PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Virtua Tennis 2009 Achievement Guide (still being worked on)

TO VIEW THE SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS, GO TO THE SECOND PAGE OF THIS THREAD!

Virtua Tennis 2009 Achievement Guide
Thanks to 'Mark23' for the tremendous amount of help he has given.
Thanks to Wii60own for various achievement names and descriptions.
Thanks to everyone else for reading, contributing and giving critiques.

Fore!10 Hit a line judge

Fairly easy first achievement, you should get it in your first match. After playing a shot that your opponent cannot return, the ball may hit the back of the court (below the spectators). Here, there are line judges. The ball has to hit one of these people.

One Small Step...10 Win your first match in the World Tour

From the main menu, select 'World Tour' and then 'New License'. Create a player however you want and set his home location. From the map screen (the globe), move left or right to select the different events and activities going on that week of the season. A tournament will appear on the globe as a model of a stadium. If you need help finding one, press to bring up the map, listing all the events and where they occur. Select a playable tournament and win a match.

...One Giant Leap!15 Win your first tournament in the World Tour

Do the same as above, but win the whole tournament. Either singles, doubles or both. Extremely easy.

Make Friends & Influence People15 Make friends with 8 characters in World Tour

Visit your home in World Tour and from the home screen highlight 'partner list'. You shouldn't have anybody in this list if you are ranked around 70 or above in the Amateur Tour. To unlock this, you need 8 people to occupy the list. As I said, when you start making good progress in the rankings you will be invited to a practice match with a fictional character. Read the date he has set and when this date rolls around go to the location on the map corresponding to the match. I'm not sure if you have to win the match to befriend the opponent but you will probably win anyway. Repeat this process 7 times with different characters.

Quick and Easy15 Play and complete 25 events in Play mode

From the main menu, go to 'Play mode'. Set up a simple 1 game match under the 'Exhibition' tab. Play as any player against anyone else but don't worry about winning (unless you are also trying the below achievement). After the match (should take about 2-3 minutes), just press restart. Keep winning these matches until the achievement pops up.

Loving It15 Achieve 25 Love Games

You should try for this one while attempting the above achievement. Just set it to 'very easy' and win without your opponent winning a point (so your match point would be 40 - love, and then you win). If you happen to lose a point, donit worry. Just keep playing after unlocking the above achievement until you get this one, but it should be pretty easy.

Breaking the Speed Limit15 Hit a serve over 200kph/124.28miles

Set up a 'Play mode' match and set your character as Andy Roddick. During the match, hit a 'MAX' serve (when the serve bar is completely full, and a little 'MAX' symbol comes up next to it). as Andy is the fastest server in the game you will definitely unlock this one.

Big Hitter15 Achieve 250 MAX Serves

Simply playing the game a lot (and having good reactions) means you will get this after a while. Don't try for it, just play and it will all add up eventually. To view how many you have hit, go to your stats page in 'My VT' from the main menu.

Pushing it to the MAX!15 Achieve 3 Consecutive MAX Serves in a match.

To get this you have to hit a MAX serve 3 times in a row. There aren't too many hints I can give to this one, other than trying not to purposely get it. Becoming too focused on it may put you off.

Different Strokes15 Win 400 stroke points

Again, another you will get over the course of the game. Just win 400 points by hitting the ball after it has bounced. Unless you suck at the game and therefore can't hit the ball, you will definitely get this eventually. You can also use a second controller to keep winning points in this way, or get a friend to help you online. To view how many you have hit, go to your stats page in 'My VT' from the main menu.

Volleyball15 Win 300 volley points

Similar to the one above, another easy but time consuming achievement. Simply win the point by hitting the ball before it bounces, so try rushing to the next to make sure you hit the ball early. See 'Different Strokes' for an easy way to get this.
Super, Smashing, Great!15 Win 200 smash points

Yet another easy one. Just win 200 points by 'smashing' the ball. To smash the ball, you have to have your opponent return the ball high to you. While it's in the air you go to where it will land and press any button. If you are successful your character will smash the ball making it difficult to return. See 'Different Strokes' for an easy way to get this.

Aces High15 Score 100 Aces

Win 100 points with aces. An ace is when you serve the ball and your opponent can't return it. To help, hit a MAX serve and aim the ball into the corner of the court (move the left stick after pressing the serve button, but finishing before you press it again to set the power. Make sure you dont fault your serve). See 'Different Strokes' for an easy way to get this.

Over the Top15 Win 50 lob shot points

Just win 50 points by using the button. The ball doesn't actually have to travel over your opponents head. Try doing a drop shot (see below) and following it up with a lob. See 'Different Strokes' for an easy way to get this.

Drop and give me 50!15 Win 50 drop shot points

To do a drop shot, hold down on the left analog stick and hold or . You will know you have done it because the ball will travel over the net but dip so it lands close to the net. Quite hard, so try it on Very Easy difficulty. See 'Different Strokes' for an easy way to get this.

Your Country Needs You!15 Be selected for the Davis Cup team or Fed Cup in world tour.

When you reach Rank 75 in the Pro Tour of World Tour mode, you will be selected for one of the two teams above (I believe it is random). Win the tournament and the Achievement is yours.

Practise Makes Perfect15 Win 10 Practice Matches in world tour

See 'Make Friends & Influence People'. You have to win 10 practice matches so just play against one of your friends on your World Tour friends list 10 times and make sure you win.

Last edited by TJGamer360; 08-02-2009 at 12:03 PM.
TJGamer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Training to win20 Clear a level 8 training game in the World Tour.

Difficult and time consuming (actually getting to level 8, let alone completing the minigame). I think the easiest is either 'Shopping Dash' or 'Zoo Feeder'.

Schools Out20 Clear each academy mission in the World Tour

After completing (getting at least a medal) all of the academy missions. These are fairly easy but the Intermediate level ones only appear during your pro seasons, so It's time consuming.

Shopaholic20 Purchase 100 different items from the shop in world tour

Visit the Tennis Store in World Tour, and buy 100 different items. Make sure you have a fair ammount of money because items range from the thousands to the hundreds of thousands. However, there are 1500 items, so buying the cheapest ones shouldn't be too difficult.

Versatile Male20 Win a match with all Male Pro Players on default settings

See 'Last Woman Standing'.

Versatile Female20 Win a match with all Female Pro Players on default settings

Marathon Man20 Run a total of 10km

You will get this in time by simply playing matches. If you want to get it quicker, just run around a lot during matches.

Grass Stains20 Play 100 matches on a Grass Court

See 'Astro Carpet King'.

Play with Clay20 Play 100 matches on a Clay Court

See 'Astro Carpet King'.

Astro Carpet King20 Play 100 matches on an Artificial Court

To get these above achievements, simply play 100 matches on said surface. You will definitely get it during the World Tour mode if you play a decent ammount of tournaments. Be sure to check your records in the 'My VT' section of the main menu to see how many plays you have.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
King for a Day25 Unlock the secret player King.

See below.

That Dukes a hazard!25 Unlock secret player Duke

In the tournament called 'The King of Players' in World Tour, win the tournament for 2 consecutive seasons. Duke will unlock the first time, King the second.

Gold Medallist25 Unlock every gold medal in the game.

Go to the 'My VT' section of the main menu and you will see 'Medals'. These are similar to achievements or trophies but are specific to VT09. Simply fulfil the requirements for each medal.

Access all Areas25 Purchase every Court Pass in World Tour

Very time consuming because court passes are expensive (from around $25,000 to around $150,000). There are also 'night versions' of each court to buy. Visit the Tennis Store in World Tour to buy them.

Style Guru25 Unlock every basic play style in World Tour

Completing academy missions, minigames and practice matches raises three different ability bars. When a bar gets to the top, you unlock a new play style linked to that ability. Raise all three bars high enough to unlock the basic play styles of each ability.

Go Pro!30 Turn professional in World Tour

When your player is ranked inside the top 10 of the Amateur Tour, you will get a chance to turn pro. I STRONGLY advise not to go Pro until you are number one, or else the below achievement wont unlock.

Leader of the Pack30 Number 1 Amateur in the world

Awarded for becoming the number 1 Amateur player in World tour. Win enough tournaments to get your ranking to number 1.
National Treasure30 Win the Davis or Fed Cup in World Tour

See 'Your Country Needs You!', and then win the tournament you were selected to play in.

First Amongst Equals40 Rank #1 in the world in World Tour

Given after getting the number 1 Professional ranking in World Tour. This will be fairly hard as your opponents get more difficult the higher the ranking you become.

You are Gold!30 Complete every academy mission with a gold medal in World Tour.

See 'Schools Out', but you must achieve a gold medal in all the missions instead of just any medal.

Last Man Standing20 Beat all default Male Pro Players

Last Woman Standing20 Beat all Female Pro Players.

To get these 4 achievements, go to Play mode. Set up a simple exhibition match on any court. Make sure the AI is set to easy, and you only play 1 game (these are the default settings). When choosing your player, start with the first player on the list (i.e. Federer). Make your opponent Federer also. After winning, press 'Settings', then proceed to the character selection screen again. Now choose the second player (Nadal) and make your opponent Nadal. Continue in this way until you have beaten every default male and female player with every default male and female player. The 4 achievements will unlock, but not all at the same time.

Competitive Streak20 Complete 10 ranked matches in world tour.

Go to World Tour mode and visit the 'Online HQ'. There are 2 different types of ranked matches. Tournament ranked matches and basic 1 on 1 ranked matches. Choose whichever, and play 10 of them. You dont have to win.

Social Animal20 Complete 10 player matches

Go to 'Xbox Live' on the main menu and either set up or join a singles or doubles match. Complete 10 of either, or a mixture of the 2, to get the achievement. You don't have to win.

Last edited by TJGamer360; 08-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Up The Saunders

Send a message via MSN to Up The Saunders

Up The Saunders's Gamercard
Good so far.

Thanks for the effort u are putting into this.

It is appreciated.
Up The Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
wii60own

ZC KyleTheG UK's Gamercard
i was thinking of some sort of way of boosting the 50 drop shots, 50 lob shots, 100 aces etc. could you go online with friend and get it to deuce and then shay i am serving the other guy leaves it therefore getting ace then it will be advantage to me, then when i serve it next the other guy just does a lob shot an i leave it making it back to deuce, just rinse and repeat and you could get them achievements.

Thats if it counts when you play online.

Last edited by wii60own; 05-29-2009 at 04:51 PM.
wii60own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Reginaldted

reginaldted's Gamercard
Good guide mate.

For the underhand serve achievement - To be this good takes AGES - you can just do it on a local 2 player exhibition match with a second pad.
Reginaldted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Can anyone confirm that you got the 'beat all male players' and 'played as all male players' on easy?

I just went to exhibition and played as every guy (vs the same person) and won every match. Even got the medals for doing so on the awards screen - but no achievements. Any ideas?

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
Can anyone confirm that you got the 'beat all male players' and 'played as all male players' on easy?

I just went to exhibition and played as every guy (vs the same person) and won every match. Even got the medals for doing so on the awards screen - but no achievements. Any ideas?
Yes, you definitely can do it on easy. It might not be on default settings however. Try setting it to random courts if it isn't already. If that works, I'll change it in the guide.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You can get the achievements playing with a second controller. Get 50 Lobs, 50 Drops, 100 Aces etc. Just keep the game on duece and you will mostprobably even get the achievement 250 Max. at the same time. If you are going for the play 100 matches on gras etc. just make the game as short as possible, 1 game only with a second controller. Hope it helps
LeMansFahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Thanks for the help man, I'll update the guide soon.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #11
wii60own

just wondering if anyone has completed the fancy dress tournament that may be a secret achievement, probaly not but worth a try and maybe theres some the same as #3 like 3 strikes in a row
Old 05-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #12
CashlessGecko

KevinK_23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wii60own View Post
just wondering if anyone has completed the fancy dress tournament that may be a secret achievement, probaly not but worth a try and maybe theres some the same as #3 like 3 strikes in a row
Yeah, i've completed the Fancy dress tournament, and i got nothing.
Maybe for completing it in FULL fancy dress.

Also, i'm sure somebody on another thread mentioned;

Aaarrrrgh - Sink 3 Pirate Ships in the Pirate Mini Game.

Feed all the animals at the zoo was mentioned too, not sure, will let you know if i get any though, good guide so far!!!
CashlessGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #13
Maverick UKE

Send a message via MSN to Maverick UKE

MavericK XVII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post

i thought i had problems with this one before but then realised theres an extra male player on the player selection screen (Juan Carlos Ferrero) on the bottom row at the end of the women players!!! (11 male pro's and 9 female pro's)

dunno if uve missed him but thought id mention it cos i did at first lol

Maverick UKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #14
T R I M M 3 R

xG I TRiM's Gamercard
In regards to unlocking King and Duke, if its anything like VT3 then you unlock them through the tournament mode.
Dono if its still the same.
T R I M M 3 R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #15
CashlessGecko

KevinK_23's Gamercard
Cherry Picker - 20G - Collect 20 Cherries In A Single Game Of Avalanche

Dr Doolittle - 20G - Feed All Types Of Animals In A Single Game Of Zookeeper.

These must be done on PlayMode.

There's also a few others.
CashlessGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #16
VitalHook

VitalHook's Gamercard
For To be this good takes AGES, I tried it online and I served a double fault and it popped up.Might be glitched, I don't know but keep trying and it should work.

Completed Retail Games : 7
Completed Arcade Games : 2

Games Currently Working On

NHL 09 (300/1000)
Fifa 09 (895/1250)
Last Completed Game
NBA Street HOMECOURT (07/04/09)
VitalHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalHook View Post
For To be this good takes AGES, I tried it online and I served a double fault and it popped up.Might be glitched, I don't know but keep trying and it should work.
Yes, I think it's a glitch too. My friend also got it by double faulting online.

And to everybody who has contributed, its nearing 11PM so I need to get off soon. I have school tomorrow also, so the newer version of the guide should be up by about 5PM GMT.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
Jose Bear

Jose Bear's Gamercard
Try your best to aim your serve (I mention how to in 'Aces High') towards the middle of the pins. You dont have to hit a MAX Serve every time to be guaranteed a strike. A strike is when you knock down all of the pins on your first attempt at the frame. This is also known as a 'turkey'.

A turkey is three strikes in a row mate, you might want to change that.

Any news on King & Duke - I tried Arcade mode but kept getting Boris Becker.
Jose Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
charmed699

Hey guys,

I just got an offer to go professional last night after winning the amateur final. Just want to warn you all to not accept it if your not number 1 because the achievement for it will not unlock. I just spent the last 3 days getting down and missed it just as I was at 4th position! :P
charmed699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
wii60own

yer, luckly i was 8th place an the day before the tournament i went down to 9 so i couldnt enter the tournament till next year :P so if it wernt for that i would of missed the achievement lol
Old 06-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
ihbg21

Send a message via Skype™ to ihbg21

ihbg21's Gamercard
Thank you sooo much, this guide really helps me !
ihbg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #22
Friks

Quote:
Go Pro!30 Turn professional in World Tour

Awarded after becoming the number 1 Amateur player in World Tour and then turning Professional.
U Dont need to become the number 1 in Amateur , u just need to win the last tournament 1-8 , and this is where the problem happned also to me .

Quote:
Hey guys,

I just got an offer to go professional last night after winning the amateur final. Just want to warn you all to not accept it if your not number 1 because the achievement for it will not unlock. I just spent the last 3 days getting down and missed it just as I was at 4th position! :P
Be sure to go number 1 on amateur so u can unlock 30G , if u accept after winning the tournament an u are not in 1st say bye bye to 30G and to 10 Hours of your life !! ( yup never gonna get that 30g back )

Nice guide bro
Friks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #23
dex1888

zI CeltiC Iz's Gamercard
Does anyone know if playing both singles and doubles in world tour makes you rank up quicker ?

Edit: seen it in another forum

Last edited by dex1888; 06-02-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: correction
dex1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #24
bakum4tsu

Any updates on this guide?

bakum4tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #25
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Unfortunaly not mate it looks as if the guy who started the guide is'nt going to finish it, i know it says still being worked on but all the secret achievements have been revealed with ways to unlock them & he still has'nt updated the guide with them.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #26
Jimbo76

Jimbo76's Gamercard
Good effort. but any chance you can update the secret achievements?

Jimbo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #27
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Maybe he doesn't play the game anymore?

WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsMonk View Post
Maybe he doesn't play the game anymore?
Maybe thats true but whats the point in starting something & don't intend to finish it. Its not as though it would take much effort just to copy & paste the secret achievements from the secret achievements thread with a few corrections & the guide would be complete.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #29
bakum4tsu

Hmm someone should do it and put the guide in the achievements page like many other games.

bakum4tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #30
cxr666

cxr666's Gamercard
Great guide Is it possible to somehow boost this with a second controller???
cxr666 is offline   Reply With Quote