PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band Track Pack: Country
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Hugh Jass

eddie live7's Gamercard
i wonder if they have to be local for the 100% notes hit as a band like the other track pack
Hugh Jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Jonspach

JONSPACH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievements look easy enough. I'm glad they branched out away from 100% Expert on each instrument/vocals. Nice to see some variety.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
Bruk

Bruk360's Gamercard
I bet this track pack isn't going to have live support. Band tour mode + country music + achievements = annoyed friends :P
2nd on x360a to 1000 Guitar Hero: World Tour
3rd on x360a to 200 Geon (08/27/08) and Super Contra (12/2/08)
Bruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
Jonspach

JONSPACH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
It looked like there were only a couple of full band achievements, so I may bring in the friends just for those and then just sing on easy while playing bass to do the band stuff.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Itsbrown4606

Itsbrown4606's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 2   Road Map - Bronze   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Current discoveries:
- "The Gambler," unsurprisingly, requires at least a two-player band.
- "Satellite Radio" achievement cannot be done on Easy. >_>
Itsbrown4606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Are there any hammer-ons in "Satellite Radio" on Easy? Or Medium for that matter?

EDIT: To answer my own question: No. The lowest it can done on is Hard, which I did by getting 100%.

Since the "Free & Easy" achievement can be done on Easy, it shouldn't be too hard to get 100% on the song as a band. It is the first song in the vocals career, so a three person band could probably do it, with one on voxtar.

Overall, I like these achievements. There is a nice variety this time around.

Last edited by HamKet; 07-22-2009 at 12:12 AM.
HamKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 AM   #8
Darmonde

JohnNiner's Gamercard
I believe the reason the variety exists is because the design this time around is a different company: Demiurge Studios. I agree they seem to have gone for a good mix of difficulty, player number, and even fun and content specific titles.
Darmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
youhas

Youhaas Global's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
The lowest it can done on is Hard, which I did by getting 100%.
I also got 100% playing Guitar on Hard... but the achievement didn't unlock for me. Weird. Did you actually hammer-on every hammer-on note? I'm positive I strummed a goodly number of them, out of habit, which could account for the difference....
youhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by youhas View Post
I also got 100% playing Guitar on Hard... but the achievement didn't unlock for me. Weird. Did you actually hammer-on every hammer-on note? I'm positive I strummed a goodly number of them, out of habit, which could account for the difference....
I tried it multiple ways. The first time through I strummed all the notes, but missed a note somewhere, and the achievement didn't pop.

Then I thought about it, and realized that I might actually have to hit them without strumming, so I tried that. It took me a few more tries, and then it unlocked. (To be safe, I also did all the pull-offs without strumming.) I never did get 100% while strumming all the notes.

So I would imagine you actually have to hammer them on. Which sucks, and makes it that much harder.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #11
C Weiner

C Weiner's Gamercard
Can Free and Easy 100% be done with 2 people?

C Weiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #12
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Weiner View Post
Can Free and Easy 100% be done with 2 people?
I don't see how it could. Singing and playing an instrument is one thing, but playing two instruments at the same time and getting 100%? That is an achievement in and of itself.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #13
youhas

Youhaas Global's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
Then I thought about it, and realized that I might actually have to hit them without strumming, so I tried that. It took me a few more tries, and then it unlocked. (To be safe, I also did all the pull-offs without strumming.) I never did get 100% while strumming all the notes.

So I would imagine you actually have to hammer them on. Which sucks, and makes it that much harder.
I figured that the whole "hit them without strumming" approach was the way to go as well, but figured it didn't hurt to verify as much with someone who'd valiantly taken a stab at things before me.

Anyhow: gah, that was annoying. But yep, making the conscious effort to hammer on (and pull off, just in case) everything appears to have done the trick. Huzzah!
youhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #14
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruk View Post
I bet this track pack isn't going to have live support. Band tour mode + country music + achievements = annoyed friends :P
So true. I tried to get some of my friends to play just one song from this disc to get "The Gambler" with 10 Overdrives achievements and they absolutely refused to even go near this game. Looks like I won't be getting any of the band achievements since I'll never be able to get a second player.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #15
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Is it at all possible to do the band achievements (except for Free And Easy) with a Voxtar set up (solo with guitar + mic stand)?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
Is it at all possible to do the band achievements (except for Free And Easy) with a Voxtar set up (solo with guitar + mic stand)?
To my knowledge, only this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=173813

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Ice Age Village 08/19/14

Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote