PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
floridafan765
 
floridafan765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 270

floridafan765's Gamercard
Beware

Ok i was going to start going for my last achievement, Marathon, so i have 600k points and i planned on getting 100k a day for 4 days. i started and i got 50k in 30 minutes, but i wanted to take a break so i went to play Aegis Wing. to do this i simply did a quick launch on the guide as i was in the middle of the game. after playing aegis wing i went back to get my last 50k for the day only to discover i was at 600k when i should be at 650k! just an FYI for any planning on doing this..go back to the menu or at least don't do a quick launch because instead of being at 700k and only 3 more days until i complete the game now im at 600k and extremely frustrated and im not sure when i plan on getting this achievement.
__________________
Thanks Gunshiine State for the badass sig
floridafan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
WheelzthatKeelz
 
WheelzthatKeelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 165

wh00kie's Gamercard
Woah you wasted a whole 30 minutes! Man you must be pissed! I can't imagine playing a game for 30 minutes only to LOSE IT ALL because I quick launched a game... Oh wait, I never quick launch games

Anyone who has been through a lot of achievments knows that you should go back to the menu and dashboard it before you go quitting games. Unless there is a SAVE option as you are playing then you quit out to the menu, go to the dashboard. Quicklaunching in the middle of a game is just asking for problems.
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
floridafan765
 
floridafan765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 270

floridafan765's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelzthatKeelz View Post
Woah you wasted a whole 30 minutes! Man you must be pissed! I can't imagine playing a game for 30 minutes only to LOSE IT ALL because I quick launched a game... Oh wait, I never quick launch games

Anyone who has been through a lot of achievments knows that you should go back to the menu and dashboard it before you go quitting games. Unless there is a SAVE option as you are playing then you quit out to the menu, go to the dashboard. Quicklaunching in the middle of a game is just asking for problems.
Well if you look at my gamercard you might be able to see that have been through a lot of achievements, and i don't often quick launch games, but that day i did which is why i gave the heads-up..your welcome.
and i find it interesting you'd even post in forum of such a subject if u haven't played the game, so u cant possibly no the situation, but hey free country (USA anyway)
__________________
Thanks Gunshiine State for the badass sig

Last edited by floridafan765; 06-21-2009 at 04:41 AM.
floridafan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
DeviousD
 
DeviousD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk & Beans England
Posts: 311
Send a message via MSN to DeviousD

Devious Damion's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up i dont normaly quick launch anyways but its good to know.
__________________
DeviousD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
T0b3
 
T0b3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,325
Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quicklaunching is always a bad idea.. I NEVER do that.
__________________


100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
WheelzthatKeelz
 
WheelzthatKeelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 165

wh00kie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafan765 View Post
Well if you look at my gamercard you might be able to see that have been through a lot of achievements, and i don't often quick launch games, but that day i did which is why i gave the heads-up..your welcome.
and i find it interesting you'd even post in forum of such a subject if u haven't played the game, so u cant possibly no the situation, but hey free country (USA anyway)
Give it maybe a week mate and I will have played it. I came on here to look up how the achievments are because I'm interested in the game. The way you were complaining and such just got under my skin and I didn't see it as a heads up, I saw it as you being pissed off about losing a little bit of time.

Anyway, the subject of quicklaunching and losing stats over it applies to many games especially when its a multiplayer game like this one is. So even if I haven't played it I still have a right to post in here and give you a "heads up" that quicklaunching is a bad idea in any situation.
Besides, I haven't played the game but I may have watched someone else play it or whatever. So in any manner, you implying that I'm some kind of idiot for posting on a game that I have yet to play makes you look like the fool :P
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #7
floridafan765
 
floridafan765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 270

floridafan765's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelzthatKeelz View Post
Give it maybe a week mate and I will have played it. I came on here to look up how the achievments are because I'm interested in the game. The way you were complaining and such just got under my skin and I didn't see it as a heads up, I saw it as you being pissed off about losing a little bit of time.

Anyway, the subject of quicklaunching and losing stats over it applies to many games especially when its a multiplayer game like this one is. So even if I haven't played it I still have a right to post in here and give you a "heads up" that quicklaunching is a bad idea in any situation.
Besides, I haven't played the game but I may have watched someone else play it or whatever. So in any manner, you implying that I'm some kind of idiot for posting on a game that I have yet to play makes you look like the fool :P
I guess i was complaining..not really i was most certainly frustrated its not the most exciting thing to do and it was a waste of time so yea it wasnt kool, but i thought it'd be a good thing to give people a heads-up and if you didn't see it that way im sorry. If you would rather come on here and express how you can be douche bag than that's you. Just to reiterate on the whole quick-launch thing..that was probably the one time i've done it and yea it was a bad idea and i don't ever plan on doing it again. I hope you enjoy the game when you get it, and for that matter enjoy life. Have a nice day.
__________________
Thanks Gunshiine State for the badass sig
floridafan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
WheelzthatKeelz
 
WheelzthatKeelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 165

wh00kie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafan765 View Post
I guess i was complaining..not really i was most certainly frustrated its not the most exciting thing to do and it was a waste of time so yea it wasnt kool, but i thought it'd be a good thing to give people a heads-up and if you didn't see it that way im sorry. If you would rather come on here and express how you can be douche bag than that's you. Just to reiterate on the whole quick-launch thing..that was probably the one time i've done it and yea it was a bad idea and i don't ever plan on doing it again. I hope you enjoy the game when you get it, and for that matter enjoy life. Have a nice day.
Lol I'm a douchebag?
A heads-up to me would have been "Don't quicklaunch out of a session in progress because I just lost 30 minutes worth of score because of it."

Not my fault that you decided to make it into a whole paragraph explaining about how all this time was wasted and you're so pissed off about it etc etc. In my eyes, thats complaining/ranting which I have no problem with normally but you are trying to say it was a 'heads up' to everyone when all I read was "I'M SO ANGRY GAHH I LOST 30 WHOLE MINUTES OF TIME BOOOWAHHH".

I just would have rathered you be a bit more short with your "heads up" rather than dribbling on about all the time you lost because you thought it was a good idea to do a stupid thing. I'm sure I will enjoy the game and I am enjoying life thankyou =D
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
floridafan765
 
floridafan765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 270

floridafan765's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelzthatKeelz View Post
Lol I'm a douchebag?
A heads-up to me would have been "Don't quicklaunch out of a session in progress because I just lost 30 minutes worth of score because of it."

Not my fault that you decided to make it into a whole paragraph explaining about how all this time was wasted and you're so pissed off about it etc etc. In my eyes, thats complaining/ranting which I have no problem with normally but you are trying to say it was a 'heads up' to everyone when all I read was "I'M SO ANGRY GAHH I LOST 30 WHOLE MINUTES OF TIME BOOOWAHHH".

I just would have rathered you be a bit more short with your "heads up" rather than dribbling on about all the time you lost because you thought it was a good idea to do a stupid thing. I'm sure I will enjoy the game and I am enjoying life thankyou =D
Wow you sure know a lot about me and my post..maybe you didn't understand early when i said i was extremely frustrated by it obviously. i can't spend much time on xbox and 30 minutes out of maybe 2 to 3 hours a day is a pretty good amount of time. So if you think it's complaining and not a fair warning then you are surely subject to your own opinion. It's also pretty obvious that you are a tool in this corrupt world and you must have the last word..so you go ahead and reply to this post and let everyone know how awesome you are and how i'm a complaining dumbass, and that you're right and can't be wrong. So you have the last word and i will not reply to it.

p.s. im so happy for you and your enjoyment of life
__________________
Thanks Gunshiine State for the badass sig
floridafan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
floridafan765
 
floridafan765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 270

floridafan765's Gamercard
Sorry for the double post, but Wheelzthatkeelz and i have came to terms that this arguement is absolutely pointless and makes no sense so we're done. No hard feelings wheelz
__________________
Thanks Gunshiine State for the badass sig
floridafan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
montrossity
 
montrossity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelzthatKeelz View Post
Woah you wasted a whole 30 minutes! Man you must be pissed! I can't imagine playing a game for 30 minutes only to LOSE IT ALL because I quick launched a game... Oh wait, I never quick launch games

Anyone who has been through a lot of achievments knows that you should go back to the menu and dashboard it before you go quitting games. Unless there is a SAVE option as you are playing then you quit out to the menu, go to the dashboard. Quicklaunching in the middle of a game is just asking for problems.
WOW! What a D'Bag! Seriously, are you saying that you have been through a lot of achievements?? If so, that's sad seeing that I could reach your gamerscore in a month or two. But thanks for the heads up nonetheless.
__________________

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 AM.