PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #61
S1N1ST3R II X17

I'm here to officially bitch about not being 100 yet, DAMNIT

Gears of War 1: 59/59 for 1250/1250
Gears of War 2: 79/79 for 1750/1750
S1N1ST3R II X17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #62
manifest95

manifest95's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGrinder View Post
Ok i am now officially pissed off...tired of gettin stuck with noobs on my team when i play solo and when im out there fighting i get flanked because retards cant stand up for themselves noobs dont deserve me wastin time playin with them...im only goin to play with friends in a full party. whos with me?!?!?
YES, I definately feel your pain. Me and friend were by our self last night so we tried to get either the submission and/or the Annex achievements. We kept getting partners with very low rank (1 was a rank 2) and all night, wenever had people who knew howto play the game. The worst part, we were playing on levels that we needed in Annex. Nothing makes me more mad then having your team mates hide out in Annex then running by yourself into the ring only to get noobed 2 pieced or chainsawed by 5 guys. I don't know why I still play this game. Its only going to kill me.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #63
Strikken101

Send a message via AIM to Strikken101

gshock1992's Gamercard
Quote:
If i had a nickel for every thread there is whining, complaining, pissing, and moaning about Gears2, id have enough to buy me a snow cone everyday for the summer.
thats it, just a snowcone? id buy the fuckin playboy mansion!

Last edited by Strikken101; 08-05-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Strikken101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #64
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifest95 View Post
YES, I definately feel your pain. Me and friend were by our self last night so we tried to get either the submission and/or the Annex achievements. We kept getting partners with very low rank (1 was a rank 2) and all night, wenever had people who knew howto play the game. The worst part, we were playing on levels that we needed in Annex. Nothing makes me more mad then having your team mates hide out in Annex then running by yourself into the ring only to get noobed 2 pieced or chainsawed by 5 guys. I don't know why I still play this game. Its only going to kill me.
I know that feeling, it was a huge mistake going for submission/annex achievements alone as it took me like over a course of 3 months and when i finally started partyin up with people that would help me vote and that knew how to play, it was a breeze after that. Keyword= fullparty! this aint ninja gaiden or army of two, teamwork is essential and also a main reason why this game is good, sometimes i play with my buddies and the way we work together its beautiful like poetry in motion. unless ur host, its impossible to win games by urself so get some buddies to play it with u too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikken101 View Post
thats it, just a snowcone? id buy the fuckin playboy mansion!
Wow really? Youd do hugh hefner's leftovers?

Last edited by NinjaGrinder; 07-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.
NinjaGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #65
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
two words; kill, stealers. there are certain exceptions to this rule. if someone i downed is about to be revived and i am already dead, then take it. however, if i down someone, then turn around to fight someone shooting me from behind, don't walk up to where i was, steal my kill, and then jump away, not even assisting with the new person i'm battling. that is fucking low. since this seems to be so popular, now a days, i will follow that person around for the rest of the game taking whatever downs they get.
Seems to be happening more and more nowadays. I'm almost to the point that I don't want to play unless I am playing with at least one of my friends.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #66
Doc_Ezra

Doc Ezra's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is the matchmaking always this terrible? I've been staring at a Wingman screen for 20 minutes while it searches for opposing teams. Getting lots of reading done, but damn.
Doc_Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #67
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Ezra View Post
Is the matchmaking always this terrible? I've been staring at a Wingman screen for 20 minutes while it searches for opposing teams. Getting lots of reading done, but damn.
Cancel matchmaking and try again. If it still doesnt work, id usually play another gametype then go back to where you wanna be.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #68
BootlegVenom

BootlegVenom's Gamercard
All Fronts Bitch

Can't believe the retail pack got cancelled. Feel ripped off because I downloaded the map packs as they came out, but thought I would get the All Fronts retail pack, and put flashback, combustible and snowblind codes on ebay to get some dollar back and feel less ripped off. Now left feeling total screwed by epic again. When gears 3 comes out not gonna get any maps until they deal of the week or something.

BootlegVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #69
Maikan Bacon

Maikan Bacon's Gamercard
I'm here to bitch about MY RANK BEING RESET FFS.

WTF, it's just randomly been reset ffs - just a complete piss take.

Pissed off Maikan Bacon.

100% Retail:
SAW (1000/1000)
CoD:MW2 (1000/1000)
Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
Borderlands (1000/1000)
Fallout 3 (1550/1550)
Fable II (1350/1350)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250/1250)
EA SPORTS FN 3 (1000/1000)
Terminator: Salvation (1000/1000)
CoD4:MW (1000/1000)
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction (200/200)
Maikan Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #70
Strikken101

gshock1992's Gamercard
Quote:
Wow really? Youd do hugh hefner's leftovers?
better than having snowcones like a little kid, do u still wait outside for the ice cream truck to come?

btw i thought rumors said that they cancelled the all fronts retail, but is that true?

Last edited by Strikken101; 08-05-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #71
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikken101 View Post
better than having snowcones like a little kid, do u still wait outside for the ice cream truck to come?

btw i thought rumors said that they cancelled the all fronts retail, but is that true?
Yeup, i usually get one of those TMNT ice cream sticks.

I think its true since it wont be on a disc, only downloadable.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #72
BackSpace07

xXTCx TuRtLeZz's Gamercard
Quote:
Ok i am now officially pissed off...tired of gettin stuck with noobs on my team when i play solo and when im out there fighting i get flanked because retards cant stand up for themselves noobs dont deserve me wastin time playin with them...im only goin to play with friends in a full party. whos with me?!?!?
I actually do surprisingly well with randomers, I do crap when I play with friends =/ It's always been like that which is why I prefer to game alone most of the time.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #73
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Today...im going to be bitching about not doing so well in Gears lately. I had both of my wisdom taken out 2 days ago and all the pain meds ive been takin is gone (fuckin cheapass vicodins) but it still hurts like hell so almost every game its hard for me to concentrate, im playin xbox to distract myself of the pain but it seems to be workin the other way around. Im goin back to the dentist tomorrow for more meds, hopefully.

*groans and walks away*
Old 07-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #74
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm here to bitch about foreign countries with inexplicably horrific hosting abilities. You need to stop worrying about your economic problems and food shortages and focus on the real problem, how much you're grieving me. Maybe your countries wouldn't be in such a cluster-fuck if you knew how to properly run your Internets. Seriously, are you using Dixie cups tied together with strands of yarn instead of Ethernet cables?

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #75
KingSlitherOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastey Cake View Post
I'm here to bitch about foreign countries with inexplicably horrific hosting abilities. You need to stop worrying about your economic problems and food shortages and focus on the real problem, how much you're grieving me. Maybe your countries wouldn't be in such a cluster-fuck if you knew how to properly run your Internets. Seriously, are you using Dixie cups tied together with strands of yarn instead of Ethernet cables?
Very few people in USA have good hosting abilities. I mean, what's the regular speed in USA, and what do you have yourself?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #76
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSlitherOne View Post
Very few people in USA have good hosting abilities. I mean, what's the regular speed in USA, and what do you have yourself?
As for the 'average' citizen, I'm not entirely sure. i do know most people think any "high-speed" will suffice, but i'm afraid this is false.

I myself, operate on a t1 line that is shared centrally by myself, people in my household, and our 5 neighboring households. We were quoted 1.5mbps when we had it installed, but on average when several users are on at once it tends to twindle a bit. Still I have rarely gotten a complaint about my hosting abilities aside from the before mentioned foreigners and the occasional scrub that claims 'lag' as an excuse for a loss.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #77
Strikken101

gshock1992's Gamercard
this thread should be a sticky, any mods around?

Last edited by Strikken101; 08-05-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #78
KingSlitherOne

Quote:
As for the 'average' citizen, I'm not entirely sure. i do know most people think any "high-speed" will suffice, but i'm afraid this is false.

I myself, operate on a t1 line that is shared centrally by myself, people in my household, and our 5 neighboring households. We were quoted 1.5mbps when we had it installed, but on average when several users are on at once it tends to twindle a bit. Still I have rarely gotten a complaint about my hosting abilities aside from the before mentioned foreigners and the occasional scrub that claims 'lag' as an excuse for a loss.
All right, I doubt that a lot of americans would lag very much on your connection.

As you know there's a big difference between "bullet lag" and "teleport lag". I played Gears of War with a person from the north of Sweden and I live in the south part of Sweden - we had the same it company although he found my connection a bit laggy.

This might be a bit offtopic, but would you mind taking a speed test? http://www.speedtest.net/
Old 07-14-2009, 03:53 AM   #79
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
How about we rename the game Tears of War 2 due to all of the crying and tantrums over what people think is wrong with the game?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #80
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Ohhh Ohhh, I wanna bitch about something.

I don't like the ranking system, and how ranks get reset. It takes soooo long to rank up, its annoying. I'm used to Halo and COD ranking systems, where ranking up is pretty easy.

=[
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #81
Agent JFG

Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
When you're in a great game with a great connection Gears is one of the best games on the market. Its the inconsistancy of great games that is annoying to me. What I find funny is the the developers said that there wouldn't be any host advantage this time around like the first game. When you get host, sometimes it feels like your cheating. I don't know how many times I've said to myself while being host, "I should have died there" etc. I'm begging to think, especially after 4 title updates, that this game simply cannot be fixed where most people experience grief. Going back to the way Gears 1 was where you could select a game that had a good connection would fix so many problems that this game has.
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #82
S1N1ST3R II X17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikan Bacon View Post
I'm here to bitch about MY RANK BEING RESET FFS.

WTF, it's just randomly been reset ffs - just a complete piss take.

Pissed off Maikan Bacon.
What did you do to get it reset, I mean what were you actually doing when it got reset, and be honest please, this will help us preventing ourselves from being reset. I thought it got fixed with TU4 but apparently not?

Gears of War 1: 59/59 for 1250/1250
Gears of War 2: 79/79 for 1750/1750
S1N1ST3R II X17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #83
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Todays bitching session brought to you by Ninja-

The inconsistences of the smoke/stun cringes. I cannot tell you how many times ive thrown a 2piece and it stuns the other guy for only half a second but when it happens to me sometimes it feels like a entire 2 seconds. Could have to do with the severity of the lag in a game but i always seem to receive the bad end of it. And also after ive been cringed i get stuck in an animation where i cant move unless i roll or stick to a wall (walkin in any direction will not work unless im host). Why cant Epic just take lessons from Infinity Ward on dedicated servers or from Bungie on language filtering matchmaking?? I now honestly cannot say i blame people for bridging to get the best game experience possible (not just high k/d ratios).
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #84
hellsnake08

Bizzaro Blake's Gamercard
Who else had their ranking restarted?

I'm going to spare you the obvious rage I'm feeling about losing my 39 rank and just get to the point......WHY ARE TITLE UPDATES RESTARTING ACHIEVEMENTS AND RANKS?!?

This is the first game I have had this issue.

If there is any way to explain why this has happened or if there is anyone else out their that was screwed by the 4th title update please give me your opinion on this matter.

Thank you
Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #85
xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd

Everest 06's Gamercard
Got Virgin Media to replace BTs slower than snails internet service. Played three games online and the difference was unbelievable. No lag whatsoever. Shotguns work properly, even from behind. When i snipe people in the face, their face actually gets hit from now on. Im no longer getting hit when people shoot at the spot i was in three seconds ago. Its flawless. I have absolutely nothing to bitch about anymore. Almost eight months in and i can finally start playing Gears how it is supposed to be played.

If you lag like hell, get Virgin Media. If you lag like hell and you have Virgin Media, HAHAHAHAHA! That is all.
Call of Duty 5 (1000)
Mass Effect (1000)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles (1250)
Crackdown (1250)
Call of Duty 4
Fable II (1000)

Working On:
Red Faction: Guerilla (730)
Prototype (840)
Gears of War 2 (1625)
Far Cry 2 (720)
Unreal Tournament 3 (930)
Dead Space (260)
xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #86
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Agreed

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA oh man, this is all so true. I swear to god Epic gives host to the worst people ever.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #87
OvrDrv3

OvrDrv3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd View Post
Got Virgin Media to replace BTs slower than snails internet service. Played three games online and the difference was unbelievable. No lag whatsoever. Shotguns work properly, even from behind. When i snipe people in the face, their face actually gets hit from now on. Im no longer getting hit when people shoot at the spot i was in three seconds ago. Its flawless. I have absolutely nothing to bitch about anymore. Almost eight months in and i can finally start playing Gears how it is supposed to be played.

If you lag like hell, get Virgin Media. If you lag like hell and you have Virgin Media, HAHAHAHAHA! That is all.
In the U.S., it's all about fiber optics. . .
15 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up.

Retail:
Skate 2-1000/1500
Gears of war 2- 1065/1750
XBL Arcade:
Castle Crashers- 200/200
Stupid dinosaur game with Doritos- 200/200
'Splosion man- 125/200

OvrDrv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #88
Gariom

Gariom's Gamercard
I'm here to complain about the hideous, disgusting, gratuitous (that's enough) amounts of lag. I have a 1/1,000,000,000 chance of finding a match with no lag. Stop giving host to the one damn Mexican in every match!

I just wish EPIC would make some separate servers for different languages. My K/D ratios are going way down very fast and it's difficult to rank up when I can't even get a kill because my shots have a two second lag on them. When it lags really bad I have to chainsaw everything and I HATE doing that.
Dash of Destruction (200/200); Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)

Thanks to davhth4 for the epic sig!
Gariom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #89
Mikey1610

Mikey X83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvrDrv3 View Post
In the U.S., it's all about fiber optics. . .
15 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up.
Has been for a while over here too.
50Mbps is the best Virgin do at the moment. They're looking to increase that to around 150Mbps by 2012.
Mikey1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #90
NinjaGrinder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1610 View Post
Has been for a while over here too.
50Mbps is the best Virgin do at the moment. They're looking to increase that to around 150Mbps by 2012.
Oh god not you again. You got my buddys thread closed. I hope it was worth it for you.