PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
Can't select wich lands you tap?

when you have like 2 black and 2 green and you play 2+1black, you cant be the boss of what the 2 others will be?

also, in the real game, can you decide the order of the battles?

can be a big deal sometimes
Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Order of the battles? You mean the damage distribution? There is an option to make that manual, you just can't decide what mana you will tap.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
DUBBLEUP

DUBBLEUP's Gamercard
The blockers decide who they want to block. The attackers can't decide who they want to attack. Unless they have a direct damage ability. The automatic mana tapping has ruined a couple of my games. I can't believe they even put that in the game.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBLEUP View Post
The blockers decide who they want to block. The attackers can't decide who they want to attack. Unless they have a direct damage ability. The automatic mana tapping has ruined a couple of my games. I can't believe they even put that in the game.
I think it saves more time not having to select lands to tap for everything than it wastes losing games.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBLEUP View Post
The attackers can't decide who they want to attack.
I meant if they have multiple blockers on the same attacker, you can decide how to distribute the damage??
Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Order of the battles? You mean the damage distribution? There is an option to make that manual, you just can't decide what mana you will tap.
thanks, I'll look for that
Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
PeRFeCK

PeRFeCK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
when u play a 2 or 3 color deck and ur not able to pick which lands to tap, the computer tries to make the selection for u. unfortunately this decision is only correct about 60% of the time from my experience. it bases its decision on what cards you have left in your hand that you could possibly play, but if there are two and not the same color, u could get screwed. definitely a flaw - thanks WOTC....
Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #8
SuperWoody64

SuperWoody64's Gamercard
Yeah this is a ridiculous "feature".
Also I hate how you can't see how many of each mana you have, on a 56" toshiba in 1080p I can't tell how many forests I have stacked up unless I have a blanchwood armor out or something. They should add little colored numbers saying how many of which color you have untapped/total.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:11 AM   #9
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
wow, something ridiculous happened:

we wanted to kill Vigor(?) in co-op campain so we attacked with a 3/3 hoping he would block and burn him for 3 more with a spell

he team-blocked with a 0/3 wall

guess what, the damage was dealt to the stupid wall instead

HOW are we supposed to distribute the damage to the guy we want instead it beeing of random?

i looked and couldnt find
Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
GoachMang

GoaCHMaNG's Gamercard
You go under help and then game settings and it's like the 2nd or 3rd option from the bottom.
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Thanks to Josh UK 1!

GoachMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
Perax

Send a message via MSN to Perax

Perax's Gamercard
You can't select which land u want to tap, that's why i decided to not play the trispec decks... They did lot of minor mistake (u can't tap specific lands, if u got lot of them u barely can count how many you got, no on-line coop and for my experience no 4 players matchs since someone has always randomly have to restart the console while the game was loading O.o..) but will they ever fix them :O?

That's the question...

Last edited by Perax; 06-25-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Perax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
DemoniChris

Send a message via AIM to DemoniChris Send a message via MSN to DemoniChris

DemoniChris's Gamercard
Here's what I discovered.. Say you have Shivan Dragon in play and an elf in your hand (the elf that lets you pick a land after you put him into play). If you put that elf into play and you have a 2x Swamps, Mountain and a Forest untapped. The computer MIGHT tap your Mountain and Forest. (You would be unable to boost your dragon to 6/5 because it tapped your only Mountain card.) This needs to be fixed.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGLOL1111 View Post
wow, something ridiculous happened:

we wanted to kill Vigor(?) in co-op campain so we attacked with a 3/3 hoping he would block and burn him for 3 more with a spell

he team-blocked with a 0/3 wall

guess what, the damage was dealt to the stupid wall instead

HOW are we supposed to distribute the damage to the guy we want instead it beeing of random?

i looked and couldnt find
Well the AI decided you want to kill something rather than just sacrifice your creature. The AI does damage first to what it can kill. If it can kill more than one blocker, it kills the highest powered defender. It would be interesting to find out in a two headed giant match, when attacking with a 1/1 creature, blocked by the moth that gives 4 life (0/1) and a goblin pike (2/1), which creature it kills. I would guess it would kill the goblin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoniChris View Post
Here's what I discovered.. Say you have Shivan Dragon in play and an elf in your hand (the elf that lets you pick a land after you put him into play). If you put that elf into play and you have a 2x Swamps, Mountain and a Forest untapped. The computer MIGHT tap your Mountain and Forest. (You would be unable to boost your dragon to 6/5 because it tapped your only Mountain card.) This needs to be fixed.
It really depends on what you have in your hand. If you had a terror sitting in your hand it probably would tap the mountain. If you had only red cards left in your hand, it would never tap the mountain.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 06-25-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #14
Rayce Katarn

Send a message via MSN to Rayce Katarn

ATA Rayce 2k9's Gamercard
Yeah, this is a horrible feature. I'm playing the Green/Black Elf deck and have 3 Forest and 2 Swamps out. I play Farhaven Elf (2F) and the game taps 2 Forests and a Swamp, leaving me with a Forest and a Swamp. The problem is, I have 2 Giant Growths in my hand and wanted to play them both, because that would win me the game, and now I can't!! This needs to be changed ASAP. Or at least give us an option to turn it off/on.

Great games ruined by crappy implementation ><
Rayce Katarn is offline   Reply With Quote