shame to not include it.
ONI recon 111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Kisushima

Kisushima's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by namepending View Post
i am going to have to agree with the fact tht there are so many moments but one that comes to mind is:

on port valdez i was on the opposite team from my one friend i was playing with 12 vs 12 so i couldnt switch and i was defending and trying to sneak around and knife him the entire game for no other reason than to get his dogtags...i finally got them when i jumped in the blackhawk...flew up and forward... not 2 seconds into my flight i notice him right below me...so the most logical thing to do? jump out of the blackhawk and parachuting through his bullets as he is screaming and shooting just to knife him straight in the face...

sorry for the long paragraph for such a short story...
Sexy kill there :P. I did something similar. Jumping over a cliff and knifing in the face. Feels SO good.

Probably a favourite was Cold War, attacking. Was sniping on the attackers side over Kirlenko's Takeoff. I threw down a 'Motion Mine' but it soon went away. Then.. I just had a feeling someone was behind me. I swung round and pulled the trigger of my Gol. Took out a sniper that was mid knife. Felt VERY good. It was definately one of those "U MAD BRO!?" moments..

Kisushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn's Gamercard
A couple of hilarious moments, but I remember one time, getting bored whilst attacking on Port Valdez, at the final Rush point. I was rocketing hell out of the building, it was clear we were going to win, but rather than destroy the building, I decided to let the opposition do it for me, and hovered in front of the building dodging rockets (not very well I might add) and eventually they brought down their own objective. LOL. Got a lot of hate on the next round.

________
Retail 1000's: 6 | Latest: Assassin's Creed II
Arcade 200's: 2 | Latest: Harm's Way
TimmyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Well this one time, I was on a 42 killing spree with the UAV! On Laguna Presa attacking, best game ever only got shot down twice so I just kept waiting for the UAV to spawn again. This other time in Vietnam, I took a out a Huey with 5 guys in it with a tank! Seexy!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
APX

Send a message via AIM to APX

SnA Lord APX's Gamercard

Conquest: Operation Hastings First game I get after a 3-6 month absence from playing Blur/Homefront.

Rolling around in a tank, getting used to the controls and stuff, 2 choppers try to take me out at once, I shoot one (Thank you Bad Company 1 tank skillz) out the sky with 3 people in it. Second one tries to go for a repair on the other side of the map, I shoot about... 3 inches away from it? Nail it on the first shot, 2 guys dead.

End of the round... I take out 6 choppers with 2+ guys in it.

<3 Battlefield when i'm in a mood to piss people off.

SnA - Shock n Awe.
Game Battles: 52-0 overall on BC2, Undefeated.
Taking over Battlefield on Consoles since Modern Combat.

Best knife user in the Battlefield Series, just try it.
APX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #18
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

i was in a chopper on the nam level a tank's machine gun finishes my chopper, in the brief second u have 2 get out i did opened my parachute and hit the tank with my rpg while like 60 feet above the ground parachuting getting a double kill, landed in the water a sniper was like 3 feet away from where i landed and i collected my gold dog tag, and said "wtf just happened"
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
stevie vip 99

stevie vip 99's Gamercard
Everytime i play is a great moment, this game just makes me smile. Hadn't played for a long time until i got all the DLC this week, i'm getting my ass kicked but it's no problem.

This game rocks long and hard
Old 04-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
matdan1212

matdan1212's Gamercard
I remember Hill 137 like it was yesterday (which it was), I was back up in a corner and 5 guys came at me and I got them all with a flamethrower. Now that is one awesome weapon.
On Valparaiso I remember firing a random shot of my Gustav in the direction of Black Hawk and as I'm bolting to the next base, I'm rewarded with bits of Black Hawk raining down.
matdan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
ZacAttack159357

delete/ignore

Last edited by ZacAttack159357; 04-10-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #22
ZacAttack159357

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
Everytime i play is a great moment, this game just makes me smile. Hadn't played for a long time until i got all the DLC this week, i'm getting my ass kicked but it's no problem.

This game rocks long and hard
Thats what she said
sorry but i just had 2 say it

Old 04-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
APX

Send a message via AIM to APX

SnA Lord APX's Gamercard

Double post ftw?

SnA - Shock n Awe.
Game Battles: 52-0 overall on BC2, Undefeated.
Taking over Battlefield on Consoles since Modern Combat.

Best knife user in the Battlefield Series, just try it.
APX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #24
ZacAttack159357

sorry for some reason my 1st didnt appear so i edited it and picked submit againand that happened :/

Old 04-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #25
Frankyg88

Frankyg88's Gamercard
Isle inocentes? If that's it.

Defending the last crate on the first base as two black hawks circle the island raining death on our team as the objective is armed.

Fire one rocket and take out one black hawk only to have 4 people jump out and defend the objective until it explodes, I switch to my ump and make a covering fire retreat.

Me and my buddy escape via the handy jet skis, he drives I ride bitch. Just as we set off, over the brow of the island the blackhawk I didn't shoot down comes full speed with two gunners blasting away at us. My mate starts zig zagging bouncing on the waves as I franticly try to reload my rocket launcher (forgot to do it after my previous shot due to enemies)

We get half way to the next island still being hunted by the chopper when I finally reload my rpg and fire without a second to think, hit the pilot in the face, the chopper flips over our jet ski and we get a nice lift off the chopper as we run over it's broken flaiming body in the jet ski...

Most awesome moment in my gaming history!!!
Frankyg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #26
Hokie Ghost

FNSUITE GHOST's Gamercard
Smoke grenade killz

My squadmate/friend getting 3 smoke grenade kills in one match on the same guy... ensuing maniacal laughter for 2 minutes!

also high up there is getting a road kill the first time i found/used the TUK TUK!

sniper friend sitting on top of helicopter as we take off, stays on top of blades as we fly around and snipes an enemy for a skill/marksman headshot halfway across the map

learning the hard way that UAV's can be pre-loaded with C4... 'uav lands next to me, WTF is that uav doing? BOOM! ohhhhhhhh.... nice!'

Last edited by Hokie Ghost; 04-10-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added
Hokie Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #27
EliteCookie

el1tecookie's Gamercard
This happened 20 minutes ago.

I was wondering what the 40mm smoke launcher does.
Cause I usually use the grenade launcher and the shotgun is pretty obvious.
And then I spawned and saw an ATV speeding towards me up the ramp.
No time to react, I fired with my 40mm smoke launcer. The ATV blew up flying over my head. It was epic. I cannot find much other use for the smoke launcher though...
EliteCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
StickNutzman

StickNutzman's Gamercard
Mines.

Most of my memorable battlefield moments include the copious spamming of mines. Engineer + Explosive Upgrade + Mines = awesome.

The absolute best, though, was on a Heavy Metal conquest game where the other team was raping us with the Apache. I had at least 10 mines laid around the central flag point. With most of our team wiped out, the Apache pilot thought he would land and let his other teammate out to capture the base. But... he landed right on one of my mines. BOOM!

Another good one was on Port Valdez, right before the 2nd base. An enemy engineer was wisely spamming mines at the bottleneck at the front of the base. I was approaching in a tank, and they had a tank heading out to meet me. The enemy tank stopped right in front of one of the engineer's mines... which I promptly shot and blew them all to kingdom come. BOOM!
StickNutzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #29
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteCookie View Post
I cannot find much other use for the smoke launcher though...
Block line of sights. Have to cross open terrain -> use smokes = no open terrain anymore.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
EliteCookie

el1tecookie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unterofficer View Post
Block line of sights. Have to cross open terrain -> use smokes = no open terrain anymore.
Yeah, I know it supposed to do that, but it seems to me that it just doesn't produce enough smoke to be of any use.
EliteCookie is offline   Reply With Quote