Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prototype
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Izesparks

Send a message via AIM to Izesparks

ManipulatdTruth's Gamercard
Easiest way to defeat final boss!! SPOILERS!

After a few hours worth of pain and anguish i got bored and decided to try something..and it worked.

"The Supreme Hunter" Boss Battle
Have your Muscle mass maxed out and have anything that has to do with throws. The choppers..Random bombs/missles scattered on the ship deck are all tossable.. Major Damage!!! Plus the bombs give for a lil bit of a stun and allow you to hop on and have his face meet your fist.

I found this surprising because i NEVER used muscle mass threw the entire game...then its my crowned jewel for the final fight.. Hope this helps!
Izesparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
pascal08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm now trying to defeat the Supreme Hybrid Boss but it seems way more difficult on Hard than on Normal. I used devastator attacks when I was defeating it on Normal but you need to do more than 5 devastators to defeat him on Hard when the timer is counting down. That means more than 5 devastators in fucking 2:30min. Trowing helicopter seems the best option when you don't have enough critical mass.

If there are more tips post it here please.

100% Retail: 54 II 100% Arcade: 24

1st to complete [PROTOTYPE] in Europe
1st to complete FIFA 10 in The Netherlands
The only person to complete NBA LIVE 09 & 10 in The Netherlands

pascal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Cohh

Cohh's Gamercard
Good tips!

Check out this thread too for an easy way to beat the timed part:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=152975

Any tips you guys post in there I'll make sure get added to the guide.
Cohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
This game is sometimes very hard on Easy. But the boss battles were very shameful. Those were so easy....

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
phatmuther

phatmuther's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
This is definitely the best way the kill him. I'd never used the musclemass either, but yeah, chuck everything you can at him and he'll go down.
phatmuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
BT X360

He defeated him with 1 sec left. When spoken countdown starts, I heard 1 and right after that I won.
BT X360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
WhineyRabbit

Send a message via MSN to WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Subscriber Uno - Runner-up   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
When I defeated him on medium I actually saw 0:00:40 on the clock!
One last desperate whipfist attack did it lol.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Runic Aries

Runic Aries's Gamercard
Lol, i thought of this strategy durring the very first hunter boss fight, only without the musslemass part, its been my boss fight meathod for every boss since then, except for the mother boss fight, where i just hop in tanks repreatedly
Runic Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
GOG909
Banned User

SQUID MAN STEVE's Gamercard
gotta vouch for the muscle mass technichqe. throw all the rockets and bobs at him until timer starts then throw the helis and jump on his face
GOG909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
andrewtabs

All I did was consume soldiers and use the critical mass devastator, one attack did like 1/5th of his health. Finished the time with a minute left.
andrewtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #11
KingMongoloid

KingMongoloid's Gamercard
Hey thanks for the tip, I just spammed whipfist attacks at him on easy heh.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #12
MuRpH159

MuRpH159's Gamercard
same, i just spam the y button
MuRpH159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
Elit3 m0nkey

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Next time I fight him I will try it. Another good tip is to stun him after which he shoots out those tentacles and then he hitting. Rinse and repeat. NOTE: it is best done with the huge blade.
Feel free to add me, but make sure there is a message or else I will delete it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva David
Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omlette without breaking a few legs
Elit3 m0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Managed to kill him on my 10th attempt or so. This being on normal.

All I did was hitting him repeatedly with the Whip Fist, then once he was stunned run over and bash him. During the final segement I had to stun him twice. Finished with about 25-30 seconds left.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #15
ArsenicPuppy

ArsenicPuppy's Gamercard
On normal he went down just using the whipfist and a devastator. On hard had to run around and throw bombs, rockets and helicopters at him. Still only just made it.
ArsenicPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #16
Justin Case

Send a message via AIM to Justin Case Send a message via MSN to Justin Case Send a message via Yahoo to Justin Case

Hiata's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenicPuppy View Post
On normal he went down just using the whipfist and a devastator. On hard had to run around and throw bombs, rockets and helicopters at him. Still only just made it.

I also used the whipfist on hard xD

T'was a bad idea

^ Credit to ToUniek ^

Justin Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #17
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
Yessssss.... 1000G on Prototype.

Thanks for the help.

SUPREME HUNTER, FINAL BOSS
No doubt, turn on your MUSCLEMASS power and throw choppers and missiles at him. Then when he's stunned, jump on him and wail on him.

You don't really even need to consume a soldier, or use a devastator.

When the timer starts, keep doing the same thing, and he'll be stunned and you'll have him beat in no time.

PROTOTYPE... 1000/1000G. Very hard game.

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #18
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
This was a good tip. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
SirCake

MagnificPie's Gamercard
When I took him down on normal I just threw all that I could find at him :P
SirCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #20
WeaponTheory

Wow, most of you people got it easy. There was practically nothing I could do against him.

Strangely, Muscle Mass was the top three thoughts that came to mind, because I thought "Okay, big dude? Use power that does major damage"
I activated Muscle Mass and tried to fight it dead on, but couldn't get near without dying so easily. So I changed powers.

I do remember that I had it on, and threw something and it did major damage but it never crossed my mind that the power was the reason. Because the first time I ever grabbed an object in that fight was when I had that power on.
When I later chucked objects at it (without Muscle Mass), I notice that it didn't do any big damage to it, so I just ignored it and thought I was crazy.

Go figure.

Whipping didn't work for me because he was always so close to me that he'll just smack me.

Devastator never worked because he would do his and I would automatically die.

My ultimate strategy was to run around throwing things at it but it barely worked on the account that every time I run to grab an object to throw, he jumps right next to me getting ready to attack.

So how did I beat him?

Took the enemy guns and just shot his ass. Sometimes I will mix it up and IF I had the room and time, I would throw objects.

Took awhile to kill the Hunter but yeah.

Best part about it. I was banking on my Devastator to finish him off. 10 seconds left, I noticed my health, and I ran away so that I can force him to jump at me.
As planned, he jumps and I activated my Devastator, he gets hit, BUT OH NO, it wasn't enough, which surprised me because I knew exactly how much damage it would do to it and that should had been enough.

Some how it didn't kill it right then and there, but it was as if I pushed the Hunter away and it charged at me while my Devastator was still in motion, he basically ran and impaled himself to death.

The voice said 01 second left. But the timer lied and said 03 seconds on the screen.

As the movie cuts to Alex dismembering the Hunter, I had my middle finger at the TV as I said "Fuck you".

Epic.
WeaponTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
Poundyz

LickGuy's Gamercard
somehow musclemass doesn't work for me
No problem fighting him just that the timer does not enough...
been spamming whipfist before the count down,
then switch to musclemass ...but throwin random stuffs at him doesn't cause that much damage...
saw on youtube some player recommend throwing chopper at him,
yea it drain slightly more energy from him ... but there's isn't enough chopper to finish him
it's so frustrating ... I've spent like 20+ times and 90% of time I just need another 10s
-----------

Finally beat the boss, around 15seconds left,
all I can say is pure luck ... I did the same thing like previous and somehow I got lucky this time

Last edited by Poundyz; 11-15-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: update progress
Poundyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #22
Cancerman1120

Cancerman1120's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Managed to kill him on my 10th attempt or so. This being on normal.

All I did was hitting him repeatedly with the Whip Fist, then once he was stunned run over and bash him. During the final segement I had to stun him twice. Finished with about 25-30 seconds left.
^This. I tried the muscle mas and devastators and got my butt kicked for about a hour. Tried this method and boom first try. He just follows you around too much to make the throw things at him work if you do not control him well enough. Anyway on Normal I was able to beat him by spamming the Y Whipfist and then after stunning him, smacking him upside the head.
Cancerman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #23
DOA_Rose

doarose's Gamercard
I can't even REACH the final boss. The "Two Tickets" mission prior is impossible due to the insane ammount of cheap trolling bullshit thrown at you....and I'm on fucking EASY. Since when is "easy" synonymous with "rape my ass" in games?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
Firdaus800

Firdaus II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2
The first post nails a very important aspect but I thought I'd describe my strategy comprehensively. I just finished my Hard playthrough and beat the final boss the first time using the following strategy. The fight is simple if you have the right approach. It's basically common sense after familiarizing yourself a bit with the game but I thought I'd post clear directions since some people were having trouble.

Preparation:

First, make sure you have all the Health and Survivability Upgrades. I didn't acquire the later Health Regeneration Upgrades but I'd suggest you get them anyway.

The Powers that I used against the final boss were Shield, Musclemass and Whipfist. I didn't use Whipfist too much but it played a small part in bringing down the Boss' health.

The only Critical Mass Powers you want to use are Critical Pain and Air Critical Pain. Air Critical Pain is safer to execute but if you see more than enough space between you and the Boss, feel free to use Critical Pain. I love the Tendril Barrage Devastator but I'd advise against using it on Hard, mainly because it's not as damaging as Critical Pain and because it kills soldiers around you that you'll need to consume.

Approach:

IMPORTANT: Here's the key to the fight. Whenever you pick up anything (whether it's a soldier to consume or things to throw at the final boss), make sure you pick it up on the sprint and then immediately jump and Double Airdash away to safety. Try to change the direction of your dash for the second Airdash to increase your chances of losing the final boss, who is usually right behind you.

If you have a soldier to consume, consume him the moment you land and then jump and dash away again.

If you're carrying an object to throw (with Musclemass on for maximum damage), then lock on to the boss before you land, charge your throw, let fly and get moving again.

If you get this approach down, the fight is a cinch.

The Fight:

Part I: Bringing the Boss' health down to about 30%

Your main focus will be on maxing out your Critical Mass meter. Consume soldiers as mentioned above but make sure you also keep track of where the Boss is since you want to avoid as much damage as possible.

Of course, you also need to bring the Boss' health down. The Whipfist can only bring down the Boss' health meter in small slivers so you won't be using this much, if at all. The only benefit of the Whipfist is that you'll have distance between yourself and the Boss.

Once you've maxed out your Critical Mass, unleash Critical Pain or Air Critical Pain from distance. You'll take down a large chunk of health. Immediately consume soldiers to fill it up again.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your Critical Mass is maxed out and stays maxed out before the Boss' health goes down to 30%. It just makes life a lot easier.

I'd advise against touching any of the "parked" planes or choppers during this part since you'll need them once the timer begins. In fact, stay clear of them so the Boss doesn't destroy them while chasing you.

However, you should definitely use choppers that have been downed by the Boss as well as all the missiles you'll find stacked around the area. These deal quite a bit of damage. Again, be sure to have Musclemass active when you're throwing things.

I only used Critical Pain once for this part, a bit of Whipfist and threw downed choppers and missiles till the Boss' health went down to about 30%. If you've run out of things to throw, then go ahead and use a chopper. But it shouldn't be necessary.

Part II: 3 minutes to die

The timer begins. If you've made it here with a maxed out Critical Mass meter and still have all those choppers to throw, then you've got it made.

Get into position and unleash Critical Pain. As soon as the Boss has felt your wrath, look for more soldiers to consume. I only managed to find one but that's more than enough. Once you've consumed the soldier(s), look to unleash Critical pain until your Critical Mass runs out.

Now it's time to grab those choppers. You've left enough of them behind so you have the luxury of picking your spot to get one. Charge, throw, move and repeat until the Boss is done.

And then it's just a matter of waiting for the sound of that achievement unlocking.

Last edited by Firdaus800; 07-12-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Firdaus800 is offline   Reply With Quote