Old 05-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #31
Spellruler

Spellruler's Gamercard
I got mine on the 1 Vs 1 map, ''Chasms'' just like every other achievement
Spellruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #32
lazyslothboy

lazyslothboy001's Gamercard
I personally played on blood gulch so I could capture the two reactors. I had a tech level of 4 when I did it, I am not sure that helped anything at all though
lazyslothboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #33
Ascian117

kepjx's Gamercard
I think the Scarab does need 4000+ to spawn, as someone said earlier.

I tried for 45 minutes to get it to spawn, every time under 4000. The very first time I had 4k when the reinforcements came - bam, Scarab!

Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Mercs 2, CoD4, CoD5 , Fable II, Viva Pinata (>.<)

Working on
Oblivion (49/60), Saint's Row 2 (45/50), The Last Remnant (19/22), Left4Dead (47/50), Halo 3 (68/79), Saints Row 1 (42/43 Need to boost for KINGPIN!!!), Halo Wars (49/50)
Ascian117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #34
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

trevl85a2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
Please can ppl post what map they got Living Loving Bug on. I wonder if the size changes the chance of getting a scarab.
I got everything but One and Done on Chasms as Arbiter v. Cutter first then Regret v. Cutter after that.

For One and Done I was Anders v. Arbiter and built up Sparrowhawks.

I'm kinda pissed though that for 800 pts. we're only getting 100 GS. Points for DLC should be proportional to the GS and content offered, not just milking people for their bloody money >_<.

One thing I did notice though in the main menu screen of Halo Wars: It says there are a total of 58 achievements.....so is Ensemble working on four more?

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #35
PlugInBaby

DeathByPlatypus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got my scarab on chasms, i had over 4000 resources at the time as well.

Good job on the guide btw.
PlugInBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #36
Midget Mafia

Drumavarium's Gamercard
Finally got the scarab after an hour and ten minutes. Great guide ! Anyone up for legendary co-op ?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #37
Namaste

I'm seriously considering about buying the game but I was wondering, in order to obtain the new achievements, can I get them for free or do I have to pay? Either way, which DLC do I need to download for this?

Thanks.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #38
Spellruler

Spellruler's Gamercard
You have to download the '"Strategic Options'' pack in the Halo Wars DLC to get the new achievements. It costs 800 Microsoft points
Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #39
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
Worked like a charm, great guide.

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #40
B T E R

Send a message via MSN to B T E R

BTER x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
Please can ppl post what map they got Living Loving Bug on. I wonder if the size changes the chance of getting a scarab.
i got living loving bug on Tundra. i was prophet and they were anders. got 1 temple and the rest supply pads, then used the waves to take over rebel bases and made them all supply pads. make sure you have skulls on. upgrade the temple to 3, upgrade the prophets beam to three. get everything to go rush the Mega Turret in the middle. once the rebels are dead put an infantr squad inside. now wait for the next wave timer to be about 1:30 or 2:00. when it is one of those fire the turret at your units, not the prophet of regret. then use the beam to kill some more to get you to 20/40 population. wait for the next wave and if you have 3000 recouses it should get it. if not try again but wait for the turret to reacharge.

Thank you Audacious for the completely sweet signature
Thanks to Cacky for the amazing avatar
B T E R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #41
Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellruler View Post
You have to download the '"Strategic Options'' pack in the Halo Wars DLC to get the new achievements. It costs 800 Microsoft points
Thank you
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #42
c_white4585

XSir WhiteyX's Gamercard
wondering why these new achiievements are not on viewable in my achievements bought the dlc are they obtainable yet?
c_white4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #43
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
spent 2 hours trying to get it each time getting around 3500 and i never got a scarab.

I'm starting to think you have to have 4000 but i sure can't figure out how to do that since i had nothing but warehouses and one temple

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #44
Spellruler

Spellruler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
spent 2 hours trying to get it each time getting around 3500 and i never got a scarab.

I'm starting to think you have to have 4000 but i sure can't figure out how to do that since i had nothing but warehouses and one temple
Were the warehouses upgraded? And you could always try to go for a second/third base.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #45
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

trevl85a2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post

You have to make sure you have at least 20 slots free in your unit count. Use the Prophet's cleansing beam to do so if need be, and yea it does help if you have over 4000 in supplies. I tried this and it took me about 45 minutes

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #46
TCLCloud

TCLCloud's Gamercard
Nice guide, looking forward to testing this out...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #47
skill nl

Skill NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet25 View Post
fucking scarab took 47 fucking mins to spwan
I kept killing my squads for about 30 min and I thought maybe it only spawns if you already have a squad from each type so I didn't kill the wave that just spawned, I don't know if this is why it spawned but it spawned the following wave.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #48
chriscutis

Breadly Weapon's Gamercard
Great guide, it took me a while to get the scarab though, I ended up getting 3 bases upgraded to citadel, with all blessed warehouses except the temple, where I got all the upgrades besides the Forerunner shield. I found using the Prophet's beam used up too many supplies at lower levels, once it was maxed it killed the units much quicker and seemed easier to get the available pop/resources in time.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #49
Spellruler

Spellruler's Gamercard
Allright, seeing as there are new DLC achievements incoming I hope you won't mind if I just add them to this guide? I don't really think we need two seperate DLC guides, so in order to have less clutter around the forums Il'l just expand the guide here if you guys don't mind.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #50
Zlacker318

Zlacker318's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x lil psycho x View Post
For the one and done all i did was play 3 vs 3 i was Pro Anders and i let my legendary AI do all the defence and just build up an army of hawks caught the sentinal and flew back to our base .... easy as pie!

Thanks for the tip.
Got it thanks to this. XD

Zlacker318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #51
QsK Saucer

FlyingSaucer xI's Gamercard
I played on Fort deen, as prophet of Regret, captured 9 bases with only warehouses and 1 temple and turned the skull on that give you 25% more recources. Got 6000Recources and got a 3-star scarab.

Maybe this helps
Old 08-23-2009, 04:02 AM   #52
Itsbrown4606

Itsbrown4606's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 2   Road Map - Bronze   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Just finished One and Done. Let me tell you, it is the funnest achievement to earn in this game, bar none. I had sooo much fun doing it.

OP is a lie. I tried that method and after one capture I was getting molested very hard. I ended up doing 3v3 on Fort Deen as Anders and spamming Hawks the whole time. Me and my allies were largely disorganized, but the Covenant team was insane. Though, Team Forge was nice enough to heal my Hawks every once in a while whilst I trained other Hawks or focus on my base.

At the very end, the Prophet of Regret team ended up steamrolling the only two bases I had, calling for an emergency retreat to an as-of-yet unclaimed Rebel base. As I was building it, my allies were kind enough to lend me some resources but I finally ended up not needed them because I wound up getting not only the last capture but 3 others as well.

Halfway through, I forgot I had my skulls off... so I fixed that right off. Made everything about 30% easier. All throughout the middle of the map, the Covenant forces were in full control. You couldn't stay in there long at all without dieing.

I learned right at the end that the corner bases are the ones you want to take because enemy AI doesn't go there a lot. Hell the rebel base next to the Covenant base on the far right was undisturbed and same goes for the one on our side. Also, run away from Scarabs unless you have an armada of Hawks to confront it because it is STRONG. That's the main vehicle that took out my bases both times.

If you end up getting to X vs. 4, losing, then you need to focus a lot on taking out the unit who has the flag and much less on ground control. A lot of times, the flag likes to spawn over a chasm, giving your Hawks more time to get it as only Banshees at that point can get it. Once you get to 4 vs. X, just grab the flag and retreat to any extreme corner of the map and wait. No one should bother you, at least, no one did to me, but Team Forge sent over some back up in the form of a Cobra and several small troops.

It's a pain in the ass, but it's worth it.

One question I must ask though... IS HOW THE HELL DID THOSE COVENANT TEAMS GET WRAITHS SOOOOOO FAST? HELL, I didn't even get 4 buildings up and a damn team of Wraiths is already storming around the map.
Itsbrown4606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #53
B T E R

BTER x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown x360a View Post
One question I must ask though... IS HOW THE HELL DID THOSE COVENANT TEAMS GET WRAITHS SOOOOOO FAST? HELL, I didn't even get 4 buildings up and a damn team of Wraiths is already storming around the map.
were they all the same team, or different teams. because if they are different then each team could of made like two each.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #54
Itsbrown4606

Itsbrown4606's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 2   Road Map - Bronze   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T E R View Post
were they all the same team, or different teams. because if they are different then each team could of made like two each.
I remember about 4 or 5 purple ones, and one or two blues. That's all I could see before I ran to save my ass. This was within about 5 minutes. Now keep in mind that in Keepaway, you have to build up your bases so I really don't know.

I just suck at startup, I don't know why.
Itsbrown4606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #55
B T E R

BTER x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown x360a View Post
I remember about 4 or 5 purple ones, and one or two blues. That's all I could see before I ran to save my ass. This was within about 5 minutes. Now keep in mind that in Keepaway, you have to build up your bases so I really don't know.

I just suck at startup, I don't know why.
maybe they did this
legendary AI, smart fuckers

Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #56
KrazyKaos

KrazyKaos's Gamercard
Ok guys, I know this is an old thread, but ill give this a try.

Halo Waypoint came out today and I am thinking about cleaning up some achievements for Halo Wars. I don't have either of the add ons for this game. do I need to download both them and spend 1600 points on this in order to get all the achievements? Or do I just need to download one of them?

XBLA 200s: 3D Ultra Minigolf, Arkadian Warriors, Bomberman LIVE, Carcassonne, Cloning Clyde, Golden Axe, Live Draft Tracker, Puzzle Quest, Rocketmen: Axis of Evil, Small Arms, Street Trace:NYC, UNO, Worms.

360 1000s: Avatar, EA Sports FN 3, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Halo 3, King Kong, Lego Indiana Jones, NBA 2K6, Oblivion, Spider-Man:FoF, TMNT, X-Men:The Official Game.
KrazyKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #57
BensonReaper

BensonReaper's Gamercard
One of the packs is more maps the other is the new gametypes, you only need the gametypes pack to get the acheievements.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #58
AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensonReaper View Post
One of the packs is more maps the other is the new gametypes, you only need the gametypes pack to get the acheievements.
Wrong. There are achievements for the maps too. To get the full 1200 you need both downloads. This guide just hasn't added the other achievements.

If you would like to give me a hand with any of the following, please PM me here
or send me a message on Live.

- Halo Wars -:- Online points -:- One person found, more preferred

- Robotron 2084 -:- CO-OP, Versus, CO-OP Master -:- Need someone
AnimeCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #59
kingkongkyle

kingkongkyle's Gamercard
living loving bug is fucking bull shit! ive tried 5 times all over 1 hour games had every upgrade and over 4000 resources still havent gotten a damn scarab..... killjoy is the other dlc achievement i need
kingkongkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #60
Louchavelli

Send a message via Skype™ to Louchavelli

Louchavelli's Gamercard
Thanks

Great guide, I got all four achievements following this guide!

A couple of things that may help others out. 1) For the one and done achievement, if you haven't picked it up yet, you'll also get penny pincher.
2) I too noticed for the scarab achievement that it appears that you need 4000 supplies before it spawns. I've tried it twice and it worked.

------------------------------------------------
Louchavelli is offline   Reply With Quote