PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
SLYTHE U UP

SLYTHE U UP's Gamercard
TONY romo Pro Bowl???????

I think Tony Romo should not have been into the pro bowl, you know what, he is he's a peoples person, just cause he had like what 3 or 4 good games,every one thinks he's John Elway,look what happened with Rex Grossman had about 4 good games,then he was a peoples person, but look at him now. rest of his games were horrible, almost losing to the cardinals,him throwing 1.3 passer rating, i really think Jeff Garcia should have made it instead of him.
SLYTHE U UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
Gunstar Chaos

Gunstar Chaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The reason the kid has had the first good games were because no one has been able to scout him. You don't know how to defend someone without knowing their moves, their flaws, their etc.
Gunstar Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Buttcheeks

TrX Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This guy definately does not deserve to be in the pro bowl. The biggest reason is he has only played in half of the cowboys games this season. Secondly he had a few good games but so did Rex Grossman. I am a huge Bears fan and i wouldn't even have picked Grossman for the Pro Bowl.

I think he was only picked because he's the next Tom Brady type QB with the good looks and the possibility of a great career. He's been skyrocketed to celebrity status all of a sudden. Taking pictures before this weeks game with carrie underwood. This guy doesn't care if the Cowboys win or lose. Did anyone see him in the 4th quarter smiling on the bench while his team was getting killed?
Buttcheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
sadly, it's all about where you play...

Marc Bulger,
Jon Kitna,
Eli Manning,
Michael Vick... all played the entire year and put up some decent numbers. all more deserving of a pro bowl than a rookie who played half of a season
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
plus the NFC is shat for qb's this year... the AFC is stacked if you ask me...huge bengals fan but i thought Tom Brady deserved over Palmer...palmer played like crap this year...
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by erton View Post
plus the NFC is shat for qb's this year... the AFC is stacked if you ask me...huge bengals fan but i thought Tom Brady deserved over Palmer...palmer played like crap this year...
not to say you're wrong....but.... you are.

Palmer has a 94.1 rating, Brady 87.0
Palmer is only behind Manning for Pass Yards & TDs.
But he does have waaaay better WRs than Brady I suppose.

I had to give him some love, cuz he just helped me win my Fantasy Football League and $275! But Brady is just as deserving...dont get me wrong.

the NFC is a joke though compared to the AFC. trust me, i am a vikings fan.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
i speak only from the ass whooping that Brady gave my bengals this year...brady is a winner with losers...palmer is mediocre with great talent.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #8
Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erton View Post
i speak only from the ass whooping that Brady gave my bengals this year...brady is a winner with losers...palmer is mediocre with great talent.
Very True. A lot of it is the coaching as well...
Old 12-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
SLYTHE U UP

SLYTHE U UP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaaady Souljah View Post
sadly, it's all about where you play...

Marc Bulger,
Jon Kitna,
Eli Manning,
Michael Vick... all played the entire year and put up some decent numbers. all more deserving of a pro bowl than a rookie who played half of a season
Marc Bulger did make the Pro-Bowl, you probably wouldn't know but I would because i'm a Rams fan and I just need to know these things.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
messym

NE Pats 2004's Gamercard
The pro bowl is a sham anyway. It's not about who has performed this year, it's about the same people making it every year regardless of how they compare to others at their position. The system is terrible.
messym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
Gunstar Chaos

Gunstar Chaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Out of that list of four only Bulger is deserving. Vick has never been deserving but has been in many years. Eli has been a screw-up 50% of the season and Kitna is almost there in my opinion. Just not there yet.
Gunstar Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #12
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Romo isn't bad but he's definitely not Pro Bowl talent..yet.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:50 AM   #13
thepirate1214

thepirate1214's Gamercard
romo still is a rookie, only 1 years expierience starting, he need more years, i think he'll choke in the playoffs
thepirate1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:24 AM   #14
SLYTHE U UP

SLYTHE U UP's Gamercard
If they even make it to the playoffs because Jeff Garcia and the Eagles are going to clinch division. But Tony Romo is still a rookie and with Terrel Owens dropping 14 passes I don't think progress is in a good state.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #15
RadicalSniper99

RadicalSniper99's Gamercard
Romo

I definently agree that Romo doesn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl, but it came down to the fact the he came in and aved a season (I guess?). Because of this and most of the other great quarterbacks in the NFC were injured, he became a shoe-in for a spot on the team. If the league waited a couple of weeks, people would realize Jeff Garcia should be in while Romo is at home.

I could see Vince Young being more deserving than Romo. Sure my view is skewed, but Young is probably one of the best leaders of a team right now. His numbers aren't the best out there, but a win is a win. Especially when your team almost makes the playoffs.

Retail- Enchanted Arms, Phantasy Star Universe (Base 1000, no dowload), Borderlands (Full 1750), Lollipop Chainsaw, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Prototype II

Arcade - Galaga, Crystal Quest, Uno, Worms, Boom Boom Rocket, Arkadian Warriors, Banjo Kazooie, Crystal Defenders, Dash of Destruction, The Maw, 1 vs 100, Bastion, Harms Way, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, 3D Ultra Minigolf, Deathspank
RadicalSniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
Tron

erton's Gamercard

i think vince young should have gotten it over romo and garcia...that guy is ridiculous and he is turning that shit team around.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #17
Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Vince wouldve probably made it if he were in the NFC, but he is in the company of Manning, Palmer, Brady, etc... in the AFC.

It should be Garcia instead in the NFC for sure though.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #18
SLYTHE U UP

SLYTHE U UP's Gamercard
thats true ever since vince young started or palyed the titans changed complteley they do beter with vince then they did with McNair except for the 99' season