PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Fairytale Fights
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
hmm i realy have no plan on how the secret achievments work specialy on what weapon you should use when playing jack and try to get an achievment for him ^^

Each Well throws out diffrent stuff but it allways seems to be the same when you play a Level again..

And i think the Princes are somewhere around Level 9 cant remember if they apear in the level after that ^
Summtrulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
I'll be joining you soon. I ordered it last week, should be arriving any day now
Fantastic... will be good to work with you again Sha...

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #33
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summtrulli View Post
hmm i realy have no plan on how the secret achievments work specialy on what weapon you should use when playing jack and try to get an achievment for him ^^

Each Well throws out diffrent stuff but it allways seems to be the same when you play a Level again..

And i think the Princes are somewhere around Level 9 cant remember if they apear in the level after that ^
I take it that the cow thing did not work out?

No princes in level 10... that is the beanstalk level, is it not?

And I am not sure... are all of the human enemies in level 9 princes, or only the blonde ones? The other guys look like they could be paiges or something?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
no the cow thing didnt work out ^^ either its not the way to the achievment or i did something wrong
I think only the Blonde ones will count ^^
We need some answers from the Creators on how to do ...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #35
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
no the cow thing didnt work out ^^ either its not the way to the achievment or i did something wrong
I think only the Blonde ones will count ^^
We need some answers from the Creators on how to do ...
Oooooh, how frustrating!!! Would make *sense* for Jack to have a 'kill 7' type secret achievement, seeing as how all of the other characters do. Is really hard if you need to use a particular weapon though. Is there a 'bean' weapon in the game?

When I get home tonight, I shall have a go myself. Maybe try to finish off the story, too. Won't have much time, though. Need the weekend...

Old 10-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #36
Kruz

Kapt Kruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
i was wondering what constitutes a single play session? cause when i was trying to get the Unstoppable achievement to win 5 arena chapters in one play session it didn't unlock for me. I'm also wondering how this pertains to the Who Wants My Autograph? achievement. Oh and do the difficulties stack?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #37
destinee ehgc

destinee ehgc's Gamercard
Cool More help has arrived!

I have joined just to get to the bottom of these achievements! It is worth mentioning for those who don't know that those of you going for the 1,000 potions achievement that the love potions will fully restore your health if drunk so are actually moreuseful than they appear. Anyone got any more ideas to try out yet?
destinee ehgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #38
destinee ehgc

Kruz, the difficulty achievements don't stack unfortunately. I got the five wins in one session by winning five times in a row. did you do it consecutively or just over the session?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #39
Kruz

Kapt Kruz's Gamercard

well i am certain that i won more then 5 in a row. i just kept pressing restart and kept winning.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #40
destinee ehgc

I'm guessing you did it locally (i did) so maybe it's glitched somewhere. I had no problem with it other than it gave me the achievement for winning by just pushing as well which was a pleasant problem!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #41
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
how does the pushing work ? does that mean just beat the enemy without any weapons ?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #42
destinee ehgc

Pushing

Pushing is done by using B. Once you get used to it it's really useful in the game as you can push everyone off of cliffs etc.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #43
Kruz

Kapt Kruz's Gamercard

ya i pushed people into the saw blades. as sometimes pushing them off the level sometimes didn't count the kill for me.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #44
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
thx for that one ^^
the arena achievments are realy easy
just push your enemy once or twice and then kill him, win the Arena and voila you got that one done ^^
But Winning 100 Arena Fights will take a while.. think im gona do that one now and while i am at that one i'll do the Strike a Pose! achievment ^^very easy done with a second controler ^^

EDIT:

See in my How to do aerial (Air) Combos? thread to see how to do these freaking Air Combos Just got it done ..

EDIT #2:

Seem that the Arena is buggy.. Got around 30 Wins and in my Stats in the Town it only counts 1 Win.. so seems you have to do the 100 Wins in one go hopeing to get that achievment unlocked...

Last edited by Summtrulli; 10-28-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #45
destinee ehgc

Talking re aerial combo

Awesome! Going to get this one done now. I'm currently playing through as Jack to see if I can spot anything you guys haven't re secret achievement but I'm drawing a blank so far.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #46
destinee ehgc

Possible achievement

Can't believe I just screwed it up for myself (will have to replay to confirm) but there is a well just before the mazes in the third world that only gives you transform potions and toads - transform a toad into a prince? Might be for Jack (that's who I'm playing with), might be general or might be nothing but will confirm if it works if one of you don't beat me to it!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #47
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Welcome destinee!!!

Did not manage to get the secret achievement with Jack last night. Maybe it is not a case of killing 7 things, like it is with the other characters.

On the level you go through before getting to the father giant fight (the kitchen level), did anyone else notice a chicken type thing? I went to kill it, but accidentally pushed it off the platform. Is it supposed to be a goose? There are also singing swords. I have been wrong in all of my other suppositions though, so probably best to ignore me.

I tried to kill the father giant with the singing sword, but I lost it half way through the fight. I think that we can definitely say now, though, that getting Jack killed by any of the giants is not an achievement. Not unless it has to be done in a very specific way. Or a set number of times.

And very well done summtrulli on the aerial combo! I could not figure it out at all... spent most of last night sending enemies up into the air!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #48
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
thx for that one ^^
EDIT #2:

Seem that the Arena is buggy.. Got around 30 Wins and in my Stats in the Town it only counts 1 Win.. so seems you have to do the 100 Wins in one go hopeing to get that achievment unlocked...
Noticed the same thing here. Maybe you need to return to the town after every win, rather than just restarting the fight from the arena? The stats on this game seem very confusing... the money ones are very misleading as well.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #49
skitz79

Shadow of skitz's Gamercard
Heys lads how did u guys get "250 kils without a weapon" my stats say i have 271 kills using "Fists" but no achievement?.....does hitting an enemy off the slide of a cliff count as a kill or not?

also how do u get 1,000,000 achievement, do i need 1m saved at one time or do i need a total of 1m as my stats say ive collected over 1m???

cheers 4 ur help =]

See u online folks! =]
skitz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #50
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitz79 View Post
Heys lads how did u guys get "250 kils without a weapon" my stats say i have 271 kills using "Fists" but no achievement?.....does hitting an enemy off the slide of a cliff count as a kill or not?

also how do u get 1,000,000 achievement, do i need 1m saved at one time or do i need a total of 1m as my stats say ive collected over 1m???

cheers 4 ur help =]
Hey Skitz!

Not sure about the "no weapon" achievement, I don't have that yet. I'm sure that somebody here can help!

For the million though... when you go to the bank, you need to be looking at the "Total Savings" figure. Basically, you do not need to have the 1M on you for it to unlock, you can spend as you go along. I have noticed that some of the figures seem to get screwed (like the one which shows how much I have spent on the statue... it is under 1 million still, yet I spent at least 4 million on it!!!) The statistics do seem very buggy. Also, I think that the "Total Collected" stat includes money that you lost by getting killed or having an accident. As I say, "Total Savings" is the one to check.

If you wanna grind for money, try the level called "A Kiss Is Not Enough" on Easy. It is possible to get over 400,000 on each playthrough, as long as you are careful and don't get hit by those bloody dwarves throwing acid around!

Best of luck mate, and let us know if it still does not pop for you.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #51
destinee ehgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitz79 View Post

cheers 4 ur help =]
Oi! Don't assume we're all lads! If your kills go off the cliff, into a saw etc or into acid etc. then it doesn't count as YOU weren't the technical cause of death, the environment was. For the 1m you need to save it up at once.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #52
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Meh, it sounds like you're having a lot of fun playing this game, I want to play too..
but because of this stupid mail strike in the UK, I still haven't received my copy yet.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #53
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinee ehgc View Post
Oi! Don't assume we're all lads! If your kills go off the cliff, into a saw etc or into acid etc. then it doesn't count as YOU weren't the technical cause of death, the environment was. For the 1m you need to save it up at once.
Hey lady!

I don't think that you need it saved up, you can spend as you go along, I am pretty sure of that. Unless I have misunderstood how the Total Savings amount is calculated, because that is definitely the figure which governs the achievement. Feel free to prove me wrong though!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #54
destinee ehgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Hey lady!

I don't think that you need it saved up, you can spend as you go along, I am pretty sure of that. Unless I have misunderstood how the Total Savings amount is calculated, because that is definitely the figure which governs the achievement. Feel free to prove me wrong though!!!
I could be wrong on that but I have heard of glitches if you spend along the way. I saved it all up and got the achievement no problem but some people have reported having up to 3m without getting the achievement if they've been spending along the way.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #55
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
I could be wrong on that but I have heard of glitches if you spend along the way. I saved it all up and got the achievement no problem but some people have reported having up to 3m without getting the achievement if they've been spending along the way.
Ooooooh. Because I had around 700,000 on me when the achievement popped. I checked the stats, and my "Total Savings" figure had just gone over 1,000,000. I reckon you're right about the glitches, because some of my other money statistics look insane.

If this is the case, then, yeah, you're right, it is probably better to not spend until you have it. Guess that I was lucky!

Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #56
skitz79

Shadow of skitz's Gamercard
Quote:

haha by bad.....cheers for ur help my fellow gamers (more PC?)

i shal keep beating up the enemies without pushing into saws and such like then.....my total saving went over 1 million ages ago ill try having 1m in one go while going for the upgrade to the statue

cheers for ur help people =]

See u online folks! =]
skitz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #57
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Welcome destinee!!!

On the level you go through before getting to the father giant fight (the kitchen level), did anyone else notice a chicken type thing? I went to kill it, but accidentally pushed it off the platform. Is it supposed to be a goose? There are also singing swords. I have been wrong in all of my other suppositions though, so probably best to ignore me.
Do you mean the Duck thing out of the Well ??
If so that is the Duck/Goose Gun
Else i never noticed a chicken or goose that i could kill ^^

PS. Just got my very own Fairytale Fights T-Shirt from GameStop .. looks like little Red with a knife in her Hand
Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #58
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Do you mean the Duck thing out of the Well ??
If so that is the Duck/Goose Gun
Else i never noticed a chicken or goose that i could kill ^^

PS. Just got my very own Fairytale Fights T-Shirt from GameStop .. looks like little Red with a knife in her Hand
No, not from a well. Probably around just over halfway through the kitchen level... it is down on a slightly lower platform. Looks like a chicken, or some kind of bird, just sitting there, although moving. Maybe I will try killing it again tonight. Was hard, because it is on a small platform, and very easy to knock off... as i did.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #59
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
oh i think i know what you mean.. you mean the thing that jumps over the edge as soon as you come near it ? that would be one of the prencesses you saved and she does suicide
Old 10-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #60
Summtrulli

Summtrulli's Gamercard
So here a shot of the Pre-Order T-Shirt from GameStop ^^
Seems to be Jack on the shirt