PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 10
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #61
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
To find out what level you are on for the Season Showdown achievement go to Main Menu > Season Showdown > Credit History > My Credits. On the next screen you will see what level you are on for skills, strategy, etc. Might want to add that in so people can keep track.

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/

Last edited by Bishop24; 07-15-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Bishop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #62
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   x360a Book Club   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Good thinking. I added it into every season showdown achievement.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
MORE THAN 60+ GAMES FOR SALE
APRIL 2014 LISTING

SengIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #63
DarkManX

Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For The RE trick for getting the leader board achievements do you create him before you start Road To Glory mode?
DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #64
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
For The RE trick for getting the leader board achievements do you create him before you start Road To Glory mode?
Before starting Road to Glory go to Team Management > View & Edit Rosters from the Main Menu and edit his stats all the way to 99. I forgot to mention that.

Also pertaining to win all 34 bowl trophies. All you have to do is at the end of the season play OR super sim every bowl game. Just make sure you win all the games and you will get this achievement. I just played the New Mexico Bowl and after winning it I got the trophy for my trophy case. So you will only need one dynasty for this achievement, hopefully.

:

Last edited by Bishop24; 07-15-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #65
DarkManX

I'm now having trouble getting 5 star prospect with my RB. I'm even playing non freshman with all sliders in my favor I'm getting like 5 td's and 300 rushing yards and only getting 4 stars WTF?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #66
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Great guide, huge help, good job. A few of them were looking blank but looks like you made some major updates earlier today, seems well detailed and in-depth. 5 stars.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #67
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   x360a Book Club   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTZILLA313 View Post
Great guide, huge help, good job. A few of them were looking blank but looks like you made some major updates earlier today, seems well detailed and in-depth. 5 stars.
Yes. Bishop posted some major updates and I added that in and some extra stuff also.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #68
ckleckner

ckleckner's Gamercard
i should get the credit for the de achievement rick since i am the one who posted it first
ckleckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #69
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleckner View Post
i should get the credit for the de achievement rick since i am the one who posted it first
???

Which ones? Because what is on the guide is what Bishop and I said. And if I remember Bishop pit you in the credits.

Edit:

just checked. You already have credit.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Last edited by SengIV; 07-15-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #70
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleckner View Post
You have credit, it's at the end of the Road to Glory achievements. I don't forget to give credit where it's due. I actually gave you credit for telling us to use Notre Dame so Seng change it to telling us about the trick. It's up to Seng whether he puts it at the top of the guide but I did give you credit.

:

Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #71
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop24 View Post
You have credit, it's at the end of the Road to Glory achievements. I don't forget to give credit where it's due. I actually gave you credit for telling us to use Notre Dame so Seng change it to telling us about the trick. It's up to Seng whether he puts it at the top of the guide but I did give you credit.
I will change it tonight. But I won't be putting his name at the top. Sorry but the guide is done mainly by me and Bishop. 3 achievements isnt enough to get partial credit.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #72
iinova_x

A e IR ii a L s's Gamercard
i cant get mr febnurary i did exactly what u said went undefeated won sec champ. and bsc. and heisman but they dont recurit anyone good for me just a bunch of 3 n 4 stars and i always finish ranked around 9 or 10 recurting class
iinova_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #73
ckleckner

ckleckner's Gamercard
its cool. thanks
ckleckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #74
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinova_x View Post
i cant get mr febnurary i did exactly what u said went undefeated won sec champ. and bsc. and heisman but they dont recurit anyone good for me just a bunch of 3 n 4 stars and i always finish ranked around 9 or 10 recurting class
For the first three weeks of the season go into Recruiting manually. Then start with the 5* players that you have targeted. Then Quick Call them straight down a line offering scholarships and make sure it is max time. I am in Bowl Season with:

7 = 5*
1 = 4*

I am top of the classes right now. Next one has 1 5*

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #75
Schloob

For the achievement Give Him 5 minutes I see in the description to take a penalty for delay of game. Personally I would say you should not take a penalty but to just kneel it when you have 1 second on the play clock. That way you keep the clock running even before the play clock starts up again and never have a stoppage in time that way.

The other question I have and I would assume someone has tried it and that is why it is not mentioned is does turning off the play clock negate this achievement? Otherwise, I would think you could just make sure to have the ball with over 5 minutes left in the 4Q and just let the clock run out. Or does the option for chew up the clock not come up then?

And the most important note to make on this, when you do get your first downs do not go out of bounds.

Last edited by Schloob; 07-16-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Schloob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #76
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob View Post
For the achievement Give Him 5 minutes I see in the description to take a penalty for delay of game. Personally I would say you should not take a penalty but to just kneel it when you have 1 second on the play clock. That way you keep the clock running even before the play clock starts up again and never have a stoppage in time that way.

The other question I have and I would assume someone has tried it and that is why it is not mentioned is does turning off the play clock negate this achievement? Otherwise, I would think you could just make sure to have the ball with over 5 minutes left in the 4Q and just let the clock run out. Or does the option for chew up the clock not come up then?

And the most important note to make on this, when you do get your first downs do not go out of bounds.

When you take the penalty you replay the down.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #77
Schloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SengIV View Post
When you take the penalty you replay the down.
Ok, so based on that if you say start on the opponent's 5 yard line in this time scenario you should never even have to even go for a 1st down. Just keep doing the taking a knee and getting a delay of game penalty.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #78
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Ok, so based on that if you say start on the opponent's 5 yard line in this time scenario you should never even have to even go for a 1st down. Just keep doing the taking a knee and getting a delay of game penalty.
Well eventually you will hit 3rd down and have to get a first. But you are taking double time off.

Here it goes:

Take a knee, take a penalty, take a knee, take a penalty.

1st Down
Take a knee
2nd Down
Take a penalty
2nd Down
Take a knee
3rd Down
Take a penalty
3rd Down
Get a first down

Repeat. You should knock off about 2 minutes and 45 seconds from one set of downs.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #79
hestar

Hestar69's Gamercard
How I did the 5 min achievement was I had all the army players speed at 0 (cause for some reason I could not do a kickoff return or return a lock down int).

So I the tried the 5 min achievement just running around the walking players for 5 mins and dove on the ground when the clock expired,achievement unlocked .

I'm sure the take a knee is wayyyy easier,but if you got a team at 0 speed already and can't get the 5 min achievement for some reason,try this way(dont forget you can super sim to a quarter so u dont gotta play the whole game).

Btw great guide ...ima try your tips on Mr.febuary cause for some reason every time I recruit 5 5* players another team has like 7*...sighhhh 2 1/2 hrs wasted last night

Last edited by hestar; 07-16-2009 at 05:59 PM.
hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #80
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Just a quick note on Give Him 5 Minutes, it makes it a lot easier if it's a blowout, as the other team will not call their timeouts. Also, I did 5 minute quarters and ran out the last 1:30 in the third and the entire 4th quarter. If you do it this way though, you MUST have the ball to start the 4th. 6 minutes may be the way to go.

Also, I'd suggest not taking a knee, but getting delay of game penalties on 2nd and 3 or shorter. This way you don't lose a down and you still have a manageable distance so you don't have to gamble with passing the ball on 3rd down. One other note, if you're going for the Red Zone Perfection achievement, make sure not to break the other team's 20 yard line or you will have to score a TD or FG on the last play of the game.

Great guide so far, keep up the good work.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #81
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
Just a quick note on Give Him 5 Minutes, it makes it a lot easier if it's a blowout, as the other team will not call their timeouts. Also, I did 5 minute quarters and ran out the last 1:30 in the third and the entire 4th quarter. If you do it this way though, you MUST have the ball to start the 4th. 6 minutes may be the way to go.

Also, I'd suggest not taking a knee, but getting delay of game penalties on 2nd and 3 or shorter. This way you don't lose a down and you still have a manageable distance so you don't have to gamble with passing the ball on 3rd down. One other note, if you're going for the Red Zone Perfection achievement, make sure not to break the other team's 20 yard line or you will have to score a TD or FG on the last play of the game.

Great guide so far, keep up the good work.
Yeah I listed that in there. You can burn almost 3 minutes in one set of downs.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #82
Schloob

Quote:
Well eventually you will hit 3rd down and have to get a first. But you are taking double time off.

Here it goes:

Take a knee, take a penalty, take a knee, take a penalty.

1st Down
Take a knee
2nd Down
Take a penalty
2nd Down
Take a knee
3rd Down
Take a penalty
3rd Down
Get a first down

Repeat. You should knock off about 2 minutes and 45 seconds from one set of downs.
Yes you are correct, I mispoke there and realized it after I shutdown and had to go to work and realized what I said was not factually correct. However I much rather use a method like mine(the one that teams actually do in real life) in that I avoid a situation with your scenario of facing 3rd or 4th and long to go due to the penalties and also I would not stop the clock except for when attaining a 1st down. But I guess different strokes for different folks.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #83
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes you are correct, I mispoke there and realized it after I shutdown and had to go to work and realized what I said was not factually correct. However I much rather use a method like mine(the one that teams actually do in real life) in that I avoid a situation with your scenario of facing 3rd or 4th and long to go due to the penalties and also I would not stop the clock except for when attaining a 1st down. But I guess different strokes for different folks.
Oh its cool. Your idea is good also. If you want I can add it in as an alternative, you get credit. Let me know.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #84
DarkManX

does any one know how long it will take to get all 4 season showdown achievements? It seems like it is a long process? Also do you have to play on a certain difficulty or quarter length?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #85
dillon

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
does any one know how long it will take to get all 4 season showdown achievements? It seems like it is a long process? Also do you have to play on a certain difficulty or quarter length?

I played all mine on 1 min quarters and on freshman difficulty, and it took about 5-6 hours

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon

dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #86
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Added another video in for the Upload Highlights. More to come...

Quote:
I got 10 overall within 2 hours of playing.

I am at level 6 and 7 and 1 across the board with at least 8 hours put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
I played all mine on 1 min quarters and on freshman difficulty, and it took about 5-6 hours
No way. Sorry but I aint buying that one.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING

Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #87
dillon

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Added another video in for the Upload Highlights. More to come...

I got 10 overall within 2 hours of playing.

I am at level 6 and 7 and 1 across the board with at least 8 hours put in.

No way. Sorry but I aint buying that one.

Do you have the sliders adjusted and playing the worst team, and edited thier players sliders down and edited your own players sliders to 99 because that makes it much quicker? Its not like i timed my self might be 6 might be 8 might be 5. See because i got my overall 10 in like 3 or 4 1 minute quarter games.

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon

dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #88
StalkingGrunt911

Send a message via AIM to StalkingGrunt911

xStaIkinGruntx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
For the "Give Him 5 Minutes" achievement. I can confirm turning off the play clock unlocks the achievement.

What I did step by step.
Chose Gators (because they are actually my favorite team, I also live in Florida so :P) and I chose to play against Army.
Set it to Freshmen difficulty, 6 minute quarters, and started the game.
Once the game started I Super Simmed until I just got possession of the ball in the few minutes left of the and with the play clock off I just chose to kneel the ball.
4th Quarter came, at the very start I hit B to back out of the plays and chose Chew Clock Off to On.
From there I had was on 2nd down.
Chose to QB Kneel it, and waited until I had 5 seconds left in the quarter and just to be safe I chose to run a play.
Achievement unlocked after the game.

StalkingGrunt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #89
DarkManX

well that's good to know that you can play on one minute quarters and freshman.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #90
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkingGrunt911 View Post
For the "Give Him 5 Minutes" achievement. I can confirm turning off the play clock unlocks the achievement.

What I did step by step.
Chose Gators (because they are actually my favorite team, I also live in Florida so :P) and I chose to play against Army.
Set it to Freshmen difficulty, 6 minute quarters, and started the game.
Once the game started I Super Simmed until I just got possession of the ball in the few minutes left of the and with the play clock off I just chose to kneel the ball.
4th Quarter came, at the very start I hit B to back out of the plays and chose Chew Clock Off to On.
From there I had was on 2nd down.
Chose to QB Kneel it, and waited until I had 5 seconds left in the quarter and just to be safe I chose to run a play.
Achievement unlocked after the game.
This was added to the guide and you recieved credit.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
APRIL 2014 LISTING