PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quick Achievements:Road map

I keep looking for a road map (which I can't find!) because I am one of the few who picked this game up late and after making my first Mistake in DDR U1 I feel this is the best way for people to get quick achievements in DDR U2

Overview:
-Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 8/10
-Offline: 36 (1000)
-Online: 0 (0)
-Estimated Time for 1000: 10-13 hours (depending on skill)
-Minimum Playthroughs: 1
-Missable Achievements: None!
-Glitched Achievements: None!
-Cheats Disable Achievements: No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No

Introduction:
To get the full 1000 its not going to be as easy as you think. First thing you should do is head to options and turn off BG Movies this will make dance battles super easy. Also turn the step color to NOTE this will come in handy later.

Step 1: Complete Quest Mode
You start off on an Island and you go through a quick thing with that avatar making stuff. Just pick each flashing Piece of Island until you finish it and unlock that Islands Championship.It would be best if you play on Difficult or Expert (Standard and Heavy as it used to be called). Keep Your eye open for Special Invites at

OFA
BONOLU
BIBI
RAB
RECON
DEMPASA
APIA
ISTAR
TAKA
SASUBE
BAGANIA
TAMMOMO

On each Island look for those City names. They will unlock you songs. The last few songs will be unlocked after each Championship. After you complete every Island a new final battle will show up containing the Song Unborn which is your last song. The Quest Mode will take about 3 hours

Tips on the quest mode mission: For Jump Combo Hold A on your song of choice and pick all Jump. For combo Choose all Jump it makes getting combos easier. For Freeze Combo pick all freeze.

For Fanbase challenge the song "The way you move" on expert is a fast way of getting the Fanbase score.

Make sure you visit the shop and buy every song for dance battles. Don't worry about movies because you turned BG Movie off so nobody will be earning any extra score in a dance battle.

Step 2: Complete Every Song
For 280 Just play each song and get a D or higher.

Step 3: Challenge Mode
Your last 200 Will be by beating this almost impossible thing to do. Some of them are stupid and ridiculous and I have trouble myself. This is when the Step Color NOTE comes in handy for certain challenges that require you to step on 8th notes in a song.

I have only few advice here and that is ask around about Step challenges like 100% Great and quarter notes and etc. I can't figure them out (what they mean and or how to do) and other people don't seem to either =/ which is why this is your Hardest Part in the game. Please post in the DDR 2 forums for help here. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...play.php?f=698

Conclusion:
If you have the full 1000, Congratulations you are Insanely good!!!! if not I understand your pain =(

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag

Last edited by Teh Paralyzer; 03-17-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
Good road map, but for the average person this is definitely more of an 8 or 9 out of 10, and 13 hours is nothing... I consider myself a better-than-average DDR player and I've already logged over 20 hours in the game and am nowhere near completing challenge mode...

Otherwise though, this is a decent road map imo

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathAttack View Post
Good road map, but for the average person this is definitely more of an 8 or 9 out of 10, and 13 hours is nothing... I consider myself a better-than-average DDR player and I've already logged over 20 hours in the game and am nowhere near completing challenge mode...

Otherwise though, this is a decent road map imo
Y thank you =). And I guess your right I should change it to 8. Ive been playing DDR since 4th grade so I this game is Just easy for me....Except that stupid challenge mode every DDR with it has beat me down =(

Old 10-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
Pretty decent roadmap. I think you've convinced me to play it. Good thing I'm not a completionist :P
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
DarkMellow

MajorDarkM3llow's Gamercard
can you play this with joypad or does this actually require a dance pad?

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarkMellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMellow View Post
can you play this with joypad or does this actually require a dance pad?
both since ps1 =)