PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

The Official Gears 2 Bitching Thread

If i had a nickel for every thread there is whining, complaining, pissing, and moaning about Gears2, id have enough to buy me a snow cone everyday for the summer. Now...you have a problem with lag, glitchers, rank resets, overpowered weapons, spawncampers, standbyers, host bridgers, dlc costs, basically anything, you just come here and let us know about it! Dont need the forum getting too cluttered

My 2 biggest problems are with the delay they put in between roadie run and shootin the shotty. When im rushing someone with the shotty i have to take the time (nearly a second) to stop and shoot, it wasnt like that in Gears1 so it does affect alot of high level players. Second, whenever i wall bounce, i get to the corner, i have to take another goddamn second out of my virtual life to move the camera angle proportional to the direction that i want to turn to, i cant just turn the corner if the camera angle is not in the proper direction, again affecting my gameplay skills a bit. Everything else, i can just leave out because its part of any MP games (lag, spawncampers, unbalanced weapons).

And of course no flaming, nothing wrong with bitching as long as its a clean discussion and who knows, maybe one day an Epic Mod/Dev will come in and read this so post constructive criticism if you want to be taken seriously!
NinjaGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
AkuMifune

AkuMifune's Gamercard
My biggest complaint are the people who complain. Play the game or find a new one.
AkuMifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #3
S1N1ST3R II X17

Lmfao, dayamn. . .

Gears of War 1: 59/59 for 1250/1250
Gears of War 2: 79/79 for 1750/1750
S1N1ST3R II X17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #4
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuMifune View Post
My biggest complaint are the people who complain. Play the game or find a new one.
Whoa dont get me wrong buddy, i love Gears2, just thought id address some personal issues i may have with this game. This is in no way bashing Gears2, i play it everyday- level 52 now. All the forums cluttered by "i hate this, i hate that bout gears" should go in here, there is always a new thread like it everyday as i stated in my first post.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
AkuMifune

AkuMifune's Gamercard
Sorry. I'm just really excited for the new DLC and it's mad frustrating to have to wade through the overwhelming number of Gears complainers.
AkuMifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
x 19 Luke 87 x

IEntendu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So you thought youd make a thread bitching about people who bitch. Good idea.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x 19 Luke 87 x View Post
Seems a little counter productive, doesn't it?

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
xXsniperXxTF

II iSCARFAC3 II's Gamercard
I loved gears at first but got boring i had it since day one only achievement i need for it is rank 100 and horde on map packs. I for one am going to take a break from gears for a while and stop playing gears when cod mw2 comes out.
xXsniperXxTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x 19 Luke 87 x View Post
And in saying that you're bitching. And in saying this I'm bitching! We've succeeded in creating a paradox... wait not a paradox... an infinite loop? I don't know anymore
Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #10
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeWolf View Post
And in saying that you're bitching. And in saying this I'm bitching! We've succeeded in creating a paradox... wait not a paradox... an infinite loop? I don't know anymore
But this thread was intended for bitching so everyone is following the rules ... but then im agreeing which isnt bitching , which means im going against what the thread is for and contradicting the comments within it - commonly known as bitching .....it is a loop

im confused =P

p.s gear kicks ass

Last edited by Teh BeZ; 07-02-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Teh BeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuMifune View Post
my thoughts exactly...just stfu cause no one cares if you like the game or not

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #12
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh BeZ View Post
But this thread was intended for bitching so everyone is following the rules ... but then im agreeing which isnt bitching , which means im going against what the thread is for and contradicting the comments within it - commonly known as bitching .....it is a loop

im confused =P
touché... i think...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
DiGGeR

DiGGeR813z's Gamercard
I like the idea of this thread. Every game section should have one. There are a lot of threads complaining about something that someone didn't like about the game, why not keep em in one spot? Also, the OP isn't really complaining about others, as he himself admits he would like to complain in here. He just thought it would be cleaner to keep complaints organized. And probably should call it "complaints thread" instead of "bitching thread", sounds better to me.

Completed XBLA: 11 Completed Retail: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodangles View Post
And I know he's only 10 so what can I expect? But I mean he's got to be CLUTCH! Well I haven't tried it since, mainly because I made him cry last time and he won't give it a go...Oh well. In time, it will come.
DiGGeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGGeR View Post
I like the idea of this thread. Every game section should have one. There are a lot of threads complaining about something that someone didn't like about the game, why not keep em in one spot? Also, the OP isn't really complaining about others, as he himself admits he would like to complain in here. He just thought it would be cleaner to keep complaints organized. And probably should call it "complaints thread" instead of "bitching thread", sounds better to me.

Could work , a thread for 'how awsome it is' and a thread for 'how shit it is' and if you wanna bitch ,bitch. If you wank over then do it , but dont stray into each others thread.

It'll be like somewhere to channel your negative emotion about a game with other people that feel the same.

Do you think that people moan that they dont like paintings, like art Connoisseurs
-ZOMG the mona lisa is ugly ...agreed?
-ohhh geofry I completely concur.

Last edited by Teh BeZ; 07-02-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: idiot i am
Teh BeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
CrosSBraX

CrosSBraX's Gamercard
I have 2 things with this game ..

You complain about not being able to rush, god I hate players like you!. Takes away all of the cover and stuff.

Second - the map Gridlock. Because there is some ass ho Always uses the Boomshot way to much!. What surprises me most that they are lvl 40 plus.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
II TAPOUT II

Send a message via AIM to II TAPOUT II

Yo Tyler's Gamercard
I'm tired of people playing this game like it's Fight Club! Learn how to shoot a damn gun. Especially if I'm facing off 3 of you, and you have to melee, or throw a smoke at me, then you suck. Seriously...

/miniature rant.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
UltraAmoeba

UltraAmoeba's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II TAPOUT II View Post
I'm tired of people playing this game like it's Fight Club! Learn how to shoot a damn gun. Especially if I'm facing off 3 of you, and you have to melee, or throw a smoke at me, then you suck.
This.

My only gripe.

my signature.
lol.

UltraAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #18
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

People who use nothing but shotgun. Even at long range. Seriously dude, shotgun is a close range weapon, its embarassing when you try and snipe with it
Old 07-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
People who use nothing but shotgun. Even at long range. Seriously dude, shotgun is a close range weapon, its embarassing when you try and snipe with it
Ive downed several guys on host across maps (like Day One) with the shotty. I aint complaining, lol.

One thing that really gets on my nerves is when i go in lobby by myself lookin for a game and i get 2 or 3 star ranks on my team that cant play for shit and we're gettin our ass kicked by level 20's, 30's. I only hate glitchers if they end up on my team making me look bad. I have absolutely NO problem playing against them at all.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #20
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Quote:
You can't blame people for using what the game gave them. If it works, why not use it? Just like the option to melee someone. It kicks ass, so do it! Odd though how it seems to be more effective than the shotgun...

My big gripe is people not dying when they should. When I shoot you point blank with my shotgun, you should die, not turn around and kill me. I'm so sick of legitimately shooting someone in the chest/back/head and then having them melee me down or saw me in half. The hit detection in this game is awful.

I'm also just tired of EPIC's general tendency to ignore all the important problems and "fix" bugs that no one knows about or cares about. Balance the weapons and such, don't add achievements to sell content.

Lastly, the smokes. Now, I liked when they knocked people over and I don't know why they took it out. Now they don't do anything. They are supposed to stun people, but if they are roadie running or are in cover they have NO effect. At least make the smoke come out for longer than 2 seconds so that they actually operate like a real smoke grenade (i.e. so you can run through them without being seen). Then they would serve a purpose.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #21
CrosSBraX

CrosSBraX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by isw42 View Post
You can't blame people for using what the game gave them. If it works, why not use it? Just like the option to melee someone. It kicks ass, so do it! Odd though how it seems to be more effective than the shotgun...

My big gripe is people not dying when they should. When I shoot you point blank with my shotgun, you should die, not turn around and kill me. I'm so sick of legitimately shooting someone in the chest/back/head and then having them melee me down or saw me in half. The hit detection in this game is awful.

I'm also just tired of EPIC's general tendency to ignore all the important problems and "fix" bugs that no one knows about or cares about. Balance the weapons and such, don't add achievements to sell content.

Lastly, the smokes. Now, I liked when they knocked people over and I don't know why they took it out. Now they don't do anything. They are supposed to stun people, but if they are roadie running or are in cover they have NO effect. At least make the smoke come out for longer than 2 seconds so that they actually operate like a real smoke grenade (i.e. so you can run through them without being seen). Then they would serve a purpose.
Amen to that !!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
weBBa man
Banned User

o web man o's Gamercard
im comin to put my 2 cents in, dont care i jus want to get it off my chest! GEARS OF WAR 2 IS BROKE BEYOND ALL REPAIR!!!!!! im a legitimate
4 bar/level 67, been playin this garbage since day one,this title update 4 hasnt fixed shit, they took out the freakin meatsheild glitch (dont care about the extra points) smokes is stupid as shit, and i still dont understand why you cant counter a 2 piece, i know some of you gears head might say im a bitch, but i know for a fact you guys agree, ya i can go play somethin else, but dammit, im broke and MW2 wont be out for a few more months...
weBBa man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Does anybody notice a little difference when you shoot the mortar? You stay on the ground reloading instead of being able to get up and walk, i find it a little annoying.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #24
IncensedCape

IncensedCape's Gamercard

I've played the multiplayer on this game once....never again

I'd heard about the legendary lagginess of this game but I never thought it would happen to me, as I've got a good connection. I was wrong...I'd say that my bullets had a 50% chance of hitting the enemy when they were stood still directly in front of me. I thought the gameplay itself was pretty boring anyway, compared to other games.

IncensedCape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #25
scttsmall

scttsmall's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGrinder View Post
Does anybody notice a little difference when you shoot the mortar? You stay on the ground reloading instead of being able to get up and walk, i find it a little annoying.

Yeah Ninja I noticed it today after I updated with TU4. It was not like that last night.
scttsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #26
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGrinder View Post
I also noticed this. I think it's intended to be a weapon balancing thing so that it is easier for ppl to take you down as the mortar can be a pretty decisive weapon. Esp in annex
Old 07-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #27
Damoizgod

Chainsaws. Meleeing. Annoy me to hell. What's the point in playing a TPS to just fucking chainsaw everyone and the amount of time sI've been double meleed to the floor just isn't funny get some fucking skill please.
Damoizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #28
xToXiC rIpPeRx

xToXiC rIpPeRx's Gamercard
nice thread i agree

^-^-^-^Made by Me ^-^-^-^

xToXiC rIpPeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #29
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isw42 View Post
Now they don't do anything. They are supposed to stun people, but if they are roadie running or are in cover they have NO effect.
Not anymore, thanks to TU4.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:13 AM   #30
ColinLad07

Send a message via MSN to ColinLad07

ColinLad07's Gamercard
Abolutly nothing annoys me about this game for some reason i cant put it down!

the 1 thing that just pisses me off is say its 2 v 1 and your team mate is down you come to help down the guy and go to pick him up before you kill and they nick it! pathetic all for 10 points

http://twitter.com/Colin_Gillespie
http://www.myspace.com/Colin_Gillespie
''And now its Walcott, the roadrunner is on his way...Alonso last man back...releases it!...Arshavin...FOURRRR!''
ColinLad07 is offline   Reply With Quote