PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Likkel

Van Uden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Perfect frame achievement

Hello everyone,

Has anyone gotten this achievement yet? I'd like to know what the requirements are, do you have to pot a ball from the break? Are combination shots allowed? Does it have to be unlocked in Play now mode or in World Tour? I know one guy that has this achievement (legit) but I haven't heard from him yet.

Kind regards,

Ronald
Old 06-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
yellams

yeIlams's Gamercard
Apparantly you can get it using combination shots and I think you have to finish with 10 shots.
Done in play mode too.
http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk//showthread.php?t=24003
-"i did it in play mode with andy roddick

basically you have to clear the table legally as you would in real 9 ball so hit the lowest number ball first and just make sure you pot every time including off the break. combination shots are fine. did it on 4th attempt. you need to get a good break and hope the low numbered balls stay out in the open."
yellams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Likkel

Van Uden's Gamercard

Awesome, gonna try this later tonight, I've been quitting games each time I got a combination shot
Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Yellow_Dragon

KLO84's Gamercard
I just unlocked this myself, this is a very annoying achievement.

I did this in play mode and you cant miss a shot at all, meaning you have to pot on the break, otherwise it counts a missed shot.

You must finish with all 10 shots available. Combination shots are fine.

Obviously use Andy Roddick, my suggestion for the break is to leave the aim dead centre. Then when you serve hold down left or right and in most cases the cue ball will spread the balls better and on occasions sink 2 on the break making things alot easier. Dont go to full power but just over 3/4 for the serve.
Yellow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Davey G

Do you have too clear the complete table of all the balls or can you combo say the 3 and 9 ball to finish the game within 10 shots?
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
Yellow_Dragon

KLO84's Gamercard
You have to clear every single ball off the table without missing a shot and the break is counted as a shot.

So the 9 ball on its own is the very last ball you pot.
Yellow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
Davey G

Nice one mate thanks for that im trying it now and i cant do it, its really annoying. Is there any way of just restarting the level or do you have to exit all the way out to the main menu?
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
Boney!

Angry Richy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey G View Post
Nice one mate thanks for that im trying it now and i cant do it, its really annoying. Is there any way of just restarting the level or do you have to exit all the way out to the main menu?
What I'm currently doing is a World Tour Mode with AutoSave off. Then if I mess up I can back out and get back in again a lot quicker.

Also, I've tried this a few times now and I'm not sure you are allowed combo shots. I've cleared the rack twice with no achievement... the only thing I can think of is combos.

Serving a MAX serve at the beginning whilst holding UP seems to be a good opener...

Good fight......
..... good night.

Boney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
BemusedBox

BemusedBox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I did it in play mode with combos and i got it you carnt miss a shot you have to pot a ball on every shot.
BemusedBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
Boney!

Angry Richy's Gamercard
Do they HAVE to be in order? I mean, it's like impossible for me to get the #1 ball off the break...

Good fight......
..... good night.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
BemusedBox

BemusedBox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
No you can pot whatever ball you want from the break except the 9 ball then just hit the balls in order 1-9 but if you combo its ok aslong as you hit the balls in order.
BemusedBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
Eclipse Andy

Eclipse Andy's Gamercard
Read this thread and have spent some time doing it, unlocked it just now. I thought I would give you some tips.

- Use the Play mode version so you can quit if you do not pot off the break.
- Press 'Back' to change the viewing angle (the first time I played with this, I unlocked the achievement, so this is really important!)
- Always aim slightly more towards the inside of the pocket than the outside.

Like mentioned before, does not matter how you pot the balls, as long as you pot them all with no foul and the 9 ball being the last ball you pot. 10 shots remaining should be in the top corner when you pot the 9 ball.
Eclipse Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Boney!

Angry Richy's Gamercard
Anyone know any good breaks to do?

Good fight......
..... good night.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Scholesy22

Scholesy City's Gamercard
managed to do it on my 2nd attempt pretty easy if u do combo shots

Scholesy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
Kenty1981

Kenty1981's Gamercard
After playing this many times i can confirm that the best break off shot is full power with up held through the serve, dont move from where you start and just serve.

This was mentioned a few posts ago so please pass any credit to that poster, i can just confirm from my experience it is def the best break.
Kenty1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Hey to all trying to get this in world tour stop as it ain't gonna happen because you have to finish with 10 shots & in world tour after each shot whether you pot or not your shot count goes down, so that means this has to be done in play mode where the shot count does'nt go down when you pot.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #17
elfobuono

elfobuono's Gamercard

are you sure?
Did you have already unlock this achievements?
elfobuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #18
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Yes i'm sure, try it for your self its been mentioned numerous times in this thread that you need to finish with 10 shots remaining & in world tour no matter whether you pot or miss this is not possible as the shot count goes down & yes i have just unlocked this chievo earlier & just thought i'd let you all know because i was one who tried in world tour for ages before trying play mode & don't want others to make the same mistake.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
Jimbo76

Jimbo76's Gamercard
Most of the secret achievements have to be done in play mode. 15 block combo, 10 cherries,sink 3 galleons etc. except the 3 strikes achievement that has to be done in world tour on level 6 or above.

Jimbo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #20
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo76 View Post
Most of the secret achievements have to be done in play mode. 15 block combo, 10 cherries,sink 3 galleons etc. except the 3 strikes achievement that has to be done in world tour on level 6 or above.
Yes i know that know but if you looked at the secret achievements guide like i did to know how to unlock them then say for instance Perfect frame achievement the descreption is misleading & can lead you to think otherwise & there for can lead to a bit of confusion.

Last edited by mark23; 06-24-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
Boney!

Angry Richy's Gamercard
I still can't do this achievo... it's the only Mini-Game one that I'm crap at.

Good fight......
..... good night.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boney! View Post
I still can't do this achievo... it's the only Mini-Game one that I'm crap at.
Really i found this to be very easy & would of had the chievo weeks ago if i was'nt trying in W/T all the time. Here are some tips to help you out.

1. For the serve i fould moving the aimer just off centre to left & full power effective to sink a 1 or 2 balls .

2.Zoom all the way out using the select button making angles much easier to see.

3.Try & hit the shots at about half power max as hitting them too hard can mess up a good table & produce random in-offs.

4.Try not to line up dead staright shots because if you hit it too hard the white ball has a nasty habbit of following the ball in the pocket.

5.Use combo shots but don't just blast at the ball over the pocket because you still have to pot the ball your comboing with & could be in a even worse situation.

Also i assume you know the right stick can aim as well because i went all the through this min game in W/t beating level 8 without knowing this.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #23
yellams

yeIlams's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
Hey to all trying to get this in world tour stop as it ain't gonna happen because you have to finish with 10 shots & in world tour after each shot whether you pot or not your shot count goes down, so that means this has to be done in play mode where the shot count does'nt go down when you pot.
Not technically true, although I'm pretty sure it does need to be done in play mode.
When you play in Play Mode you still get different levels. I was just playing it (PS3 version) and finished level 1, to try and improove my pottin skills, I then got a good break at the start of level 2, where I had 6 shots. I then managed to clear the table in order and unlocked the trophy/achievement.
I can't really see this being any different on the 360 version and it also means you shouldn't have to quit out if you get a bad break, just pot the 9 ball.
yellams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 AM   #24
Boney!

Angry Richy's Gamercard
FINALLY!

I am never playing Pot Shot ever again!

Good fight......
..... good night.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #25
Boostme

MOV KIDROBOT's Gamercard
Quote:
FINALLY!

QFT! This was one annoying ass achievment!!!!!!!
Boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #26
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
FINALLY!

"Never playing Pot Shot again" ????

I'm never playing VT again. What a stupidly overly long game. I'm all for getting your monies worth out of a game but I bought this over two months ago, played a good fifteen hours or so but have just got bored of how long it takes to progress through the career mode. It's just so damn repetitive, and them ridiculously easy CPU players you come across in the tournaments which are just absolutely no challenge make me want to continuously smash the xbox controller over my head while I sit in a semi concious coma trying to remember to push the buttons. In the future Sega really should make the difficulty curve a bit steeper so by the time you play your 30-40th tournament the games actually get a bit more difficult then when you first started your career and maybe the computer could be good enough to win just some points.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
HeatGuyStu

HeatGuyStu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaaccummins View Post
"Never playing Pot Shot again" ????

I'm never playing VT again. What a stupidly overly long game. I'm all for getting your monies worth out of a game but I bought this over two months ago, played a good fifteen hours or so but have just got bored of how long it takes to progress through the career mode. It's just so damn repetitive, and them ridiculously easy CPU players you come across in the tournaments which are just absolutely no challenge make me want to continuously smash the xbox controller over my head while I sit in a semi concious coma trying to remember to push the buttons. In the future Sega really should make the difficulty curve a bit steeper so by the time you play your 30-40th tournament the games actually get a bit more difficult then when you first started your career and maybe the computer could be good enough to win just some points.
Imagine how long it would take tho if the AI was any good...