PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #91
andymation

keavers85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder28 View Post
I'm on my second playthrough taking the second options on the main quests so I can get those (like siding with one of two options on the main quests for the chievos) and I sided with the werewolves and Slayer did not unlock I guess I'll get it on my third playthrough or just make a new character if the next few decision based chieves don't unlock.. despite being 20+ hours in. Took me 86 hours to beat it first time on Normal love this game so much.
i'm on my first play through now and i've totald up something like 25 hours already just doing side quests and no story line, sad hey
andymation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #92
Tomatonaut

Tomatonaut's Gamercard
I just purchased all the dlc, so I was wondering do I have to play the dlc before I beat the game and go onto awakening? Or can I play the other dlc while im playing the awakening dlc?

Thanks
Tomatonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #93
BurningBlaze21

Send a message via Skype™ to BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatonaut View Post
I just purchased all the dlc, so I was wondering do I have to play the dlc before I beat the game and go onto awakening? Or can I play the other dlc while im playing the awakening dlc?

Thanks
No, you can play the DLC whenever you like, you just have to click on new game, and select the DLC you wish to play.

I would recommend however doing the "Witch Hunt" content after you finish the main Origins campaign as it will spoil one of the endings if you do not.

50,000 gamerscore reached: Friday April 9th, 2010
BurningBlaze21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #94
Mantra

Jesas K Rist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can we reload the Persuasion achievements?
I mean, can we (for instance) go to that merchant in the first village (Lothering) and save,
Intimidate him and reload the save and Intimidate him again?

Would that count?

10k at January 13th 2009
My timezone
: GMT
Roadmaps: Castlevania: SOTN, Eets: Chowdown, Frogger
Mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #95
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
Can we reload the Persuasion achievements?
I mean, can we (for instance) go to that merchant in the first village (Lothering) and save,
Intimidate him and reload the save and Intimidate him again?

Would that count?
No....and it says so multiple times in the stickied achievement guide.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #96
Mantra

Jesas K Rist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sorry, but it doesn't say in either Persuasive nor Bully that you can't reload. Maybe you meant the Roadmap? That one, I didn't check.

10k at January 13th 2009
My timezone
: GMT
Roadmaps: Castlevania: SOTN, Eets: Chowdown, Frogger
Mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #97
gtogsx

gtogsx's Gamercard
For the story related achievements worth 10g, how is everyone getting them? Do you just start a new game and once you get one unlocked, you just start a new game and repeat?

Also what's the recommended way of getting the classes up to level 20? Thanks

gtogsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #98
DrCrauser

DrCrauser's Gamercard
Hi there to everyone,
I've got some issues with "Perfectionist" achievement.

For the first time I've finished Origins as warrior with this Dark Ritual ending and I have had A Dark Promise achievement unlocked. Then I started my second playthru with rouge, having Loghain in my party. So I allowed him to hil Archie and unlocked The Ultimate Sacrifice achievement. Reloaded my latest save before archdemon fight (door to roof) and killed this dragon by myself - with the same character as I did previously with Loghain.
Last week I started my third playthrough playing as mage and this time Alistair killed this demon.

I still have no achievement. I even tried to repeat this fight few times using the same saves and still nothing.
I don't know maybe I don't get this achievement cause I lost some saves from warrior profile - the last one before final battle and after credits.
Could anyone advice?

Last edited by DrCrauser; 05-21-2011 at 09:46 AM.
DrCrauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #99
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrauser View Post
Hi there to everyone,
I've got some issues with "Perfectionist" achievement.

For the first time I've finished Origins as warrior with this Dark Ritual ending and I have had A Dark Promise achievement unlocked. Then I started my second playthru with rouge, having Loghain in my party. So I allowed him to hil Archie and unlocked The Ultimate Sacrifice achievement. Reloaded my latest save before archdemon fight (door to roof) and killed this dragon by myself - with the same character as I did previously with Loghain.
Last week I started my third playthrough playing as mage and this time Alistair killed this demon.

I still have no achievement. I even tried to repeat this fight few times using the same saves and still nothing.
I don't know maybe I don't get this achievement cause I lost some saves from warrior profile - the last one before final battle and after credits.
Could anyone advice?

If you took Morrigan up on her offer on any of the following playthroughs after you did it on your first one then it would have counted it as the Dark Promise ending. You have to refuse Morrigan each and everytime to get the other endings. Plus losing the save prior to finishing the other playthroughs may have caused the achievement not to pop. Either way, your probably going to have to play it again for the achievement.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #100
DrCrauser

DrCrauser's Gamercard
I've got polish version which includes only 1325 G (no support for DLC).

I tried to do everything as has been written in Achievement Guide, but still have no result.
Now I'm waiting for my copy of Ultimate Edition, maybe this version will unlock achievement properly.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #101
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
I've got polish version which includes only 1325 G (no support for DLC).

I tried to do everything as has been written in Achievement Guide, but still have no result.
Now I'm waiting for my copy of Ultimate Edition, maybe this version will unlock achievement properly.
Then the only thing I can think of as to why you would not have unlocked it is because you either did the Morrigan ending twice, or it doesn't count your first run because you deleted your save.

What I would suggest is getting to the Landsmeet and save like it suggests in the achievement guide, re-do the first ending. And if it pops after that great, if it doesn't and your that dedicated to the achievement, re-load your landsmeet save and finish out the other 3 endings.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #102
DrCrauser

DrCrauser's Gamercard
Ok. I did it this way:
Loaded Landsmeet save, took Loghain into my party, saved after meeting with Riordan, declined Morrigan's offer and saved before roof.
First I killed Archdemon with main character, loaded save before roof once again and killed Archie accepting Loghain's offer and then... achievement unlocked!

Thank's BurningBlaze21
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #103
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Ok. I did it this way:
Loaded Landsmeet save, took Loghain into my party, saved after meeting with Riordan, declined Morrigan's offer and saved before roof.
First I killed Archdemon with main character, loaded save before roof once again and killed Archie accepting Loghain's offer and then... achievement unlocked!

Thank's BurningBlaze21
Congrats! Glad I could help I went though something like you did as well while trying to get this achievement.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #104
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
looking for new exciting RPG games to jump into. recently got mass effect and fell in love, still doing a number of playthrus right now. got interested in bioware (currently a member of their site), and noticed alot of talk about DA.

what kind of RPG is Dragon Age exactly, like an action? what is the time period the game is set around, are the characters and plot interesting? i love the idea of customizing a hero and building up stats/skills thru-out a game, im wondering what kind of say you have in the development of your char? such as weapons, abilities, relationships, stats ect?

even if its just broad info on the backround story of the game, any info would be appreciated. bioware impressed me greatly with mass effect, and im suspecting that DA will do the same. hopefully this post will get noticed, the time gaps on this thread are tremendous lol. and i usually refrain from creating new pointless threads, especially if its a game i dont even own yet haha.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #105
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
looking for new exciting RPG games to jump into. recently got mass effect and fell in love, still doing a number of playthrus right now. got interested in bioware (currently a member of their site), and noticed alot of talk about DA.

what kind of RPG is Dragon Age exactly, like an action? what is the time period the game is set around, are the characters and plot interesting? i love the idea of customizing a hero and building up stats/skills thru-out a game, im wondering what kind of say you have in the development of your char? such as weapons, abilities, relationships, stats ect?

even if its just broad info on the backround story of the game, any info would be appreciated. bioware impressed me greatly with mass effect, and im suspecting that DA will do the same. hopefully this post will get noticed, the time gaps on this thread are tremendous lol. and i usually refrain from creating new pointless threads, especially if its a game i dont even own yet haha.
Dragon Age is a third person action RPG. I'm not really sure if it has got a time set around it...they use swords, magic, bow and arrow so I would assume the medieval time period is your safest bet. It takes place in a fictional land known as Ferelden, and involves these beastly-human like creatures known in the game as 'Darkspawn'. You play as whichever race you choose among human, elf, and dwarf and you can select your own gender. Class restrictions only apply to dwarfs, you cannot be a mage as a dwarf as they are incapable of magic (unless I'm mistaken, if I am I apologize). You play as a 'Grey Warden' which defend Ferelden and other nations in the fictional world of Dragon Age from the Darkspawn. The game takes place during a 'Blight' or when the Darkspawn come out of the Deep Roads and wreak havok among the citizens of Ferelden causing death and destruction. It is your job to stop the Blight by any means necessary.

The game itself if very immersive, allowing you to choose if your character is an asshole, or they always do the right thing even if it means taking the long way. Each class you pick has a set skill tree which you can pick skills from, at levels 7 and 14 you can pick class specializations which unlock 2 more skill trees for you (1 for each specialization). You get complete free range of any skill in the skill trees to learn and you also get 3 attribute points per level. Attributes are pretty standard like strength, dexterity, magic, willpower, vitality and the like. Character creation is pretty standard very similar to Oblivion, you get to choose from a panel of hairstyles, hair colours, and shape your Wardens face however you like.

I would recommend this game if you liked Mass Effect, because it is the same company and Dragon Age Origins is the better of the two Dragon Age games story wise. Combat can get a bit tedious especially at the higher levels, but that is nothing a boost to the difficulty cannot fix if it annoys you that much. The graphics are also a bit dated, but once again not deal breaking.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #106
FDHW R3L3NT

N3VERr3L3NT's Gamercard
was wondering if anybody could add me and give me verbal advice on the game b/c im getting confussed and lost on some of the things i have done
gt: FDHW REL3NT
Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #107
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDHW R3L3NT View Post
was wondering if anybody could add me and give me verbal advice on the game b/c im getting confussed and lost on some of the things i have done
gt: FDHW REL3NT
I can give you advice, not sure how much I am going to remember but I will do my best

Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #108
windslash

Mountain Wyvern's Gamercard
Hey.
I'm playing as a Female noble and just wondering.

Is it possible to sacrifice myself if i end the relationship with Alastair? And maybe get him to dislike me..

I'm not at the end yet.

windslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #109
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by windslash View Post
Hey.
I'm playing as a Female noble and just wondering.

Is it possible to sacrifice myself if i end the relationship with Alastair? And maybe get him to dislike me..

I'm not at the end yet.
Yes it is entirely possible to do that. Get Alistair to become king and marry that woman and you'll be able to sacrifice yourself.

I would suggest saving before the landsmeet though as it says in the achievement guide if you are going for the 4 endings achievement.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #110
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtogsx View Post
For the story related achievements worth 10g, how is everyone getting them? Do you just start a new game and once you get one unlocked, you just start a new game and repeat?

Also what's the recommended way of getting the classes up to level 20? Thanks
This may be a little delayed but yes you do the origin story with every character or whatever.

As for level 20 you can either play the game 3 times each with a different class and level them up normally but if you want to level up quicky do the XP glitch at the beginning of the game (ostagar?) I have no idea what it is called, can't remember. I am sure it is in the achievement guide if it isn't its nothing a simple google search cannot solve.

If it is patched just do the glitch offline.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #111
IO IW IN xAG3x

io iw in xag3x's Gamercard
This guide was kinda meh....I used the walkthrough to perfection and thinking about doing a achievement 1750/1750 walkthrough video guide cause I can help plenty of people get everything to.
IO IW IN xAG3x is offline   Reply With Quote