Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
-ToXiN-

ZeroToXiN's Gamercard
Dead Space Road Map to 1000G

This is the Road Map for Dead Space. It's my first contribution/guide of any kind ever, I hope it helps people out. I really enjoy this site, and wanted to help contribute to what makes it so great. If you have anything to add/any corrections to make, feel free to post or msg me.

-ps i know i dont have 1000G myself but ive been busy i have exams and built myself a new gaming PC (Crysis on very high, woot!) but ill hopefully get in a week or so-

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
-Offline: 48 (1000GS)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000g: 20-25 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2.5
-Number of missable achievements: 6
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No

Welcome to the Dead Space Achievement Road Map. Dead Space is a third person shooter/survival horror game, borrowing many of the best elements of games like Resident Evil 4 and Bioshock to make for an excellent immersive, atmospheric shooter that is authentically scary. You are Issac Clark, an engineer called to repair the damaged planet-racking chisp USG Ishimura. But when you arrive on board, you realize that something is deadly wrong...

There are 49 achievements for Dead Space, 48 of which can be acquired on any difficulty. It will require at least 2 and a half plays to get all of them. Beating the game on any difficulty unlocks "Impossible" difficulty, which you have to beat to get the Epic Tier 3 Engineer achievement. You will also have to start a new game+ on one of your cleared files in order to fully upgrade all items for the Maxed Out achievement, as it is impossible to get enough power nodes to do so in one playthrough. It takes about 10 -12 hours to beat the game the first time through, and about 8 hours for a second time through on impossible. How far you have to play on a new game + in order to get Maxed Out depends on how much you upgraded your equipment on the original playthrough for that file. Dead Space isn't a very difficult game, and you can acquire the achievements on easy, so most of it isn't very hard. Impossible may be a bit of a challenge for some, but it isn't difficult at all compared to some other games like the Call of Duty series or Gears of War. Don't Get Cocky, Kid can also be quite frustrating. You can also use cheats to help you with the achievements - the money and power node cheats can only be used once per file (so you cant use them again in a new game+), and are very helpful in getting Maxed Out. The stasis cheat is a lifesaver on Impossible difficulty.

Cheats can be found here

Step 1: Easy/Medium Playthrough

On your first playthrough, set the difficulty to Easy or Medium. Easy obviously is easier and goes by quicker, and you'll get more money and items to sell so you can potentially get Maxed Out quicker. However, Easy is ridiculously simple, and I recommend you play on Medium as it'll be a better and scarier experience. Just play through normally, and explore around as much as possible to fnd as much money and items as possible. I recommend you use the Plasma Cutter, Assault Rifle, and Ripper as your main weapons, though the Line Gun is also OK. Upgrade your gun's DAMAGE first. You will also want to upgrade your rig's AIR capacity before chapter 4 - after that, don't upgrade AIR anymore. Don't bother upgrading your STASIS or KINESIS. Buy upgraded suits from the store as soon as you can - don't worry too much about upgrading your Rig's health, the higher level suits will help with that. Also, keep your eyes out for data logs lying around. Also make sure you get all schematics (they appear as dark purple dots). You should easily get Legend Teller (collecting 150 logs) in Chapter 11 or 12 without having to resort to a guide. You'll also want to get all the 30 weapon kill achievements - you'll have all guns by the end of chapter 5. I recommend you focus on just 2 weapons at a time. Kills don't count if you die or reload your game. You should get most of the achievemnts, including all the secret ones, as you play. Be sure to use every money/node cheat before you finish your first playthrough - the extra 18,000 and 7 nodes will help with Maxed Out.

Missable Achievements
Ragdoll Check - Gravity panels are where there is an upwards streaming current of bluish particles coming from the floor. They are found only in Chapters 4 and 9.
Playing Catch - Brutes are found in Chapters 4, 5, and 9. The Leviathan is in Chapter 6.
Don't Get Cocky, Kid - The asteroid defense cannon sequence is towards the end of Chapter 4. Save right before you get on the cannon, and keep reloading your game if you fail until you get it. You always start with 85% shield strength on every difficulty. It can be difficult, but keep trying. Don't let the cannon overheat, always get the big, fast asteroids first, and keep focused. I also found it helpful to turn up the brightness temporarily so you can see the asteroids earlier.
Slugger - You fight the Slug Boss in Chapter 8. Try shooting the left or right most tentacle first, then the one beside it, and so on, working your way across horizontally.
Crackshot - The shooting gallery is in Chapter 9.The Assault Rifle is the easiest to use here.
Zero-G Baller - Zero-G Basketball is in Chapter 10.
There's Always Peng! - The Peng Treasure is in Chapter 11, in the shuttle bay. Look to the achievement guide for details on it's exact location.

By the end of the first playthrough, you should have 45/48 achievements (all except for Maxed Out, One Gun, and Epic Tier 3 Engineer) for 735GS.

Step 2 - Impossible & One Gun

After you clear the game once, you will be able to start a new game on impossible difficulty. In order to get Epic Tier 3 Engineer, you must beat the game on Impossible difficulty (NOT hard). For One Gun, you have to beat the game using only your Plasma Cutter. You cannot fire any other gun - you can have them in your inventory or safe and you can equip them - just don't ever fire them. To be safe, don't even buy any other guns if you start a new game on Impossible for One Gun. I recommend you go for both on the same playthrough. Impossible is not too difficult, even if you use the Plasma Cutter, which is actually a very good gun, especially when upgraded. On Impossible, enemies take more hits to kill, move faster, do more damage to you, and you get less money/items.

Here are some tips for Impossible difficulty:
-Always go for the limbs. Aim for the crotch - if they're stasised, sometimes it will sever both legs and kill them right away instead of bringing them to the crawling stage.
-Stasis is your friend. Use it whenever possible. Have the stasis cheat memorized. If your struggling, try using it on every enemy and refilling your stasis with the cheat in between encounters.
-Conserve ammo whenever possible. Use stasis and curb stomp enemies when you've cut their legs off. This is critical earlier on - later, ammo won't be as much of a problem.
-Upgrade! I recommend you focus on upgrading your DAMAGE first - it actually makes a huge difference in the amount of shots it takes to kill necromorphs, and will reduce the amount of ammo you use. By the time you fully upgrade the Plasma Cutter's damage, it will take 2 shots to the legs and 1 or 2 to an arm to kill a standard necromorph. Enemies will be dropping more ammo (6 per drop) than it takes to kill them.

Step 3 - Maxed Out

In order to get Maxed Out, you must fully upgrade all 6 guns, your Rig, Stasis, and Kinesis. You must have all fully upgraded guns in your inventory or safe at once - you cannot sell them. You upgrade your equipment using power nodes at work benches. You just have to get all upgrades on everything - you do not have to fill in all "blank" spots with power nodes, so you should be able to leave some empty in some guns. You will find power nodes as you go on throughout the game, and can buy them for 10,000 credits. It takes 155 power nodes to fully upgrade everything.

You cannot get enough power nodes to fully upgrade everything in one playthrough. However, you can start a "new game +" on the same difficulty after you've beaten the game. Simply start a new game by loading your finished Easy/Medium game. All of your guns, upgrades, money, nodes, inventory, and items in your safe will carry over. Just keep playing on this new game + until you get enough nodes to fully upgrade everything. Sell all unnecessary items and use the money to buy power nodes. Also use the cheats that give you money and nodes. Also, if you haven't gotten Butcher yet, your dismemberments do carry over onto a new game +.

Conclusion

There you go - 2 and a bit playthroughs to get the full 1000 GS. Dead Space is truly an awesome game - one of the sleeper hits of 2008 - and is definitely worth more than one playthrough (and it's still scary the second time through). It's not to difficult or time-consuming - hope you had fun and got the pants scared off you!

Completed Retail [14]: Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock, COD4, COD 5, COD6, Crackdown, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Frontlines: Fuel of War, NFS Most Wanted
,NFS Undercover,Jericho, Viking

Last edited by -ToXiN-; 02-07-2009 at 05:31 AM. Reason: updated guide/map
-ToXiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Liamnator1005

Liamnator1005's Gamercard
for maxed out you can also say out One Gun as for One Gun do that on your first playthrugh buy all the weapons and fully upgrade your equipment and plasma cutter and when there are done start to upgrade the other weapons you have brought and continue them when on the 2nd playthrough on that file and also get the other weapons achievments (e.g. "kill 30 eneimes with flamethrower") i hope you add that and it help all people new to Dead Space
100% retail: Condemned 1 &2, Hitman Blood Money, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Lost, Bourne Conspiracy, Fallout 3, Fable 2, COD4 & MW2, Dead Space, Spiderman WOS, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Iron Man, Wolverine, Prince Of Persia TFS, The Force Unleashed, Halo 3 & ODST, Dead Rising 2

100% arcade: F2 Pub Games, Dash of Destruction, Banjo Kazooie, DR2: Case Zero & Case West, Sonic 1 & 2

working on: Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie N&B, Banjo Tooie, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Bioshock 2
Liamnator1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
darkenednight

Send a message via Skype™ to darkenednight

Darkened Night's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Gold   Over Achiever - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ToXiN- View Post
the money and power node cheats can only be used once per playthrough, and are very helpful in getting Maxed Out.
It turns out you can only activate the power node cheat once on an entire save game file. The way you worded, "per playthrough" insists that once you finish the game once, you can activate the cheat again and earn more money and nodes. I personally tested this, and it doesn't work. So every time you start a new game, the cheats will be valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ToXiN- View Post
Slugger - You fight the Slug Boss in Chapter 8
Adding some info on beating the Slug Boss with 50% remaining could be easier for players to understand your guide. Adding some tips to the Crackshot and Zero-G Baller achievements, even just a link to the achievement guide would help.

Nice road map otherwise. Good flow and descriptions. Support the division of the achievements as well.

Last edited by darkenednight; 01-28-2009 at 10:56 PM.
darkenednight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
garbfink

garbfink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenednight View Post
It turns out you can only activate the power node cheat once on an entire save game file. The way you worded, "per playthrough" insists that once you finish the game once, you can activate the cheat again and earn more money and nodes. I personally tested this, and it doesn't work. So every time you start a new game, the cheats will be valid.

Adding some info on beating the Slug Boss with 50% remaining could be easier for players to understand your guide. Adding some tips to the Crackshot and Zero-G Baller achievements, even just a link to the achievement guide would help.

Nice road map otherwise. Good flow and descriptions. Support the division of the achievements as well.
don't want to contradict you mate but this like hints and tips should be kept solely on the achivement guide, I think that roadmaps should really state the most efficient way of getting to 1000 while leaving the guide's to detail how you actually get the achievmeents.

I'd leave as it is.

It just makes it quicker viewing that way, it's just my opinion and I'm not trying to bash you or anything. Peace.
garbfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
darkenednight

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Gold   Over Achiever - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
I can totally understand where your coming from, but a simple link might help to unintelligent gamers, but this discussion could go either way. Its not that big of a deal and I only brought it up for the simple aid to some select gamers.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
EvilManDeadMan

Send a message via AIM to EvilManDeadMan

EvilManDeadMan5's Gamercard
I'm going to have to use this. I only got 630 out of Dead Space.
EvilManDeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:13 AM   #7
darkenednight

I'm getting close to my 1000, all I need to do is complete the game one more time on Impossible mode using only the plasma cutter (which isn't much of a problem) and I will have a full 1k on this game.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
-ToXiN-

ZeroToXiN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenednight View Post

Thanks. Im glad people appreciate it I still just need to do maxed out and 2 weapons, but i have so many other games and anew PC, but ill get around to it...

For the "per playthrough" part, you are indeed right. Its should "per file", as they don't work on a new game +. Good catch. I also added a quick tip for the slug boss and gallery, as mentioned. Why not? Ill submit the edited version so it can be posted on the site later.

Completed Retail [14]: Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock, COD4, COD 5, COD6, Crackdown, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Frontlines: Fuel of War, NFS Most Wanted
,NFS Undercover,Jericho, Viking

Last edited by -ToXiN-; 01-31-2009 at 02:26 AM.
-ToXiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #9
darkenednight

Nice additions. Thanks for taking my suggestions.

I caught an error. You put your assault rifle hint under Zero-G basketball instead of Crackshot.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:16 AM   #10
YX THE KING XY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to YX THE KING XY

YX THE KING XY's Gamercard
Nice road map I'll refer to this now often.

This should definitely be stickied.
YX THE KING XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #11
Iv VeNoM vI
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im going to go for 1000 in this also
Iv VeNoM vI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamnator1005 View Post
for maxed out you can also say out One Gun as for One Gun do that on your first playthrugh buy all the weapons and fully upgrade your equipment and plasma cutter and when there are done start to upgrade the other weapons you have brought and continue them when on the 2nd playthrough on that file and also get the other weapons achievments (e.g. "kill 30 eneimes with flamethrower") i hope you add that and it help all people new to Dead Space
yes i think that this is the best method to get 1000, personaly i did it this way (i read this after i got my max uprade) and i think it's better than the method posted on Road Map.
anyway great Road Map, thanks and i hope you keep making new road maps/guides

Last edited by Achiever TM; 06-26-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #13
jhubcap

huddleston12's Gamercard
I think this was a very good roadmap. I used it exactly the way it was and got my 1000 yesterday. It only took me about 28 hours of playing. Thanks!
jhubcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Dude, this road map is so amazing. I'm halfway done towards Epic Tier 3 Engineer and One Gun. This has helped a lot. I didn't even know there was a nice little trick with the stasis. Thanks for that, as it's really helped, especially against the brutes!!! Now I just hope I can beat the Hive Mind as easily as I did the Leviathan.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
Impossible's not that hard but 5/10? I'd have said 6 atleast maybe 7, takes almost 3 playthroughs and 25+ hours and isn't all that easy
conel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 AM   #16
Deathlorddanny

Send a message via AIM to Deathlorddanny

Dannnnn The Man's Gamercard
Ya, i agree with maybe a 6 or 7 difficulty rating seeing as you have to factor in the time it takes. What im personally doing is getting one gun on my first playthrough then ounce i start on the save again i use all the guns that i need to get the achievement for. This allows me to use a variety of guns when i go back on impossible difficulty.

{Owning nubs in halo since halo 1}
l.l Play to win or get out l.l

Need partners to boost with in:

R6V2, HawX
Deathlorddanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
barnabaas

Maac N Cheese's Gamercard
So from what i've gathered. It might be best to play through the first time on easy or medium while getting most of the achievements and one gun? Then play through again on the same file and do the other 10G score gun achievements?

Hope to start playing this game this weekend. Thanks for the guide.
barnabaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #18
Rewrite Legacy

Driven Faith's Gamercard
This game is amazing.
Rewrite Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Have to agree with "Rewrite Legacy" about the fact that this game was great. I had earlier played Condemned and bought Dead Space wanting another slightly creepy game. Well I at least didn't think Dead Space was scary but it had a fantastic atmosphere and I liked the story.

More on topic this Road Map was a great help making 1000/1000 a smooth ride.

Playing on the impossible difficulty and doing the "One Gun" achievement at the same time was really good fun (and slightly hectic).
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #20
Murrots
Banned User

Murrots's Gamercard
nice guide
Murrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #21
XxKillomaticxX

Send a message via AIM to XxKillomaticxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxKillomaticxX

XxKillomaticxX's Gamercard
If anyone wants 5 extra nodes, enter this cheat while game is paused

YXYXXYXXYXXY
XxKillomaticxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:46 AM   #22
Celahir1990

Celahir1990's Gamercard
Tyvm Toxin This really did help me 1000G this game.
Celahir1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #23
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks. The guide helped me a lot! That stupid Epic 3 achieve is annoying though.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:56 AM   #24
Celahir1990

Celahir1990's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
Thanks. The guide helped me a lot! That stupid Epic 3 achieve is annoying though.
Epic 3 was easier than i thought it would be, It was hard. But i expected it to actually be Impossible haha. Took me around 9 hours to do Epic 3 & One Gun on the same play through.
Celahir1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #25
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Thanks for the road map..this gives me a good overview of the game.

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming

Last Completion - Titanfall (X1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #26
PolaSoup

PolaSoup's Gamercard
Thanks for the roadmap, the impossible hints were what did it for me having not actually attempted it yet. You have given me the encouragement to give it a go.

I did my first playthrough on normal with only the plasma cutter and didn't find it particularly hard, so hopefully this will be okay too.
PolaSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 AM   #27
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks alot for this roadmap, I made this game my first 1000 game last night!

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #28
MDK kirbY

MDK kirbY's Gamercard
Great guide helped alot towards my 1000/1000
MDK kirbY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #29
Cat_In_A_Boat

Cat In A Boat's Gamercard
Very usefull, im on my way to completing it on my first playthrough with this
Cat_In_A_Boat is offline   Reply With Quote