PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
Pincushion

Smithy440's Gamercard
D-Day Achievement - How to easily get it :)

Right, like many, many people on the internet, the D-Day achievement has been a right pain in the ass. Well after many attempts and many youtube videos, I've finally worked out how to get the achievement. I thought I'd share this with everyone as I know how frustrating this achievement actually is

1. I never bothered clearing my cache files so ignore doing that.
2. You need patience. It's still a pain of an achievement.
3. You need to have near enough 1 shot kill with the cannon. You can miss once, twice max.
4. Have your sensitivity set as high as possible.
5. Have your gamma set as high as possible.

As soon as you jump on the cannon, destroy the one directly in front of you, then the raft slightly to the left, and the one further left. Once you have destroyed these, go straight to the right and destroy ALL THREE one by one. Start with the one on the very right and then move left, killing them in turn.

The aim is to kill ALL rafts as qucikly as possible.

After you have killed the 3 together on the right, move left killing each one as you see it. Once you get so far left, you will see 2 rafts right next to each other heading here:

(The picture is not owned by me)

The rafts will appear pretty much exactly where the cursor is. If it doesn't then you were probably too slow. Destroy these two rafts as quickly as you can. I think these were rafts 13 and 14.

Once you have destroyed these, shoot the cannon just behind the bush in the picture to clear anything there. Then go over to the right quickly and finish off the last 2-3 rafts.

This is exactly what I did. I tried several methods that didn't work. My one worked perfectly and did for a mate.

I really hope this helps everyone

Thanks

Last edited by Pincushion; 08-16-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Pincushion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
I get this one pretty quickly. Best way is to blow up the rafts as soon as they spawn on the horizon.

Do the middle one, then the ones to the left, swing to the right... this is the critical part. If you can get these next few as quick as possible, you can swing to the left and you'll see the rafts that get across the water really quickly. I got 3 or 4, then swung back to the right to get the rest as they were nearing halfway across the water. Got those, swung back to the left thinking there would be more... all gone, achievement unlocked
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Pincushion

Smithy440's Gamercard
Yeah, it's actually quite easy when you know how to do it. I thought I'd post this up with as much info as I could as I noticed some people struggling and this achievement drove me nuts lol.

Still gotta get that damn Goldrush achievement though...don't know if I can be bothered...
Old 08-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
This Achievement doesn't really need a guide because it is just based on luck and knowing where that secret raft comes from.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Pincushion

Smithy440's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
This Achievement doesn't really need a guide because it is just based on luck and knowing where that secret raft comes from.
This is why I did a guide, so people can destroy the rafts and find the "secret" raft easier.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
LGS I Hitman

LGS I Hitman's Gamercard
Im struggling with this one raft always seems to get through
LGS I Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote