PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
WeemanNewYork

Send a message via AIM to WeemanNewYork

ReAl ImPuLsE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Need help in Butch Bay w/ robot

How do the hell u beat robot in Butch Bay???

NEED HELP PLEASE
Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
NAMMY

If you mean the heavy guard near the end, I just used a few grenades I had saved when I was playing on hard. Or hide behind the pillars and shoot the explosive crates that conveniently run along the ceiling when they're above the robot.
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
WeemanNewYork

Send a message via AIM to WeemanNewYork

ReAl ImPuLsE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think it one that come down the elevator..
Old 06-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
NAMMY

Ah the riot guard after you get ambushed. I hid in the shadows, then snuck up behind him to fire at his weak point - his back. A few shells from the shotgun did the job.
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
BUJIKAN

BUJIKAN's Gamercard
Smile

Yeah I'm having a real hard time beating this Riot Guard in the Mech Suit! I keep trying to strafe around him and shoot him in the back but I get blasted and killed. Is the shotgun the best way to take him down? And how did you do it, did you just strafe real fast behind him? I've beaten him before when I had the game the first time, and I bought it again to get some more achievements, but damn if I can't remember how I killed this damn Riot Guard!!!

Xbox 360 Games 100%: (before DLC)
Tenchu Z, Viva Pinata, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Halo 3, Borderlands, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Condemned 2: Bloodshot

XBLA Games 100%: (before DLC)
A Kingdom for Keflings, Harms Way
BUJIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
Silent Adept

Silent Adept's Gamercard
My experience is that this is a patience game. First, use the shadows and wait until the mech is across the room from you. I used the machine gun, followed by the pistol, then the shotty just to avoid the close range combat. Shooting the mech will draw it to your current position. Use the shadows to slip away and move into another shadow location to take the next few shots at him. The mech will go down, and you won't lose health. But it does take a bit of time.
Silent Adept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
Will Daniels

tdcobra99's Gamercard
This is seriously one of the hardest games I've played. I started it on "Hard" thinking that, hell, I've done veteran on COD's and played elite/hard on other games. But this is cranked up to the max.

Is there many really difficult parts from here on out (The first riot guard)? I've been thinking about just restarting on normal and foregoing the "hard" achievement.
Will Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Daniels View Post
This is seriously one of the hardest games I've played. I started it on "Hard" thinking that, hell, I've done veteran on COD's and played elite/hard on other games. But this is cranked up to the max.

Is there many really difficult parts from here on out (The first riot guard)? I've been thinking about just restarting on normal and foregoing the "hard" achievement.
You pretty much quoted me word for word. I just don't know how to do beat this part. I beat the game on Hard back on the original Xbox, but in this scene I was able to run past the guard and take the elevator down without killing him. Now not only do I have to kill him for the cigarette pack achievement, but the game won't let me skip him anyway. I'm about to just forget about the hard achievement and just get the rest . It's a great game once you get past this part.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
pancakeslp

PancakesLP's Gamercard
Bit of a necro...

i found this video really useful
Guard fight at 5.45 onwards

I saw this and then just hid in the shadows, taking pot shots when his back is turned

Worked first time
pancakeslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for this method, i would had never been able to beat him(ON NORMAL ON TOP OF THAT) without it...

I mean i tried doing it "normally" but as soon as your in his back, you shot one bullet then BAM he turn around and waste you... no chance at all...

With this box "glitch" he couldn't hit me...

But damn how hard is this game... sometimes the ennemies won't die until i shot them 6 times... they always hit me first, and what kind of game still use that old shitty system of med pack shit? I mean ok it ain't a new game but damn its still a 360 game... I started playing this because i got to see the new Riddick movie, like the franchise, bough that a while ago, never played it til today(minus 2-3 MP games) and well it seem like a good game, but really hard, hope i don't regret putting it on normal... but well i wanted the normal achievements... especially since the MP achievements are dog turd toilet shit... really not gonna waste time on this.

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 09-12-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote