PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
Mikeg2007

Mikeg2007's Gamercard
Invalid Codes?

I reserved my game at gamestop and got the free downloadable flight suit code. Problem is that since live is back up i tried to enter the code and got invaild code. Is anyone else having trouble entering codes?
Mikeg2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
mutte24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeg2007 View Post
I reserved my game at gamestop and got the free downloadable flight suit code. Problem is that since live is back up i tried to enter the code and got invaild code. Is anyone else having trouble entering codes?
Same is happening to me. Tried three times this morning and no luck. Must be a really limited supply.
mutte24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Try contacting Microsoft is the best advice I can give. If the codes aren't valid then it's their fault not ours. They should either get you a new code or find a way to make yours work.
ErmacVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
jthamner

JTHAMNER's Gamercard
how do i contact microsoft?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
krillgar

krillgar's Gamercard
Just wait. It means that it's not available yet. I tried at 12:07 Eastern time on Tuesday morning and it wasn't available then either. no way that many other people downloaded it before me. (And the servers went down around 3:05 AM Eastern time for those who can't do math.)

The same thing has happened for a lot of games recently. I'd rather them get the game finished and working properly before getting some silly little DLC ready before the game is even out. Not that I don't want it, but get the game right first.

So just be patient.
krillgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
KamikazeQ

Q the Kamikaze's Gamercard
My code did not work either but I did notice that live seemed to be having issues after it came back up. For example there was supposed to be 3 new arcade titles up but only the Wallace and Gromit title was posted but live was not able to access the data properly. Plus when I tried to go online with Ghostbusters and Live was unable to find any games which seems kinda wierd with such a highly anticipated game. Of course the live issues might be unrelated to the code problem as I have seen codes been issued before the content was actually available to be downloaded via that code (ie; Fable 2 Pub Games).

1000 Gamerscore Club; Avatar: The Burning earth, Bioshock (1100), CSI: Hard Evidence, King Kong, Lego Batman, TMNT, X-Men: The Official Game
Live 200 Gamerscore Club; Live Draft tracker, Live Score Tracker, Soul Calibur

KamikazeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeQ View Post
My code did not work either but I did notice that live seemed to be having issues after it came back up. For example there was supposed to be 3 new arcade titles up but only the Wallace and Gromit title was posted but live was not able to access the data properly. Plus when I tried to go online with Ghostbusters and Live was unable to find any games which seems kinda wierd with such a highly anticipated game. Of course the live issues might be unrelated to the code problem as I have seen codes been issued before the content was actually available to be downloaded via that code (ie; Fable 2 Pub Games).
If your using the quick search it never comes back with a result. I found the only way to get into a game is through the custom game menu but t here are plenty of people playing online now.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
anthonyrawks

Send a message via AIM to anthonyrawks

anthonyrawks's Gamercard
I went on gamefaqs.com to check on the same problem and almost everyone there couldn't get it to go through. It's probably a maintenance thing.
anthonyrawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
Mikeg2007

Mikeg2007's Gamercard
OK i called Gamestop and the guy said that he was going to shoot his troubleshooting people an e-mail and that if it is a persistant problem they will probably come out with another code to send me. i think if everyone that bought the game calls gamestop and the troubleshooting people get enough responses then they all might talk to microsoft...etc etc and hook us all up with out free junk.. lol
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
KamikazeQ

Quote:
OK i called Gamestop and the guy said that he was going to shoot his troubleshooting people an e-mail and that if it is a persistant problem they will probably come out with another code to send me. i think if everyone that bought the game calls gamestop and the troubleshooting people get enough responses then they all might talk to microsoft...etc etc and hook us all up with out free junk.. lol
Gamestop...being helpful....IT'S A TRAP.....

But seriously he probably just told you that to get you off the phone. But if something comes of it great. I actually preordered mine after thay had taken down the ad saying they were giving out that code yet my copy still came with a code. So if they get it working great but if not then I bought a game I would've bought anyway. lol. But to all the fellow Ghostbusters fans out there I hope they resolve this issue soon.

1000 Gamerscore Club; Avatar: The Burning earth, Bioshock (1100), CSI: Hard Evidence, King Kong, Lego Batman, TMNT, X-Men: The Official Game

Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
If you dig around on the market place you won't find any information regarding ghostbusters or any content, screenshots or dlc. So you will probably find the codes aren't working because the content isn't even there to download.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
KamikazeQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
If you dig around on the market place you won't find any information regarding ghostbusters or any content, screenshots or dlc. So you will probably find the codes aren't working because the content isn't even there to download.
That really doesn't matter. Just cause you can't find something in the Live marketplace doesn't mean it's not available for download. Via the code redemption system Microsoft has made it possible to download content outside of what is openly placed on the marketplace. This is especially true for preorder bonuses. The lost Odyssey preoder bonus DLC has never been placed for sale in the American or European marketplace and the X-men Orgins: Wolverine DLC was available for download via preorder code roughly a month before it was put onto the marketplace for sale for example.

Last edited by KamikazeQ; 06-17-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Reaper_Grim

Reaper Grim's Gamercard
i contacted gamestops head office and they're going to email a new code. If you got your copy from gamestop i'd suggest that. if you got it somewhere else, i don't know what to tell ya.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
KamikazeQ

FYI: What I posted earlier seems to be true, Microsoft has announced that after the maintenance there has been issues with Live arcade games and DLC disappearing off of the marketplace and people not being able to access it. I just saw a post on these forums that someone else did about it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=154814

Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
KamikazeQ

Link to Xbox support page about the issue:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx

Old 06-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeQ View Post
That really doesn't matter. Just cause you can't find something in the Live marketplace doesn't mean it's not available for download. Via the code redemption system Microsoft has made it possible to download content outside of what is openly placed on the marketplace. This is especially true for preorder bonuses. The lost Odyssey preoder bonus DLC has never been placed for sale in the American or European marketplace and the X-men Orgins: Wolverine DLC was available for download via preorder code roughly a month before it was put onto the marketplace for sale for example.
That's true, but im sure this suite is meant to be downloadable by everyone you just get a free bonus when you order from some gamestops.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #17
Archer006

Send a message via AIM to Archer006

Archer006's Gamercard
Major Nelson posted this on his blog as well. He said that if you cannot access content on marketplace it is not the codes fault. They are having some maintenance issues after the day offline, like they normally do. Should be back to normal conditions soon
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #18
KamikazeQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
That's true, but im sure this suite is meant to be downloadable by everyone you just get a free bonus when you order from some gamestops.
Honestly I think this suit is gonna be another matter of people that preorder getting disc content unlocked for free while non-preorders end up paying for an unlock key. (ie; X-men Orgins: Wolverine DLC) Gamestop has a habit of doing that with their pre-order bonuses. But you could be right my friend. They are having issues with stuff disappearing from the marketplace so it's completely possible that it's supposed to be for sale as well as free for preorders to download (Like the first Street Fighter IV download pack) but the maintenance screwed it up. On another note I hate when games have DLC to purchase on release day. Seeing as how some games go gold only a week before release why not include the content with the retail purchase. Instead you get games like Heroes of Might and Magic that had very pricey DLC for sale on the marketplace before the game had even gone gold. At least when Capcom put Dead Rising DLC up a week before the game was released it was free. lol. Sorry about rambling guys but I'm at work and very bored.

Last edited by KamikazeQ; 06-17-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #19
Mikeg2007

Mikeg2007's Gamercard
Hmm i remember on the ghostbustersgame.com that they had different content for different stores when you pre order ghostbusters. Gamestop had this suit, best buy had some goul and wal mart had something else.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #20
KamikazeQ

Quote:
Hmm i remember on the ghostbustersgame.com that they had different content for different stores when you pre order ghostbusters. Gamestop had this suit, best buy had some goul and wal mart had something else.

ARGHH I hate it when defferent retailers have different preorder bonuses lol. It reminds me of how EA offers different retail preorder bonuses with their Battlefield lineup. lol

Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #21
Mikeg2007

Mikeg2007's Gamercard
THE JUMPSUIT IS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD NOW!