PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
k_dog

Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Reviews

I was wondering if you (In general) were ever considering a separate section for this. I am frequently writing reviews on games the are, for the most part, unbiased, insightfull and very usfull as far as reference goes. I have recieved much positive feedback for my reviews. I realize that our members could just simply search google for this but what fun would that be? It attracts more forum poulation, makes finding a good review easier to find and gives me somewhere to post my insights.

This is just something I was contemplating today as I watch Verizon Wireless aquire a new Kiosk. hmph..

I want a new Kiosk...

Any feedback would be appriciated. Thanks.

-Brian
k_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
killerjt

killer jt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Re: Reviews

We have talked abought this, but there are hundres of sites out there that do reviews. We did not want to junk up the site with stuff that we could not do as well as IGN or GameSpot. This is why we have chosen to do achievement tips and not reviews. We want to do stuff with this site that the big boys are not doing. We do not want to junk up the site.

http://x360a.org.myminicity.com/ind

Visit My City each day.

http://killerjt.myminicity.com/
killerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
k_dog

Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjt
We have talked abought this, but there are hundres of sites out there that do reviews.  We did not want to junk up the site with stuff that we could not do as well as IGN or GameSpot.  This is why we have chosen to do achievement tips and not reviews.  We want to do stuff with this site that the big boys are not doing.  We do not want to junk up the site.
I don't really follow your reasoning as to how it would "junk up" the site...

You use the justification that the big boys are doing it, then you degrade the idea by saying it doesnt look right. If this is the case, are IGN and Gamespot editors "Junking up" their site?

-Brian
k_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

This site isn't a "general" gaming site - it's specifically geared towards achievements for 360 games. We felt that there are plenty of other sites out there that people can go to for general reviews and other information that people would read in order to decide to buy a game. Because we're geared towards achievements, we felt that it was better to provide tips and reviews as they relate to achievements. If you would be willing to write articles or reviews slanted towards the collecting of achievements, we'd be more than happy to accept them - don't get us wrong. ;D

We're trying to fill a "niche" corner of the market - something that very few have done yet. We're trying to blaze some trails - not use the ones that are already there.

Hope this helps.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

yeah, the big sites get the games to preview- we dont yet (one day maybe lol)

like Ice says, there for the games, were for the points

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #6
scoobydiesel

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

i like to review stuff but games are little harder to review(matter what format) but yeah right now we should stick with how to get achievements

Old School member.
scoobydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote