PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Rampaging Baneful Blood - Yet Another Methodology :)

Having read so much about this achievment, and having finally unlocked it last night, I thought that I would share my views.

First off, I didn't bother getting the splatter or special skill bracelets. To get these, you have to master a dual sword combo, which I found to be impossible. I'm not very good at this cool combo lark!

Instead, I used a fully maxed out Saki, and practised her single sword cool combo over and over. It's actually not that hard to learn. It has a real rhythm to it... x..x.x.x......x......x......x.x....x. Starts with four quick (including initial press), then three slow, then one very quick, then one medium. I found it really helps if you can feel the rhythm of it. Interestingly, I found it more confusing to look at what Saki was doing... her movements made it hard for me to keep the timing. Believe it or not, I usually looked away or closed my eyes when doing the combo! A lot of people were saying that it helps to look, because you can hit X when the sword strikes, but I foind it very misleading, for some odd reason.

As to the matter of where the splatter gauge should be so that double rampage is enabled... looking at Saki's picture, there is a patch of light on the fringe of her hair, like a shiny bit. Get the gauge up so that the shine is just covered. It may look as if it has gone too far up, but it's just the right amount for a full cool combo to trigger rampage on the final hit. Naturally, mess it up, and you'll need a Goddess fragment to try again.

The bloodmist that I used was on level 7. After the initial outside bit, go to the car park. Kill everything there, and then go through the locked door in the carpark. The blood mist in there is on his own. You can get to it very quickly, which is handy when you've been practising, and everything is still fresh in your mind.

When going for the combo, get behind the bloodmist, or wait till he is walking away from you, and starts walking against a wall... otherwise he may hit you mid combo.

Think that's it! Hope this helps someone... it is a chellenging achievement, just keep going at it, and it'll come in the end!

And to everyone who mastered Aya's double sword combo... HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?! RESPECT!!!

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips. Glad to see someone else has trouble with Aya's combos. I prefer Saki's as I can link her combos with relative ease unlike Aya's >_>

ParoXyzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
My BR Is Evil

Frankie Kramer's Gamercard
Def thanks for the tip because i needed help with that
Old 11-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
can confirm that your method works. Got my first Rampaging Baneful Blood quest that way! Anyway, I found the method mentioned in the developer's walkthrough much much easier. Guess it depends on, which cool combo you are best at.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Some good tips there Ooyah it gained me the achievement the only thing I done differently was actually to get the splatter control bracelet as you can get it with an 8 hit combo so you dont need dual swords so its easily gettable with Saki's cool combo.

A little tip as other ppl have given their tips as to how they did their cool combos heres mine as you do a cool combo a correct hit creates a white cross use this as your marker as to when to hit X again which is as soon as you see it, it made the combos relatively easy for me when I got this down.

Last edited by Dead Herb; 01-26-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Dead Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Herb View Post
Some good tips there Ooyah it gained me the achievement the only thing I done differently was actually to get the splatter control bracelet as you can get it with an 8 hit combo so you dont need dual swords so its easily gettable with Saki's cool combo.

A little tip as other ppl have given their tips as to how they did their cool combos heres mine as you do a cool combo a correct hit creates a white cross use this as your marker as to when to hit X again which is as soon as you see it, it made the combos relatively easy for me when I got this down.
Hey mate.

Ooooh, I didn't realise that the splatter bracelet Blood Mist could be done in eights hits... nice one, that would help.

As for the 'white cross' thing, it must just be me. I just could not do the cool combos when looking at the screen. I always had to either close my eyes or look away from the screen. Whenever I looked at her movements, or the crosses, I would always mess it up. Which sounds really dumb, I know.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
delluxxo

Adored Delluxxo's Gamercard
Cool Combo mastering is really the hardest thing in this game
delluxxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
FFFreak1129

FFFreak1129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is the method I'm using to get the achievement. I practiced Saki's cool combo for about 10 minutes and then when to level 7. Having the timing bar on in practice helps knowing what to look for when you are doing it on a level and don't have the timing bar to help. I watched the bar at first and then looked at Saki to see how it looked and then I turned the bar off to make sure I could still do it.

Took a little bit of time but its way easier pulling off a cool combo with her then it is with Aya.

I managed to get level 1 of the achievement. Hopefully it wasn't just me getting lucky and I can finish off the next two levels.
FFFreak1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Ishiyumi

Ishiyumi Shinn's Gamercard
a good advice that worked for me
somebody at the achievement guide threat said go chapter 17
that works for the achievement (since you don't need to kill the bloodmist and theres a stone close just go left at the start of the chapter and you'll see the stone infront of you , and at the right corridor at the end a room with the bloodmist)
just focus on pressing X when theres a X at the screen
i used saki (is the little girl right?) and after 3 hours trying different stuff that was the one that worked better
be carefull when she jumps you need to press X twice
checking the light at the ground also works but the X thing at the screen was easier
Ishiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote