PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Star Wars: Battlefront
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
Jabi1

Jabi1's Gamercard
Improvements and new features?

What changes and new content are you hoping from this game? Here's some things I hope to see.

- Number of players: 18, 20, 24? At least not less.
- Bring fighters, bombers and troop carrier aircrafts back into ground levels, and add some more airspace for them to maneuver.

- Customization options: Possibility to (but only slightly) customize your armor, and perhaps some weapon attachments and class modifications.

- Improve space battles A LOT, make dogfighting more laser- than missile-based and add more depth and variation into the capital ship interiors.

- New game modes? Attack & Defend or some other objective game mode would work great in multiplayer. Endor, Rebels ---> destroy the shield bunker, Hoth, Imperials ---> destroy the shield generator etc.

In space levels other team spawns from a capital ship with less fighters and have to use turrets to defend from enemy raiding party and protect vital ship parts from sabotage or intel from being captured.

Stealth game mode with no respawns? Steal the Death Star plans, for example.

- Vehicles: Add first-person viewpoints for them, and make them available to more than one player, so that Imperial walkers would have a driver/main gunner, and a secondary gunner, for example. Some vehicles/aircraft already have this, and it works nicely.

- Better shooting and gameplay: Maybe a cover system? Lowered health to make enemies die quicker?

- Make single player campaigns and story for each faction deeper, maybe involving some squad elements and new main characters? For example, you get to play as the stormtrooper squad that is searching for the droids on Tatooine.

- New maps and locations:At least one map from every major planet we have seen (bring back some old favorites?), and some new ones, like Trade Federation starship interior, Death Star space battles and so on.

Last edited by Jabi1; 05-22-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Jabi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
Brutalsleeper

Brutalsleeper's Gamercard
I like it.You have got some very good ideas. Especially the character customization and single player.
I would like the space battles to be more than just capital ships and fighters though. I was thinking 1 capital ship and a handful of smaller base ships that can be controlled and captured by the players and can launch a small amount of fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
But the dig site is on the other side of the city!.
Follow me on Twitter
Brutalsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
ntb213

xXImSoBalzyXx's Gamercard
You have some good ideas, Battlefront 2 was great. This would make Battlefront 3 awesome
ntb213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
xI DaR3DeViL Ix

Boxset Dan THFC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not bad ideas. As long as its nothing like LOTR Conquest then were fine lol. It seemed good at first but it was poor and taccy imo.

It needs fixed graphics and characters for one thing and due to being laser and shooting weapons etc I think that will already make it better, the hand to hand combat and arrows just didnt seem to work for me.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
mejimmeh45

mejimmeh46's Gamercard
i rekon it would be cool if buildings were distructible like in battlefeild bad company.
mejimmeh45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
skatrjake

Skatrjake's Gamercard
colour customization, so that you can customize your armour, weapon and transport colour. Also some add on like of COD so that you can put scopes on weapons and thing like that also a character customizer. And maby a Transport one. Different Campaigns, A Jedi one , Sith, republic, rebels, empire, bounty hunter you know things like that.

Thanks again Nozza for the Sig.
skatrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
RammsteinGunner

As long as they keep split-screen, im down for it.
RammsteinGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
This is what I really want (aka NEED) in BFIII:

*Melee (first and foremost); strafing around enemies while reloading is sad and long outdated already.
*Some Type of Cover System & Fixed Squad Commands; the commands in BFII were weird and not as user-friendly as BFI.
*The Rumored Air-Ground-Space Multi-Tiered Battles & Transitions; that just needs to happen, it's kick-ass all around.
*Updated & Expanded Galactic Conquest Mode; more planets, online co-op and versus; just more awesome. I love GC mode.
*4-Player Online Co-Op Campaign; that's just the future of campaign gaming.
*Aircraft on Land Maps (like BFI); strafing in a bomber never, ever gets old.
*Customizable Outfits, Loadouts, Skill Sets, etc. in All Game Modes Except Campaign; like so many other online MP games these days.
*EPIC CAMPAIGN! Something Huge, Rich, and Moving; Star Wars *can* be moving when done right (watch ESB!)
*More Campaign Planets & Battles; I don't just wanna see another rehash of Hoth & Mos Eisley...that=tired.
*Can I Please get a Frickin' Death Star I or II Space Battle Already?!?
*Some New Form of Co-Op/Versus (Online and Off) "Fight Modes"; like R6V Terrorist Hunt, MW2 Spec Ops, ODST Firefight, or CoD:WaW Zombies, etc. but pertinent to Star Wars. BFII Hunt modes were cool at first but wore off, with a different spin they could be so sweet.
..and I want to *finally* have achievements in a BF game! ha

Long winded...but I'm done (for now, ha).

Last edited by MadDogChad; 12-19-2009 at 06:24 PM.
MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
Dredgon

Send a message via AIM to Dredgon

Dredgon's Gamercard
Create a character and all the other improvements you guys listed!!!!!
  • TFU (1345)
  • LEGO SW: TCS
  • Fallout 3 (1550)
  • The GF 2
  • RE 5
  • AC II
  • ME 2 (1355)
  • DA II (1370)
  • Skyrim (1300)
  • ME 3 (1550)
  • The Witcher 2
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Dredgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Create a character & better Hero characters. By that I mean, the gameplay for the Hedi & Sith should be improved while Boba & Jango should get their blasters from the movies.

Xbox 360 Retail Games Completed: 22
Xbox Live Arcade Games Completed: 26
Xbox One Games Completed: 1
Xbox One Apps Completed: 1
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

Choose your loadout! or more classes to pick from
Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

The biggest improvement that this series needs to make is more varied campaigns, which would therefore would lead to more varied multiplayer maps and the like. There are so many good places that they could pull stuff from the Extended Universe. I won't get my hopes up, though.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
TsC_Xanatos

TsC Xanatos's Gamercard
Don't want to be the negative Nancy here, but I really don't think BF3 will happen. TFU2 proved to me the Star Wars franchise is dying in the video game department. TWO Force Unleashed games, a Clone Wars game, and 3 installments in to Lego Star Wars and still no VS. multiplayer? Wtf moment? Thoroughly doubt we'll get it now. Although I would keep hoping for BF3, merely because if it doesn't come out, or if they don't bring back Jedi Academy games or SOMETHING that will hold our attention for more then a week, SW will die in the video game market.

In today's world Online Multiplayer IS where the money (and the fun) is. Fact.
TsC_Xanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #14
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabi1 View Post
What changes and new content are you hoping from this game? Here's some things I hope to see.

- Number of players: 18, 20, 24? At least not less.
- Bring fighters, bombers and troop carrier aircrafts back into ground levels, and add some more airspace for them to maneuver.

- Customization options: Possibility to (but only slightly) customize your armor, and perhaps some weapon attachments and class modifications.

- Improve space battles A LOT, make dogfighting more laser- than missile-based and add more depth and variation into the capital ship interiors.

- New game modes? Attack & Defend or some other objective game mode would work great in multiplayer. Endor, Rebels ---> destroy the shield bunker, Hoth, Imperials ---> destroy the shield generator etc.

In space levels other team spawns from a capital ship with less fighters and have to use turrets to defend from enemy raiding party and protect vital ship parts from sabotage or intel from being captured.

Stealth game mode with no respawns? Steal the Death Star plans, for example.

- Vehicles: Add first-person viewpoints for them, and make them available to more than one player, so that Imperial walkers would have a driver/main gunner, and a secondary gunner, for example. Some vehicles/aircraft already have this, and it works nicely.

- Better shooting and gameplay: Maybe a cover system? Lowered health to make enemies die quicker?

- Make single player campaigns and story for each faction deeper, maybe involving some squad elements and new main characters? For example, you get to play as the stormtrooper squad that is searching for the droids on Tatooine.

- New maps and locations:At least one map from every major planet we have seen (bring back some old favorites?), and some new ones, like Trade Federation starship interior, Death Star space battles and so on.
Those are some good ideas. It makes me even more excited for the game. I keep coming back to these forums hoping Ill find some leaked information =(

Maybe one day soon.

Edit: 1500th post!
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
shik210

shik210's Gamercard
i just hope the old republic is a playable faction
shik210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #16
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Those are some good ideas. It makes me even more excited for the game. I keep coming back to these forums hoping Ill find some leaked information =(

Maybe one day soon.

Edit: 1500th post!

that is sad...that I have been coming to this forum for SWBF3 for a long time. I made that post sooo long ago....that was a thousand posts ago lol.

Come out with the game already! Whoever made the game would make sooo much money
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
Dakirel

Okay, here are my ideas...

Locations:

Cloud City on Bespin
Alderaan
Death Star II
Invisible Hand
Cato Neimoidia
Saleucami
+ remade versions of all locations from Battlefront II

Heroes/Villains: (w/ unique abilities)

Republic
Obi Wan Kenobi (Master's Guidance - summons a ghost of Qui-Gon Jinn to fight with him)
Yoda (Jedi Training - can train troups into jedis)
Mace Windu (Rally - drops in a group of jedis that fight by your side until killed, and the dropship becomes a jedi spawning point until destroyed)
Padme (Arest - can arrest enemies)
Ki-Ad-Mundi (Strategic Influence - increases clones combat skills for limited time)
Aayla Secura (Call of Nature - turns planet's native species against the droids)

CIS
Darth Sidious (Palpatine - can appear as the chancellor and avoid fire from the clones, but cannot attack or move fast in this form)
Darth Maul (Sabre Block - after a otherwise fatal blow, instead of dying/retreating, the lightsaber will break into a single, followed by "combat reflexes" as described below which gives Maul a chance to get his health back before it times out)
Count Dooku (Focused Lightning - force lightning deactivates vehicles and cannot be blocked by a lightsaber)
Jango Fett (Bobba Fett - the young Boba Fett with fly above you in his fighter and shoot at enemies)
General Grievous (Protection - activates two body guards to protect him)
Zam Wessel (Changeling - can change to look the hero of the map and attack with their moveset, but only lasts a limited period of time)

Rebels
Luke Skywalker (Combat Reflexes - automatically reflects attacks essentially becoming invulnerable to all except explosives for a limited time)
Han Solo (Smuggler - loots bodies for credits, used for buying gear for units)
Leia Organa (Battle Plans - automatically controls enemy control points without having to wait)
Chewbacca (Rage - inflicts double damage for a short amount of time)
Lando Calrissian (Pilot - when in a cockpit of a vehicle, it become invincible)
Ben Kenobi (Mind Tricks - can make enemy stormtroopers fight for the rebels, doesn't work on villains)

Empire
The Emperor (Evil Lighting - continuously fires a lightning attack for a short amount of time)
Darth Vader (Life Support - when walking, all damage on him is halved, also, when his health reaches 0 his helmet blasts off and he is still playable for 20 seconds before death)
Jango Fett (Bag n' Tag - can net up rebels for credits)
Dark Anakin Skywalker (Foresight - can see AI's default motion paths)
Bossk (Leader of the Bounty Hunter's Guild - for as long as Bossk in in play, there will be a new unit type available, "Bounty Hunter", which will be a custom made template by the player w/ the advanced weaponry bought by the player)
Grand Moff Tarkin (Fleet Leader - can order a Star Destroyer to fire down in front of him, causing a big explosion)
Dakirel is offline   Reply With Quote