PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Battlestations: Midway
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Battlestations: Midway Road Map

Overview
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 10 (620)
-Online: 6 (260)
-Either Offline or Online: 6 (120)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 80-120 hours (somewhat skill-based)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (but 2 recommended)
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No

Single Player:

Start with taking the tutorial to learn how to play the game, and earn an achievement.

When you have completed all of the missions on any difficulty, you will earn Veteran of Midway. When you complete all of them on Veteran, you will earn Hardened Veteran of Midway. Note that there is a cheat code you can enter that will unlock all of the missions before you have progressed through them. This will let you earn achievements by merely beating the last mission. Activate the cheat on the mission select screen by entering the following code: While holding RB, LB, RT, LT, press X.

Head into the Challenges and do them all. The Ship Challenges are probably the easiest, followed by the Plane and then the Submarine Challenges. These, combined with the tutorial, will get you up to speed on the mechanics of the game (as well as another seven achievements).
- Ship Challenges: You should get the Sea Unit Service Medal here. On the first mission, make sure you get the Navy Cross, as this is by far the easiest place to do so. You can get it in the campaign as well, but that will depend on how you play the game so this is generally a good place to be done with this achievement.
- Plane Challenges: You should get the Air Unit Service Medal here.
- Submarine Challenges: You should get the Submarine Service Medal here.

Next, decide if you are good at strategy games or not. If you are, feel free to try this on Veteran from the beginning. Otherwise, I would recommend playing a mission on Rookie, then playing it again on Veteran once you know the map, understand the objectives, etc.

Work through the missions one at a time, first on Rookie and then on Veteran before moving to the next mission.
- Mission 1 - If you didn't get it in the Ship Challenges, start by getting the Sea Unit Service Medal. Also, you will need to get the Distinguished Flying Cross and Air Medal here.

Multiplayer:

Find a partner in the trading thread and set up a game on Solomon Islands. Follow the steps in the Medal of Honor achievement guide, playing once as the Japanese and once as the Americans. This will net you all of the multiplayer achievements, and up to three of the either/or achievements if you haven't already earned them. Each game will take between 80-90 minutes.

The multiplayer can be done before, during or after the single player without fear of corruption of data.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 06-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
vI-Youneek-Iv

Send a message via AIM to vI-Youneek-Iv

PepSuber x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice Road Map, will help me with it when I get the game again.

vI-Youneek-Iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
I HydraShock I

DV8 Hydra Shock's Gamercard
Quote:
Note that there is a glitch that will unlock all of the missions before you have progressed through them. This will NOT let you earn achievements by merely beating the last mission. The achievements are to beat ALL of the missions.
Wrong, It's not a glitch rather a cheat to unlock all missions and you CAN get the achievements for beating the missions just by beating the last mission with the code.

Edit: I'm not sure tho if you have the dlc if it will still work.

Last edited by I HydraShock I; 06-22-2009 at 04:22 AM.
I HydraShock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by I HydraShock I View Post
Wrong, It's not a glitch rather a cheat to unlock all missions and you CAN get the achievements for beating the missions just by beating the last mission with the code.

Edit: I'm not sure tho if you have the dlc if it will still work.
You sir, are wrong.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
I HydraShock I

No Sir I'm correct
How can I be wrong when I just done it? I done the code to unlock all missions completed the last mission and voila Veteran of Midway achievement pops up. I had only completed maybe 3 or 4 missions before that. And with the sub missions I only completed the 1st and last and what do you know Veteran Submarine Commander pops up.I ain't trying to start a war or nothing just didn't want incorrect information. And also like I said it might have changed with the DLC because I don't have that so you might not be able to do that with the DLC.

Edit: Also take a look at this

http://www.easyxbox360achievements.c...ents&Itemid=86

Last edited by I HydraShock I; 06-23-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Okay, I was operating on old information then. I never got the DLC, but when I was playing the game there were multiple threads from people here in the forum who tried this and said it didn't work.

My apologies.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
I HydraShock I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Okay, I was operating on old information then. I never got the DLC, but when I was playing the game there were multiple threads from people here in the forum who tried this and said it didn't work.

My apologies.
No need for apologies and I apologize if I came off like a smart ass wasn't my intent. I dunno why it wouldn't have worked, I don't have the DLC either and it worked just a few days ago for me.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thanks for sharing this info Hydra. this will make the game alot easier to 1k
Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
scntyboy

scntyboy's Gamercard
i tried several times, but the mission select glitch did not work for the veteran or the challenges. i even did the 1st and last on all to double check. did not unlock
scntyboy is offline   Reply With Quote