PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #31
D.A.N.

Send a message via MSN to D.A.N.

pZ Uncanny Doom's Gamercard
I was playing a game of Execution earlier today. Score was 4-2 with my team leading and I had 10 kills, 8 downs, 5 revives, 4 deaths, and a hell of a lot of points. Then the connection to host timed out in the last round when there were three guys left on the other team and four guys on mine. I'm not very good at Gears of War 2, so I was incredibly pissed that the one time I was doing good/facing people worse than me I didn't get the experience from it.

But really, the only thing that constantly gets me bitching in Gears are players who don't play as a team. Nothing like watching everyone sprawl out in separate areas and get gangraped!

D.A.N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
Craigimuss

Craigimuss's Gamercard
Biggest problem is EPIC can't/won't fix the lag. They just limit the gameplay to try and compensate for it; which dosen't help. Gears played miles better than Gears 2 and you could still use all these blocked techniques e.g. run shotty etc. All they should of removed is the active sniper downs; that's it.

One thing about Gears that is good though is that you can play annex or koth without people getting abusive because they can respawn instead of going to the round over screen.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #33
BNP GIBBOuk

How about this, my own team mate boomered me in a public match on river.
BNP GIBBOuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #34
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The inconsistencies (frags, boom, torque, shotgun) and teammates who, when given all but an invitation to revive you, run off and let you die.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #35
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Man, ive been seeing alot of lag lately. I played with sinister last night and it lagged almost every game its like having regular exp with no lag, Epic cant even compensate for this kind of shit.
NinjaGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #36
x 19 Luke 87 x

IEntendu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Seems a little counter productive, doesn't it?
Just ever so slightly.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #37
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Ok so i came across a glitch i've never seen before yesterday. I got stunned by a smoke grenade, and just stood there like a complete penis clutching my head for a good 2 minutes... then to make things all the better, I learned what a bunch of noobs i was playing against, cos when they saw me standing there pissing myself over a tiny bit of smoke they all sprinted towards me desperately trying to be the lucky bastard to get an easy kill. Guess how I went out. Quintuple chainsawed FTL.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #38
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeWolf View Post
when they saw me standing there pissing myself over a tiny bit of smoke they all sprinted towards me desperately trying to be the lucky bastard to get an easy kill. Guess how I went out. Quintuple chainsawed FTL.
this is like every game i play against people lol.

they need to make it like gears 1, so that when you hit somebody with a bullet the chainsaw goes down. that would fix the chainsaw issue. cliffyb probably sucked at gow1 so he made it extremely easy to use his favorite weapon.
then they also need to fix the lag.
i believe that the melee should not stun you, which would stop kids that get all their kills from 2-piecing and double melees.
aaaaaaand they should take the stun off of the smoke grenade like gears 1.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #39
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanuary99 View Post
i believe that the melee should not stun you, which would stop kids that get all their kills from 2-piecing and double melees.
if it didn't then you wouldn't have a chance close range against chainsaw because after the first punch u'd be sawed instantly.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #40
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeWolf View Post
if it didn't then you wouldn't have a chance close range against chainsaw because after the first punch u'd be sawed instantly.
yeah but i also said they should make it so if bullets hit a chainsaw it should stop it. so maybe if you get in range of meleeing a chainsaw then it should stop the saw but not stun them. i know its not bullets, but its the same concept aka hitting the saw should stop it.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #41
Answerboy20

My biggest complaint is host advantage being too obvious. I know that there will always be some advantage to being host, but when 1 team of dominates every round and every major head to head battle then you just hope your on the host team, if not then you get "F'd in the A." for 10 mins.

I also see alot of times where I run up and melee or shotty someone point blank and then I get chainsawed. SOOOOO after being smacked in the face or blasted by a shotty it should take someone 1-2 seconds to have the ability to fire up the chainsaw! I don't mind the chainsaw otherwise.
Answerboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #42
Jozier

Jozier's Gamercard
Between lag and not knowing what maps I need to beat for certain achievements (why the game can't tell you I don't know) it can be frustrating.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #43
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoizgod View Post
Chainsaws. Meleeing. Annoy me to hell. What's the point in playing a TPS to just fucking chainsaw everyone and the amount of time sI've been double meleed to the floor just isn't funny get some fucking skill please.
LOL then dont let me melee you. Shotgun nubs who do nothing but rush and try to two piece me deserve their fate. LOL
Old 07-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #44
Wouter666

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
I hate:

- When people don't press LT or RT to choose a map/gametype.
- When you have to wait 14 seconds for respawning in a respawn gametype.
- When you have to wait 20 seconds when the match is over.
Wouter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #45
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanuary99 View Post
yeah but i also said they should make it so if bullets hit a chainsaw it should stop it. so maybe if you get in range of meleeing a chainsaw then it should stop the saw but not stun them. i know its not bullets, but its the same concept aka hitting the saw should stop it.
Oh ok, yeah that would actually be real easy to program to since melees in all games are just powerful bullets short-range bullets. If you've ever tried punching a wall on shooters which when you shoot a wall a bullet-hole appears, (Half-life 2 is a good example) if you melee it too, you also get a bullet-hole.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #46
XOv3rdoz3PRX

XSkillzPRX's Gamercard
Did you know that if your connection isn't perfect with certain hosts then you cannot gib them from less than 1 feet away when someone revives them? yeah you should try it, it's a pretty gay way to die...great game though.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #47
S1N1ST3R II X17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGrinder View Post
Man, ive been seeing alot of lag lately. I played with sinister last night and it lagged almost every game its like having regular exp with no lag, Epic cant even compensate for this kind of shit.
Yeah man, the fucking lag in this game has been HORRIBLE ever since TU4/Double EXP, there are no hopes for a better Gears of War 2, all they do is keep fucking the game up more and more and more and more with every one of these stupid title updates. Hopefully they will learn their stupid lessons and actually have an Online Beta for Gears 3.

Gears of War 1: 59/59 for 1250/1250
Gears of War 2: 79/79 for 1750/1750
S1N1ST3R II X17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #48
Kebabsaurus Rex

Kebabsaurus Rex's Gamercard
played the other day for the first time in months

lag horrible check
connection timing out due to our team winning check
game still slow and shit check
almost pointless playing check

game pretty much ruined from Gears 1 check

the only positive I have is they have changed the smoke so it doesnt knock you on your butt every time
Kebabsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #49
Stickman400

There are sooooo many things wrong with this game I wouldn't be able to fit them all in 1 post. The biggest one for me though has got to be the host advantage. if your not the host team you might aswell think you've lost before the match even begins. I had fun at first but then it got laggy and repetitive, I made it to 25 for that achievement and I am not touching this game ever again. EPIC did not do there homework on this game at all, they made the face value of it through the roof and did nothing for it after that.

Last edited by Stickman400; 07-08-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #50
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
I don't know what you all are talking about with the lag issue. I have never had any problems.

I was unhappy with the smokes until now. At first, you would be knocked helplessly to the ground. Then, they did absolutely nothing. Now, no matter what you are doing, you flinch. That's fair enough, I guess.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #51
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isw42 View Post
I don't know what you all are talking about with the lag issue. I have never had any problems.
You'll eventually run into it; everyone does.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #52
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
You'll eventually run into it; everyone does.
I've had it since day one and aside from the matchmaking taking forever back in November, I haven't had any connection or lag issues. Just gameplay issues.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #53
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

This thread needs a good ol bump. The Pants Party would agree so.

Broken controllers lately, anyone?? Vent away!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #54
TheGoldenReaper

Send a message via AIM to TheGoldenReaper

xWAx Nomsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter666 View Post
I hate:

- When people don't press LT or RT to choose a map/gametype.
- When you have to wait 14 seconds for respawning in a respawn gametype.
- When you have to wait 20 seconds when the match is over.
I hate that too.

I mainly hate the lag issues, and the usual advantage the host gets although it isn't the biggest deal to me.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #55
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
No complaints about gears for me(kinda) Its just if i know he/she should have died, then it does annoy me a lil. But the worst thing is the actual complainers.There im done =].
Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 AM   #56
B17713

B17713's Gamercard
I hate when i get host, i know i have a shit connection, therefore making everyone elses game unenjoyable. I really hate the time it takes for my bullet to leave my gun, giving me the disadvantage in a shotgun fight. Sorry to say it but the chainsaw is best used in a lagged game, i almost always have to revert to lancer when in a laggy game, you may call me a chainsaw noob but for those of you who have to glitch a game to win it isn't really me who's the noob is it? I also don't like kill stealing, i worked for that kill only to have Mr I've done fuck all saunter over and nick it, is it really worth it.
Unsupportsmanship, man is it annoying. Yeah we get that you couldn't work as a team but you don't have to make yourself look a dick by going off at your teammates.
My biggest dissapointment is I really love this game and I have so many complaints about a game i supposedly love.

B17713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #57
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
No complaints about gears for me(kinda) Its just if i know he/she should have died, then it does annoy me a lil. But the worst thing is the actual complainers.There im done =].
The point of this thread is to keep the forums less cluttered since there are alot of issues with this game to be pointed out. Half of the games i played today were laggy and i got owned by the chainsaw lol. cant stop wont stop!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 AM   #58
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

things i hate about this game:

first and foremost, when people don't die. i know if i'm playing in a laggy match i can't expect to get my normal kill to death ratio, or even get many kills at all. because what i see on my screen clearly is not what's actually happening. however, it seems ever since title update 4 there are some games where enemies will not die. i've shot a guy, point blank with my shotgun, while his back is turned, another time at the same range while he struggles to get off the wall, and countless times while he runs away. most of the time the same person will get shot by my teammates that he passes along the way. this is just one example but it seems to be happening more and more. this occurs in matches with no lag too. i usually play with a full team and they say the same thing. does anyone know what is up with this?

two words; kill, stealers. there are certain exceptions to this rule. if someone i downed is about to be revived and i am already dead, then take it. however, if i down someone, then turn around to fight someone shooting me from behind, don't walk up to where i was, steal my kill, and then jump away, not even assisting with the new person i'm battling. that is fucking low. since this seems to be so popular, now a days, i will follow that person around for the rest of the game taking whatever downs they get.

chainsawing. of course everything about the chainsaw pisses me off. but two main aspects really take the cake. first, as if the running around holding B doesn't automatically guarantee you a kill, hidding around a corner and then sawing me from behind when i walk by, officially makes you the worst player on all of gears' multiplayer. second, if all that's left in guardian match is me and one or two teammates, and your team's leader is still alive, and your whole team is attacking me, don't run into the middle with your saw. give me a somewhat fair fight. again if you have to do this, you suck.

Last edited by Mister Buds; 07-11-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:03 AM   #59
BackSpace07

xXTCx TuRtLeZz's Gamercard
Head shots don't register, kill stealers, chainsaw fags who get you as soon as you turn the corner. That's about it =/
Old 07-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #60
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Ok i am now officially pissed off...tired of gettin stuck with noobs on my team when i play solo and when im out there fighting i get flanked because retards cant stand up for themselves noobs dont deserve me wastin time playin with them...im only goin to play with friends in a full party. whos with me?!?!?