PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Kinect Joy Ride
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
FunkSoulStrange

FunkSoulStrange's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievements are on the main page so need to repeat them. As far as earning 1k, it really does not look that bad for someone that is in shape. As a big guy, I was sweating a lot after an hour of play and there is a lot of stretching and leaning, you seriously should stretch first as you will probably get a sore back. That said, many of them don't seem that hard. For each of the 5 offline modes, there is a play 10 races and and then play 30 races of each mode for a total of 75*5 for 375. While doing that you will probably pick up several event specific achievements, count ones where you do something x times and another 100 points for playing on all the tracks. All totaled it looks like 850 points should be fairly easy just playing (with a friend for a couple of them but real quick) and probably 150 if you are skilled and hit your platinum trophies in 15-20 hours. Only 50 points are for flawless or platinum skills, but the 100 point achievement to unlock all the cars probably requires you hit all the platinum.

My biggest complaint is the menus, they are slow and you need to return to them pretty much every race and adds a lot of down time you could be playing. The different modes are fun, with the trick one being my favorite... its reminds me off SSX Tricky and your car is pretty much a big snowboard!
New Goal: 90k by 5/1/12
FunkSoulStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
FunkSoulStrange

FunkSoulStrange's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can confirm that the "Been there,done that" achievement for 100 points for racing all the tracks is pretty easy. I don't have my 5 hour achievement yet and I have already unlocked it. As far as the drive every car for 100 points that one will take time, there are 4 variations for each car to unlock. I'm at 12,291 fans right now and I have unlocked them all once and 5 different variations so far so its gonna be a while on that.

I can also confirm that the 5 and 10 hour of playtime achievements are race time online, not menu selection or just game running. I have over 130 races/events in so far and the 5 hour did not pop. The bonus collector for collecting 5000 items on the stunt event is going to take a while, I did 40 stunt events total and did not get it.

Edit Again: For some reason I cannot stop playing this game so I kept it another day. I have all the play 30 achievements for each of the 5 activities and probably another 20 stunt matches to get the items and still no 5 hour achievement. I don't think its bugged, just not 5 hours of actual race/event time. The good news is the unlock all cars achievement is not so bad, I have 25000 of the 29000 needed to unlock all the cars. If had more skill I'd have probably already unlocked that achievement but I mostly bronze and silver medal on everything.

I'll finish up unlocking the cars and 5 hr event only time before returning it and at that point I'll have about 18 hours of actual playtime and 825-850 points. No matter how good you are, the 10 hour event time will take 30-35 hours of real time to complete and its worth 50 points. I did a lot of the shorter events for the count, so if you focused on a longer event and did not return to the main menu you could probably shave off a few hours. Probably my biggest complaint is the down time in menus.
New Goal: 90k by 5/1/12

Last edited by FunkSoulStrange; 12-02-2010 at 06:01 AM.
FunkSoulStrange is offline   Reply With Quote