PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

Location: In this distorted world where everything is twisted ...

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Overview:
  • Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
  • Offline: 8 (110)
  • Online: 4 (90)
  • Approximate amount of time to 200: 10+ hours (depending on skill)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 Arcade Mode
  • Number of missable achievements None
  • Glitched achievements: None
  • Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats
  • Does difficulty affect achievements? No
This game is not hard at all until you go into the Ranked achievements that is. 100 Wins is pretty time consuming , but its time you will enjoy , however performing 1 character victories 50 times might be a bit difficult for those new to the game.

Introduction
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is one of the most popular games to date. The old gen copies of the games sold for a hundred dollars or more on the internet. Now the game has been brought to the xbox live arcade at the cheap cost of 1200 microsoft points (15 dollars), compared to what it was selling for online, this is a great deal, and it is remade in High Definition with the full roster characters already unlocked.

This games only challenge (achievement wise) are the ranked matches, which will be described in step#3

Step#1 Arcade Mode

Arcade mode is relatively easy however if your a Veteran from the previous version you will notice a significant difficulty change which could really mess you up ... even on easy, you only have to go through it 3 times (If you use 3x Wolverine for "Avengers Assemble" & "Uncanny Heroes"). Look under "World Warriors" for more details.

Step#2 Multiplayer Achievements

The 4 achievements you can get at this time are "I am Doom", "Hyakuretsu Kyaku","Berserker Barrage" & "Shun Goku Satsu". This can easily be done in multiplayer versus, if you have a second controller you can use that (however using a second controller you will need another gamer profile to sign in, if you dont have one just make quick one just for this purpose) , if you dont have a second controller find a boosting partner and do it in a player match, just following the method under the achievement description in the guide.

Step#3 Xbox live

This will be the hardest task yet, having to win 100 matches, Land 10 Snapbacks for "Get out of Here!!!" and perform one character victories for your "The Best There is (At what i do) achievement. If your having trouble winning then i advise you try different characters until you find a team more suitable for your playing style. Boosting is very much possible, however the chances to even attempt it will not be in your favor until MvC2's Game Lobbies die down. If you get the chance to boost, the way to do it is to have one person host matches and to have the other search for their match and once you've found it, remember the PING of the room and keep joining it for that boosting session or if you have a friend living close by, try playing online at each other others house , using the same connection and the PING youll get for each other will be 0 (Credit: Agent JFG)

In these Ranked achievements youll see
"Perform _______ xx times within 20 unique teams"
That simply means you must perform the task within your last 20 unique teams played, view the example here (Credit:
iNf3Rn0 Lan).You can perform the task with just one team if you prefer to make things alot easier for you. To have a different unique team you can have (Ryu, Ken, Akuma) or (Ryu, Ken, Dan), even just one character change will make it a new unique team.
The privilege to pick the same character multiple times is disabled during ranked matches , so teams like (Ryu, Ryu, Ken) are not possible

Conclusion
This is overall a fun game. Anyone whose played it before will have no problem spending hours and hours on it to get their full 200 and possibly stay to play a great classic game.

(This Guide is a group effort guide of Berserkerninja & myself)

Last edited by SetsunaFSeiei; 08-26-2009 at 05:12 AM.
SetsunaFSeiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Mega Buster - 10
Win 50 Ranked Matches online.
See "#1 in the Hood"

#1 in the Hood - 20

Win 100 Ranked Matches online.
Theres no real tactic for this achievement. Just practice and good luck online especially with all the pros and spammers online. If your having trouble finding a match , just create your own room and wait for someone to enter or look under custom matches, Quick Matches rarely show any results. If you want to check your progress you can go into the Leaderboard and look under "My Score" showing the amount of Wins and Loses you have.

I Am Doom - 20
Defeat opponent in under 15 seconds. (Multiplayer)
All you need to do is defeat the opponents TEAM within 15 seconds , This is recommended to be done with a partner or with a second controller.

Go into the Game Settings and set the timer to 30 seconds and the Damage level to 4. Before picking the characters, set your handicap to the highest level and your opponents to the lowest level. Pick Magneto (and any other unneeded characters) against 3 Rolls
Use Magneto
's + against the team for a fast victory. If the timer hits 15 seconds then try again, however that shouldnt be the case.

[Credit to IGN's Video]

Hyakuretsu Kyaku - 10

Perform a 100 hit combo. (Multiplayer)
See "Beserker Barrage"

Berserker Barrage - 20

Perform a 200 hit combo. (Multiplayer)
Pick Iron man, Cable, BB Hood (in that order) as Projectile types. Have a friend/second controller pick Amingo (Heal type) as all three charaters. build up Amingo team's Hyper meter to 4 and your team to 5 (max). Do this by kicking the air, not each other.

Hit the Team hyper combo (+) for amingo, then immediately hit your team's.
(Credit:RRIKER)

OR if you have to do this in a Player Match

Pick Iron man, Cable, BB Hood (in that order) as Projectile types. Have a friend/second controller pick Blackheart, Juggernaut and Sentinel. Build up your level meter to 3 on both sides.Do this by kicking the air, not each other. Finally have your friend perform the team hyper combo , immediately after you must perform yours and that should land you your 200 hits.
(Credit: 100Proof)

Shun Goku Satsu - 10

Perform a 3 part hyper combo. (Multiplayer)
To
perform a 3 part hyper combo you must have 3 Level bars. Basically your going to perform your first characters special, then interrupt the special during the middle of it by inputting your next characters special and then repeat with the last one. This is called a Delayed Hyper Combo (DHC)

Check your characters movelist for the moveset to do their hyper combos. If your having difficulty reading the game menus movelist then go into the options and read "How to Play" or use these move lists for easier understanding: Marvel/Capcom

For this achievement you could also just use the same character 3 times (If your playing Local). You can use Cables Hyper Viper 3 times (+)
3 part DHC This is a Team Hyper Combo

The Best There Is (At What I Do) - 50

Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)
A One Character Victory is when you win using only one character, the one you started with.
Do this 50 times with your last 20 unique teams. View more details on unique teams in Step#3 of the Roadmap.

This will be quite a challenge, i cant give you a specific tactic besides train. You cannot switch characters however you can use assist. I recommend using your best character and the best assists that fit your play style.
To keep track of your One character Victories you can check under gamercards HERE

Get Out Of Here!!! - 10
Perform 10 snapbacks within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)
A snapback is when you force the opponent to switch characters. Snapbacks can be performed with +
/ when you have 1 special bar. A snapback will freeze the battle for a second, diming the background and showing a yellow light from the tip of your characters attack

Do this 10 times with your last 20 unique teams of your choice.

You can do this in just one match as long as you performed the 10 snapbacks. You must be close to the enemy to land a snapback so i dont recommend trying this against very skilled or cheap players

Last edited by SetsunaFSeiei; 08-26-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Avengers Assemble! - 20

Beat the game with Avengers theme team. (Arcade Mode)
These achievements can be done on EASY, however you CANNOT use continues and you cannot save yourself with a second controller. You can unlock "Avengers Assemble" and "Uncanny Heroes" at the same time by using 3x Wolverine

These are my recommended settings:
TIMER: 30 seconds
Damage Level : 1

If your having trouble i recommend playing keep away while building your level bars, once your at 3 perform a Team Hyper Combo and then run out the time. During the fight with Abyss you can literally block the entire time and run out the timer for easy wins with the damage level at 1.

Beat Aracde mode with a team comprised with any 3 of the following characters:

• Captain America
  • Hulk
  • Iron Man
  • Spiderman
  • War Machine
  • Wolverine
  • Wolverine (Bone Claw)
Recommended Beginner Team: 3x Iron Man

Vampire Saviors - 10

Beat the game with Darkstalkers theme team. (Arcade Mode)

• Anakaris
  • Baby Bonnie Hood
  • Felicia
  • Morrigan Aensland
Recommended Beginner Team: 3x Morrigan or B.B.Hood

Uncanny Heroes - 10
Beat the game with X-Men theme team. (Arcade Mode)

• Cable
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Gambit
  • Iceman
  • Magneto
  • Psylocke
  • Rogue
  • Storm
  • Wolverine
  • Wolverine (Bone Claws)
Recommended Beginner Team: 3x Cable

World Warriors - 10
Beat the game with Street Fighter theme team. (Arcade Mode)

• Akuma
  • Cammy
  • Charlie
  • Chun-Li
  • Dan Hibiki
  • Dhalism
  • Guile
  • Ken
  • M. Bison
  • Ryu
  • Sakura
  • Zangief
Recommended Beginner Team: 3x Ryu

For more tips on the Beginner Teams, please check this thread (Credit: BenWo)

Last edited by SetsunaFSeiei; 08-22-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Last Reserve , I dont think itll take much space with 12 achievements
Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Bump, Since i dont think anyone would see it on page 2

Pants unlocked it now, 2 days before release, Guides finished, just need to confirm if boosting is possible or not now.

See any problems with the guide lemme know
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Awesome guide thanks =)
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:57 AM   #7
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I asked Capcom over on their official site to clear up the "The Best There Is (At What I Do) - 50" achievement and here is the official response I got:

When it says within 20 unique teams, that means that you have to perform that achievment within 20 different teams that you're playing, not 10 snapbacks with 10 teams. You can get 10 snapbacks with one team if you want to.

The heart of the reason is that we are only able to track the last 20 unique teams you've played. So it is definitly possible to spread getting 10 snap backs over the course of 20 different teams if you don't snapback very often.

An OCV is when you defeat your opponent with only one character. In other words, you never bring in your partner or use an assist.

I can't wait to see how to actually unlock the achievement, but the guide as it is might be wrong.

Last edited by BigApple3AM; 07-31-2009 at 07:56 AM.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #8
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple3AM View Post
I asked Capcom over on their official site to clear up the "The Best There Is (At What I Do) - 50" achievement and here is the official response I got from Seth Killian:

Although the wording is a bit obtuse, I believe the requirement is that you get 50 wins where you don't lose a single character (so not a perfect, but all 3 of your teammates survive). I'm not sure yet whether you can tag in different teammates in the course of the achievement, or whether you have to just play your starting character the whole time. I believe you can tag in whoever you like, so long as you don't lose any teammates.

I can't wait to see how to actually unlock the achievement, but the guide as it is might be wrong.
"(so not a perfect, but all 3 of your teammates survive)" I think that pretty much defines a one character victory, if you win with just your first character then of course they'll survive

As for the next part of it, Im going to assume you cant switch players (otherwise the whole 1 character description would make completely no sense) ... i hope you can use assist's for the achievement

Thanks for the information , hopefully we can get more confirmation on his later
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Was using Sentinal and I didn't get the Uncanny achievement, you must be using actual memebers of the X-Men.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional

Last edited by mcnichoj; 07-29-2009 at 10:22 AM.
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
You might have to do it without continuing. The IGN video guide mentioned that, and I just beat it with Cable, Cyclops, and Gambit (after continuing once) and the achievement did not unlock.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Then I'll never get those damn achievements, I keep randomly getting killed.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
WackFiend

Send a message via AIM to WackFiend

WackFiend's Gamercard
I wanted to point out that for the I Am Doom achievement, you have to kill ALL opponents within 15 seconds. I killed the first in like 4, and it didn't unlock until I killed all three, which was in about 14.

Also, what is the best way to get the 3 hyper move combo? Does it have to be all in one combo? Because I don't know if they are executable that fast. I tried with Iron Man, and I got three hypers off as fast as I could, but I can't even get in the next one without the combo disappearing.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
An easier way to do Berserker Barrage is similar to the IGN way except for picking Cable three times on the same team.

Pick Cable x3 and the same opposing team as before or any combination of the 3 (Sent, Jug, Blackheart.) since they all have high health. Build meter to 3 bars on each side.
Then press Assist 1 + Assist 2 with Cable x3 first then the same thing second controller right after.

I was having trouble getting 200 hits until I did this and it's 223-265 hits almost everytime.

Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 07-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.
yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #14
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jNerd View Post
Hey scooter, you should fix yer f---ing guide. Don't just post shit & assume you're right. Your X-Men achievment is full of Grade-A bologna & I doubt your Avengers is correct.
Um, what? The guy made the guide before the game came out based on how the original played. You don't need to get so mad over it.

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
So I beat the game with Iron Man, Hulk and War Machine, no achievment.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #16
ReXXXSoprano

Triple Da GawD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
All of the arcade achievements have to be done without continuing.

Any multiplayer achievement can be done online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
An easier way to do Berserker Barrage is similar to the IGN way except for picking Cable three times on the same team.

Pick Cable x3 and the same opposing team as before or any combination of the 3 (Sent, Jug, Blackheart.) since they all have high health. Build meter to 3 bars on each side.
Then press Assist 1 + Assist 2 with Cable x3 first then the same thing second controller right after.

I was having trouble getting 200 hits until I did this and it's 223-265 hits almost everytime.
Confirmed and working. Thank You.

#TEAMGRF

Last edited by ReXXXSoprano; 07-29-2009 at 01:03 PM.
ReXXXSoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
RRIKER

RRIKER's Gamercard
Easy berserker barrage - Pick Iron man, Cable, BB Hood (in that order) as Projectile types. Have a friend/second controller pick Amingo (Heal type) as all three charaters. build up Amingo team's Hyper meter to 4 and your team to 5 (max). Do this by kicking the air, not each other.

Hit the Team hyper combo (RB+LB) for amingo, then immediately hit your team's.

You should get around 324 hits in one move, no juggling/AHVB needed. The achievement will pop right away, not at the end of the match.
RRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
Pwneral

Pwneral's Gamercard
hey, for anyone having trouble with the arcade achievements, they will unlock if you choose 3 of the same character. For e.g if ur going for the uncanny heroes cheevo, u can choose 3 cables. It might make it easier to go for 3 B.B Hoods, for that vampire achievement, cant remember the name of it.
Pwneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
I don't think sentinel counts as an x-men character i jsut did it with sentinel x3 using no continues and didn't get the achievement
conel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #20
Auxois

Auxois's Gamercard
I just beat arcade mode with Ryu, Akuma & Bison and it didn't give me the World Warriors Achievement. I think there some conditions that have to be met.
Auxois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
I'm guessing that, that was a joke?

Is Thanos really an avenger? last I heard he was a villian. And what about spiderman? he's an avenger.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
Azarift

Azarift's Gamercard
I agree with the person who posted earlier..

The maker of this guide REALLY shouldn't have just guessed at stuff, most of all the Arcade Team achievements..which is one, which no matter how much you played the original, you can't guess on.

But yeah, just beat arcade, with no continues, with Sent, Cyclops and Juggernaught, no achievement, I'm guessing that more than likely neither Sent or Juggernaught can be used for this achievement, and I'm betting Thanos doesn't count for the Avengers team either..since you know..he's not a member of the avengers, nor is he an avengers specific villian ( Or an Earth specific villian for that matter..Infinity Gauntlet was a great comic.. )

But yeah..next time, I suggest not writing a guide for a game, until you've actually got all the achievements yourself, much less before the game comes out for you to even try to test what you put into writing.
Azarift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #23
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
I got the achievement for the xmen one from using cable x3, very easy just spam heavy punch and do specials sometimes.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
BraIrma

BraIrma's Gamercard
I got the following Achievements:

Avengers Assemble: Cap, Hulk, Iron Man
World Warriors: Ryu, Ken, Gouki
Uncanny Heroes: Cyclops, Cable, Gambit
Vampire Saviors: Morrigan, BB Hood, Felicia.

ALL THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ARCADE PLAY, NO CONTINUE USED!

*When I did the Vampire Saviors, I lost the match once & continued. I didn't get the achievement. But when I did it again without any continue, it pop-up.*
Old 07-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
ferris182

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post

This is the method I used an it worked flawlessly! Thanks!
ferris182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #26
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarift View Post
I agree with the person who posted earlier..

The maker of this guide REALLY shouldn't have just guessed at stuff, most of all the Arcade Team achievements..which is one, which no matter how much you played the original, you can't guess on.

But yeah, just beat arcade, with no continues, with Sent, Cyclops and Juggernaught, no achievement, I'm guessing that more than likely neither Sent or Juggernaught can be used for this achievement, and I'm betting Thanos doesn't count for the Avengers team either..since you know..he's not a member of the avengers, nor is he an avengers specific villian ( Or an Earth specific villian for that matter..Infinity Gauntlet was a great comic.. )

But yeah..next time, I suggest not writing a guide for a game, until you've actually got all the achievements yourself, much less before the game comes out for you to even try to test what you put into writing.
Sorry for trying to help ...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
achievement guides that are wrong don't help.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #28
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by conel33 View Post
achievement guides that are wrong don't help.
then make your own!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #29
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
If people are still struggling with the Xmen and other achievements i suggest looking at the achievement tile for it =) its giving a hint out for what team to use
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #30
ferris182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwneral View Post
hey, for anyone having trouble with the arcade achievements, they will unlock if you choose 3 of the same character. For e.g if ur going for the uncanny heroes cheevo, u can choose 3 cables. It might make it easier to go for 3 B.B Hoods, for that vampire achievement, cant remember the name of it.
This also does work. I picked 3 Cables and beat the arcade mode without losing. I got the Uncanny Heroes achievement.
ferris182 is offline   Reply With Quote