Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Joselito

Joselito87's Gamercard
The last treasure you found before unlocking "Treasure Trove"

I followed the Prima Guide but the achievement isn't unlocking
I'm a JRPG maniac so i check all the item i found.
So you can help everyone if you tell the last treasure you found before unlocking the achievement.
Joselito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
I'm playing the game myself and am going for this achievment. Like you I am using the Prima guide and I have been keeping track of everything I've collected and have to go back for because I don't have the glasses yet or for treasure hunt clues.

Keep in mind that there are items in the game that are not listed in the guide. Check the treasure location thread that is stickied on this forum. There is an item in the Burning Cave, 3 items in Gongora's Study, and supposedly 1 item in Crimson Forest that's not in the guide. I'm looking at Crimson Forest right now. Not to mention the numerous items under the sea that I believe you have to collect as well. I don't know why the Prima guide didn't put a map in the book.

The items in Gongora's study are in a treasure chest in plain sight, a chest behind the table that's hard to see, and an item on the table. For the Burning Cave, just land there from the world map. You'll start out next to the Nautilus ramp. I believe it's where you fought a boss. Anyways, just go south and you'll have to hop across rocks and hop to the left. First hop to the right onto the solitary rock. The item is there.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44

Last edited by rockhopper; 06-14-2009 at 07:04 PM.
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
x AiViAZiiN Xx

Dinnay Ken Like's Gamercard
yeah prima's guide isnt everything, there is another guide stickied so use that instead or in conjunction with is it really worth 20G...hell no !!

Willing To Boost (In No Particular Order)
GoW 1 - Seriously
F.E.A.R 1 - Weapon Achievements and MP1000
Halo 3 - Online Achievements, Legendary Campaign
The Orange Box - Hardcore
Forza 2 - 1 Million Online Credits

Send A Friend Request And Message And I Will Respond
x AiViAZiiN Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
Joselito

Joselito87's Gamercard
I've got the achievement when i found the last item i missed underwater (Nord-est: The unicorn corn) thanks to the map here in forum.
Prima shouldn't have written that we can have 1000 points with his guide
Joselito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
my last one was inside a pot in a hide conrner to the right in Numara Facade area
Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Wally Rizzle

Wally Rizzle's Gamercard
Was wondering if anyone used a guide from gamefaqs.com; specifically, the one by German Dragon. I've been following his guide to collect all the items but I'm worried that I might have missed some. If anyone used this guide, let me know.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
CIKShock

CIKShock's Gamercard
My last one was underwater (thought I had checked all of em) and was right by the entrance to the Eastern Ruins. Must have been so focused on what a pain in the rear eastern was going to be and forgot to get the sub out for it. Hardest 20 points I've had to work for by far (includes Mile High Club).
Old 06-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
pinksheets

pinksheets's Gamercard
I found one random pillar that I missed in the Crimson Forest, granted it was a bit tucked away over some tree bridge. When I found it, I gasped, when the achievement popped, I jumped up and down, when I jumped up and down, my girlfriend laughed at me, when my girlfriend laughed at me, well, they won't find the body.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
derwood13 II

derwood13 II's Gamercard
My final item that netted me the TT was in the Burning Cave, Underground Lake - that pesky Mana Bottle alllll the way to the right on the rock in the corner. I was using Achiever TM's guide (thanks, ATM!) and was glad to find it. :

derwood13 II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
I got my achievement earlier tonight. After thinking I had found my last item underwater (right alongside to the left of the hypercurrent north of Ancient ruins; basically between the two continents) it turned out to be a false alarm as no achievement popped up. Very sad, I decided to follow the guide on this forum along with my prima guide. I started from Uhra and didn't have to go very far, thank God.

I found my last item in Ipsilon Mountains. It was just before the mountain hut. It was 2x whetstones in a rammable tree. The tree is to the left just after you ram two other trees as well as two pots right next to it. My only explanation for why I could have missed it is that my eyes just missed it in the guide after already collecting the four other items right there next to each other. I think I might have assumed that was the tree I had already rammed to the left before I examined the pots.

It just goes to show, that even if you're super careful and confident you got everything, that you could sometimes miss something easily in plain sight and then wonder how the hell you could have missed something so easy.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
x6xDamonx6x

x6xDamonx6x's Gamercard
I just got it, and it's the one chest not in plain sight. A treasure chest in the Black Cave, the one where you have to fall through a hole in the last part of the Helltrap area.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
Sentox

Sentox6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Rizzle View Post
Was wondering if anyone used a guide from gamefaqs.com; specifically, the one by German Dragon. I've been following his guide to collect all the items but I'm worried that I might have missed some. If anyone used this guide, let me know.
German Dragon's walkthrough covers everything pretty thoroughly in terms of following the story, but there's a bunch of things (eg Temple of Enlightenment) that aren't covered at all. In terms of the areas in the guide, I did find two items not listed; a pot somewhere in the abandoned apartment in Gohtza when you step off the elevator (not sure what floor) and a chest in the Ancient Ruins, iirc.
Sentox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #13
Firegod83

Raeken Zayt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Last one was the 3 Magma Fragstones hidden in the chest behind the movable boxes.
158 hours in total!

Firegod83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
My last 2 were as follows

1) The one in the hidden left hand tunnel at the entrance of the Burning Cave

2) One in the middle of the "swamp" away from the path in the Forgotten cave.

I nearly missed this as I was on my way out having rechecked the cave and decided on a whim to see if I could cross the swamp and to my delight spotted an unopened chest.

Now all I need to do to get the full 1100 is do a speed run through to get the spell achievement having somehow forgotten to pick up the missable spells first time round Annoyingly I did not spot I had missed the spells until after I had deleted my backup saves around that point.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #15
Piculiar

RazorPriest's Gamercard
Stupid thing this, I recently went through every
area of the game that's open to you near the end
using the Treasure Trove guide posted here somewhere,
and the very LAST place I checked, Crimson Forest, held
the rammable pillar I needed. So yeah, I was running around
screaming til my throat almost broke after that.
Piculiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:35 AM   #16
I Rlz I

I Rlz I's Gamercard
My last treasure was the last Treasure Hunt Info at the End of the Temple of Enlightenment , I used one of the guides from GameFAQ's, and i was shitting myself after i beat him, because i thought i could have missed one, but it pop'd at 42 hours play time. i then spend the next 6 hours finishing up the immortal skill master achievements..(Grr Grinding) and then the Dlc.. 48 Hours.
I Rlz I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
insinceremelody

insinceremelody's Gamercard
My last two treasures were in the Back Alleys of Uhra near the castle. They were both posters that I somehow missed on the first through twentieth runs of the area. As soon I found them I took the disc out of the tray and mailed it back to Gamefly.
insinceremelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
t3rm3y

t3rm3y's Gamercard
do things (pots / trees etc ) only offer treasures once? i am searching for my last seed and went to the ipsilon forest where i rammed some trees and got various itesm (not a seed though) so did i just miss these trees last time i was here or do items spawn again?
t3rm3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #19
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
no,items never respawn, so you missed a few the first time.

sometimes you open a mettal pillar and your inventory of the is full of the rewarded item, so you need to use some of the items and open the "chest" again but not in case of trees..
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
Stonna Smurf

Stonna Smurf's Gamercard
Last Item was Tablet Insignia for me (TT is the proudest achievement I got )
Stonna Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
Whistler

demonWhistler's Gamercard
As irritating as this achievement was it sure felt real nice finding that last item. Missed only one item and the fourth area I research I found it in a tree at Ipsilon Mountains!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 AM   #22
Megaman 8bit

Megaman 8bit's Gamercard
SOG RANDOM I LOVE YOU! I looked for that hidden cave in the entrance of the burning cave and i found the last power drink crap i needed WOOTS T_T still took me like 70 hours to get to disc 4 get all this...now to beat the game

Arcade (200/200)100%
My 100% Arcade Games
Megaman 8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
boldfoxrd

boldfoxrd's Gamercard
The Cursed Crest in Crimson Forest. Now it's done and I'm selling the game lol.
boldfoxrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #24
tobiashallix

tobiashallix's Gamercard
my last ones were the chest in the second little turn in the burning limestone cave and one in the terrace cave. funny thing is i was refusing to go back in the burning limestone cave cos i was sure that i had gotten everythin. stupidity.
Just Finished:Sonic 3, Prince of Persia, Smackdown 10
tobiashallix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #25
KarmaDog214

Magma Fragment. Ramming a tree. Ipsilon Mountain. Valley Road. Can't believe I missed it. Then again, I'm not too surprised.
KarmaDog214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:58 AM   #26
PapaDwizzy

PapaDwizzy's Gamercard
My last treasure was a soul medicine in uhra backstreets, but the one before was A STUPID MEASLY FUCKING 10G IN SOME BITCH'S PANTY DRAWER!!! lol i was so mad that i missed that early on. Btw, thx a million achieverTM. With a combination of your wonderful guide and splitinfinity's video guides my search wasnt that much of a hassle. except the damn 10g in the panty drawer.

Last edited by PapaDwizzy; 10-21-2009 at 05:02 AM.
PapaDwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #27
Agueybana II

Agueybana II's Gamercard
dude

treasure trove drove me mentally unstable dude. i recheked places like 7 times in each field i was compleatle paranoid. but finally the last treasure was in the underwater treasures which was the forbiden explosives. it turns out that i had found it but then the stock was full and i technically did not pick it up and so went on on something else and forgot all about it.
Agueybana II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #28
Shirosynth

Wow....totally did it. It took me a couple of hours, but not nearly as much as other people.

Here's the last few things I found last:

Ipsilon Mountains: First tree on the left when you enter. It's litterally the last tree before you leave.

Uhra: Fliers in the Gate Terminal. I somehow missed them all early on.

Gongoras Mansion: Not sure how I did this, but I missed the 4 chests in the back. I got the 3 but never checked to pull that box back and get the magma fragments.

Shirosynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #29
Untitled Agent

Untitled Agent's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rlz I View Post
My last treasure was the last Treasure Hunt Info at the End of the Temple of Enlightenment , I used one of the guides from GameFAQ's, and i was shitting myself after i beat him, because i thought i could have missed one, but it pop'd at 42 hours play time. i then spend the next 6 hours finishing up the immortal skill master achievements..(Grr Grinding) and then the Dlc.. 48 Hours.
this, pretty much the same timing too. still need to beat the immortal for the last accessory though to get the skill master achieves.

Retail 1000+ in 18 games (most recent: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)
Arcade/Expansion 200+ in 5 games (most recent: Perfect Dark)

Perfect Dark Achievement Guide
Perfect Dark Firing Range Guide
Perfect Dark Guide Collection + Glitch List
<- links to all guides in the PD forum
Untitled Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #30
Quipp

I finally got Treasure Trove today! I did not use a TT guide of any kind until after beating the game. I had completed every other achievement and side quest except the three immortal women's skill mastery. I did of course get those along the long path toward 1000.

People claimed it was possible to complete TT without starting a New Game+ and after much research I decided to combine all available internet resources and give it a go. These resources included Split Infinity's GameFAQs guide and YouTube video walkthroughs, Achiever TM's definitive treasure checklist posted at XBOX360achievements.org, a PDF of the Prima guide, lostodyssey.wikia.com and twobrothersandasister.com. I also read countless TT specific threads, especially ones recounting the last items people found before TT popped. These threads, more than anything kept me searching until I finally succeeded.

So to celebrate and return the favour I am recounting my finds and posting my experience to the myriad of boards I frequented during my quest for the most grueling 20 gamerscore in existence.

Grand Staff Construction Base

I missed the poster at the top of the ladder leading to the warehouse. It was quite camouflaged despite the flapping animation. I cliche-walked past it a ZILLION times.

Numara - Meia Family Art Studio

The infamous change in the panty drawer. This 10G was as easy to miss as it was aggravating to find! The reason I believe I missed it is because the dresser actually has TWO drawers/items.

Tosca Village

An outdoor pot containing a Healing Tank. This one was just pure sloppiness seeing as the Kelolon statue quest has you running all around this town spamming the A button.

Burning Cave

3 Items!!! I must have really disliked this location the first time through.

The first one seems to be a problem for many. It was a Power Drink inside a hidden cave that can be found by hugging the western wall not long after entering the cave. The mini map hints at this spot but it is cast in shadow and easy to breeze by. Split's video walkthrough lead me to this one.

The second item was a pick item from a geyser, 2x Raging Beast's Eye. Like many other players I did not linger long enough to notice it glittering during previous searches. Again it was Split's video that forced me to pay attention.

The third one was a chest containing 5x Beat Stone.

Forgotten Cave

I had missed the first available chest that can be seen briefly upon entering this cave. Again I was very shocked to see how plain-as-day this one was. Also shocking. No TT!

Terrace Cave

This cave isn't that large or complicated and yet I simply hadn't followed every available route until now. All it took was a tour around a branching path on the western edge of the map and the 3 Adamantine Ore were mine. Treasure Trove, however, was not. To my dismay there was still other haphazard items yet to be discovered.

Gohtza - Abandoned Apartment

This was an aptly named location as I seemed to have abandoned my looting skills here. I missed a partially hidden pot just outside the 10th floor elevator, a pot in the Gambler's Hideout area of the Casino and one in the General Store area. All of them easy. And all of them I was convinced that I had found during my sweep for seeds (of which I had already found all 99)

White Boa - Guest Area

I was stunned to find that I had been zipping around the world via the White Boa and these three items had been with me the whole time. The guest rooms just seemed like somewhere I'd had to have looked previously. Nope. Dead wrong. Admittedly though these rooms are not accessible the first time you pass by them. Still...

1- Pot - Goddess Medicine
2- Pot - 4x Flower of Suspicion
3- Treasure - 2x Dark Demon Note

Underwater Treasure #6

I had used the map @ http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8...cationsxt8.jpg but because I was only concerned with the seeds and slot seeds the first time I used it I always had a nagging feeling that I had forgotten one. Sure enough I did. Ported to the pirate hideout and dived down to find bubbles and 3 Unicorn’s Horn. Sheesh.

And finally... Crystal Forest - Near Swamp

Across a fall tree bridge was a stack of stones and my sanity. I should not have been so happy to get 20GS. Split gets the credit here again. I would have continued to pass this by. God Bless You! I had been to this forsaken location many a time and had avoided coming back in here even more than Temple of Enlightenment. I think that is my best advice for anyone still looking. If you think you're down to the last one...think of the place you would hate for it to be. Then go there and scour!

What I learned during my research and play time is that this achievement while poorly implemented and extremely aggravating is not glitched and can be accomplished regardless of whether you used a guide from the beginning or not. If you have not gotten this cheevo yet do not give up hope and do not restart you game. Just be meticulous and unrelenting. Do not guess or assume. If you have even the slightest inkling that you missed something, check again. Follow Split Infinity step for step even if you know it's going to lead you to backtrack. It's this kind of discipline that got the job done for me.

To all those posting how you've checked EVERYWHERE. Guess what. You haven't. But it IS possible to complete this achievement no matter when you started actively searching so hopefully you too will get there soon.

Happy Hunting!
Quipp is offline   Reply With Quote