Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
Spades68

New DLC Information Here!!!

Facts for All DLC

Alright from what I've downloaded some information previously stated is a little off on the forums.

Basic Information

* UPDATE * "Saved games and DLC share information that corrupts saves if the DLC is deleted from your hard drive. If you reinstall the DLC, the saves should work again". credit - Infinity Master

* UPDATE * "New DLC Plasma Cutters are usable for {1 Gun Achievement} the game recognizes them as a plasma cutter since they share nodes". credit - Downsize

* Your downloaded goodies will be available via nearest store in game for FREE (aka 0 credit cost). But you must "BUY" them for "FREE" in order to use them.

* You can carry 2 of the same weapon. Example - Heavy Dmg Plasma Cutter (In left slot), Plasma Cutter (In top slot).

* Weapons apparently share nodes with previous weapons. So if you start a new game and go to the store on the first level and buy a 2nd Plasma Cutter, but have already spent a node to upgrade your original, they both will have a node inside them in the same exact spot. Weapons remain linear through entire game, put a node in 1 weapon and its counterpart will attain the same node. Example - Say you have a fully upgraded Plasma Cutter and you grab the new Heavy Dmg Plasma Cutter, the Hvy Dmg 1 will have the same exact upgraded nodes filled in.

* Weapons have altered base stats. So if a specific pack implies that it does more damage or shoots faster then it DOES regardless of how many nodes are on any weapon. Example - If you had a Plasma Cutter fully upgraded and a Hvy Dmg Plasma Cutter, the Hvy Dmg Plasma Cutter would do more damage per shot. (This was tested on the hive mind boss, it took 3 shots to blow up a yellow bulb instead of 5 with the normal cutter)

All In-Game DLC

Elite Pack: Content includes Elite Suit DLC/Elite Weapon Skin Pack DLC combined. Both of the 2 packs listed below. Consult the next 2 DLC content items below for further information.
Price - 240 MS Points
Elite Suit: Content includes 1 suit. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 10% armor bonus.
Price - 200 MS Points

Elite Weapon Skin Pack: Content includes reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Line Gun. These guns are separate new weapons with no statistic changes other than the color of the weapons mentioned. These weapons are free for download via store in game once bought.
Price - 120 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Scorpion Pack: Content includes Scorpion Suit DLC/Scorpion Weapon Pack DLC combined. Both of the 2 packs listed below. Consult the next 2 DLC content items below for further information.
Price - 320 MS Points
Scorpion Suit: Content includes 1 suit. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 25% armor bonus.
Price - 200 MS Points

Scorpion Weapon Pack: Content includes faster firing (shoots faster, base weapon stats INCREASED) Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The weapons also are completely reskined to mimic the look of the scorpion suit. These guns are separate new weapons with base speed for firing increased.
Price - 180 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Military Pack: Content includes all 7 weapons in the game with increased damage (Military Pack weapons will deal more base damage than default versions of same said weapon). These guns are completely reskined to mimic the military suit color scheme. They are separate weapons than the default weapons in the game.
Price - 320 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Tank Pack: Content includes 1 suit and 3 guns. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 60% armor bonus (not lying). Guns included are powered up (guessing damage increase please help confirm) and are the Flamethrower, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The suit and weapons are all reskinned with Unitology Script (lots of scribling of alien language on them). They are separate weapons than the default weapons in the game.
Price - 320 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Astronaut Pack: Content includes 1 suit and 3 guns. "Suit is level 6 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 30% armor bonus." credit - Nitroxide. Guns included are reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.
Price - 240 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Heavy Damage Pack: Content includes 4 guns. All guns have increased base damage and are the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Contact Beam, and Ripper. These weapons have altered base stats and have been completly reskinned to look like glowing blue circuit boards. These weapons are different and do not replace defaults.
Price - 240 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Speed Kills Pack: Content includes 3 faster firing guns (shoots faster, base weapon stats INCREASED) which are Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The weapons have altered base stats and have been completly reskinned to look like caution tape. These weapons are different and do no replace defaults.
Price - 180 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Pedestrian Pack: Content includes 3 guns. Guns included are reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, and Ripper. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.
Price - 120 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Hot Rod Pack: Content includes 2 guns. Guns included are reskins of the Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle. The weapons have a flame look to them altering from redish orange to blue flames. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.
Price - 80 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Big Gun Pack: Content includes 1 gun. Gun included is a completly new weapon, "the gun uses "Force Energy" ammunition. Weapon has a node map and can be upgraded like any other weapon". credit - ATCS (More information please help. What does it shoot like, such as graphic, wide spread, aiming pattern. Also does Force Energy drop more frequently as if you had the force gun on you, when you holding the *Big Gun*)
Price - 80 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

__________________________________________________ ______________

If this guide helps 1 person save any money than it did its job. I obviously could use some help on this, any information inaccuracy I will correct immediatly. Pictures would be nice *please send pictures to Solostrike12@yahoo.com*. Really need the help of the community here to get this thing off the ground, I did the best I could with what I know, help me please and we can all make a sticky.

Pictures will be formatted and edited to be more pleasing to the eye and easier to skim through once I feel like I have a few more to play around with, feel free to help me out, your submissions will be credited to your user name I promise.

Hate to sound lame but *1st sticky ever!* (let me have my small victory)
________
Replays Sc2

Last edited by Spades68; 04-06-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Spades68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Diaxen
Banned User

This is some rather impressive work. You should come up with an achievement guide for your next project.
Diaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Wuffamania

Wuffamania's Gamercard
Looks great so far, how did you get your pics & info?
Wuffamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Elite suit hasn't been free for almost a week, man.

Nice post though.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
EliorHallo

EliorHallo's Gamercard
i came to download the elite suite to late......... now it isnt free no more.....
EliorHallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
swaggers
Banned User

swaggers's Gamercard
I guess I will bite on the Big Gun to see what it does this week-end. Would like to whip through my Hardest mode game to finish this game off.
swaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
Great Post!
Thanks for the info.
Now we just need the pics.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
ATCS

ATCS's Gamercard
For anyone interested, the Big Gun uses Force Energy as ammo and takes usually 1-2 hits to take out any Necromorph as opposed to 2-3 shots from a regular Plasma Cutter.

I'm sure it would be amazing fully maxed out, as i'm doing right now.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
Management

Alaska Has Eyes's Gamercard
Hope new suits make IMPOSSIBLE...POSSIBLE
Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #10
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
Plasma Cutter via heavy Weapons Pack

I can attest that a fully upgraded Plasma Cutter from the Heavy Weapons DLC is stronger than a fully upgraded Normal Plasma Cutter. On Impossible difficulty, 1 shot to the leg and 1 to the arm of any Necromorph minion will sever the limbs and lay them to rest.
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #11
Pimpbot 2OOO

Let me ask you this, I started the game on Impossible, and I'm trying to get the "One Gun" achievement at the same time. If I use one of those new DLC plasma cutters, will it not let me get the achievement?
Pimpbot 2OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
ChopperDave00

ChopperDave 00's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Way to go Spades!!! I just wanted to say Thanks for such an awesome DLC Guide here. I just saw the new DLC last night and was confused as to what I wanted to spend them hard earned ducketts on but you really saved me on this one. I just had to chime in and give u props man!
Thanks Again!!!

ChopperDave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #13
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpbot 2OOO View Post
Let me ask you this, I started the game on Impossible, and I'm trying to get the "One Gun" achievement at the same time. If I use one of those new DLC plasma cutters, will it not let me get the achievement?
Yes you will still get the one gun achievement. The game sees your Heavy Damage Plasma Cutter as if it were a normal one, the nodes you have in your normal one are also in your heavy damage one. Exact.
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just both all of them today. Excelent DLC!

RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 AM   #15
Nitroxide

Nitroxide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The Astro Suit gives 30% armor bonus lvl 6, I guess, since it's the same bonus as the lvl 6 military suit.

"I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is."
Nitroxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #16
Asturgis
Gold Saint

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is really awsome man, thanks, but just to be perfectly clear on this, what is stronger for IMPOSSIBLE :

1) When you say "Base weapon stats increased" like for the Elite and Scorpion suit, do these weapons have the same power as the "Heavy damage pack" ?

2) Do the "Heavy weapons pack" and the "Tank pack" weapons have the same power, or is one better ?

3) And so, since I have my Military suit maxed out for IMPOSSIBLE (just started it before Gears), what do I need to buy to make IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE lol ? What weapon packs ?

Thanks guys
Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM   #17
Tijntjee K.

TrippinKaos's Gamercard
wow didn't even realise there was a new gun between all the "old" ones..
Tijntjee K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #18
Asturgis
Gold Saint

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades68 View Post
* UPDATE * "Saved games and DLC share information that corrupts saves if the DLC is deleted from your hard drive". credit - Infinity Master (If you reinstall the DLC, the saves should work again, but this is speculation... so confirm please)
It is confirmed. What's more, if you downloaded let's say the Elite suit for free, and it is now charged, you will be able to DL it again for free, of course.

EDIT : I have now the Heavy Damage Pack Plasma Cutter maxed out, and it does exactly the same amount of damage in IMPOSSIBLE as the regular one in EASY mode, except on Brutes and bosses. That's how powerful it is. Even on the black versions of enemies and Pregnants. One shot, one limb, and if you aim right, you can tear 2 arms or legs in one single shot.

Last but not least, be careful putting on the Astronaut ot Tank suit in IMPOSSIBLE with the Military suit on : it will disappear forever (but the Tank suit is the best anyway)...

Last edited by Asturgis; 11-20-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Asturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #19
Diaxen
Banned User

I couldn't get the Military Suit on Impossible glitch to work, so I just went out and bought the tank suit. Usually I don't like microrapements, but I got the game for free, so didn't feel too bad about paying $4.00 US for it. I can take photos of it if you like but it's really just the Elite Suit with dark black color
Diaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #20
Asturgis
Gold Saint

Asturgis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades68 View Post
Big Gun Pack: Content includes 1 gun. Gun included is a completly new weapon, "the gun uses "Force Energy" ammunition. Weapon has a node map and can be upgraded like any other weapon". credit - ATCS (More information please help. What does it shoot like, such as graphic, wide spread, aiming pattern. Also does Force Energy drop more frequently as if you had the force gun on you, when you holding the *Big Gun*)
Price - 80 MS Points
As far as I know, this is pure BS, the Big Gun is just a regular/stronger Mega-PK that looks yellowish. It uses Mega-PK ammo. Apart from this gun, there is no other stand alone weapon on my DLC page, but maybe it didn't come out in Europe, which I doubt.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #21
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Definitely some awesome DLC for this game.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #22
Agent JFG

Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
Yeah, great post. I was wondering how you would go about equipping weapons with new skins, but it turns out their just separate weapons. Thanks for the clarification.
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
Mindzeye82

Is it possible to equip a DLC suit if you already have the military suit on?
Mindzeye82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #24
MrFresh

Send a message via AIM to MrFresh

MrFresh KC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
You have to be online to use the DLC...if your not online it wont let you play your saved game.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #25
Floodclaw

Floodclaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Never Final
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindzeye82 View Post
Is it possible to equip a DLC suit if you already have the military suit on?
I'm pretty sure you can, just go to the shop and get the suit. Now, switching back to the Military Suit after switching to DLC suits? That's impossible, I believe.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
Mindzeye82

To answer the previous question - Yes, you can upgrade to a DLC suit from the military suit.
Mindzeye82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #27
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

The "Big Gun" force gun DLC is immense!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #28
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
the scorpion suit looks sick....i want that
Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #29
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
I'm about to finally get around to starting my impossible mode run to get my last achievement and wanted to know which DLC to bend over for EA for and it looks like I found my answer. Thanks for the info Spades.

I will be buying the Tank Suit and the Heavy Damage pack. I will use heavy damage Plasma Cutter and Line gun and rip through impossible mode. 60% armor! Wow. That's a good purchase right there. But who the hell would buy some of the other packs with just new skins for the weapons with no stat increases? That's worse than horse armor from Oblivion.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #30
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
I'm about to finally get around to starting my impossible mode run to get my last achievement and wanted to know which DLC to bend over for EA for and it looks like I found my answer. Thanks for the info Spades.

I will be buying the Tank Suit and the Heavy Damage pack. I will use heavy damage Plasma Cutter and Line gun and rip through impossible mode. 60% armor! Wow. That's a good purchase right there. But who the hell would buy some of the other packs with just new skins for the weapons with no stat increases? That's worse than horse armor from Oblivion.
Yeah the Tank Suit is great for impossible, I'd also recommend getting the "Big Gun" Force Gun DLC too, makes killing any enemy very very fun, and after going through the game once and a bit on the normal difficulty, focusing on limbs and accuracy, it's nice to just have this massive gun to blow through enemies without aiming much, killing most of them in two hits.

Last edited by Bearded Bugs; 12-02-2008 at 12:52 PM.