Old 03-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #121
jeremy88

Fiera88's Gamercard
i'm stuck at this...
jeremy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #122
CenozoicZombie

CenozoicZombie's Gamercard
This one took me 20 tries to finally get. It was very frustrating, but I finally got a decent script and finished with I think 60 or 63% (I forget which). Nothing but patience and some luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #123
spc twinkie

spc twinkie's Gamercard
I give up on this achievement. 90 + trys, over almost 2 hours of life wasted on this. Just need this and Impossible mode beat ( which im on chapter 9 and its easy ) This achievement just makes me want to break something
spc twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #124
CenozoicZombie

@ spc twinkie: 90+ tries? Dude, you've got serious patience. I felt like snapping the game in half after my 15th try. I hope you get it soon.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #125
spc twinkie

spc twinkie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenozoicZombie View Post
@ spc twinkie: 90+ tries? Dude, you've got serious patience. I felt like snapping the game in half after my 15th try. I hope you get it soon.
I have zero patience. I would have snapped it if it was for the pack of cigs i had on me. I have bad anger issues & ptsd from Iraq. Only bright side to that day was I knocked out impossible mode so i got the 150 points which made me smile
spc twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #126
ARCANEVALORE
Banned User

arcane x knight's Gamercard
Thanks for all the useful tips everyone i had made a thread about this one recently and I'm gonnsa try it now and see what happens let's hope my luck is good!
ARCANEVALORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #127
CenozoicZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc twinkie View Post
I have zero patience. I would have snapped it if it was for the pack of cigs i had on me. I have bad anger issues & ptsd from Iraq. Only bright side to that day was I knocked out impossible mode so i got the 150 points which made me smile
Damn, that's some rough stuff to go through. Hope everything works out well for ya. Congrats on Impossible mode, I'll have to start mine one of these days.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #128
DragonLord511

DragonLord511's Gamercard
I did it!!! Damn it, I made it but it took a big load of patience, no light in the room (apart for the TV) and total concentration - and of course around a million of tries (a bit exaggerated but it did take a while).

It helps to pause it half way through and let your eyes rest a moment.
DragonLord511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #129
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
This achievement was way too easy. Everytime I encountered this part during my four playthroughs I completed it with over 75% remaining. The only tips I can give is to aim for the big asteroids (as they usually contain more rocks inside) and to never let the cannon overheat. You'll get good enough where you can constantly be firing the ADS Cannon and timing your shots perfectly so it doesn't overheat.

The achievement should've been:

Don't get cocky, kid - 20
Survive the ADS Cannon with over 70% shield strength remaining
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #130
Cheezfriend

cheezfriend's Gamercard
I agree, this achievement really sucks! I am lucky to get to 50% when I have 1 minute to go, ive tried every strategy and up to my twentieth attempt I reckon, I don't think this achievement is skill, a lot of it is luck... I'm getting slammed by the fast spinning ones in the center that split into 3 constantly
Cheezfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #131
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
being a veteran of gaming forums i am no longer surprised when i see the trolls saying how easy something is that others are struggling with. it temporarily makes them feel better about themselves til they remember the reality around them. this was a moderate challenge that calls for your full attention. i supppose there are a few that run into a easy sequence early and do accomplish it very quickly. to all those posters who said it was easy but actualy struggled with it i wish you well and hope you re examine your selves. it took me 20 -25 trys. by no means was it easy.
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #132
TIGERBOOBOO

TIGERBOOBOO's Gamercard
well, i FINALLY got this cheevo after about 35 tries. just stay in the middle and try to shoot as many as you can before they really get coming at you in full force spreading out. I turned my volume down so i did not panic when i DID NOT hear the guy saying "just a little longer"
TIGERBOOBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #133
Mike-H

mike1809's Gamercard
Impossible.

Turning up the brightness doesn't seem to help.

The big asteroids seem to come into view later than the normal ones - If they're bigger I should be able to see them from futher away!

If you struggle to hit one asteroid you then have 4 or 5 virtually on top of you by the time you've hit it meaning you're pretty much screwed.

After over an hour spent on this tonight I honestly can't see how I'm gonna be able to do it.

Edit: Typical - gave it one more try after I posted and got it straight away lol.

Last edited by Mike-H; 07-05-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Mike-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #134
MaxiMaximus25

GamerGrizzly25's Gamercard
this one can be infuriatingly tricky. just keep repeating it until you get lucky with your shots, and get a good script for the asteroids. i was lucky enough to get one with all the asteroids bunched up. also make sure not to overheat the gun, and remember that some asteroids do more damage than others, so make them a priority. hope this helps.
MaxiMaximus25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #135
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
It wasn't so hard. It's been a while since I played this game but I think I did it on my second try.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 AM   #136
Fat Strat Mann

Fat Strat Mann's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBetYaQuit View Post
this joint was a complete pain in the arse! honestly took me 25-30 attempts, kept getting between 45%-49%, finally took the advice I've read here and adjusted the brightness along with using my TVs zoom feature, took maybe 3-5 turns after that, maybe it was pure luck but it worked lol! passed with 51%

The same for me. I turned up the brightness and got it tonight. Total tries was probably 12-15 or so. I also passed with 51%
Fat Strat Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #137
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Is it true that this achievement is easier on impossible than on easy mode? I read this on some other forums.

Edit: Ok, nevermind. Just got it on my own after > 1 hour. I got 49% twice and in the end I got the achievement with 55% shield strength remaining. Thanks everyone for the tips!

Don't get cocky, kid - 10
Survive the ADS Cannon with over 50% shield strength remaining

Last edited by Hawaiian; 09-04-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #138
atlantic

ChungJai's Gamercard
Finally got this achievement after 40+ attempts. This was doubly difficult as I'm left handed. In the end I was in a trance state concentrating solely on the asteroids at the centre and not even taking notice of my shield strength. I even had the volume turned down to avoid further distraction. Achievement popped and I was surprised I still had a shield strength of 63%.

I would say that although the pattern of the asteroids is random you do become familiar with the points where the fast and big asteroids pop out. Take these out as soon as possible as they cause the most damage.

Another 1000g done and dusted.
atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #139
Darve

FlorianTavisher's Gamercard
Thats the way to go
Darve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #140
lowtek

Iowtek's Gamercard
This achievement can kiss my dick.
lowtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #141
thiagoatbatista

TFULL (Not Live-offline only)'s Gamercard
You just need two things..training and luck...

To make it easier, you can put your brghtness up...

Concentrate on the big rocks...i dont have much experience in playing fps...with a gamepad...my first game was this one...and today after like 30 hours...i have it completed...

See ya
thiagoatbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #142
MattrickSwayze4

MattrickSwayze4's Gamercard
this took me a dozen tries my first time through. got it first time on impossible though. must have been the adrenaline.
MattrickSwayze4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #143
supernumian

supernumian's Gamercard
I'm really sad that I can't complete Dead Space because of this achievements

I have several difficulties to aim using the cannon and the left/right trigger to shoot.
I don't know why, but I really suck at this, I reach 48% in the middle of the mini-game!

So sad, because the impossible walkthrough seems to be really easy compared to this.
supernumian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #144
Antroid

antoid's Gamercard
Got it!

This ones a bitch but just make sure you save just before so you can come back too it and not get too frustrated. I found using one trigger for different sides best and stay calm, there's nothing worst than getting near the end and getting hit by a million asteroids because you're frantically shooting lol.
Antroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #145
macd

MacDofGlasgow's Gamercard
This keeps kicking my ass. I struggle to even finish the ****ing section, let alone with >50%. I've been practising and repeating but even still this kicks my ass.

Think I might just give up on it. I'm not doing impossible until I have this (I'd really hate for this to be the only achievement I didn't have).

macd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #146
Kievah

Kievah's Gamercard
This segment is absolutely retarded. Three attempts and I can't even survive the bullshit barrages the game throws the moment it opens up, and toward the tail end of this section. Almost puts me off the whole damn game. Not going anywhere near this achievement. For those who have it, I tip my hat to you!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #147
Cougarandcaptor

cougarandcaptor's Gamercard
Couldnt get this no matter how hard i tried oh well maybe somtime in the future
Cougarandcaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #148
strawberry

Da 2pacalypse's Gamercard
For everyone having problems with this one, I was also having a lot of trouble. But i just got it with 81 left on the health. The trick i found was to completely ignore the stuff flying in at the top, most of the time they don't hit at all. Just focus on the stuff coming directly at you.
strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #149
supernumian

supernumian's Gamercard
I have Dead Space since day one but I 100% it just today because of this annoying achievement.
I just hate this kind of mini-game but it's not difficult at all.

For everyone that have some problem with this, I suggest to not give up.
I'm really horrible in shooter and I have no aiming skill, so, if I finally got it...
...you can get it too!

Now I have 1000/1000 this very good game!

supernumian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #150
Piesank

piesank's Gamercard
I also got this on my second playthrough, the maxxed out one not epic tier one. The first time I tried I must have quit after about 10 tries second time through I got it after my 4th try!

My advice don't give up and don't lose your cool!