PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Single Player

any tips?
i suck at it. and cant even beat the first mission.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
codedigital

Send a message via AIM to codedigital

Code x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xToMmYx 410 View Post
any tips?
i suck at it. and cant even beat the first mission.
On Realistic?

Take your time.

If you still can't beat the first I suggest it might be time to give it up.
codedigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
ye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyf1re View Post
Smoke grenades, shields, taking your time, sending your squad in first, flashbangs...

All of the above will help you get through the storymode on realistic. The most important thing though, is patience. Without it, you will become frustrated very early on and want to quit. It will take time, and many re-tries, but you WILL get it if you stick with it
yea im talking bout realistic.
but yea i was getting mad as soon as i failed first.
but now im taking my time going through the level carefully and watching my back =]
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
sln333

Send a message via Yahoo to sln333

sln333's Gamercard
make sure that you make good use of cover. survey the situation around you and look for the best cover that will provide cover and a vantage point for firing. you may want to have your squad fire from one position while you flank.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
xFATALxSNIPERx

Send a message via AIM to xFATALxSNIPERx

xFATALxSNIPERx's Gamercard
im on downtown vegas on realistic, and i have only gotten that far because my squad has helped me immensely. i make them go around every corner for me. when i first tryed realistic, i was just playing carelessly and not watching my back, etc., and i was getting annihalated.
xFATALxSNIPERx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
MoB Lonewolf

Send a message via AIM to MoB Lonewolf

Hired Gun NX's Gamercard
no, your squad may be a bunch of idiots but they are also bullet sponges, if you dont know where a guy is then send your team to the middle of the room and watch either where they shoot or where they get shot from. also use your map, more times than one enimes will apear on your map, giving away there position, allowing you to gun them down.
MoB Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
MrEastSide

Colonel Weener's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sending your squad in ahead of you is the first piece of advice I would give. Even though they are dumb sometimes... Sometimes they are very smart and will clear out an otherwise hard room for you. That being said, smoke and flashbangs or grenades will help tremendously as well. I would also suggest taking a sniper rifle with you for 90% of the game preferably the PSG1 due to it's quicker firing. With a sniper rifle you can easily hang back in a lot of situations and pick apart half of the rooms with ease making it a breeze for your squad to go in and clean up.

Also, most checkpoints are not that far apart. You usually have to go through 2 areas filled with enemies and then you hit a checkpoint. So if you're incredibly stuck I would recommend going into a room several times expecting to die just to learn where the enemies usually come from. After several times through the same area I was able to easily pick apart a room the second I opened the door.
After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes, but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hairs grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

MrEastSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
XxCARBONKIDxX
Banned User

CARBONKID2's Gamercard
UM JUST STAY IN COVER, BUT REMEMBER TO TAKE SOME RISKS
XxCARBONKIDxX is offline   Reply With Quote