PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #31
blindhurdler

blindhurdler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDKFA View Post
you have to stay pretty close to the sidelines of the court and a successful cross is pretty much sideline to sideline.
I found that it was easiest to do one of these shots from a serve. Stand to the far side of where you will recieve the serve i.e the edge of the court; then return across as far as you can. If you don't get it, don't return the next ball, so that there is another service.
blindhurdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #32
CLB Left 4 Dead

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do i unlock the playstyle All-rounder in world tour?
CLB Left 4 Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #33
jomacho

dingsi's Gamercard
You have to unlock all the others, then max out all 3 stats to unlock the other ones. After that, there's the "+" ones, all over. "All rounder +" will take a while, just got it after a few hours.
jomacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #34
CLB Left 4 Dead

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've gotten to world amateur #1 and played one tournament since then and the only tournament left to play this year is the 8-1 in Paris which i think i'll turn pro when i win, but i haven't had the amateur number 1 achievement yet. Could this be because i have not played a singles tournament since becoming #1.

I had to turn autosave off and go into next year without turning pro, waiting till i had been moved back to #2 then win the next tournament and finally achievement unlocked.

Last edited by CLB Left 4 Dead; 06-07-2009 at 10:33 AM.
CLB Left 4 Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #35
CashlessGecko

KevinK_23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmmzy View Post
This may be a silly question but I'm wondering if different colours of the same item (in Tennis shop on World Tour) count as different items or the same? This is for the 100 items achievement.
It's not a silly question at all.

I wondered the exact same, but thought that i should buy them all just incase. And it turned out that they do count as different items, in the process of getting thw 100 items. So just find the cheapest things, buy all the colours, and the achievement should be yours in no time.
CashlessGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #36
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
yes u can just buy for example the right wristband but all colours and each one counts as a single item, so if theres 12 colours then that's 12 items.

my question - i only need 1 gold medal on the academy training, i have to do 2 dropshots in a row, i keep doing dropshots but it doesn't seem to be working even after doing about 4-5 in a row, is there something im doing wrong?
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #37
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
[/QUOTE] my question - i only need 1 gold medal on the academy training, i have to do 2 dropshots in a row, i keep doing dropshots but it doesn't seem to be working even after doing about 4-5 in a row, is there something im doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

This can be annoying as the computer does'nt always produce drop shots if you press the buttons too late, to do the drop shots as soon as the ball flies off the opponents racket hold pull the analog down & hold x till contact with the ball which should produce a drop shot, also this might help try using down on the directional pad if you have trouble keeping the analog down. Hope this helps.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #38
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
my question - i only need 1 gold medal on the academy training, i have to do 2 dropshots in a row, i keep doing dropshots but it doesn't seem to be working even after doing about 4-5 in a row, is there something im doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

This can be annoying as the computer does'nt always produce drop shots if you press the buttons too late, to do the drop shots as soon as the ball flies off the opponents racket hold pull the analog down & hold x till contact with the ball which should produce a drop shot, also this might help try using down on the directional pad if you have trouble keeping the analog down. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

worked a treat, cheers.

has anyone got the basic playstyles acheivement? how many do u have to unlock? i just seem to get the bars constantly past the top on each of the 3 areas, do u just keep going? is there other things u have to complete as well as the academy missions, i have done all those on gold now plus played about 15 players on practice matches, im not sure what i need to do to unlock the achievement.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #39
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
worked a treat, cheers.

has anyone got the basic playstyles acheivement? how many do u have to unlock? i just seem to get the bars constantly past the top on each of the 3 areas, do u just keep going? is there other things u have to complete as well as the academy missions, i have done all those on gold now plus played about 15 players on practice matches, im not sure what i need to do to unlock the achievement.

Yeah i've got that chievo, to see how far along you are go to the academy & into playstyles & in their should 3 catergories, you should see at the bottom the allround playstyle that is the only playstyle that is not related to any catergorie but is needed for the chievo. To get that availble you have to unlock each playstyle then fill the 3 bars up once more (i think its just once) & you should unlock allround playstyle & the chievo.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #40
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
Yeah i've got that chievo, to see how far along you are go to the academy & into playstyles & in their should 3 catergories, you should see at the bottom the allround playstyle that is the only playstyle that is not related to any catergorie but is needed for the chievo. To get that availble you have to unlock each playstyle then fill the 3 bars up once more (i think its just once) & you should unlock allround playstyle & the chievo.
lol, cheers, i never realised u could select below training, i also didn't know u could change your style, i have been playing pro still on rookie.

have u got all the gold medals yet, not the academy ones, the ones u can check on where it says 'my medals'

i looked on the other thread but i don't think they have clarified what is a gold medal or not.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #41
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
lol, cheers, i never realised u could select below training, i also didn't know u could change your style, i have been playing pro still on rookie.

have u got all the gold medals yet, not the academy ones, the ones u can check on where it says 'my medals'

i looked on the other thread but i don't think they have clarified what is a gold medal or not.

No & i don't think i'll bother either with that chievo because of the win 75 tournaments medal, i mean i don't play online that much as it is so am not going to waste half my life for this one chievo.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #42
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
im the same, can't be bothered with that either.

do u know how the mini-games unlock in world tour, i only have about 4 games i can play.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #43
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
im the same, can't be bothered with that either.

do u know how the mini-games unlock in world tour, i only have about 4 games i can play.

Even though i have them all unlocked i can't be certain but i think once you pass a mini game at either level 6 or 8 then another of the same type becomes availble, say for instance block buster is a serve & volley mini game type once that you've passed level 6-8 ( once again can't remember) another serve & volley mini game becomes availbe.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #44
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Actually i was wrong about mini games unlocking at level 6 or 8 it seems as though they unlock after completing level 4, i made a new game & did the pirate ships game because its the quickest & really easy & after level 4 meat defender became availble. Sorry about wrong info but as i said i was was'nt certain.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #45
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
no problem, thanks for the info.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #46
j10

i'm thinking about buying this game.. can anyone tell me how much GS can be gained from off-line play alone? i don't have live yet
j10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #47
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Theres 935G

Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #48
j10

o wow 935G from just offline? solid, probably picking this game up soon.
thanks a lot.
j10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #49
Acer

When I was Rank 8/100 Amateur I accepted the offer to go pro, then afterwards realized there was an achievement for being number 1 amateur...
Am i stuffed now? Or is there a way to go back?
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #50
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
When I was Rank 8/100 Amateur I accepted the offer to go pro, then afterwards realized there was an achievement for being number 1 amateur...
Am i stuffed now? Or is there a way to go back?

Yes mate your stuffed unless you had autosave off which is unlikely.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #51
robs03

hi all.

i couldnt see a guide for unlocking king or duke the question has been asked but no answer has been given. Hope this helps

Play as Duke Reach the number one rank in Professional mode to get invited to the King Of Players tournament. Win the tournament to play against Duke. Defeat Duke to unlock him.
Play as King Reach the number one rank in Professional mode to get invited to the King Of Players tournament. Win the tournament twice to play against King. Defeat King to unlock him.
robs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #52
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
any advice on this...?

i got to number 1 on amateur but like others went pro without getting the amateur acheivement, now i have got to number 1 on pro but when the acheivement unlocked when i checked it, the one which had unlocked was the one for getting rank 1 on AMATEUR wtf? i then had a free week which i just played a mini-game and my rank dropped to 2, i played in a rank 20-1 tournament which i won and got back to rank 1 but still no acheivement?

is this glitched, if so im not happy .
Old 06-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #53
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
any advice on this...?

i got to number 1 on amateur but like others went pro without getting the amateur acheivement, now i have got to number 1 on pro but when the acheivement unlocked when i checked it, the one which had unlocked was the one for getting rank 1 on AMATEUR wtf? i then had a free week which i just played a mini-game and my rank dropped to 2, i played in a rank 20-1 tournament which i won and got back to rank 1 but still no acheivement?

is this glitched, if so im not happy .
Have you tried getting to number 1 again without the update on because i know the update messed up a couple of chievos & plus this is the first i have heard of this bug.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #54
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
just played a game, it was a 150-1 rank tournament, and because u cannot get points from them i just let the player win, once i lost the acheivement unlocked, i don't know why but im not going to argue it im just glad i got it.

@has anyone got a final clarification on the gold medals acheivement? i have most of them but im not sure about the mini games and online ones.

also i have all the sega gear on but no acheivement for it yet, so hopefully it will just unlock at some point.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #55
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
also i have all the sega gear on but no acheivement for it yet, so hopefully it will just unlock at some point.
Congratz on the chievo unlocking & as for the To look this good takes SEGA chievo its bugged with the update so you'll have to remove the update for it to unlock.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #56
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
ok cheers, i was hoping it would unlock like the amateur one but looks like i will have to do the update, but i might just leave it as i won't complete the game.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #57
James Medway

James Medway's Gamercard
you are gold!!

does anyone one know if there are more academy missions when you get to pro, as i have all golds in amateur but no achiev?
James Medway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #58
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
yes their are more when you turn pro.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #59
weajam7

Does anyone know how to get the sega costume and the skeleton costume?
weajam7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #60
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
The sega custume is unlocked when you reach no.1 in pro & the skeleton costume you have to beat meat defender level 8 for the full costume, also a word on the to look good takes sega chievo remove the update or it will not unlock.