PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Altered Beast
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
IamTheKoP

iamthekop's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

OK, first attempt at a guide and map, any suggestions are welcomed Really easy game, figured I'd start simple.

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2
-Offline: 11 (190)
-Online: 1 (10)
-Approximate amount of time to 200 1-2hours depending on skill
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1. You will also need to simply start a game 3 more times but you do not need to play through the whole game.
-Number of missable achievements: 3, UNTOUCHABLE, GIANT MAN and THREE IN A ROW.
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: None known of
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Only one (RENAISSANCE MAN), simply a matter of starting a game on each of the 4 difficulties. Actual playthrough can be done on any difficulty.

SINGLE PLAYER
Start Playing on EASY with lives and energy set to MAX. Save often (maybe after every enemy encounter) to help you avoid taking damage and ensure you get all 3 spirit balls per level (This will unlock GIANT MAN and THREE IN A ROW). Also, try to kill as many wolves as you can from the start. Energy does not refill at the start of a new level so try to conserve it as much as possible during the first 2 levels (This is why reloading a recent save can be handy). Once you get to Level 3 you will unlock UNTOUCHABLE assuming you did not lose any lives. After this point you can die and continue as needed since your score does not reset.
Continue through the game, making sure to kill all the wolves you can and collecting spirit balls (Makes things MUCH easier). By the time you beat the 4th boss you should have all 3 score achievements (Each level will give you 100000pts). You should get your 30 wolves kill by the last level. Finish up the game and enjoy the credits.
Start a new game on each of the remaining difficulty levels to get RENAISSANCE MAN. You can quit out as soon as you get control of your character.

Try to find an online multiplayer game. You just need to start the game and the achievement will unlock. If you need help try the ACHIEVEMENT TRADING THREAD.

Giant Man 10
Collect a Spirit Ball.

White Wolves give you spirit balls which will upgrade your character. Simply kill the first White Wolf and get the spirit ball. Easy.

Three in a Row 10
Collect Spirit Balls from the first three White Wolves in any level - Single Player mode only.

Easiest on the first level. Just kill all 3 White Wolves and this is yours. If you're having trouble just save often and if you miss one reload your save. There are only 3 White Wolves per level so if you miss one you will not be able to fully upgrade your character for that level, making the level bosses that much more difficult.

Boss I 15
Defeat the first level boss.

Kill the first Boss. Easiest if you fight him while fully upgraded (all 3 spirit balls). If you're having trouble then use this strategy : Stand towards the left of the screen and keep hitting him with your fireballs (punch) until he stops attacking you. Dash (kick) towards him to destroy his projectiles and hit him. Return to the left side and repeat this until he is dead.

Untouchable 25
Reach the third level without losing a life.

OK, this one might pose a small challenge but it's not that bad. Start the game on EASY with MAX energy and MAX lives. Make sure to abuse the save feature and you should have no problem. If you want, kill an enemy (or group) and save if you took no damage. If you took damage, then reload your last save. work through it like that and is should be quick. It really helps to get fully powered up to make things easier. You only have to make it to the 3rd level, not beat it.

Boss III 15
Defeat the third level boss.

Kill the Third Boss. Easiest if you fight him while fully upgraded (all 3 spirit balls). If you're having trouble then use this strategy : Keep rolling into him (kick). You will bounce off of him, when this happens just move back in and keep attacking. Try to avoid his projectiles if you can. At this point you should have already gotten to Level 3 without dying so if you keep having to continue it won't hurt you.

Complete The Game 25
Finish the game.

Really simple. If you find you're having trouble getting through the game just set it to EASY and MAX energy and lives. Not only that, but I think you get unlimited continues. The nice part is, you don't lose your score when you continue so it makes the scoring achievements that much easier.

Renaissance Man 25
Start the game once with each of the four difficulty settings.

Very simple. Just start a new game on each difficulty. As soon as the game starts, quit to the menu and start the next difficulty.

Points I 10
Score 150,000 points.

See "Points III"

Points II 15
Score 250,000 points.

See "Points III"

Points III 25
Score 350,000 points.

Pretty simple as points are high even on Easy, seeing as you get 100000 for defeating each boss. Kill as many enemies as you can to help with this one, should come right before you fight the 4th boss, if not then if definitely will when you kill him.

Wolf Hunter 15
Kill 30 two-headed wolves.

Just kill 30 wolves throughout the game, they appear in all levels. Pretty easy as there are many more than 30. Not sure if this over all of your games but it's not too hard to do in one playthrough.

Multiple Beasts 10
Play in an online multiplayer game.

Just join an online session. Unlocks as soon as the game starts. Use the Achievement Trading Thread if you need help finding someone to play with http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=146537

Last edited by IamTheKoP; 06-11-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Finished Guide and Road Map
IamTheKoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
IamTheKoP

iamthekop's Gamercard
Reserved in case I need the space once I add pix and Road map.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
nWo Member69

nWo Skyline's Gamercard
nice guide dude but the game way easy dont need i guide lol

***80,000 Gamerscore - 07-20-10***
***70,000 Gamerscore - 12-30-09***
***60,000 Gamerscore - 08-25-09***
***50,000 Gamerscore - 02-20-09***
nWo Member69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
IamTheKoP

iamthekop's Gamercard
Oh, I know it's easy. I actually think it took me longer to make the guide than to get the 200 But, There wasn't one up and I figured it'd be a simple one to tackle for my first try so why not?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
OnEdEcK

OnEdEcK's Gamercard
nice work!! I'll DL it now.

OnEdEcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
lckynuts

Send a message via ICQ to lckynuts Send a message via AIM to lckynuts Send a message via MSN to lckynuts

xLUCKYxNUTSx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just wandering if the multiplayer in this game is co op and if we could get all the achievements in co op?

100 percent retail- 45
100 percant arcade - 23
lckynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
IamTheKoP

iamthekop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lckynuts View Post
Just wandering if the multiplayer in this game is co op and if we could get all the achievements in co op?
I think the multi is co-op, but I can't say for sure since every game I played the other person quit out as soon as the achievement popped for them
As for getting the achievements, I don't see why not except for the THREE IN A ROW one since it states single player in the description.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTheKoP View Post

Three in a Row 10
Collect Spirit Balls from the first three White Wolves in any level - Single Player mode only.

Easiest on the first level. Just kill all 3 White Wolves and this is yours. If you're having trouble just save often and if you miss one reload your save. There are only 3 White Wolves per level so if you miss one you will not be able to fully upgrade your character for that level, making the level bosses that much more difficult.
There are several White Wolves on each level. Around five or six. To get this achievement you have to get the Spirit Ball of the first three White Wolves in a level - like the description says. Just fully upgrading your character does not count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTheKoP View Post
Points III 25
Score 350,000 points.

Pretty simple as points are high even on Easy, seeing as you get 100000 for defeating each boss. Kill as many enemies as you can to help with this one, should come right before you fight the 4th boss, if not then if definitely will when you kill him.
It doesn't matter if you play on easy or a harder difficulty. The normal enemies give the same amount of points (100 for each of the zombies on level 1). I played through the game on easy and got 50.000 for each Boss and 20.000 for one of the bosses. Finished the game with around 328.000 points.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
cloud7str1fe

Cloud7Str1fe's Gamercard
Looking at this guide made me get the game

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
There are several White Wolves on each level. Around five or six. To get this achievement you have to get the Spirit Ball of the first three White Wolves in a level - like the description says. Just fully upgrading your character does not count.
Just played the first level and there is only 3 white wolves, there is another 3 brown wolves that dont count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
It doesn't matter if you play on easy or a harder difficulty. The normal enemies give the same amount of points (100 for each of the zombies on level 1). I played through the game on easy and got 50.000 for each Boss and 20.000 for one of the bosses. Finished the game with around 328.000 points.
Beat the first level and got 100,000 for doing the first level.

EDIT2: Playing co-op there is more white wolves and less end round points.

EDIT3: I think if you miss a wolf and dont get fully powered up, you cannot fight the boss making the level longer making the round bonus smaller.

Currently playing:Lots...
Completion: 44 Retail 24 Arcade 5 WP7 3 W8

Boosting: Band Hero (Send me messages to boost)
Latest Completed Games:

Retail: Fable Anniversary
Arcade: The Walking Dead
WP7: geoDefense (No more phone)
W8: Jetpack Joyride

Last edited by cloud7str1fe; 06-11-2009 at 12:02 PM.
cloud7str1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud7str1fe View Post
Just played the first level and there is only 3 white wolves, there is another 3 brown wolves that dont count.
I always miss the third Wolve (running from the left, following one or two Brown Wolves) and a bit later there comes another White Wolve who gives me the full upgrade.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
GS JuNk3E

GS JuNk3E's Gamercard

Nice guide. Thanks for the tips.
GS JuNk3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Septic

SepticSchizo's Gamercard
The Good way to get the achievement called Points III (350 000 points in a game) is go into multiplayer select local co-op (plug in a second controller) start the game and kill everything and collect the spirit balls.You never have to touch the second player as the screen pushes him foward. I had trouble with this achievement playing single player.

Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
IamTheKoP

iamthekop's Gamercard
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Every bit of info helps on making a more complete guide.
So, I did some checking and it is true that you don't always get the 100000 bonus for completing a stage. I think it is dependant on if you miss a spirit ball during the stage. I didn't notice because I always went for all three as soon as possible. I'll do some more research when not at work and update the guide as needed. Sorry about that.
As for the multiplayer I can confirm that it is co-op online and you can get some of the achievements that way. I watched my friend play the game fresh and he started it online and got a few of them while at it.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
Invader999

wdog999's Gamercard

When I played it, the game wouldn't let me fight the boss until I got 3 spirit balls. This means if you want wolf hunter without going through more annoying levels that have the wolves going faster, you can just never collect spirit balls until you get the achievement. This should also tell you that
  1. Try to get the spirit balls in one go so you don't have to deal with more enemies.
  2. The bosses probably couldn't get easier unless there was an invincibility cheat.

Join my 360voice challenge!
http://www.360voice.com/join/R9B4OXEE
Invader999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #15
YoshiMiyamoto

Send a message via AIM to YoshiMiyamoto

YoshiMiyamoto's Gamercard
I posted in the "Wolf Hunter" thread already, but the guide should be updated when you have time so people can accurately see how to get it. The game isn't hard at all, but the achievement description isn't specific as to how many playthroughs and which wolves count for the achievement. I'll post again what I posted in that thread:

I just got Wolf Hunter and can confirm that it must be done in one playthrough. The trick to doing it is to avoid collecting the third spirit ball for as long as possible - by not transforming into beast form you will not fight the boss and can keep scrolling through the level killing wolves.

If you want it quicker, you can even save each time you kill a wolf just in case you miss the next one or two that come along.

I can also confirm that the white wolves DO count towards the achievement.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #16
RECKLESS x360a

Send a message via AIM to RECKLESS x360a

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I played this on Sonic's UGC. Looked easy then and it looks easy now, so I am going to d/l this right now. Good work on the guide as well.
RECKLESS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to BTHR Zero X Send a message via MSN to BTHR Zero X Send a message via Yahoo to BTHR Zero X

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiMiyamoto View Post
I posted in the "Wolf Hunter" thread already, but the guide should be updated when you have time so people can accurately see how to get it. The game isn't hard at all, but the achievement description isn't specific as to how many playthroughs and which wolves count for the achievement. I'll post again what I posted in that thread:

I just got Wolf Hunter and can confirm that it must be done in one playthrough. The trick to doing it is to avoid collecting the third spirit ball for as long as possible - by not transforming into beast form you will not fight the boss and can keep scrolling through the level killing wolves.

If you want it quicker, you can even save each time you kill a wolf just in case you miss the next one or two that come along.

I can also confirm that the white wolves DO count towards the achievement.
Yeah well I got Wolf Hunter on my Second Play through on the Second Level and I am pretty sure there aint 30+ wolfs in the first level
BTHR Zero X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
YoshiMiyamoto

Send a message via AIM to YoshiMiyamoto

YoshiMiyamoto's Gamercard
Well I played through the game twice and must have killed 60+ wolves without getting it.

I started a third game and used the method from my post while keeping track of each wolf I killed, and got it on exactly the 30th one. I don't think anybody would have posted a question about it if it were as easy as it seemed to be for you...perhaps it is glitchy?

Can anyone else share when they got it or whether they kept track of it?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #19
PalmettoPanda

omegaragesc's Gamercard
I got 30 on level 3 of my second playthrough.
PalmettoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #20
-Sonic-

Sonic Showerman's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure this is one of my least favorite games for Genesis. It's so hard for me to stomach grinding the easy 200 out of it. Thanks for the guide/roadmap-ish thing though. Makes an easy 200 even easier.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #21
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just got it. Essentially I paid 400ms points for 200 gs.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #22
Mr Achievement

Send a message via MSN to Mr Achievement

Mr Achievement's Gamercard
Thanx for putting this together... Helped me on my way to a quick 200.

Why is this being used on the Official Listing but doesn't have a sticky in the Forum? =)
Mr Achievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
IRA GUNNER AFC

Mars A7X's Gamercard
good guide thx man = )
Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #24
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Great Guide dude man bro
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
killkenny

FAR QZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Great guide easy game
killkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #26
mighty1

Send a message via Yahoo to mighty1

The Smoking Ace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
great guide. pretty straight forward. i can't help but stress to utilize the save and reload feature, it really helps pick up the pattern of the foes, where they come from, timing ti attack before they do, the boss fights, etc. again great guide but it should be updated with how to vids on how to defeat the bosses for those having difficulty
My All-Time Greatest Challange Success: Dead Rising 1000/1000 =100% Game Completion

All Time Favorite Achievement: Day7 in Dead Rising

Hey Yo I Stay Ballin

mighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #27
HowManyBullets

HowManyBullets's Gamercard
Thanks, easy points
HowManyBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #28
A 1971 Mach 1

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Thanks for the guide! Should be stickied!
A 1971 Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
Rolled

Send a message via MSN to Rolled

SmoBalls's Gamercard
Thanks

Thanks alot, still having trouble with the not dieing in the first 3 levels, such a bad game for xbox controller lol, hard to move and hit kids, thanks alot tho :P
Rolled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #30
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
Loved this game back in the day, thanks for the guide.

Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote