Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Homefront
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
BattleX

battlex's Gamercard
Barcodes

Did anyone scan the barcodes in the game yet? Been noticing a cople of them during my playthroughs and I'm wondering wether it's actually possible to scan them and what they link to....

(For those that don't know what 'm talking about, there's 1 at the start of chapter 2 and one in the gym in chapter 3 for example...)
BattleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
bleeap

Send a message via AIM to bleeap Send a message via MSN to bleeap Send a message via Yahoo to bleeap

Bleeap's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No one has this game
bleeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
BattleX

battlex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeap View Post
No one has this game
I'm afraid you're quite wrong, it's been in stores since saturday here in Holland
Old 03-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
Flow

Send a message via AIM to Flow Send a message via MSN to Flow Send a message via Yahoo to Flow

Flowin 92's Gamercard
Damn, I have made two playthroughs for the game. One of them on Guerrilla and one on Normal and have yet to see a barcode.

Quote:
No one has this game
This game has been leaked since last week and it is out in some stores. Why post if you're going to be wrong and sound like an idiot?

Last edited by Flow; 03-14-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
RudeBoy TK

RudeBoy TK's Gamercard
i find some info :

I recently started playing "Homefront" and it is an amazing game. While I was playing I noticed there were QR codes around the map in Single Player, I haven't checked Multiplayer yet. To be able to decode the QR codes you need a newer phone such as a Droid or Iphone with these phones there are programs that decode the QR code and get you really cool things such as Homefront wallpapers and promotional invites to different clothing companies. There may be more things such as free codes but, I haven't found any yet.

Here is one of the websites you get when a QR code is decoded:
http://aug.me/NMQC5r

It's a free wallpaper and a video
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Flow

Send a message via AIM to Flow Send a message via MSN to Flow Send a message via Yahoo to Flow

Flowin 92's Gamercard
Thanks RudeBoy TK. I just loaded up the game and found the one OP was talking about and scanned it. The wallpaper is shit though.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
Kaskade

AWESOME X 916's Gamercard
Quote:
No one has this game
I have a legit copy since my local mom and pop electronic store is closing down in a few weeks so they sold it to me today since they cant compete with the walmarts,gamestops and amazon.But of course I did not play online since i'm afraid of getting punished by MS for buying a legit copy.
Kaskade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
Flow

Flowin 92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaskade View Post
I have a legit copy since my local mom and pop electronic store is closing down in a few weeks so they sold it to me today since they cant compete with the walmarts,gamestops and amazon.But of course I did not play online since i'm afraid of getting punished by MS for buying a legit copy.
You won't get punished. Many people have the game legit and Microsoft knows that. They just look for people that have the pirated versions and if that's not you; they would know.

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.”-Tupac.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #9
projesman

Projesman's Gamercard
Bar code scan...pretty cool.
projesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #10
BattleX

battlex's Gamercard
Cheers rudeboy!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #11
gameplayer888

Hey, guys. I have a question. What kind of barcode reader should we use to read the barcode? I googled and found many barcode readers, like Java barcode reader, .NET barcode reader, etc. I tried some. It did not work on it.
gameplayer888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #12
cindy313

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer888 View Post
Hey, guys. I have a question. What kind of barcode reader should we use to read the barcode? I googled and found many barcode readers, like Java barcode reader, .NET barcode reader, etc. I tried some. It did not work on it.
There's no real magic in a reader that can identify a series of narrow and wide white and black stripes. Every barcode reader does that.

The firmware in the reader then converts the information according to the formats that are coded into it. If a valid conversion is found, the numeric/ASCII equivalent is returned.

The trick is that a lot of formats look very similar. It's possible that a barcode can return one value when decoded in Format "A" and another when decoded in Format "B". It's important that the reader have an expectation (priority) of certain formats to prevent misinterpreting an unsupported barcode format.

Last edited by cindy313; 01-22-2014 at 03:51 AM.
cindy313 is offline   Reply With Quote